The Presidency of America's Maverick (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:27:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Presidency of America's Maverick (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who Will win the 2008 Election
George W Bush

Hillary Clinton

Will be a 269-269 Tie

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: The Presidency of America's Maverick  (Read 62984 times)
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« on: April 09, 2021, 06:54:50 PM »

Why can't this be reality?
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 07:50:26 PM »

Because GOP primary voters thought McCain conceived his daughter with a prostitute.

It was more an open-ended semi-rhetorical remark at the state of my party.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 10:44:55 PM »

Because GOP primary voters thought McCain conceived his daughter with a prostitute.

While I do like George W Bush as a person, that South Carolina push polling campaign was extremely dirty and I hope he apologized to McCain at some point for it

It is entirely possible that Bush didn't actually do it and it was a member of his campaign team. He wasn't always known to surround himself with the best people (see CHENEY, DICK and RUMSFELD, DONALD)
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 03:42:05 PM »

Fact Check from the debate : Biden is wrong to say that he has not been in support of every single free trade deal that has come up in the past. In 1993, he voted in favor of NAFTA.

https://justfacts.votesmart.org/bill/votes/15621

It's no secret that Biden is a flip-flop.

Since when have politicians ever been consistent? Anyway, Biden will lose regardless.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2021, 08:24:16 PM »

Funny conversation between Al Gore and George W. Bush.
I think 2008 will be between a Bush and a Clinton yet again and the Bush Family has a terrible Track Record running against a Clinton. Hillary will become the First Female President in this TL!

Yeah, but if OSR makes Hillary win he'll kill her off in 2012.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 01:56:05 AM »

How are healthcare costs doing?
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2021, 05:49:02 PM »

Cap & Trade could make Dems competitive in Kentucky on a national level.

Will Tort reform get health care costs down to a level where America is not a meme? (That and what posted so far reflect my views on healthcare, although maybe the government negotiating all medicine prices like saline solution so it isn't like $1000).
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2021, 05:30:05 PM »

I think Rehnquist would address McCain as Mr. President since he's being sworn in for a second term.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 10:49:37 PM »

Where does President McCain stand on changes to intellectual property law to allow free market competition on drugs like insulin?
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 06:43:39 PM »

Where does President McCain stand on changes to intellectual property law to allow free market competition on drugs like insulin?

Well unlike in OTL, Prescription Drugs will be allowed to be imported from Canada, the Government will be able to negotiate prices with pharmaceutical companies, and create a formulary. I believe that would allow more free-market competition on those types of drugs but I am not exactly sure

Forgot about the drug price negotiations. Probably makes it a moot point since prices should go down to levels similar to elsewhere in the world.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2021, 06:22:00 PM »

Breaking News: Leeves Fail all across New Orleans Metro as Hurricane Katrina makes landfall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7unlPvNxLLA

Blitzer: We have breaking news to report and that is Leeves all across New Orleans Metro have failed and has caused the entire city to be subject to some extremely dangerous flooding. While we are told that the National Guard and local officials have been working to evacuate many residents from the city, given the size of the city many do remain stranded there. Lets now go to Anderson Cooper who while not in New Orleans is in Baton Rogue where Hurricane Katrina did hit hard as well. So Anderson any news you are hearing

Cooper: Many residents of New Orleans we are told have come to Baton Rogue while being affected by the storm, the effects aren't expected to be as bad as New Orleans where I am told much of the communication system has been destroyed due to the flooding and storm which has made it very hard for local officials to lead further evacuation efforts and have safety measures activated.

Blitzer: We can only hope that things dont get really bad as that could lead to some disastrous consequences. We are told that President McCain is currently who is at his ranch in Arizona is coordinating with FEMA and other federal emergency response teams to see what they can do to help save as many lives as possible. He is expected to fly back to Washington as soon as he possibly can and coordiante from there but we are told he is coordinating from the so called Western White House for now.

With us now are Lousiana Senators Mary Landrieu and Bobby Jindal who both are at Baton Rouge as well . So Senator Landrieu have you heard anything from FEMA

Landrieu: We are told that 80 to 90% of people in the city have evacuated thankfully both from their own means and through help from local organzations and FEMA but for people who are still staranded there we are told that FEMA has encouraged people to go to the Superdome and the Convention Center and will try to evacuate people from Helicopter as fast as possible

Blitzer: I know you spoke with the President, did he say anything about FEMA

Landrieu: We are told that he has asked FEMA to waive normal procedure for now and urge fire and emergency services departments to respond to the areas affected by the storms even if not formally requested yet due to the failures in the communication system. Also I asked him to ask FEMA to stand by and let any public or private agency help evacuate people if they want cause right now its more important to evacuate residents of the city and help the people stranded then to worry about normal procedure.

Blitzer: Senator Jindal , many are asking how the Leeve failures and whether the United States Army Corps of Engineers shoudl take responsibility for this

Jindal: Currently what is important is we focus first on responding to the present crises then once the crises is over, we can focus on what caused it and how we can prevent it from happening. I am sure that the Army Corps of Engineers and Local Levy Boards will take responsibility for this failure but currently we cannot focus on that.

Landrieu: I agree with my collegue as yes it is an unacceptable failure, currently we need to focus on dealing with this current crises and then later we will investigate why this happened and then we will pass a bill in congress to ensure something like this cant happen .

A better Katrina response may inadvertently lead to Kathleen Blanco being re-elected.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2021, 10:39:09 PM »

Virginia flipping must make Senator George Allen very, very nervous.
Republicans are in for a rough Midterm Night in 2006. I don't think they will lose 30 Seats like in the OTL but likely 15 - 17 Seats and Democrats might narrowly snatch the House.

It's only 0.4% that he lost by IOTL. With McCain not being Bush and given that Kaine won by five OTL I think Allen will make it (even though I hate him with a passion).
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2021, 12:01:52 PM »

Will McCain take the smaller Republican majority to push for health care reform? It sounds like something he would do as a maverick. Not to mention he could take wind out of Democratic sails in 2008.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2021, 10:28:33 PM »

The Democrats will probably throw protections for pre-existing conditions and ending lifetime maximums into the final bill.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2022, 01:19:43 AM »

McCain's not-terrible Katrina response might save Blanco, ironically.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2022, 09:05:47 PM »

I suspect Hillary will narrowly win in 2008 but lose to Romney in 2012.
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2022, 03:20:04 AM »

Is America seen better in the rest of the world ITTL?
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2022, 03:42:13 PM »

Is Giuliani the Governor of New York?
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2022, 12:24:33 AM »

Did McCain's not-terrible management of the WOT mean the budget is not ruined for decades?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies