The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 02:47:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 173430 times)
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: October 16, 2020, 07:13:13 PM »

dude even icespear was not this unironic about the WV stuff
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #376 on: October 16, 2020, 08:16:43 PM »

This still doesn't explain why flyover country WWC people deserve a tax cut.

I mean of course, I would support my own interests. Quite frankly, I also never get this sympathy for these rural racists in Appalachia, I never understood why we must pander to them? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think I am.

So we should be subsidizing WV racists?Huh?

We get it, you hate white people and you hate poor people.

I mean honestly WV is just full of rural, racist hicks who can't tolerate Democrats because Democrats want to do something about climate change and don't play white resentment politics. The old Dixiecrats couldn't bear to see their beloved party actually decide to support minorities. Also let's be honest, if WV voted Democrat, Republicans would say the exact same thing about how awful it is.

If you want to stop subsidizing poor, stupid racists, then stop supporting the party that wants to give them free healthcare, social security, UBI, and welfare.

I see you've returned to your precious Republicans, before the election is even over.

Huh You're the one with the blue avatar.

The avatar's a meme look at the username

Your whole persona on this site is a meme at this point so that tells me nothing.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #377 on: October 16, 2020, 08:18:12 PM »

I mean of course, I would support my own interests. Quite frankly, I also never get this sympathy for these rural racists in Appalachia, I never understood why we must pander to them? Maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't think I am.

I mean honestly WV is just full of rural, racist hicks who can't tolerate Democrats because Democrats want to do something about climate change and don't play white resentment politics. The old Dixiecrats couldn't bear to see their beloved party actually decide to support minorities. Also let's be honest, if WV voted Democrat, Republicans would say the exact same thing about how awful it is.

If you want to stop subsidizing poor, stupid racists, then stop supporting the party that wants to give them free healthcare, social security, UBI, and welfare.

I see you've returned to your precious Republicans, before the election is even over.

Your whole persona on this site is a meme at this point so that tells me nothing.

And posts like this are why you're on my ignore list
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #378 on: October 16, 2020, 08:19:47 PM »

IceSpear understood what a lot of people don't and that's that there isn't this secret group of left wing populists in Appalachia, it's full of racists, who'd want nothing more than minorities, like me, to fail in life. Forgive me, if I don't exactly hold favorable views of them.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #379 on: October 16, 2020, 08:34:57 PM »

Why do you put people on your ignore list if you still read every single post they write?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #380 on: October 16, 2020, 08:36:59 PM »

Why do you put people on your ignore list if you still read every single post they write?

Because I get alerts
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #381 on: October 16, 2020, 09:14:38 PM »

If you disable that feature (and use the enhanced ignore features Virginia has so graciously added to this website) then maybe this thread would not devolve into whatever this is?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #382 on: October 16, 2020, 10:12:24 PM »

IceSpear understood what a lot of people don't and that's that there isn't this secret group of left wing populists in Appalachia, it's full of racists, who'd want nothing more than minorities, like me, to fail in life. Forgive me, if I don't exactly hold favorable views of them.

It sounds like you are turning your hostile obsession with them into thinking they have a hostile obsession with you.

Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #383 on: October 16, 2020, 10:29:49 PM »

I never went for the "all people in WV are racist hicks" meme, and for obvious reasons I think that making fun of white people in poverty is no more justified than making fun of black people in poverty, but it does bug me thinking about all those counties that swung McCain, some of which voted for Kerry.

Yes, the deaths of ancestral Dems have something to do with it, but some of these states and counties swung so Republican that I struggle to come up with a better explanation for it, especially since Hillary Clinton was leading McCain in polls, often by heavy margins, in West Virginia and Arkansas.

The policy differences between Obama and Clinton were so minimal that it's almost inconceivable that these areas would be so willing to vote for Clinton over McCain but not Obama.

And no, obviously the racial animus in Appalachia doesn't erase the more subtle racism often found up North, but I can't for the life of me explain swings so heavy without factoring in race - especially since multiple studies confirmed that the major factors for Obama-Trump voters were conservative attitudes on race and immigration.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #384 on: October 16, 2020, 10:31:39 PM »

I never went for the "all people in WV are racist hicks" meme, and for obvious reasons I think that making fun of white people in poverty is no more justified than making fun of black people in poverty, but it does bug me thinking about all those counties that swung McCain, some of which voted for Kerry.

Yes, the deaths of ancestral Dems have something to do with it, but some of these states and counties swung so Republican that I struggle to come up with a better explanation for it, especially since Hillary Clinton was leading McCain in polls, often by heavy margins, in West Virginia and Arkansas.

The policy differences between Obama and Clinton were so minimal that it's almost inconceivable that these areas would be so willing to vote for Clinton over McCain but not Obama.

And no, obviously the racial animus in Appalachia doesn't erase the more subtle racism often found up North, but I can't for the life of me explain swings so heavy without factoring in race - especially since multiple studies confirmed that the major factors for Obama-Trump voters were conservative attitudes on race and immigration.

As of 2016, approximately 26% of the state *might* not be racist.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #385 on: October 17, 2020, 12:29:40 AM »

There's not a single state in the country with a racist majority, anyone who says otherwise is a partisan hack.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #386 on: October 17, 2020, 12:35:14 AM »

There's not a single state in the country with a racist majority, anyone who says otherwise is a partisan hack.
without, you mean.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #387 on: October 17, 2020, 12:57:16 AM »

without, you mean.

... and that's a good thing.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #388 on: October 17, 2020, 01:30:36 AM »

I honestly will never understand the absolute visceral hatred some Democrats have for WV, not even the state, but the people who live their. Sure, I understand not liking the way they vote, I’m certainly not a fan of it and I don’t think Democrats can really win over their votes anymore (and frankly should focus on more friendly areas, i.e suburbs) but the contempt for people and voters is pretty over the top.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #389 on: October 17, 2020, 02:53:53 AM »

As of 2016, approximately 26% of the state *might* not be racist.

Even by your (ridiculous) logic, it's actually 73%.

100% - (489,000 / 1,800,000) = 73%
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: October 17, 2020, 05:23:01 AM »

In other news.

Absolutely yes, and it's not even remotely debatable. They have repeatedly attacked our elections (and continue to do so), placed bounties on the heads of our soldiers and there is evidence that they have murdered with impunity on our soil.

Saudi Arabia and North Korea should be included in the travel ban as well. Not a single one of the 60,000+ Saudi students who attend college in the U.S. every year should be allowed back in until the man who ordered the murder of Jamal Khashoggi is brought to justice. If the pampered princling doesn't want to take responsibility for himself, then there should no longer be a relationship between our countries that so disproportionately benefits the Saudis at our expense.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #391 on: October 17, 2020, 07:53:48 AM »

Honestly in any sane political alignment Suburban would be a member of the main right wing party, slashing taxes and cutting welfare for the "poor uneducated racists".

And those WV poor people would be voting for the main left wing party but that's besides the point
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #392 on: October 17, 2020, 01:41:12 PM »

Lmao , West Virginia literally voted for George Wallace at less numbers than the country did as a whole, oh and less than Fairfax county did.

As for the Southern Strategy , West Virginia literally swung Democratic from 1960-1988 while the rest of the South swung massively Republican in that same time period. Also in 1994 again when the South went heavily towards the GOP , Appalchia still voted for the Democrats. Douglas Wilder won many Appalchinan counties in 1989 so again what your saying is false.

They have swung Republican for two major reasons and that is Coal and Guns and the Democrats becoming more and more against those two things made them go more and more republican over the years.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #393 on: October 17, 2020, 03:33:25 PM »

S019 has demonstrated multiple times in the past that he has a tenuous grasp of the history of West Virginia, most notably his claim that it's "more southern" than Virginia because it's "less diverse," even though the South is "diverse" due in no small part to the importation of slave labor.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #394 on: October 17, 2020, 05:08:04 PM »

S019 has demonstrated multiple times in the past that he has a tenuous grasp of the history of West Virginia, most notably his claim that it's "more southern" than Virginia because it's "less diverse," even though the South is "diverse" due in no small part to the importation of slave labor.

This is only party true, but places like NoVA recently diversified, as did places like Henrico and Chesterfield near Richmond. The diversity there cannot simply be explained by slavery. A significant amount of it is people moving in (especially since there are minorities other than African Americans in these places, for instance NoVA has a sizable Hispanic minority)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #395 on: October 17, 2020, 05:14:19 PM »

Lmao , West Virginia literally voted for George Wallace at less numbers than the country did as a whole, oh and less than Fairfax county did.

As for the Southern Strategy , West Virginia literally swung Democratic from 1960-1988 while the rest of the South swung massively Republican in that same time period. Also in 1994 again when the South went heavily towards the GOP , Appalchia still voted for the Democrats. Douglas Wilder won many Appalchinan counties in 1989 so again what your saying is false.

They have swung Republican for two major reasons and that is Coal and Guns and the Democrats becoming more and more against those two things made them go more and more republican over the years.

If race has no part in it then explain why Obama did so much worse than Kerry despite improving literally everywhere except Appalachia.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #396 on: October 17, 2020, 05:36:41 PM »

If race has no part in it then explain why Obama did so much worse than Kerry despite improving literally everywhere except Appalachia.

I didnt say it had no part, I said its not the major reason why and he didnt do much worse than Kerry, he just did 0.24 points worse. Obama during the 2008 cycle had said many things like bitterly cling on the guns which is very unpopular there as West Virginia is very pro guns and pro coal and the trend what took place in 2008 was almost identical to the trend that took place in 2000.

Again George Wallace performing better nationally Nationally and in places like Fairfax county than West Virginia show it is not a Dixiecrat state . Also West Virginia literally swung left from 1960 to 1988 while the rest of the south swung right.

West Virginia's voting patterns are not like the south at all, its just a state that is very pro gun and very pro coal and those becoming wedge issues in the 90s and 00s is why the state swung so much to the Republicans
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: October 17, 2020, 05:39:17 PM »

Can we please stop this two-page long derailment about the nature of West Virginia politics? It's getting pretty tiresome.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #398 on: October 17, 2020, 08:17:25 PM »

Can we please stop this two-page long derailment about the nature of West Virginia politics? It's getting pretty tiresome.

So long as S019 continues to post in this thread, it's still on topic.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #399 on: October 17, 2020, 11:40:32 PM »

In other news.

Absolutely yes, and it's not even remotely debatable. They have repeatedly attacked our elections (and continue to do so), placed bounties on the heads of our soldiers and there is evidence that they have murdered with impunity on our soil.

Saudi Arabia and North Korea should be included in the travel ban as well. Not a single one of the 60,000+ Saudi students who attend college in the U.S. every year should be allowed back in until the man who ordered the murder of Jamal Khashoggi is brought to justice. If the pampered princling doesn't want to take responsibility for himself, then there should no longer be a relationship between our countries that so disproportionately benefits the Saudis at our expense.

It's so adorable you thought you were smart for doing this.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies