MO (Garin-Hart-Yang): Biden+2 (Galloway Internal) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:15:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  MO (Garin-Hart-Yang): Biden+2 (Galloway Internal) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO (Garin-Hart-Yang): Biden+2 (Galloway Internal)  (Read 6703 times)
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« on: June 30, 2020, 04:28:52 PM »

MO is almost certainly not competitive, but the fact that you can even get a poll like this shows just what a gigantic landslide 2008 would have been if a "generic D" like Biden would have been nominated then. The country is too polarized now though.

Interesting, I think Obama did very well, the big difference is McCain was an acceptable candidate for most Republicans. Bush running for a third term would have done worse, as Trump looks to do badly.

Obama did well, but I recall a study suggesting a generic (read: white) Democrat "should" have done even better given all the factors going against the GOP that year. I'm pretty sure Clinton or Edwards definitely would have won Missouri, at least.

Eh, Obama definitely energized many people to vote and it’s hard to see anyone else doing much better than him. But there’s no way to really know. I don’t think Clinton would’ve won MO though; she did pretty horrendously there in 2016 even taking trends and everything into account.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies