The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 08:46:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 173360 times)
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2975 on: November 25, 2023, 11:36:18 AM »

I have a number of Canadian Christian friends who are older and the persecution of Christians in Canada is real.  (Canada does not have the sort of Free Speech protections the United States has.)  And I really do believe (or, at a minimum, want to believe) that he is Fidel Castro's bastard son (which is not as preposterous an idea as it sounds, but is, to be sure, unproven).  
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2976 on: November 25, 2023, 04:16:49 PM »

I have a number of Canadian Christian friends who are older and the persecution of Christians in Canada is real.  (Canada does not have the sort of Free Speech protections the United States has.)  And I really do believe (or, at a minimum, want to believe) that he is Fidel Castro's bastard son (which is not as preposterous an idea as it sounds, but is, to be sure, unproven).  

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canadian-pastor-arrested-second-time-protesting-childrens-drag-queen-events-sick-twisted-perversion

If you read this article it will verify that Canada does not have Religious Freedom, not in the sense that America does, nor does it have Free Speech in the sense that America does.

What is "intimidation"?  In this case, it's Public Prayer in a public place; there's no blocking of ingress and egress toward the event.  That's way better than BLM's and Antifa's track record in protests that are celebrated in these pages. 

It's not that Canadian Christians do not endure persecution; it's that you're perfectly OK with it.  And, perhaps. so are those that recommended the above post.  I hear right from the source IRL as to the plight of Canadian Christians.  It's not China, but it's not Freedom, and the Canadian Government (which currently hates Christianity as much as Castro's Cuba does) would like to rewrite the Gospel to its liking if they could.  "Hate Speech" is merely a term used to silence religious preaching and teaching.  No matter.  Those who love God obey His Commands, and he commanded us;  "Go ye, therefore, into all the World and preach this Gospel to every creature."   God Bless those brave Canadian Pastors, and God Bind the corrupt Canadian government from harming them.

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2977 on: November 25, 2023, 04:50:18 PM »

Nope , as there is no reason not to trust our legal process unlike with Canada . Canada embarrassed itself on the world stage due to their history of harboring terrorists by letting so many of them go free (They have done this to terrorists who have launched attacks on our soldiers as well with Omar Khadar)

To be clear, you are saying that you trust the Indian legal process more than the Canadian legal process?

Under Trudeau yeah , under Harper no .

You are a clown for believing this.

What has Trudeau fundamentally changed about the legal process?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2978 on: November 25, 2023, 05:00:00 PM »

If these people are citizens, they need to go to jail.  They need to be removed from public high schools, period.  The "From the River to the Sea!" crowd needs to be shown, forcibly, that "We don't do this here!".

Genuinely insane and very fascist.
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

« Reply #2979 on: November 25, 2023, 05:10:52 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canadian-pastor-arrested-second-time-protesting-childrens-drag-queen-events-sick-twisted-perversion

If you read this article it will verify that Canada does not have Religious Freedom, not in the sense that America does, nor does it have Free Speech in the sense that America does.

What is "intimidation"?  In this case, it's Public Prayer in a public place; there's no blocking of ingress and egress toward the event.  That's way better than BLM's and Antifa's track record in protests that are celebrated in these pages.  

It's not that Canadian Christians do not endure persecution; it's that you're perfectly OK with it.  And, perhaps. so are those that recommended the above post.  I hear right from the source IRL as to the plight of Canadian Christians.  It's not China, but it's not Freedom, and the Canadian Government (which currently hates Christianity as much as Castro's Cuba does) would like to rewrite the Gospel to its liking if they could.  "Hate Speech" is merely a term used to silence religious preaching and teaching.  No matter.  Those who love God obey His Commands, and he commanded us;  "Go ye, therefore, into all the World and preach this Gospel to every creature."   God Bless those brave Canadian Pastors, and God Bind the corrupt Canadian government from harming them.

1. I am not ok with Canadian pastors being arrested solely for protesting against drag shows.

2. He wasn't arrested for protesting  specifically. If you look deeper into the story, he had committed violent crimes before, was in prison for it and violated his bail conditions. That's why he was arrested.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-pastor-derek-reimer-bail-released-breach-criminal-history-1.6787194

3. People in the US have been arrested for doing the same thing. Does it mean the US persecutes Christians? (Note that being arrested doesn't mean you'll be found guilty in court of a crime)

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-arrested-citing-bible-verse-protest-pride-event-video-evidence-sinks-case
https://www.foxnews.com/media/wisconsin-street-preacher-arrested-protesting-drag-event-families-viral-video
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2980 on: November 25, 2023, 05:16:55 PM »

What is "intimidation"?  In this case, it's Public Prayer in a public place; there's no blocking of ingress and egress toward the event.  That's way better than BLM's and Antifa's track record in protests that are celebrated in these pages. 

It's not that Canadian Christians do not endure persecution; it's that you're perfectly OK with it.  And, perhaps. so are those that recommended the above post.  I hear right from the source IRL as to the plight of Canadian Christians.  It's not China, but it's not Freedom, and the Canadian Government (which currently hates Christianity as much as Castro's Cuba does) would like to rewrite the Gospel to its liking if they could.  "Hate Speech" is merely a term used to silence religious preaching and teaching.  No matter.  Those who love God obey His Commands, and he commanded us;  "Go ye, therefore, into all the World and preach this Gospel to every creature."   God Bless those brave Canadian Pastors, and God Bind the corrupt Canadian government from harming them.

1. I am not ok with Canadian pastors being arrested solely for protesting against drag shows.

2. He wasn't arrested for protesting  specifically. If you look deeper into the story, he had committed violent crimes before, was in prison for it and violated his bail conditions. That's why he was arrested.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-pastor-derek-reimer-bail-released-breach-criminal-history-1.6787194

3. People in the US have been arrested for doing the same thing. Does it mean the US persecutes Christians?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-arrested-citing-bible-verse-protest-pride-event-video-evidence-sinks-case
https://www.foxnews.com/media/wisconsin-street-preacher-arrested-protesting-drag-event-families-viral-video

It's not OK that the US does this in some areas.  It is most certainly not OK.

Our Constitution restrains some state and local governments, and even our current Federal Government, from persecuting Christians.  Our 1st Amendment and are concept of Free Speech, Freedom of Assembly, etc. are not the laws of Canada.  Canada does not have the sort of Free Speech rights that the US has.  The people in America who do at least attempt to persecute Christians are still checked, to some degree, by our Constitution.  I would like Canada to become more like the US in this regard.  These people I speak about would rather the US become more like Canada.

I do note that this pastor violated a "bail condition".  In truth, he should not have been arrested in the first place.  I recognize that the principle of the Rule of Law means that Courts have an interest in their orders being obeyed,  so I'll give you that, but he shouldn't have been arrested in the first place.
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

« Reply #2981 on: November 25, 2023, 05:35:34 PM »

2. He wasn't arrested for protesting  specifically. If you look deeper into the story, he had committed violent crimes before, was in prison for it and violated his bail conditions. That's why he was arrested.

3. People in the US have been arrested for doing the same thing. Does it mean the US persecutes Christians?

It's not OK that the US does this in some areas.  It is most certainly not OK.

Our Constitution restrains some state and local governments, and even our current Federal Government, from persecuting Christians.  Our 1st Amendment and are concept of Free Speech, Freedom of Assembly, etc. are not the laws of Canada.  Canada does not have the sort of Free Speech rights that the US has.  The people in America who do at least attempt to persecute Christians are still checked, to some degree, by our Constitution.  I would like Canada to become more like the US in this regard.  These people I speak about would rather the US become more like Canada.

I do note that this pastor violated a "bail condition".  In truth, he should not have been arrested in the first place.  I recognize that the principle of the Rule of Law means that Courts have an interest in their orders being obeyed,  so I'll give you that, but he shouldn't have been arrested in the first place.

You're right about this, but not having First Amendment like protections does not automatically equal persecution. I also support US style free speech, but if that were the global standard, that would mean the whole world is 'persecuted' minus the USA, and it would not be a useful standard to go by in the first place.
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

« Reply #2982 on: November 25, 2023, 06:38:13 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2023, 06:41:52 PM by I hate NIMBYs »

Nope , as there is no reason not to trust our legal process unlike with Canada . Canada embarrassed itself on the world stage due to their history of harboring terrorists by letting so many of them go free (They have done this to terrorists who have launched attacks on our soldiers as well with Omar Khadar)

To be clear, you are saying that you trust the Indian legal process more than the Canadian legal process?

Trudeau has made sentences for a lot of crimes lighter, a decision with which I strongly disagree, but I am not sure this warrants OSR's so-called 'mistrust' for the Canadian judicial system. The US is the country that gave Omar Khadr a lighter sentence and nearly gave him an appeal, Canada just mostly followed what the US wanted, and Sikh terrorists don't always get prosecuted in the US either (eg, Pannun), while he accuses Canada of harbouring terrorists for this. No country has a perfect judicial system.

I would like the federal government to bring back harsher sentences for many crimes though.

I would also advise people who want to talk about Canadian topics to take this to Canada General Discussion. We are flooding this thread with posts irrelevant to the original post, so I'll shut up now.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2983 on: November 25, 2023, 07:17:09 PM »

Harper was way more likely to extradite terrorists and even pushed through a law that would remove citizenship of naturalized citizens convicted of terrorism so they could be deported easier for that purpose .
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2984 on: November 25, 2023, 11:43:31 PM »

Harper was way more likely to extradite terrorists and even pushed through a law that would remove citizenship of naturalized citizens convicted of terrorism so they could be deported easier for that purpose .

Why do you keep calling the people Modi tried to kill "terrorists" as if it is a universally accepted truth?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2985 on: November 26, 2023, 12:14:35 AM »

Holy sh**t.

Because the whole investigation initially was tied up in domestic political concerns, conducted by partisans, in a highly charged environment where the conduct of BLM and Antifa could be considered flat-out investigation.

The role of outside influence on the writing of the autopsy is an issue that needs to be investigated by those not affiliated with Minnesota politics.  The degree to which this knee-on-neck maneuver was actually a standard maneuver that officers were instructed on in defensive tactics is another issue.  The role of the other police officers on scene, two (2) of whom are imprisoned, is another issue.  And the fact that none of these officers could have received a fair trial in that particular political environment is another factor.

I will say that my main concern is for the other officers imprisoned.  They appear to be scapegoated, and in ways people here would be up in arms with if they were not cops, but ordinary criminal defendants, and especially if they were members of a minority group.  They didn't "kill" George Floyd, and a lawful arrest is a different activity than riding along on a robbery that goes bad and there's gunplay.

It's been a long time since I thought about this issue, but this woman's documentary brings up issues that, quite frankly, no one was willing to listen to in 2020, in part because people were scared of BLM and Antifa.  One thing I DO believe is that two (2) of the police officers in prison in this case should not be there.  Another thing I believe is that it is far worse for an innocent party to be punished, or a partially guilty party to be over-charged and over-punished than it is for a guilty person to walk.  That's a principle I've always had.  There's a reason why it's the PROSECUTION on whom the burden of proof falls.  And no one can convince me that the court proceedings in these cases were not free of intimidation by BLM and Antifa.  We would not tolerate that if it were the KKK in the streets for a trial of a black defendant, and it shouldn't have been tolerated here.

So let's have a new investigation.  Throw open the doors and let the light shine in on the entire process.

If George Floyd was not asphyxiated, Derek Chauvin didn't murder anyone.  Those are legal and medical questions, but they need to be examined and answered, and in full view of the public, in the context of an independent investigation, and not the ones in Minneapolis that were driven by politics and intimidation by the worst sort of political thugs in the streets.

People should watch if they considered the entire George Floyd affair a gross "Rush to Judgement" at best and a deliberate manipulation of evidence and events at worst. 

The same people who are taking the "Nothing To See Here!" posture on this would demand that our full attention be given to a radical left wing outlet producing a documentary with mitigating or exculpatory evidence on, say, Leonard Peltier.  And, in truth, I would pay attention to such a documentary as well.  There ARE innocent people in prison for various reasons.  That prosecutors and Attorneys General of a state may be on the Left does not mean that they never abuse their power or rush to judgement. 

Innocence should always be a defense.  This goes for the other officers on scene for George Floyd who were imprisoned, even moreso than for Chauvin.  I have no idea what the outcome of an objective and honest investigation might be.  But there's no reason an investigation shouldn't happen.  Throw open the doors and let the light shine in on this whole matter, every aspect of it.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2986 on: November 26, 2023, 12:20:21 AM »

Why do you keep calling the people Modi tried to kill "terrorists" as if it is a universally accepted truth?

Read up about the Air India bombing in the 1980s and how Canada basically let all the terrorists go and even let the mastermind out of prison at some point .

It is something that absolutely would not have happened here , and shows how much of a joke the Canadian legal system is when it comes to terrorism
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #2987 on: November 26, 2023, 02:51:12 AM »

Read up about the Air India bombing in the 1980s and how Canada basically let all the terrorists go and even let the mastermind out of prison at some point .

It is something that absolutely would not have happened here , and shows how much of a joke the Canadian legal system is when it comes to terrorism

Were the people who Modi ordered dead connected to that bombing?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2988 on: November 26, 2023, 09:33:34 PM »

Blue avatars are getting way to comfortable being openly racist like this.

George Floyd is not a good person and the lib worship of him is absolutely disgusting. The man never contributed anything positive to society in his 46 years of life. Was Chauvin in the wrong too? Yes, but in an ideal world George Floyd wouldn't exist at all and Chauvin wouldn't be a cop.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #2989 on: November 29, 2023, 11:51:59 PM »

Quote from: Henry Kissinger 1973
If they put Jews into gas chambers in the Soviet Union, it is not an American concern.

Objectively correct, what we want out of any Secretary. He went on to say that it was “maybe a humanitarian concern.”

I doubt Kissinger, who risked his own life to save Jewish people with his service in WW2, was anti-Jewish. Plus, he was Jewish himself.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2990 on: December 01, 2023, 11:59:44 AM »

But I am seriously dissapointed with this GOP house majority. Santos is expelled, but Ilhan Omar and Jamal Bowman get to walk the halls of Congress. Meanwhile the contents of Hunter's laptop from hell are yet to be released to the American people, and it doesn't look like we will get a Biden impeachment vote anytime soon. Maybe the two parties are just different sides of the same coin, with exceptions like Trump.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2991 on: December 01, 2023, 01:01:40 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2023, 01:08:08 PM by Herbert Garrison. »

Blue avatars are getting way to comfortable being openly racist like this.

George Floyd is not a good person and the lib worship of him is absolutely disgusting. The man never contributed anything positive to society in his 46 years of life. Was Chauvin in the wrong too? Yes, but in an ideal world George Floyd wouldn't exist at all and Chauvin wouldn't be a cop.
Specifically name the part of that post that was racist. Be specific.

Edit: ok, the context of the “George Floyd wouldn’t exist at all” line is somewhat questionable, but I initially read it as meaning he wasn’t born to get high in gas station parking lots, not some “unwanted pregnancy/cycle of poverty” stereotype.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2992 on: December 01, 2023, 10:46:34 PM »

Damn. The guy who stabbed him was scheduled to be released in 2026. Now he's facing another 20 years.
Goofball McBalls
United States
« Reply #2993 on: December 02, 2023, 09:46:20 PM »

The Constitution of the United States, Article II, Section 8, says,
Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation: —“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Since Donald Trump has proven both through his own actions and words that he cannot take the Presidential Oath of Office in good faith, it is impossible for him to be President of the United States, even if his electors technically win the election. It is unlawful for the Electors to vote for him, and unlawful for Congress to confirm him. By doing so, those officers would themselves be in violation of their own lawful duties. Donald Trump cannot become President, and any attempt to make him so is instead a recognition of the dissolution of the United States.

Anyone who thinks Donald Trump can or should become President again is saying that they reject the Constitution and rule of law, and by extension the very existence of the United States. The question the OP is actually asking is, "Will you submit to Republican tyranny?" to which there can be only one answer.

If speaking of some other, non-actively treasonous and not publicly oath-repudiating, Republican winner  of the Electoral College, I would see an actual win (not one accomplished by questionable chicanery) as legitimate, though obviously terrible for the United States.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #2994 on: December 03, 2023, 12:40:54 AM »

Just build LGBTQ private schools for them and use an education voucher program. Having public schools is the biggest issue right now. Switching to private and using vouches ensures everyone is happy. The queer kids get to learn about trans surgery, and the school board Karen lets her child learn about Christ.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #2995 on: December 03, 2023, 07:03:54 PM »

Yeah, I and other women vastly disagree on the laughable idea that women and trans women have the same ability to rape women.  What women need is penis-free spaces. No one with a penis should ever be forced to change with people who have one. If you feel more comfortable calling it the “penis-havers’” changing room/bathroom/jail vs the mens’, go ahead, but the reason segregated facilities came into existence is because men are stronger than and can rape and impregnate women, not because of nebulous ideas about “gender”. Women have a right to create penis-free spaces without having activists twist the law to prevent it. The risk of me being raped by an actual woman is approximately 0%. My goal is combatting the real problem of men assaulting and raping women, not the imaginary problem of women raping women (or raping men, lol). There’s a reason you never see trans men demanding to be put in men’s prisons.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2996 on: December 04, 2023, 01:36:20 AM »

We are getting dangerously close to Voting less than 300 days if Ds win OH, MT, AZ, and MO and TX as wave insurance that's 52/48S that will be cloture 60 votes but it will have 51 votes like the nominations to end it
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #2997 on: December 04, 2023, 07:03:56 AM »

Yes, BUT WHY IS IT ONE OF THE BIGGEST ISSUES?

It is a cipher for colonialism. Even my WASP a** understands that. It's not even the best one IMO because after all we are arguing who is more evil: a right-wing racist Israeli government or an Islamic extremist organization that was originally created by the CIA and another right-wing racist Israeli government to halt Fatah's progress and stop the spread of socialism in the Arab world #missionaccomplished

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2998 on: December 04, 2023, 05:29:08 PM »

Has this guy ever made a good post?

We shouldn't lose sight that this is awful because they don't endorse the campaign in Gaza.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2999 on: December 04, 2023, 10:26:32 PM »

Yes, BUT WHY IS IT ONE OF THE BIGGEST ISSUES?

It is a cipher for colonialism. Even my WASP a** understands that. It's not even the best one IMO because after all we are arguing who is more evil: a right-wing racist Israeli government or an Islamic extremist organization that was originally created by the CIA and another right-wing racist Israeli government to halt Fatah's progress and stop the spread of socialism in the Arab world #missionaccomplished

That whole post is a deranged mess
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies