The Presidency of America's Maverick (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:51:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Presidency of America's Maverick (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who Will win the 2008 Election
George W Bush

Hillary Clinton

Will be a 269-269 Tie

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: The Presidency of America's Maverick  (Read 63125 times)
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« on: July 15, 2020, 05:55:28 PM »

Honestly if the ticket was McCain/Ridge v Gore/Gephardt, I would probably vote McCain
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 11:02:52 AM »

Honestly if the ticket was McCain/Ridge v Gore/Gephardt, I would probably vote McCain

Wasn’t Bob Graham even more conservative than Gephardt so why would you dislike a Gore/Gephardt ticket more than an Gore/Graham one

Just was never a fan of Gephardt
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 11:43:44 AM »

Your last timeline was 12 years.  I hope this one goes for 16
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 10:08:47 AM »

It would be nice to see an OSR timeline where the Republican president does not overwhelmingly re-elected.

I appreciate McCain will get re-elected and I'll even say that's a good thing but let's maybe not have a washout like you had with Goldwater or Romney being re-elected
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 05:16:09 AM »

I don't want Uncle Joe to get the nomination because he'd lose to John McCain.

Biden or Gore in 2008! Ideally as a ticket.

On the other hand it won’t be a curb stomp victory so it will be different to OSR’s last two timelines. As they say; variety is the spice of life

Really loving this timeline. I hope you stay with it till 2016 and hopefully have a two-term Democrat as well
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2021, 04:06:20 AM »

Biden's Potential Vice Presidential Picks:

Schnider: Now lets go over some potential Vice Presidential Picks that people close to the Biden campaign has floated. Just to let people know, Senator Feingold has ruled himself out as a potential Vice Presidential Pick so that is why he wont be on this list.

The Favorites:

Howard Dean:

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Dean

Don Siegleman:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Siegelman

Jay Rockefeller:

Tom Harkin:

Brian Schweitzer:

Barbara Boxer:

The Wildcards:

Mark Dayton:

Sherrod Brown:

John Kitzhaber:

Jennifer Granholm:

Source : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Granholm

Schnider: As you can see all of these candidates hail from the liberal or populist wing of the party which is no surprise given Biden pledged to name a running mate from Feingold's wing of the party back in April

Biden-Rockefeller would be the ultimate dream!

I know they will lose this election because McCain is basically unassailable but at least they would not get wiped out.

Love this timeline keep it going and please go on to at least 2016
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 03:58:09 AM »

Breaking News: Biden picks long time senator Jay Rockefeller as his running mate

Source : https://youtu.be/necfW5Dj5UQ

Shaw: We have some breaking news to report and that is Senator Biden has selected Senator Jay Rockefeller to be his running mate for the November election and now lets go over to Charleston, West Virginia to hear the announcement.

Biden: Thank You,  Thank You. One of the most important decisions, if not the most important decision a presidential candidate has to make is to pick a running mate as if they win that person will become the Vice President of our nation for the next 4 to 8 years. They must be someone the President can trust to be their main governing partner and advisor for that time, someone who has the experience to take on important responsibilities as well. I know better person who can do that more than my friend, your senator and our next Vice President Jay Rockefeller(Applause).

Rockefeller: Thank You , Thank You. I want to start out by thanking Senator Biden for giving me the honor of being his running mate and look forward to working with him to ensure my friend Joe Biden will become our next president(Applause) . Senator Biden has been one of the most decent hard working person I have known and I know he will work hard every day to make sure the soul of our nation , the great working class of our country gets even stronger(Applause). He understand those are the people who built our nation and it is time we once again implement policies that help the working people of this nation . That is why he must be elected our next president and I look forward to helping him achieve that goal . Thank you may god bless you and may god bless America

Good pick. I know they won’t win because it’s an OSR timeline but neither does it look like they will be wiped out
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2021, 07:36:20 AM »

Hopefully there will be a victorious Al Gore/Barack Obama 2008 Democratic ticket.

Really…nah the Dems can do a lot better

However, I would like to see OSR continue this timeline to 2016 ideally with a two-term Democrat President
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2021, 05:26:09 PM »

Hopefully there will be a victorious Al Gore/Barack Obama 2008 Democratic ticket.

Really…nah the Dems can do a lot better

However, I would like to see OSR continue this timeline to 2016 ideally with a two-term Democrat President

The plan currently is to continue this TL to 2016 and maybe 2020. I’ll probably create a separate thread for it but I do plan to take it to 2016/2020 at the moment .
Cool OSR Smiley
I actually predict that Hillary Clinton will be the Democratic Nominee in 2008 and win the Presidency only to lose in 2012. Obama will stay put in the Senate BUT I'd like to see him creating his own History by maybe becoming the 1st Black Senate Majority Leader. Something like that would be cool.

Oh come on, give me a 2 term Hillary, I want a two-term Hillary, no I NEED a two-term Hillary
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2022, 05:17:46 PM »

I would support Feingold now, especially to stop Trump.

Hillary is not out of the race yet, she will win South Carolina in a blowout
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2022, 02:42:13 AM »

I just hope we get 2 terms of Hillary
Tron1993
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2022, 09:15:34 AM »

OSR,
Question: Which State has the State Delagation, that is tied?

Maine
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies