MO (Garin-Hart-Yang): Biden+2 (Galloway Internal) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:39:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  MO (Garin-Hart-Yang): Biden+2 (Galloway Internal) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MO (Garin-Hart-Yang): Biden+2 (Galloway Internal)  (Read 6719 times)
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« on: June 30, 2020, 08:01:42 AM »

lol no
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 03:10:01 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2020, 03:44:00 PM by EastOfEden »

Like others have said, even if you adjust for the fact that this is an internal and give however many points to Trump, it'll still be a drop off from his 19 point win in 2016.

Missouri's going to swing left in a big way from 2016. Almost certainly not enough to flip, but a smaller margin of victory than Romney 2012 is looking increasingly likely.

I mean, McCaskill lost by 5 in 2018. Biden is a much better candidate and fit for the state. I'm not saying it's likely, but it's not hard to imagine a situation where it happens.

And Kanter lost by 2 in 2016 even as Trump cleaned up. Perhaps Missouri is more elastic than people thought? Maybe a guy like Biden has a significantly better shot than either Hillary or Obama 2012? Especially if he really is winning nationwide as much as the polls suggest.

There's some elasticity here. It's not Florida. Not yet, at least. It's mostly concentrated in the Leadbelt areas south of St. Louis that Obama won in 2008 and the Kansas City suburbs. I imagine 2016 is the most Republican the state will ever be, as it falls into the gap between the rural shift and the suburban shift.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 08:31:09 PM »

Why is this a crazy poll? Obama lost Missouri by a hair in 2008 while losing non-college whites 60/40. That's about how well Biden has been doing with non-college whites in a few recent national polls I've seen.

There's your problem. You need Missouri polls of non-college whites, not national polls. Missouri non-college whites are very populist, borderline West Virginian at this point.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 02:57:53 PM »

It's fine, this state has proven that it doesn't deserve Galloway.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies