The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:49:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 ... 128
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168458 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2675 on: July 14, 2023, 01:51:53 PM »

Posting SnowLabrador posts is like shooting fish in a barrel, but:

FF. He's still way better than Biden - supports universal health care, for one, not that any Dutch politician doesn't. Never forget that even the right-wingers of Europe are mostly to the left of AOC.

I just went here to post this and realized you already did.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2676 on: July 16, 2023, 04:31:08 PM »

Vosem is an example of how just giving some people facts is useless, they will always find a way to find their absolutely ret***ed viewpoint.

Excellent message for Republicans to be running on. Ranting against Medicaid, Medicare and ending rural poverty will absolutely lead to a RED WAVE in 2024!

This, but unironically. It's worked whenever they manage to focus in on this.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2677 on: July 17, 2023, 01:52:15 AM »

Generally speaking, you need to commit at least one genocide in order to gain street cred.
Please elaborate on the genocides Hindus committed; I would love to learn about them.

Hindu nationalists in India are clearly in the early stages of a genocide against Muslims.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2678 on: July 17, 2023, 09:55:14 AM »

Oof. Got a little carried away here.

DeSantis has the potential to achieve Reagan levels of popularity.

Yes, he is anti-intellectual, yes, he is a showboater, but he knows how to make Americans feel good without being as explicitly abrasive as Trump.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #2679 on: July 27, 2023, 11:42:38 AM »

Highlighted absurd part in bold

Trump is far worse than Clinton, and both George W Bush and Donald Trump are far sleazier than Clinton.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2680 on: July 27, 2023, 12:08:15 PM »

Highlighted absurd part in bold

Trump is far worse than Clinton, and both George W Bush and Donald Trump are far sleazier than Clinton.

George W Bush lied the U.S into war, said that anybody who disagreed with him was 'with the terrorists' and outed a CIA agent to punish them.

As a private citizen, he used his family name to enrich himself by getting a sweetheart deal to buy into the Texas Rangers MLB team which in turn got a new stadium paid for by taxpayers, which immediately increased the value of the team and his personal wealth.

George W Bush was all sleaze all the time.

What do you have?
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #2681 on: July 27, 2023, 04:44:18 PM »

This is completely ridiculous and disrespectful of the occasion. Joking about having sex let alone having premarital sex at a religious gathering is literally mocking Christianity and religion in general
You sure? That was pretty funny if you ask me.

Given this is a religious gathering, this is completely inappropriate and in 2004 America people would have agreed .

It seems like we are heading in a direction where I am more socially conservative than the average Republican voter let alone the average American sigh .

Would you consider it inappropriate for a pastor to talk about watching Family Guy at a religious gathering?

Depends on what in family guy. Also family guy is fiction so not the same thing

She was comparing Stewie to her toddler son.

This whole conversation made me lol.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #2682 on: July 27, 2023, 04:50:50 PM »

You know I just realized that if Tim Scott stopped saying he's a virgin between when Nancy Mace was divorced and was engaged again it's entirely possible that he lost his virginity to Nancy Mace!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2683 on: August 01, 2023, 01:20:32 PM »

New age, low church music is generally garbage, but Lauren Daigle is great.  Either way, nothing other than a hymn belongs in a church … it’s a matter of dignity and class, like come on.
LOL. By this logic band shirts don't belong in church either.

They don't ... people in a church should dress with some self respect.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2684 on: August 02, 2023, 12:05:01 PM »

Look, I understand the source of this post but it deserves to be preserved for how insane it is:

George W. Bush, George H. W. Bush, John McCain, Mitt Romney...they are all Democrats and liberals.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2685 on: August 02, 2023, 12:07:41 PM »

Look, I understand the source of this post but it deserves to be preserved for how insane it is:

George W. Bush, George H. W. Bush, John McCain, Mitt Romney...they are all Democrats and liberals.
George W. Bush is a Democrat and liberal. If he wasn't, he would've personally executed Petra Akwai instead of telling her "Now you're you."
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2686 on: August 05, 2023, 03:07:27 AM »
« Edited: August 05, 2023, 07:04:41 PM by Badger »

In the "Is Shakespeare overrated?" thread.

Yes.

He is absolutely nothing in comparison to Quentin Tarantino or Lena Dunham.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2687 on: August 05, 2023, 10:14:47 AM »

New age, low church music is generally garbage, but Lauren Daigle is great.  Either way, nothing other than a hymn belongs in a church … it’s a matter of dignity and class, like come on.
LOL. By this logic band shirts don't belong in church either.

They don't ... people in a church should dress with some self respect.

Tell that to all the Samoan churches I use to go to. Sandals, shorts and Hawaiian shirts or you stood out weird. Tongue
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2688 on: August 07, 2023, 09:09:30 AM »

Please point me to a scene Shakespeare wrote that's on the level of these.

Mechavada
The News

« Reply #2689 on: August 09, 2023, 09:55:16 AM »

Yes.

Granted, that is a dramatic overstatement but considering that the vast majority of Americans can only quote probably one or two lines from Shakespeare (and probably can't even remember which play the line comes from) suggests Red has a point or two about the guy being overrated.  I'm not saying Americans are smart (at all lol) or should be used as a good barometer over the objective quality of something but it seems obvious there is a sizable portion of the population that subconsciously agrees with BRTD and would rather watch Lethal Weapon 3 Special Edition than read Hamlet.

Shakespeare doesn't even need to be bad to be overrated.  He just needs to be taught to the population by underpaid teachers who follow restrictive guidelines because parents and politicians really suck.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2690 on: August 09, 2023, 11:55:41 AM »

Yes.

Granted, that is a dramatic overstatement but considering that the vast majority of Americans can only quote probably one or two lines from Shakespeare (and probably can't even remember which play the line comes from) suggests Red has a point or two about the guy being overrated.  I'm not saying Americans are smart (at all lol) or should be used as a good barometer over the objective quality of something but it seems obvious there is a sizable portion of the population that subconsciously agrees with BRTD and would rather watch Lethal Weapon 3 Special Edition than read Hamlet.

Shakespeare doesn't even need to be bad to be overrated.  He just needs to be taught to the population by underpaid teachers who follow restrictive guidelines because parents and politicians really suck.

By this same metric, Baby Shark has a decent argument to being the best song of all time.
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #2691 on: August 09, 2023, 12:19:22 PM »

Yes.

By this same metric, Baby Shark has a decent argument to being the best song of all time.

Ehh fair.

I admit this was a troll attempt at understanding a BRTD argument.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2692 on: August 09, 2023, 01:14:01 PM »

As I said on You tube it's the Pacific Rim and Rust belt now including OH, VA and hopefully NC that's the Base of the party and polls close at 10 PST CA TIME

Rs don't want to give blks men reparations CA wants to give 5 K on a M  tax based on property taxes Warren Wealth tax creates 3 T in new revenue

NM is the bellwether except for Jimmy Carter every D Prez has won NM and Rs aren't even contesting it
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2693 on: August 10, 2023, 07:43:14 PM »

He should have been investigated but he shouldn't have been killed.
This is arguably worse than the George Floyd situation.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2694 on: August 10, 2023, 09:06:41 PM »

I know BRTD already posted it but I'm posting it again because it is the single most ridiculous post on this entire website.

He should have been investigated but he shouldn't have been killed.
This is arguably worse than the George Floyd situation.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2695 on: August 11, 2023, 12:28:22 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2023, 12:33:34 PM by Roll Roons »

Hate to say this, but Beshear seems like a slight favorite now. This is despite Beshear being no different than a generic Democrat, who imposed extremely harsh COVID restrictions.

Ryan Brune's take seems to be Beshear winning by 2, like Kelly and Edwards. That seems about right.

Maybe voters may actually want to reward someone for trying to keep them safe!

Imagine thinking COVID restrictions are popular.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #2696 on: August 12, 2023, 11:25:40 AM »

Yes, in fact I voted libertarian in 2020. I do not regret my vote, as I knew there would be high inflation and a recession following it and wanted Biden to be in office to take the blame.

I will enthusiastically vote Biden out in 2024 for Trump. I never expected Biden to drain half the strategic petroleum reserve for political gain, nor did I expected him to try to arrest his main political opposition.

Trump's attack on democracy (and the GOP's capitulation to him) means that it's not only imperative to support Democrats as the only viable opposition, it's downright patriotic to support the only major party that supports the continuation of American democracy.
I do not believe that trying to arrest your main political opposition resembles Democracy in any way.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2697 on: August 12, 2023, 12:07:39 PM »

It's okay you can believe your party is winning but it's called push POLLING when you are the outparty and 0/5 in Special Edays, it's push polls it's push polls, it's push polls
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2698 on: August 14, 2023, 10:24:17 PM »

Unlike you guys, who seem to have your whole lives revolve around politics, political beliefs are completely irrelevant for me in terms of friendships or relationships. I have friends all across the political spectrum from communists to nazis to libertarians to woke SJWs.

There is nothing inherently unethical with having friends with extreme politics. And acting like that is the case only helps extremist politicians.

Being friends with literal Nazis is bad, actually.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2699 on: August 14, 2023, 10:32:24 PM »

Unlike you guys, who seem to have your whole lives revolve around politics, political beliefs are completely irrelevant for me in terms of friendships or relationships. I have friends all across the political spectrum from communists to nazis to libertarians to woke SJWs.

There is nothing inherently unethical with having friends with extreme politics. And acting like that is the case only helps extremist politicians.

Being friends with literal Nazis is bad, actually.

So are you implying that people should cut off all communications with friends/relatives/acquaintances whose political views are on the extreme ends of the political spectrum? I don't think that would be a good idea, as long as discussion about politics with such people is kept to a minimum (for example, I found out from Twitter that one of my old high school classmates clearly believes that Biden is not the legitimate president, but if I were to see him on the street, I would still treat him just like I would with any of my old classmates).
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies