Black people can't be racist
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:33:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Black people can't be racist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Black people can't be racist  (Read 1490 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 20, 2020, 08:32:33 PM »

Racism is about power. Black people cannot be racist. Black people do not have the structural and systemic power to oppress white people. Black people are prejudiced, like every other group, but they are not racist.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 08:33:51 PM »

HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 10:59:24 PM »

My wife is black and she asked if i was on my phone responding to my ""bitches" and I said no I'm reading this post on the atlas that says black ppl can't be racist and she said that is stupid bcuz anybody can be racist if racist

So I guess ur idea isn't true oof
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 11:14:39 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 12:02:52 AM »

Of course they can, all the African Americans athletes do little to progress the African American cause, but African Americans entertainers like Will Smith, Jackee Harry, Red Foxx and Oprah Winfrey and Phylisha Rashad go on TV and talk about African American family issues. Aside from this protest, Lebron James, Curry and Kobe dont do half as much as Magic Johnson or Michael Jordan did
Elgato1978
Rookie
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 07:10:27 AM »

Everyone has the potential of being racist. Does not matter who you are, where you come from  or group one belongs to. While it is an unfortunate truth that there is a systemic and power based aspect of racism that does exist in the USA, but racism is more than this and is not that simple either.Racism starts with ignorance and bias which everyone one Earth is guilty of. It starts with the assumptions of traits, belief that one group is superior to another. The assumption of the rightness of your group or race versus another is just a sociological trait we all must recognize. That is why racism is so insidious because this is a concept we all must fight to overcome. We must always challenge our own assumptions of others, which is as hard as telling someone they are wrong or harder still that you are wrong. This is to challenge the primal brain that tries to assess dangers or traits of others to ensure survival. So to say that black people can’t be racist is to ignore a trait of humanity. To challenge it is to simply try to know each other and to understand who we are is not only limited to what race we belong to.

Escape Pod Zero
trumphacker

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 01:24:29 PM »

That definition is wrong. Racism is prejudice with race involved and that's it.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 03:33:16 PM »

As I stated before, African Americans don't start entrepreneurship like other races that create job opportunities.  Trump has the biggest hotel business. Latinos have Security Guard businesses and Asians have their retail stores. Most African Americans are entertainers and they are out of work, the athletes and are sitting at home
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 04:01:18 PM »

Of course they can, all the African Americans athletes do little to progress the African American cause, but African Americans entertainers like Will Smith, Jackee Harry, Red Foxx and Oprah Winfrey and Phylisha Rashad go on TV and talk about African American family issues. Aside from this protest, Lebron James, Curry and Kobe dont do half as much as Magic Johnson or Michael Jordan did

did you really suggest lebron doesn't do half as much as MJ or MJ?
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 10:20:22 PM »

White people are socially racist while black people are fiscally racist.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 09:33:47 PM »

I hope everyone agrees that if a Black person shouts "I hate you f**king yellow men" at a Chinese American person, the Black person is being racist.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 10:14:49 PM »

I hope everyone agrees that if a Black person shouts "I hate you f**king yellow men" at a Chinese American person, the Black person is being racist.

Black people can be racist towards Chinese in that term, I suppose.

But Black people cannot be racist towards white people, prejudiced, yes, they are prejudiced, but racist no, if you are talking about the power aspect of it
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 02:08:11 AM »

This is an entirely semantic debate that depends on whether one believes that racism is defined as prejudice+power, or just prejudice.

No one believes black people are incapable or prejudice.

No one (hopefully) believes that black people as a group hold power over white people as a group.

T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 03:33:45 AM »

This is an entirely semantic debate that depends on whether one believes that racism is defined as prejudice+power, or just prejudice.
Racism = prejuduce

Systematic racism = prejuduce + power

It isn't f___ing complicated but according to many it is?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2020, 09:55:20 AM »

The only people I ever see trying to define racism as requiring magical privilege power are jerks trying to excuse awful behavior. Seriously, why the hell split hairs about "muh thats not racist its merely prejudiced" when some jerk engages in racial discrimination?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2020, 11:19:52 AM »

But Black people cannot be racist towards white people, prejudiced, yes, they are prejudiced, but racist no, if you are talking about the power aspect of it

No one (hopefully) believes that black people as a group hold power over white people as a group.
Racial prejudice = racism.

If a Black person goes out and kills a group of White people and when asked why that person says "I hate White people". How is that not racist?

Look, I'm a Black man and I understand that we've had to deal with over 400 years of White supremacy and oppression in the Americas and in Africa. However, that doesn't mean that Black people can't be racist against White people. ANYBODY of any ethnicity or race can be racist.

Systematic racism = racism+power. Black people in the Western world cannot be systematically racist against White people. That is true but making the blanket statement that "Black people can't be racist" is false.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2020, 12:04:32 PM »

Racial prejudice = racism.

If a Black person goes out and kills a group of White people and when asked why that person says "I hate White people". How is that not racist?

Look, I'm a Black man and I understand that we've had to deal with over 400 years of White supremacy and oppression in the Americas and in Africa. However, that doesn't mean that Black people can't be racist against White people. ANYBODY of any ethnicity or race can be racist.

Systematic racism = racism+power. Black people in the Western world cannot be systematically racist against White people. That is true but making the blanket statement that "Black people can't be racist" is false.

Black people are prejudiced, a lot of Black people are prejudiced, like Whites and Asians. Everyone is  prejudiced. It's HUMAN nature. This is why there is nothing wrong with separation of the races.

It's human nature.

Collin Ferguson, a Jamaican immigrant to the US, a black man, killed suburban white people in 1993 in Long Island, probably fueled more racial tensions in that suburb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MPoz5DioPE
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 02:54:06 PM »

Black people certainly can be racist. WTF do you think "Black First Land First" is in South Africa?

It seems crazy that a statement like "racism is bad no matter who it's coming from" is a "hot take" with some people
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 03:06:17 PM »

Black people certainly can be racist. WTF do you think "Black First Land First" is in South Africa?

It seems crazy that a statement like "racism is bad no matter who it's coming from" is a "hot take" with some people

Yes, they are an antiwhite, prejudicial group.

It is because of the stupidity of Europeans to colonize SA and create laws in a black continent.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 06:56:52 PM »

Systematic racism = racism+power. Black people in the Western world cannot be systematically racist against White people.

If, hypothetically, the county government in Macon County, Alabama decided to claim all property held by white people (and only white people) as eminent domain, would that not count as an act of black systemic racism? Or must majority demographics be held at some arbitrarily higher level of spatial aggregation in order to count?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 07:03:12 PM »

Yes, they are an antiwhite, prejudicial group.

It is because of the stupidity of Europeans to colonize SA and create laws in a black continent.

bruh "black continent" wtf u know ppl been moving around forever and like, intermarrying and sh**t and all that for ages right? continents don't belong to races. people should be able to move wherever tf they want u know what im sayin.

race isn't real, it was made up by big gov to distract u from them eroding ur rights and taking ur hard earned money.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2020, 07:14:43 PM »

Systematic racism = racism+power. Black people in the Western world cannot be systematically racist against White people.

If, hypothetically, the county government in Macon County, Alabama decided to claim all property held by white people (and only white people) as eminent domain, would that not count as an act of black systemic racism? Or must majority demographics be held at some arbitrarily higher level of spatial aggregation in order to count?

You don't have to point to a hypothetical scenario, actually. Zimbabwe under Mugabe actually did something along those lines.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2020, 07:16:10 PM »

Disagree.  It might be easier for a white person to be racist since the amount of power held by whites in the US is higher, but arguably if a white guy goes into a black-owned and staffed store and is discriminated against, racism is being used against him because the owner and staff have power in this situation.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2020, 07:26:49 PM »

The NY Times and the Washington Post either disagree with the vast majority of people here or have no problem with hiring minorities who send racist tweets.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2020, 07:32:05 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2020, 09:22:58 PM by New Frontier »

Systematic racism means on a wide-scale level not isolated cases or incidents. White people on a wide-scale level don't have to worry about Black people doing something like that because 1) most Black people don't want to do that and 2) White people control most institutions and elective governments in the United States.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies