2020 Venezuelan Parliamentary electoral type event (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:44:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2020 Venezuelan Parliamentary electoral type event (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Venezuelan Parliamentary electoral type event  (Read 5256 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« on: August 25, 2020, 03:50:02 PM »

What is the opposition up to these days anyway? Establishment media in the United States hasn’t given any information on Venezuela for some time now. Are they united at least in boycotting the election?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 02:43:47 PM »

Well you got to hand it to the Chavistas for knowing how to read the room so as to divide the opposition

What exactly is the various parties opinions on social issues anyway?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 02:05:08 PM »

From the outside looking in, it feels like this is one ever expanding circus that PSUV barely has a lid on. From all the leadership changes to the parties shifting back and forth from boycotting and participation. No doubt they’re going to rig it enough to win, but it feels as if they are heading towards loss no matter what.

IDK, if any of y’all disagree that know more I urge you to correct me.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 01:09:34 PM »

I’m actually interested to see what strategy the APP actually has in affecting PSUV. Electoralism, especially with such few seats of power and influence as they have, seems like a dead end. They can’t rely on its close fraternal parties in Latin America caring given the circumstances and chance for another Brazil or Ecuador. More importantly, Cuba cannot abandon Venezuela given the geopolitical needs of both countries, and even the likes of PCV’s own survival considering they are target #2 after the Chavista leadership.

Unless PCV and friends have deep penetration in the major trade unions I’m not aware about, or that the militias against Maduro start threatening them very carefully for a seat on the table, I doubt anything really happens.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies