30,000 boaters for Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:55:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  30,000 boaters for Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 30,000 boaters for Trump  (Read 5349 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2020, 12:58:52 PM »

This event was literally held in a town named 'Yacht Cove'
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2020, 12:59:47 PM »

The critical swing state of South Carolina.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2020, 01:00:07 PM »

Were they any Kekistan flags? That would be impressive.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2020, 01:00:38 PM »

Trump, avid follower of Alfred Thayer Mahan that he is, knows full well that history belongs to the force with the greatest command over the waves. Joe Biden won't know what hit him when the oceans and the seas vote overwhelmingly red. Have you seen the Pacific Ocean? It's endless. It's bigger than the entire United States. Has to be worth several thousand electoral votes.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2020, 01:01:09 PM »

As has been hinted already, the types of people who own boats or are into boating disproportionately support Trump because they're mostly old white Boomers in the Sunbelt who have the disposable income to spend on an expensive hobby. In a similar vein, I bet if you go to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally (which is still happening this year despite the Coronavirus, though perhaps it's somewhat understandable because if they don't do the rally, there's basically no reason for the town to keep existing), probably 90% of the participants will support Trump for similar reasons.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2020, 01:31:56 PM »

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-boat-parade-world-record-lake-murray-1515891

I'm telling you he's epically popular. His supporters don't talk to pollsters. Liberals are in for a shock on election night.

This is some really bizarre analysis.
Boaters = silent/mysterious voters.
K.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2020, 01:37:18 PM »

As has been hinted already, the types of people who own boats or are into boating disproportionately support Trump because they're mostly old white Boomers in the Sunbelt who have the disposable income to spend on an expensive hobby. In a similar vein, I bet if you go to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally (which is still happening this year despite the Coronavirus, though perhaps it's somewhat understandable because if they don't do the rally, there's basically no reason for the town to keep existing), probably 90% of the participants will support Trump for similar reasons.

Just old people with expensive hobbies that "can't afford" to pay any new taxes?
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2020, 01:38:58 PM »

One of the saddest parts of Biden's lead becoming so large is the concern trolling from Beet becomes incomprehensibly stupid.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2020, 01:43:09 PM »

I don't want to get the site in any copyright trouble, but if you do a Google Image search for "trump boat rally south carolina" it's clear that it's not just some old Boomers.

There are flags of every type, massive flags, in some cases pasted on like butter, Trump swag of all kinds, Trump towels, Trump bathing suits, entire boats painted "Trump." No matter how big a lead you think Biden has in the polls, you have to admit that he could never get enthusiasm like this. That is why I still can't see him pulling it off. Heck, I'd be impressed just to see a Biden bumper sticker or yard sign.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2020, 01:47:59 PM »

I don't want to get the site in any copyright trouble, but if you do a Google Image search for "trump boat rally south carolina" it's clear that it's not just some old Boomers.

There are flags of every type, massive flags, in some cases pasted on like butter, Trump swag of all kinds, Trump towels, Trump bathing suits, entire boats painted "Trump." No matter how big a lead you think Biden has in the polls, you have to admit that he could never get enthusiasm like this. That is why I still can't see him pulling it off. Heck, I'd be impressed just to see a Biden bumper sticker or yard sign.
Thats because most of Biden's support is anti-trump rather than pro-Biden, while the opposite is true of Trump's support. That being said, many polls actually find that Biden supporters are *more* enthusiastic to vote than Trump supporters.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2020, 02:53:38 PM »

Bernie packed stadiums both times, yet lost to Crooked Hillary and Sleepy Joe's non-campaign. Yes, crowd sizes, signs, and the like matter, but they aren't everything. And honestly, the fact that this is a boat rally in South Carolina should tell you everything you need to know.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2020, 02:56:06 PM »

Absolutely, Biden could never get enthusiasm like Trump can. He also can never motivate possibly hundreds of millions to hate him the way Trump can. Trump is polarizing, even for our already polarized times, Biden is not.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2020, 03:09:38 PM »

Nobody knows, but if he really got 300,000 people to sign up for his Tulsa rally it's gargantuan. This weekend, thousands of people lined the piers of San Diego to celebrate his 74th birthday. The support out there for him is massive. But we've created so many echo chambers on the left that we don't understand why he is so popular.

Some liberals across the nation sign up for his rallies with no intention of going just to keep the seats empty.

And in any case rally size doesn't mean anything in terms of electoral results. Just ask Democratic nominee Bernie Sanders.

He has a cult base, sure, we know that. But there are no signs he's expanded it or that it will be enough for him.

Bernie's largest rally was around 25,000 IIRC. 300,000 is out of this world level.

There’s an enormous difference between entering your name on a website and actually attending a rally, Beet. I know at least some of those 300,000 are liberals screwing with the Trump campaign and many of the rest may have no intent of attending.

Good god it's a million now. Even if half a million liberals were just entering their names into his website to screw with him this is shaping up to be the biggest political rally in national history, if not world history. Trump's popularity is messianic. We need more Trump supporters here because most people here don't understand him or his people.

LimoLiberal
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.71, S: -4.00

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2020, 03:25:52 PM »

No wonder LANDline polls show Biden winning.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2020, 05:58:59 PM »

Well played sir. Well played.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2020, 06:19:52 PM »

Nobody knows, but if he really got 300,000 people to sign up for his Tulsa rally it's gargantuan. This weekend, thousands of people lined the piers of San Diego to celebrate his 74th birthday. The support out there for him is massive. But we've created so many echo chambers on the left that we don't understand why he is so popular.

Some liberals across the nation sign up for his rallies with no intention of going just to keep the seats empty.

And in any case rally size doesn't mean anything in terms of electoral results. Just ask Democratic nominee Bernie Sanders.

He has a cult base, sure, we know that. But there are no signs he's expanded it or that it will be enough for him.

Bernie's largest rally was around 25,000 IIRC. 300,000 is out of this world level.

There’s an enormous difference between entering your name on a website and actually attending a rally, Beet. I know at least some of those 300,000 are liberals screwing with the Trump campaign and many of the rest may have no intent of attending.

Good god it's a million now. Even if half a million liberals were just entering their names into his website to screw with him this is shaping up to be the biggest political rally in national history, if not world history. Trump's popularity is messianic. We need more Trump supporters here because most people here don't understand him or his people.

This is hysterical. Most people would shamed enough at making such a public fool of themselves to reconsider exhibiting wholesale hubris again for a long long time. Oh, but not Beet! Less than a month later and hes back riding tall in the saddle of obliviousness again. So brave!
IntelligenceWins
Rookie
United States

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2020, 06:32:07 PM »

I'm telling you he's epically popular. His supporters don't talk to pollsters. Liberals are in for a shock on election night.

Yes, his support is being underrated once again.
However, the last time I said this, someone on here said I had yet to "develop my brain."  Devil
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2020, 06:35:53 PM »

Dear liberals,

If the blue wall is rebuilt, why are 30,000 boaters for Trump?

- Turning Point USA
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2020, 06:51:59 PM »
« Edited: July 10, 2020, 06:55:05 PM by DTC »

Can you explain to me why you are talking so authoritatively when you have a history of getting predictions wrong?

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=304667.msg6485940#msg6485940

You said that the GOP would have a 20 seat majority. Dems have a majority almost that big. You said that the GOP would have 55 Senate seats after the midterm. You made these predictions despite the evidence not being there, because you think you are way smarter than you actually are.

I just don't get why clowns like you, who are consistently so completely wrong, still speak with such authority. Don't you get embarrassed when you are so completely wrong? Don't you feel shame when you speak so confidently but then are completely contradicted by real data? Does it not make you think that *maybe* you are not as smart or intelligent as you think you are?

I feel like the average person does some self-reflection when they are proven wrong. You have not, and you are still acting as if you are some genius despite being proven wrong 6 times out of 10. Guess what Beet? A 40% grade is still failing. Your predictions are worse than flipping a coin. If you were my employee and I needed you to make decisions based on predictions in the future, I would have had you fired months ago.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2020, 06:53:33 PM »

Can you explain to me why you are talking so authoritatively when you have a history of getting predictions wrong?

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=304667.msg6485940#msg6485940

You said that the GOP would have a 20 seat majority. Dems have a majority almost that big. You said that the GOP would have 55 Senate seats after the midterm. You made these predictions despite the evidence not being there, because you think you are way smarter than you actually are.

I just don't get why clowns like you, who are consistently so completely wrong, still speak with such authority. Don't you get embarrassed when you are so completely wrong? Don't you feel shame when you speak so confidently but then are completely contradicted by real data? Does it not make you think that *maybe* you are not as smart or intelligent as you think you are?

I feel like the average person does some self-reflection when they are proven wrong. You have not, and you are still acting as if you are some genius despite being proven wrong 6 times out of 10. Guess what Beet? A 40% grade is still failing. Your predictions are worse than flipping a coin.
The trouble with our Trump hack friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2020, 04:07:23 PM »

It's only 5 days old and this thread has already aged pretty badly.
G_Master
Rookie

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2020, 09:35:13 PM »

While I actually do know understand what you mean about enthusiasm, the truth is, is that Biden doesn’t have a cult of personality like Trump has. Mind you, that not necessarily mean that Biden’s chances are in any way hurt by this perceived enthusiasm deficit.
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2020, 09:51:44 PM »

I bet they're master boaters too.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2020, 10:02:46 PM »

After not seeing many trump flags on boats this summer, there was a pretty large turnout this past weekend for a MAGA boat parade on our lake. Didn’t recognize anyone in the pictures, but it hit a bit close to home. Disappointing.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2020, 08:18:37 AM »

Were these registered boaters or likely boaters?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies