2020: Jay Nixon vs. Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:52:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Alternative Elections (Moderator: Dereich)
  2020: Jay Nixon vs. Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020: Jay Nixon vs. Donald Trump  (Read 350 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 09, 2020, 04:36:08 AM »

If former Missouri governor Jay Nixon somehow won the Democratic nomination, how would he do in the general election? Assuming nothung fundamentally changes.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 04:44:56 AM »

Before Ferguson, Nixon would have been seen as a potentially strong candidate. After, I doubt he could win a Democratic Senate primary in Missouri, let alone a Presidential nomination.

If he did win the nomination...

Donald Trump/Mike Pence 49% 289 EV
Jay Nixon/Doug Jones 48% 249 EV
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 04:52:39 AM »

Before Ferguson, Nixon would have been seen as a potentially strong candidate. After, I doubt he could win a Democratic Senate primary in Missouri, let alone a Presidential nomination.

I doubt he would win Missouri, to be honest. But he wouldn't win there and in Iowa, while losing the whole Rust Belt.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 04:59:22 AM »

I doubt he would win Missouri, to be honest. But he wouldn't win there and in Iowa, while losing the whole Rust Belt.

Nixon's a weaker nominee than Hillary, and I only gave him Missouri because it's his home state and Iowa and NE-2 because of regional proximity. He might well lose all three.

It's also possible that he flips Wisconsin and Michigan, but not Missouri and Iowa, but Trump probably still carries Pennsylvania and Ohio no matter what here.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 09:52:13 AM »

snip

Nixon's a weaker nominee than Hillary, and I only gave him Missouri because it's his home state and Iowa and NE-2 because of regional proximity. He might well lose all three.

It's also possible that he flips Wisconsin and Michigan, but not Missouri and Iowa, but Trump probably still carries Pennsylvania and Ohio no matter what here.

What a load of sh**t. The idea that MO could vote to the left of MI, home state or no, is insulting to the intelligence of this forum. You may as well post Doug Jones winning AL while losing MN against Trump.
TrumpBritt24
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 09:11:25 PM »

301-237, Nixon.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies