OK Medicaid Expansion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:45:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OK Medicaid Expansion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OK Medicaid Expansion  (Read 2162 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 06, 2020, 01:30:22 AM »

I think what this shows is that there’s a perceived problem with the Democratic Party. Democratic Party policies are often popular on their own (see the numerous Medicaid referendums), but the party’s candidates aren’t. I’d assume that this comes from a lot of socially conservative and economically liberal voters who value social conservatism over economic liberalism.

FWIW I think there's a whole host of Conservative ballot measures that could pass; I know it was quite different back then but California was willing to elect democratic senators & strong majorities while passing ballot measures that were quite conservative

How long ago was this? During Schwarzenegger's first term he Champion a lot of conservative ballot measures that all got massacred in the polls. He quickly backed off trying to be a partisan and became mr. Rockefeller Republican at work. I don't recall any such attempts since then.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies