PA - Trafalgar Group: Biden +5% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:13:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  PA - Trafalgar Group: Biden +5% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA - Trafalgar Group: Biden +5%  (Read 1742 times)
Use Your Illusion

« on: July 06, 2020, 03:46:23 PM »

As probably the only poll I actually trust (say what you want but Trafalgar tends to get it right lately) I gotta say that doesn't bode well for Trump but it is very, very early... But truth be told he doesn't need PA. If he holds OH, WI, FL and AZ he's getting 270 exactly and can still lose MI all day.

At this point, it's still Trump's election to lose. Opponents of the incumbent always oversaturate polls all election cycle
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 04:14:24 PM »

As probably the only poll I actually trust (say what you want but Trafalgar tends to get it right lately) I gotta say that doesn't bode well for Trump but it is very, very early... But truth be told he doesn't need PA. If he holds OH, WI, FL and AZ he's getting 270 exactly and can still lose MI all day.

At this point, it's still Trump's election to lose. Opponents of the incumbent always oversaturate polls all election cycle

"it's still Trump's election to lose" doesn't jive with just about anything that we're seeing this entire cycle

The moral of the story is Democrats DO NOT get out and vote at the level of polling they respond to. I watched Gillum/Nelson lead by +5 all summer in FL and still lose the governorship and senatorship. All Trump had to do was lift a finger and say "Vote for DeSantis/Scott" and you'd swear it was like ants in a colony.

COVID-19 is not going to stop people from voting for Trump. His support amongst his base has not wavered. We still have to hope Biden voters will actually show.
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 04:26:53 PM »

If Trump has to rely on AZ to put him over the top he’s even more screwed than I thought.

You could say the same thing about WI. The polls don't look good but again, it's July. I don't think it's insane that he rebounds and could pull off wins in either state by like 9,000 votes each if life returns to normal. AZ has been ruby red for decades and unless this is beginning of a permanent flip to the blue column, I think it's gonna stay red for a little while longer. After a decade of whataboutism talking about how "This time it's for real! Dems are gonna do awesome in NC, GA, TX lOoK aT tHe TrEnDs!" and it never happens, I'm ready to believe it when I see it. The trends are there for AZ in terms of Dems getting hundreds of thousands of more votes since 2008 and Trump and Romney barely performing better than McCain. But I think it's just more likely that they dislike Martha McSally and would still vote for Trump over Biden

As someone who is not voting for Trump, trust me I'd like to be wrong here. But I refuse to underestimate the powers of incumbency and Trump turnout
Use Your Illusion

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 04:31:38 PM »

And to my previous "whataboutism" and "believe it when I see it" remark, it's not without reason. Abrams was an AA running in a heavily AA state in GA. Her turnout was great but not enough to win. I'd call it isolated. Beto challenged Cruz to within an inch of his life but that's because TX does not like Cruz -notice how governor Abbot absolutely CRUSHED his numbers. Another isolated incident. Andrew Gillum came closer than any Democrat to winning FL governorship in years. I'd call it isolated too because he was an AA who got out the vote like Abrams did.

I do not trust polls. The one thing we agree on most is about AZ. The trends have been backing up Dems for 12 years now and the dam might just break this time. But if Trump pulled off a win there and WI I wouldn't be left scratching my head like "Oh my God HE DID IT!" PA is Trump's FL to Biden: both men ought to try to win but not bank on doing so. Trump has a better path to victory via FL than PA and with Biden it holds true in that he has a better path to victory in PA than FL
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies