Tucker Carlson starts presidential campaign by appealing to moderate Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:32:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Tucker Carlson starts presidential campaign by appealing to moderate Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Tucker Carlson starts presidential campaign by appealing to moderate Republicans  (Read 2947 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 08, 2020, 02:06:40 AM »

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 04:45:55 AM »

BDS anti-semites! Marxists! Grand Mufti non-condemners! Sharia advocates! Anti-American 9/11 apologists!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 07:14:13 AM »

Our heritage is under attack.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 07:30:18 AM »

How so?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 07:45:16 AM »

I guess msnbc and cnn don't cover the terrorism outside
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 07:55:38 AM »

Tammy Duckworth is the last person who Tucker Carlson should be attacking. While in the past, I've agreed with some of what he has said, and think that his economic positions are much more populist (and thus, more in line with the majority of Americans) than most other Republicans, I think he's crossed a line here.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 08:20:56 AM »

As a deplorable orange racist with a TV show that pretends to be something other than what it is, he's probably the odds-on favorite for the GOP nomination.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 08:23:13 AM »

He's welcome to criticize her and her comments, but what is does is leap and conflate. So he said she "hates" America. Then played a clip of Omar saying something, and said "Omar and Duckworth want to" do that thing that Omar said (probably out of context).

So yes, criticize, bloviate. But saying a wounded vet "hates America" is, amazingly, harmful and meaningless at the same time.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 08:27:58 AM »

Tammy Duckworth is the last person who Tucker Carlson should be attacking. While in the past, I've agreed with some of what he has said, and think that his economic positions are much more populist (and thus, more in line with the majority of Americans) than most other Republicans, I think he's crossed a line here.

Max Cleland ring a bell?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2020, 08:29:01 AM »

Max Cleland ring a bell?

I'm aware of Cleland, but my comment was directly touching upon Carlson's attacks against Duckworth.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 08:37:26 AM »

Impugning the patriotism of wounded vets when they are Democrats has been an accepted strategy of the GOP for a generation now. Tucker Carlson is treading well-trodden ground here.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 08:43:22 AM »

I don’t think being a war hero makes one an automatic FF who cannot be criticized, but Tammy Duckworth isn’t one of the “bad guys.”
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2020, 08:43:26 AM »

Impugning the patriotism of wounded vets when they are Democrats has been an accepted strategy of the GOP for a generation now. Tucker Carlson is treading well-trodden ground here.

And the idea that it can't work is laughable.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2020, 10:07:40 AM »

What do you mean "our", kemo-sabe?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 10:08:53 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2020, 10:43:36 AM by PQG and Libertarian Republican Pimp Slapped Coronavirus! »

This. While that puffy confused golden retriever looking MF ER kept his military service to yammering about anti-war protesters, Duckworth lost both her legs piloting a Huey helicopter. You want to tell me who fits our American Heritage more?
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 10:16:16 AM »

Heritage is for people with nothing to offer the present desperately trying to cling on to a past that was never theirs.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 10:22:33 AM »

I don’t think being a war hero makes one an automatic FF who cannot be criticized, but Tammy Duckworth isn’t one of the “bad guys.”

The problem isn't that she was criticized. I was not a fan of her comment personally. I would have criticized it myself. But Tucker went far beyond criticism - he questioned Tammy Duckworth's patriotism to her country. That is a very serious charge to make, especially against a combat veteran who lost her legs serving this country.

Tucker's tirade is ignominious. He should apologize because it is the right thing to do.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 10:23:13 AM »

“Our” is now a racist term? I suppose it could sound “exclusionary.” I mean American values. The ones you and I share. America is not based around an identity but rather an ideal. And if you don’t share that ideal, then you simply don’t belong here.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2020, 10:24:00 AM »

Heritage is for people with nothing to offer the present desperately trying to cling on to a past that was never theirs.
More snark is not going to stop us.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2020, 10:25:12 AM »

You're not going anywhere without a time machine, kid.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2020, 10:26:58 AM »

I'm aware of this tradition, but that shouldn't mean that I don't have the right to criticize Carlson for making this remark. There is a difference between legitimate criticism of what someone says, or what policy views they hold, and directly attacking their character.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2020, 10:34:43 AM »

You're not going anywhere without a time machine, kid.
Ugh Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2020, 10:42:40 AM »
« Edited: July 08, 2020, 10:49:25 AM by PQG and Libertarian Republican Pimp Slapped Coronavirus! »

“Our” is now a racist term? I suppose it could sound “exclusionary.” I mean American values. The ones you and I share. America is not based around an identity but rather an ideal. And if you don’t share that ideal, then you simply don’t belong here.

What I mean by "our" is that you are speaking for a very select and Mero sliver of the population distract by the increasing Browning of our population. The rest of us, that is most of us, are fine with this, as it reflects our nation being a proud Melting Pot of cultures, and a stronger better Nation because of it.

There's nothing racist about your use of the term "our". Rather, it was merely at best presumptuous, and more to the point, wholly inaccurate beyond your circle of white nationalist--or let's call a spade a spade, racist and xenophobic-- cohorts.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2020, 10:49:25 AM »

"Our heritage" is such a wonderfully vague term that it could be used to refer to anything from racial makeup (lolz) to some sort of incorporeal idea of America's historic promise. This leads to the above bickering as to what the phrase even means.

Also, Sanchez, please don't deport me just because I'm a communitarian.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2020, 11:32:15 AM »

Extra bonus points when the attacker is a soft-handed trust fund baby, as they so often are.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies