The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:34:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168523 times)
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« on: July 15, 2021, 05:18:04 AM »

can't believe twitter would openly cancel a hispanic person of color like that smh
"Fuentes" is a Portuguese name, not a Spanish one, so it's not Hispanic. And Portugal is a country in Europe.
Ignorant, sure, but is it so offensively ignorant as to belong here?

That ignorance regarding Spanish and the 'Hispanics' must be common in the USA, but anyway it's utterly offensive. On the other hand, "Fuentes" is also a Spanish name and it's relatively common
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 03:20:07 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2021, 03:24:25 PM by Velasco »

And second of all, there is nothing wrong with the CIA’s past record in Cuba. It would have been for the best had they succeeded in killing Castro and overthrowing his regime.

Wait a second...so Russia unleashing Twitter trolls to spread pro-Trump memes was one step below an act of war, but the CIA supporting coups across Latin America - many of which toppled lawful and democratic governments - is nothing wrong?

Huh

The CIA is merely a tool of US foreign policy. Immediately opposing a movement because it has CIA backing is absurd. The CIA funded Radio Free Europe and Solidarity in Poland.

And the FSB -or whatever it's called now the successor of the KGB- is a tool of Russia's foreign policy.  When someone argues there's nothing wrong with political assasination, either that person is immoral or we are dealing with Vladimir Putin. Platitudes and double standards: two in one
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 12:57:26 AM »

Jesus Christ, that guy seems to ignore the existence of white supremacists in his country. They are crazy, yeah

For the love of god, how can you possibly say that someone who said this is a "fantastic guy"?

China can be predominantly Chinese and Nigeria can be predominantly Nigerian, why can't the U.S. - which was built up by Europeans - be predominantly European?

Like I said he has a very European view on that issue and his view would not be like that if he was American .

Also even if you think those views make him crazy, tell me do you not have a single friend or family member whose views you wouldnt consider crazy. If you dont then you are the one who is living in a bubble
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 01:26:23 AM »

Jesus Christ, that guy seems to ignore the existence of white supremacists in his country. They are crazy, yeah

For the love of god, how can you possibly say that someone who said this is a "fantastic guy"?

China can be predominantly Chinese and Nigeria can be predominantly Nigerian, why can't the U.S. - which was built up by Europeans - be predominantly European?

Like I said he has a very European view on that issue and his view would not be like that if he was American .

Also even if you think those views make him crazy, tell me do you not have a single friend or family member whose views you wouldnt consider crazy. If you dont then you are the one who is living in a bubble

No I was clear talking in the context of DavidB there

DavidB is indeed European, but his brand of white nationalism has equivalents on the other side of the Atlantic. There is no American exceptionalism and context does not justify moral relativism.

If DavidB was American,  he could have been a Trump supporter who stands for a White America.  No big difference with the European guy, actually
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 02:16:10 AM »

No I was clear talking in the context of DavidB there

DavidB is indeed European, but his brand of white nationalism has equivalents on the other side of the Atlantic. There is no American exceptionalism and context does not justify moral relativism.

If DavidB was American,  he could have been a Trump supporter who stands for a White America.  No big difference with the European guy, actually

DavidB is not a white nationalist , its just his concept on what makes a nation a nation is different due to being European

Let me tell you that Europeans are mostly white. US supremacists and European far-right radicals share a common belief a white and christian civilization besieged by immigrants and minorities.

The views of DavidB on nation and ethnicity are not shared by all Europeans. I think that theory of the Great Replacement is very popular among certain people in the right like DavidB himself,  not by the European mainstream. For sure US supremacists believe in the Great Replacement. In the end, his brand of nationalism aims to preserve the "European Civilization" on both sides of the Atlantic. I won't delve into the personal contradictions of that poster here, just point that it's ignorant to ignore the transatlantic connections existing between far-right radicals
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2022, 04:11:30 AM »

[
DavidB has been a good Atlas buddy of mine since 2015 and I can tell you he isnt what you think he is.

Keep in mind polls have shown European Conservatives generally are to the right of American conservatives on immigration

See, I haven't met any member of this forum personally. In an Internet place like this, we only know each other through our posts. It seems to me being an Atlas buddy is not comparable to meet someone IRL and anyway that's a poor argument. I know the views of DavidB though occasional interactions and hundreds of posts

On the other hand, I don't dispute the average European can be conservative on immigration. But DavidB is further to the right of mainstream European conservatives, while Donald Trump was a conservative US president notorious for his sentence about a wall to be built across the Mexican border. I mean, what are you talking about?

Regarding the Great Replacement theory and the transatlantic connection

https://france24.com/en/europe/20211108-how-the-french-great-replacement-theory-conquered-the-far-right

Contentious Fox News host Tucker Carlson often refers to it live on air. It propelled a white nationalist to commit the 2019 terrorist attacks on two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, killing 51 people. Now it’s resurfacing in its country of origin, where far-right pundit Eric Zemmour is propagating the theory on TV and social media. But what is the "great replacement" theory and how did it originate? 

Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2022, 06:59:42 AM »

Let me tell you that Europeans are mostly white. US supremacists and European far-right radicals share a common belief a white and christian civilization besieged by immigrants and minorities.

The views of DavidB on nation and ethnicity are not shared by all Europeans. I think that theory of the Great Replacement is very popular among certain people in the right like DavidB himself,  not by the European mainstream. For sure US supremacists believe in the Great Replacement. In the end, his brand of nationalism aims to preserve the "European Civilization" on both sides of the Atlantic. I won't delve into the personal contradictions of that poster here, just point that it's ignorant to ignore the transatlantic connections existing between far-right radicals

Is this coming from a fantasy in your mind?

DavidB is one of the smartest posters here.

Did I say he is not smart?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies