Bauer Shoots Himself in the Leadfoot
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:54:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bauer Shoots Himself in the Leadfoot
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bauer Shoots Himself in the Leadfoot  (Read 1375 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2006, 12:59:44 AM »

Our boy Lt. Governor has managed to do it again.  ( link )

The Bad
This time he's managed to use his position to convince troopers twice in the past three months to let him go after they pulled him over for speeding, once for driving over 100mph.

The Worse
When rumor about it began floating around, he flat out lied to a reporter and said he had no idea what people were talking about.

The Worst
Both chases were caught on dashboard cameras in the troopers' cars and the videos and radio tapes got released Tuesday in response to a FOIA request.

Booyah!  The only thing better would have been for this to have come out two months from now, closer to the primary.  I truly hope Bauer loses and loses badly.  Even if the polling were to indicate he was losing 99% to 1% against Campbell and I had to crawl on hands and knees over broken glass from a hospital bed to the polling booth, I would do it.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 04:35:27 PM »

What (else) is so bad about him? What party's he in? What side of him (within that party) is Campbell?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 06:24:06 PM »

I read the topic title on the index and though Bauer had offed himself.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 07:04:19 PM »

me too! Curse headline misreadings. Thats my second of the week. Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 08:58:30 PM »

The citizens of South Carolina can only hope.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 09:44:44 PM »

What (else) is so bad about him? What party's he in? What side of him (within that party) is Campbell?
Bauer is a Republican who has flitted from office to office, rising quickly up the ladder by campaigning on how by using his youth and energy he will get things done, but he has never accomplished anything. That's what is so bad about him. To be honest, it's hard to accomplish much as Lieutenant Governor, but he's managed to accomplish. Neither is far from the center of the SC GOP in his positions, and if positions was what I was basing my vote on here, I'd have to think about it some more, but this is based purely on personality. Bauer has repeatedly shown that he is a self-interested juvenile jackass who should not be trusted with elected office.  He could have used his time as Lieutenet Governor to mature, but he hasn't.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 04:27:16 PM »

How old is he?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 12:16:18 AM »

37 years old.  He spent three years in the House before winning a special election to the Senate, three more years in the Senate, and now a bit over three years as Lieutenant Governor.

The State had an editorial Thursday that urged Bauer to drop out of the election as unfit for office.

We've had another person enter the Republican primary for LG, Henry Jordan, but I won't be voting for him.  He was on the State Board of Education a decade back and got into a bit of controversy.  He asked about letting schools post the Ten Commandments voluntarily. When told other religious groups, such as Buddhists, might object, he said, “Screw the Buddhists and kill the Muslims.”  He says he learned from that controversy, but I'm not willing to take the risk.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies