The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:20:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX (search mode)
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168596 times)
James Monroe

« on: January 30, 2022, 02:30:52 PM »

I believe God regularly responds to requests from the faithful. In fact, I've directly asked for help from God numerous times and got it immediately. The assistance I've received from all-knowing, all-seeing, all-hearing God led me to vote for A in this poll, but if that's too strong of an option or I'm misunderstanding the poll, then I ought to be considered, de facto, a vote for B.

Alright, do you really think the assistance is coming from an all-powerful Deity that remains anonymous behind the curtain wall? You never turn around and think how many people in the world do the same with your beliefs? I'm not going into a cliche about praying before war, how about playing a game of football. If I was the star quarterback for the team and heading into week 12 I'm going to be facing the best team in the NFL.  I ask the lord to help me win the game. When the game comes I get injured during the game in the first quarter. My team does fine absence my position, they come up short of winning the game. Doctors have examined my condition and ruled I'll be out for the season. Explain to me why God didn't grant the will to intervene in the game.
This world is a mere test, and without adversary of some form and some form of being tested, life is incomplete.
Unjust things happen in the world (initiated by Satan and his agents, allies, et cetera), and God is fine with that. How we respond to those unjust things is far more important. If we do what's right in the face of that, we will be rewarded.

This is such an childish view of thinking evil in our world. With the line of thinking you think the Holocaust or other mass atrocities were a work of Satan and his allies? Could you justified this by applying all bad things in our world to fantastical thinking.

Satan (and his legion of allies, minions, and co-conspirators) regularly and persistently pulls people away from good and God. But it should be noted that he only can set up residence where people themselves leave an opening. By himself he's weak and basically almost powerless. It's the dark impulses, amoralness, and misguidedness of humans that leaves room for him to do his shenanigans, and with that in mind, I'd say it's not accurate to say he's directly responsible for most of the evil in the world. Amoral/immoral human enablers are the ones who deal most of the damage. It is human agency and free will that not only allows us to be properly judged but also leaves the room for terrible atrocities to happen.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies