Traveling for France + more tips (when coronavirus rolls over?) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:19:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Traveling for France + more tips (when coronavirus rolls over?) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Traveling for France + more tips (when coronavirus rolls over?)  (Read 424 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 29, 2020, 09:59:21 AM »

I plan on visiting France solo and possibly other countries (aiming for Spring 2021). I would like general advice/tips for people who have been to France.

I wouldn't plan visiting any place in the EU until we get coronavirus under control here. Doubtful it'll be as soon as Spring.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 03:10:50 AM »

Quote from: Del Tachi
Pssh, what is the point of going to France (or Europe, even!) if you don't go to Paris!?

Well I went to France and bits of western Europe before for a work-related trip, time and opportunity cost you know? I could always go again with people who haven't been their either but I've also heard a lot of less than stellar things about Paris, both from French people (likely non-Parisians) and tourists: dirty, smelly, not-tourist friendly, crime, overrated, Paris syndrome, etc.
Paris can be those things, but it's also extraordinary. You just have to know where to go and keep realistic expectations. There is no city that can act as a substitute. It isn't everyone's favorite place in the world (although almost everyone can have a good experience) but it's like NYC--if you're visiting the USA you wouldn't pass up a chance to visit New York for Albuquerque.
I live in the USA, and I'd pass up a chance to visit New York for Albuquerque. However, I'll grant that it has certain attractions, but for me the detractions and inconveniences outweigh them. If I ever do visit NYC, it would be specifically to visit there and not as part of a broader tour of the Northeast. Similarly, if I felt the inclination to go there, I'd make a visit to Paris, and a visit to France into two separate visits.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies