The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:13:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 ... 128
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168441 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2650 on: July 02, 2023, 08:31:38 AM »

White women do not experience any oppression in our society today simply because they are women.

This is just… objectively false. I wasn’t aware that the Dobbs decision had a loophole that said white women can still get abortions.

Imagine thinking it being harder to kill your baby in some places is oppression.

Texas woman almost dies because she couldn’t get an abortion

Florida Woman Denied Abortion Miscarried in Hair Salon Bathroom, Lost Half Her Blood

Her miscarriage left her bleeding profusely. An Ohio ER sent her home to wait.

...and so on...

Imagine thinking that denying abortions in those cases isn't oppression.

Except your anger is clearly misplaced. It's the hospitals and medical professionals that failed them in those cases, not the laws y'all are so mad about.

Oh no, honey child. Your moral cowardice is no excuse here. These hospitals and medical professionals so-called failed these women only because they are now afraid to touch abortion with a 20-foot Pole explicitly because the laws that you and yours have put into place making it an issue of those places being shut down and doctors risking prison if they do.

Show an ounce of backbone at least and acknowledge that these incidents are a direct consequence of fighting to being abortion like you've done for years. At least have the courage to say well gee that's bad but it serves a greater good rather than so pathetically wimping out.

It's not "wimping out" to point out that the healthcare professionals involved in those scenarios are more willing to make a political statement than do their jobs.

There is no law that prevents a woman who miscarries from receiving treatment.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2651 on: July 02, 2023, 07:27:44 PM »
« Edited: July 02, 2023, 07:31:27 PM by Badger »

White women do not experience any oppression in our society today simply because they are women.

This is just… objectively false. I wasn’t aware that the Dobbs decision had a loophole that said white women can still get abortions.

Imagine thinking it being harder to kill your baby in some places is oppression.

Florida Woman Denied Abortion Miscarried in Hair Salon Bathroom, Lost Half Her Blood

...and so on...

Except your anger is clearly misplaced. It's the hospitals and medical professionals that failed them in those cases, not the laws y'all are so mad about.

Oh no, honey child. Your moral cowardice is no excuse here. These hospitals and medical professionals so-called failed these women only because they are now afraid to touch abortion with a 20-foot Pole explicitly because the laws that you and yours have put into place making it an issue of those places being shut down and doctors risking prison if they do.

Show an ounce of backbone at least and acknowledge that these incidents are a direct consequence of fighting to being abortion like you've done for years. At least have the courage to say well gee that's bad but it serves a greater good rather than so pathetically wimping out.

It's not "wimping out" to point out that the healthcare professionals involved in those scenarios are more willing to make a political statement than do their jobs.

What a lying liar you are to hand pick that one in three headline and ignore the fact that it was directly related to abortion law restrictions. As the article noted,

"Holeyman, Zielke's husband, says hospital staff seemed "hesitant." The two of them wondered at the ER if that was because of Ohio's new six-week abortion ban. "I wish someone had come out and said, 'Hey, this is a state law, this is what we're afraid of,' and was a little more frank," he says. Instead he says, paraphrasing what he heard: "It was, 'Well, we don't know if this [pregnancy] is viable, this could still be viable. This is the information you got in D.C., but we need to confirm it."

Not enough of you to crawl out of your shell and admit this is part of your and your ilks doing? Let's proceed shall we?

The situation: Christina Zielke was discharged from an ER in Ohio without treatment for her miscarriage even though she'd been bleeding profusely for hours.

The state law: When Zielke was in Ohio in early September, the state had a law known as a "heartbeat bill" in effect, which bans abortion after about six weeks of pregnancy. The law was passed in 2019, and went into effect the same day the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade on June 24. In mid-September, a judge in Hamilton County blocked the law. Ohio's Republican attorney general has begun the appeals process, and the case is ultimately expected to go to the state supreme court.

Health care providers who violate the law face fifth-degree felony charges, up to a year in prison, loss of their medical license, and fines up to $20,000.

What's at stake: Ohio's abortion restriction doesn't explicitly restrict the treatment of miscarriages or emergency care, but it can have that effect anyway.

Health care providers use the same clinical tools to manage a miscarriage as they do to perform abortions – the medications and surgical options are identical. That can mean when someone seeks care during a miscarriage, a pharmacist or doctor who suspects a patient is seeking an abortion might deny or delay providing treatment, fearing prosecution.

Not enough for you to cry uncle and say okay we lied to this woman suffering but it's for a greater good because the cruelty is the point? Let's carry on further!

"We're in a moment of tremendous fear, and we're working with hospitals and doctors who are not fans of liability," she says. That has led to situations where "physicians or staff say, 'Only if I think I'm 1,000% safe will I do necessary, potentially life-saving medical care.'"

Just fess up. Show a quarter ounce of guts and say. Yes, this is exactly what me and other pro-life radicals- oh sorry, "activists"-- aimed for. Do not even attempt to disassemble that this is a direct straight line result of strict hardcore abortion restrictions being put into place. Again, very very telling that you only chose the one headline about a miscarriage when in fact it was directly related to abortion restriction loss, and you completely utterly hit under the your bed regarding the two other explicitly abortion related headlines.

At least have the courage of us some other pro-life activists and say well it's tragic but it's necessary to save fertilized zygotes--whoops! I of course mean "babies". If not, again, cowardice at it's most pathetic display.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2652 on: July 03, 2023, 01:20:18 AM »

Badtagn Purple heart

Anyway posting a take that we can all agree is absurd and ignorant:

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2653 on: July 03, 2023, 11:40:49 AM »

...and so on...

What a lying liar you are to hand pick that one in three headline and ignore the fact that it was directly related to abortion law restrictions. As the article noted,

"Holeyman, Zielke's husband, says hospital staff seemed "hesitant." The two of them wondered at the ER if that was because of Ohio's new six-week abortion ban. "I wish someone had come out and said, 'Hey, this is a state law, this is what we're afraid of,' and was a little more frank," he says. Instead he says, paraphrasing what he heard: "It was, 'Well, we don't know if this [pregnancy] is viable, this could still be viable. This is the information you got in D.C., but we need to confirm it."

Not enough of you to crawl out of your shell and admit this is part of your and your ilks doing? Let's proceed shall we?

The situation: Christina Zielke was discharged from an ER in Ohio without treatment for her miscarriage even though she'd been bleeding profusely for hours.

The state law: When Zielke was in Ohio in early September, the state had a law known as a "heartbeat bill" in effect, which bans abortion after about six weeks of pregnancy. The law was passed in 2019, and went into effect the same day the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade on June 24. In mid-September, a judge in Hamilton County blocked the law. Ohio's Republican attorney general has begun the appeals process, and the case is ultimately expected to go to the state supreme court.

Health care providers who violate the law face fifth-degree felony charges, up to a year in prison, loss of their medical license, and fines up to $20,000.

What's at stake: Ohio's abortion restriction doesn't explicitly restrict the treatment of miscarriages or emergency care, but it can have that effect anyway.

Health care providers use the same clinical tools to manage a miscarriage as they do to perform abortions – the medications and surgical options are identical. That can mean when someone seeks care during a miscarriage, a pharmacist or doctor who suspects a patient is seeking an abortion might deny or delay providing treatment, fearing prosecution.

Not enough for you to cry uncle and say okay we lied to this woman suffering but it's for a greater good because the cruelty is the point? Let's carry on further!

"We're in a moment of tremendous fear, and we're working with hospitals and doctors who are not fans of liability," she says. That has led to situations where "physicians or staff say, 'Only if I think I'm 1,000% safe will I do necessary, potentially life-saving medical care.'"

Just fess up. Show a quarter ounce of guts and say. Yes, this is exactly what me and other pro-life radicals- oh sorry, "activists"-- aimed for. Do not even attempt to disassemble that this is a direct straight line result of strict hardcore abortion restrictions being put into place. Again, very very telling that you only chose the one headline about a miscarriage when in fact it was directly related to abortion restriction loss, and you completely utterly hit under the your bed regarding the two other explicitly abortion related headlines.

At least have the courage of us some other pro-life activists and say well it's tragic but it's necessary to save fertilized zygotes--whoops! I of course mean "babies". If not, again, cowardice at it's most pathetic display.

I'm in Ohio today with my granddaughters that were allowed to be born.  Just sayin'.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2654 on: July 03, 2023, 12:03:33 PM »

...and so on...

I'm in Ohio today with my granddaughters that were allowed to be born.  Just sayin'.

Why are you wasting time on forum arguments right now?  It’s one day till the 4th of July (and you’re in the best state in the country Wink ).  Go enjoy your visit with your family.  Atlas will be here when you get back Smiley
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2655 on: July 03, 2023, 12:06:19 PM »

...and so on...

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2656 on: July 03, 2023, 11:37:49 PM »

That's not true. I used to think racism is a horrible evil. But after last few years of "in your face" diversity (such as black woman playing Kleopatra) I don't care anymore. Whenever I see now somebody who's black in the movie or major position of power (politics, corporations etc.) my first thought is he's/she's there because of an affirmative action not because they're actually the best person to do the job.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2657 on: July 04, 2023, 03:22:42 AM »

It is a 303/225 map because DeWine still is asking Biden to declare a state of emergency in OH and Biden is dragging his feet but Tester and Brown can win in split voting
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2658 on: July 04, 2023, 08:22:03 AM »

That's not true. I used to think racism is a horrible evil. But after last few years of "in your face" diversity (such as black woman playing Kleopatra) I don't care anymore. Whenever I see now somebody who's black in the movie or major position of power (politics, corporations etc.) my first thought is he's/she's there because of an affirmative action not because they're actually the best person to do the job.
I said this about people who liked the old Quantum Leap but think the new one is too "woke" as a joke.
Quote from: Peebs, the not-too-distant past
I agreed with Dr. Sam Beckett when he said that Black Lives Mattered, but Dr. Ben Song is openly Korean and Ian Wright wants me to call them "they", so now I want to #BoycottProgressivesNBCSnowflakesAndWokes.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2659 on: July 04, 2023, 03:11:44 PM »
« Edited: July 04, 2023, 03:33:28 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

Blue avatars and Trump saying they are gonna win just because Trump is up MOE and most of Biden leads have been outside MOE just like Echelon has Trump ahead today MOE lol it's VBM not same day and it's an EC College Eday Baldwin, Slotkin and especially Casey aren't Losing

Beshear and EVERS won by 39K 2018/19 with provisions ballots, Provisions ballots go D because they are College students returniing home

They have Biden up 10 in WI and 5 up in PA it's over already Rs underpoll in WI and OH when DeWine and Johnson not on ballot there are no blue avatars in WI threads about including 2016 because there is no JOHNSON

2012 Baldwin and Baldwin won by 6 without DeWine or Johnson and Baldwin beat Tommy Thompson, Rs forget about that, John'son is DOA to Sara Rodriguez in a Prez yr 28 the blue wall is here that stay this isn't 1989 where tax cuts for the rich is popular it's a Great Recession again like 2008

That's why we need to wait for outcome in G races KY, LA and MS G users are so impatient just because you see a poll MOE  with Trump leads, they are push polling like with West and Manchin so that it looks like Trump can win but Manchin isn't getting 9% he would get 3% like Jorgensen

I keep saying this and Rs never beaten Biden or Obama or Harris they beaten Gore, Kerry and Hillary , and Gore stuttered just like Beto that's why ALLRED can win he doesn't stutter like BETO
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2660 on: July 06, 2023, 02:58:15 PM »

Another issue with the "Nordic model" is that in at least country (Norway), it's basically ran on the same economic principal as Venezuela, aka let's use lots of oil money to fund lots of social services. Now obviously Norway is nowhere near as bad off as Venezuela now due to the fact that its leaders aren't completely economically illiterate or completely sociopathic pieces of sh!t, but regardless, is a petrostate model something that can be replicated in most places...or even should?
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2661 on: July 06, 2023, 04:02:26 PM »

Fair enough. It'd just be more of a gamble. I'm sure the people setting up in Carbondale considered Cairo but decided it'd be safer to set up in a town that's a good bit larger.
There's no law against it in theory- but in practice if you're a company wanting to set up facilities to slaughter children on an industrial scale, then perhaps a town of only 1700 people wouldn't be the ideal place in terms of having enough police to control protestors, having local officials to support you in the event of conflict and to pass local laws curtailing protestors' freedom of speech, etc. Lots of things to take into account like that, and clearly Carbondale was the closest place that was both left wing and large.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #2662 on: July 06, 2023, 08:10:23 PM »

The difference is democrats are using MAGA accurately

Should Republicans have said, "People who would probably be A-okay with implementing actual socialism if they had the political capital to do so but for now will settle for as much as they can reasonably get passed via legislation"?

Show me a democrat in leadership or the White House that’d do that

Pretty much as soon as public opinion “catches up,” every left-leaning party tries to enact as much change as possible - including Democrats.  I’ll maintain people are gullible if they don’t think most leaders on the left in America would prefer our economy was structured more like a Nordic country than what it currently is … and I’m sure I’ll be met with, “And what’s wrong with that?!”  And that will prove my point.  The vast majority are at the very least incredibly sympathetic to making our currently significantly more socialist than it currently is, and I have to laugh that a left-leaning party would take that win with a chill “We did it!” and rest easy.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2663 on: July 08, 2023, 02:07:23 PM »

As I said in other threads Trump is far weaker than he was in 2020 it's a Great Recession Biden is favored but the polls are gonna go back and forth because both Biden and Trump are criminals Hunter was a misdemeanor and Trump were felonies and married women are swing they vote 60/40 D in blue states and sometimes sure 50/50

The battleground are really red states anyways it's a 303 map anyways
AtorBoltox

« Reply #2664 on: July 09, 2023, 08:35:04 AM »

Whether Putin's genocidal war in Ukraine or the Kaiserreich's genocide of the Herero and Namaqua peoples is worse is impossible to answer
The latter was worse and it is genocide denial to suggest otherwise
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2665 on: July 09, 2023, 05:31:34 PM »

Just cause she is not dumb enough to throw away her career by endorsing Williamson does not mean that she isnt a closet commie
Mechavada
The News

« Reply #2666 on: July 10, 2023, 06:20:23 AM »

...and so on...

I'll avoid a political response here.  Congrats on your granddaughters being born.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2667 on: July 10, 2023, 09:08:28 AM »

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/letters/2023/07/09/mccain-republicans-alive-well-ignore-gop/70386148007/

Here is what ails the GOP the McCain Rs like Steele, Hogan, Baker, Phill Scott Synder. Kasich endorsed Biden they have nowhere to turn to
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #2668 on: July 12, 2023, 06:19:14 AM »

Posting SnowLabrador posts is like shooting fish in a barrel, but:

FF. He's still way better than Biden - supports universal health care, for one, not that any Dutch politician doesn't. Never forget that even the right-wingers of Europe are mostly to the left of AOC.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #2669 on: July 12, 2023, 04:17:41 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2023, 04:20:54 PM by Mr.Barkari Sellers »

I think alot of Blue Avatars and users forgotten what the Southern Strategy is and it resurrected itself on J6 the Southern Strategy never went away thats why we have a 6/3 Conservative Crt due to McConnell packed it and the Rs rail about Ds want to pack the Crt the Rs did it first

Italian Mafia ties to Nazis went KGB during the Cold War and Jack Ruby and Oswald were tied to Italian Mafia that Assassinated JFK thats why the FBI wont release the memos on JFK assassination because it had ties to Jack Ruby, Ruby and Oswald knew each other and wrote a letter Oct 4, 1963 said they were gonna kill Connelly, bingo

Whats going on in Russia and Ukraine and Trump is nothing more than the Southern Strategy because the Nazis became KGB
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2670 on: July 13, 2023, 06:35:42 AM »

Shocked and horrified to learn that Thomas's clerks... have an annual Christmas party?

The demand for Supreme Court scandals has vastly exceeded supply and everyone is dumber for it.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2671 on: July 13, 2023, 11:28:46 AM »

Shocked and horrified to learn that Thomas's clerks... have an annual Christmas party?

The demand for Supreme Court scandals has vastly exceeded supply and everyone Frank is dumber for it.
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2672 on: July 13, 2023, 10:00:44 PM »

The demand for Supreme Court scandals has vastly exceeded supply and everyone Frank is dumber for it.

The only dumb person here is you for your pathetic attempts to excuse the unethical behavior of lawyers. You are a sleazy and unethical person and we are dumber for you being here.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2673 on: July 13, 2023, 10:44:12 PM »

The only dumb person here is you for your pathetic attempts to excuse the unethical behavior of lawyers. You are a sleazy and unethical person and we are dumber for you being here.

Canadian has opinion on US legal system lol
Benjamin Frank
Frank
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2674 on: July 13, 2023, 10:49:31 PM »

Canadian has opinion on US legal system lol
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies