HB 24-22: Covering For Our Citizens Act (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:39:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 24-22: Covering For Our Citizens Act (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 24-22: Covering For Our Citizens Act (Debating)  (Read 1762 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« on: August 25, 2020, 05:49:20 PM »

Mr. Speaker, I don’t mean to be rude, but it’s been several weeks since you promised to answer questions about the bill “by the end of the week.” What’s up?

Unfortunately, the sponsor still hasn't responded to his colleagues' questions about the legislation. While I'd love to reconsider this in the next Congress, I move to table the bill so we can clear our queue ahead of the upcoming session. Looking for a second.

I will second the motion to table.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 07:23:05 PM »

Let's not get ourselves into a legal mess here. I'm going to use my powers as presiding officer to suspend the rules and extend the vote by 24 hours so we can try and get a majority of people voting.
A good common sense move, Mr. Deputy Speaker.

Mr. Deputy Speaker, I did not receive a notification about a final vote. Is there a Standard Operating Procedure Federally to notify Representatives when a final vote is on? I am not inferring that you have been lax in your duties, Mr. Deputy Speaker. I am just curious as to what the convention is. The Southern Chamber gets maligned as inactive and during my time as Speaker (& deputy), I tried to ensure that delegates were notified when final votes were on with a DM as it was the only way to get most of my colleagues in the chamber to actually vote. I know that can be time consuming.

Also I think a contributing factor to the low turn out for the vote is also that the title on the board still has "(Debating)" rather than "(Final Vote)". I understand is beyond your control to change as thumb21 was the original poster in the thread for this bill. So once again this is a good common sense move to extend the vote.

Now regarding the actual vote at hand.

NAY
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies