The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:33:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 128
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168602 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: February 26, 2022, 11:26:28 PM »
« edited: February 26, 2022, 11:36:27 PM by Badger »

"Literally everything that ever happens is Hitler purely because I have no real argument."

I know Godwin's Law and all, but this scenario is similar enough to actually warrant a comparison.

No, saying this is similar dismisses what happened during the Holocaust as typical wartime behavior.

The idea isn't to equivocate the Holocaust with what Putin is doing - the idea is to stop it from getting to that point.  

I don't think that it "dismisses" what happened in the Holocaust to be cautious in these sorts of instances. In fact, I think trying to paint the Holocaust as some once-in-a-millennium anomaly is more dismissive of the conditions that led to it in the first place.

Nobody thought that we'd see a world war with 6 million dead Jews when Poland was invaded in 1939.

The US knew exactly what Hitler's intentions were and continually turned away Jews who were trying to escape despite knowing this. We are doing more here with the sanctions than we ever did then--which was sending people back to their deaths--so continuing to make this equation to the current situation shows ignorance at the very least.

There's no shame in admitting that what's going on there is wrong and unjustified, while also acknowledging that it isn't Literally Hitler Again and that intervention will do nothing but worsen the situation for all involved.
Letting refugees in the country is a bad idea and always was. No matter the context. American jobs for americans.
Are you seriously suggesting we were right to refuse to take in Jewish refugees fleeing nazi germany?
Yes.

JFC.

" Difference of opinion "be d*****. This is outright evil.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1676 on: February 27, 2022, 12:14:07 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2022, 12:20:27 AM by Southern Delegate Punxsutawney Phil »

Oh look, the drive-by hater once again found a place for himself in my alerts. And it's for something I'm not 100% sure of defending anymore.
I needed a laugh. You'd find it hard to find a heart colder.
Guess he was salty.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1677 on: February 27, 2022, 12:29:44 AM »

Oh look, the drive-by hater once again found a place for himself in my alerts. And it's for something I'm not 100% sure of defending anymore.
Guess he was salty.

To whom are you referring please?
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1678 on: February 27, 2022, 12:53:16 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2022, 01:00:17 AM by Southern Delegate Punxsutawney Phil »

Guess he was salty.

Sol.
We have a strong mutual dislike. I just don't advertise it because I try to avoid insulting him. He makes it hard sometimes.
P.S. His obsession with me comes off as quite pathetic. A shame, because I like his postings.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1679 on: February 27, 2022, 01:02:39 AM »

Guess he was salty.

Sol.
We have a strong mutual dislike. I just don't advertise it because I try to avoid insulting him. He makes it hard sometimes.
P.S. His obsession with me comes off as quite pathetic. A shame, because I like his postings.

In fairness, that was a really s***** post of yours. Frankly you're entire both sidesing this invasion been quite Indefensible.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1680 on: February 27, 2022, 01:05:04 AM »

Guess he was salty.

Sol.

In fairness, that was a really s***** post of yours. Frankly you're entire both sidesing this invasion been quite Indefensible.
I don't particularly care too much he highlighted that post. No, it was the fact *he* was the one who did it. *He* is obsessed with me, and me personally, and he has done this time and time again, trying to cast me in the worst light possible. A sad, strange little man indeed.
When he tries to drag things off topic, I merely click the report button and let the mod team handle it.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1681 on: February 27, 2022, 12:30:09 PM »

No one is "obsessed" with you. You are currently making 50 posts a day, mostly meandering lectures both-sidesing a conflict that no one apart from you has any interest in both-sidesing. If you don't want to face pushback for that, stop posting.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1682 on: February 27, 2022, 01:18:17 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2022, 01:23:45 PM by Southern Delegate Punxsutawney Phil »

No one is "obsessed" with you. You are currently making 50 posts a day, mostly meandering lectures both-sidesing a conflict that no one apart from you has any interest in both-sidesing. If you don't want to face pushback for that, stop posting.
Sol has engaged in personal attacks against me and some of his posts have been deleted by the mods. There are numerous occasions in which this has happened in fact.
I don't think you know what you are talking about.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1683 on: February 27, 2022, 05:38:28 PM »

Sol has engaged in personal attacks against me and some of his posts have been deleted by the mods. There are numerous occasions in which this has happened in fact.
Sol got tired of your bit before the rest of us did, but there's a lot more people than just Sol who're over it now.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1684 on: February 27, 2022, 05:45:46 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2022, 05:52:04 PM by Southern Delegate Punxsutawney Phil »

Sol got tired of your bit before the rest of us did, but there's a lot more people than just Sol who're over it now.
You can just ask YE if any of Sol's posts have been deleted.
In any case, I don't need your approval to post, the Russian/Ukrainian megathread is welcome to people of varying opinions no matter how you might dislike that, and you are being as ludicrously hostile as I've ever seen.
Whatever. Have a nice day, no matter how much the more annoyed part of my mind wishes otherwise.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1685 on: February 27, 2022, 06:56:37 PM »

In any case, I don't need your approval to post, the Russian/Ukrainian megathread is welcome to people of varying opinions no matter how you might dislike that, and you are being as ludicrously hostile as I've ever seen.
Whatever. Have a nice day, no matter how much the more annoyed part of my mind wishes otherwise.
You really aren't making yourself look better.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1686 on: February 27, 2022, 07:05:28 PM »

I know, you don't generally look good after throwing mud, justified or not.
Just wanted to call out a problem poster for how pathetic they've been and how cold they are. Also, much credit to the mod team for putting Sol in his place. Much deserved.
It is fact Sol has brought up off-topic things, engaged in personal attacks, and seen his posts deleted, all in connection to what at least is a personal vendetta against me personally.
I'm not unhappy with the status quo in this at all.
That is all.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1687 on: February 27, 2022, 07:40:26 PM »

Just wanted to call out a problem poster for how pathetic they've been and how cold they are. Also, much credit to the mod team for putting Sol in his place. Much deserved.
It is fact Sol has brought up off-topic things, engaged in personal attacks, and seen his posts deleted, all in connection to what at least is a personal vendetta against me personally.
That is all.

Didn't really want to get involved with this, but to my knowledge all of these posts were ones I've deleted myself. I sometimes get very angry on the Internet, including over your posts on occasion, and I often will go back and delete ones I wrote where I felt like I went over the top. I've done this on covid-related threads as well. The only moderated post I have is one where I called Hifly a bigot back in like 2014.

In any case I have no obsession with you, and I do not want to "throw you into the volcano." You have a habit of making thoughtless and sometimes offensive posts and I think we share several interests, so I encounter them with an extremely high frequency. My response to them I think is pretty typical of the treatment of bad posts on this forum--compucomp for example has been getting an even more kneejerk response to his unfortunate takes. I don't hate you but I do wish you were more thoughtful.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1688 on: February 27, 2022, 07:50:49 PM »

That is all.

Didn't really want to get involved with this, but to my knowledge all of these posts were ones I've deleted myself. I sometimes get very angry on the Internet, including over your posts on occasion, and I often will go back and delete ones I wrote where I felt like I went over the top. I've done this on covid-related threads as well. The only moderated post I have is one where I called Hifly a bigot back in like 2014.

In any case I have no obsession with you, and I do not want to "throw you into the volcano." You have a habit of making thoughtless and sometimes offensive posts and I think we share several interests, so I encounter them with an extremely high frequency. My response to them I think is pretty typical of the treatment of bad posts on this forum--compucomp for example has been getting an even more kneejerk response to his unfortunate takes. I don't hate you but I do wish you were more thoughtful.
If all this is true, then I'm quite shocked at how (partial) the information I had was.
I'd like to apologize for the (likely) fact that, though I was acting on (close to) the best of information, that information was, for sure, at least somewhat wrong.
I can attest to the fact we share several interests.
I would also like to express the sentiment that your view of me is, at best, very much outdated and rooted in whatever your (at least former) self's perceptions of past events was.
We probably have been misjudging each other. I'm very open to reappraising you further as a character (already have to some extent because of this one post) and I only hope you can do the same.
But that's a matter for another thread and/or PMs.
If you want to talk to me, my PMs are always open.
P.S. I know I use this phrase a lot, but have a nice day. Please be/remain intellectually curious.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1689 on: February 28, 2022, 04:04:04 PM »

I would also like to express the sentiment that your view of me is, at best, very much outdated and rooted in whatever your (at least former) self's perceptions of past events was.

The post I placed in here was from Friday.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1690 on: March 05, 2022, 07:48:18 AM »

(White) Boomers are the most selfish generation in American history.

Notice that in Asian immigrant families, the grandparents help their adult children with raising their grandchildren and cooking and cleaning, and are very frugal with their money. And many Black women have raised their children, their grandchildren and are raising their great-grandchildren as we speak.

White grandparents are less than useless. They never come to visit, never offer to help with anything, and are set to blow all their money on golf course memberships and Harley-Davidsons and leave no legacy to speak of.

This thread basically sums it up:

These people claim they care so much about "traditional family values" and yet instead of spending time with their grandchildren or giving back to the communities that sustained them as children and working-age adults, they run off to Florida and spend the rest of their lives sitting on the couch watching Fox News and being mad online.

This post is pure bigotry.  That others aren't objecting is a statement about them.  Why this poster hasn't received a mute for this is beyond me.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1691 on: March 05, 2022, 08:05:34 AM »
« Edited: March 05, 2022, 08:11:25 AM by Meclazine »

Notice that in Asian immigrant families, the grandparents help their adult children with raising their grandchildren and cooking and cleaning, and are very frugal with their money. And many Black women have raised their children, their grandchildren and are raising their great-grandchildren as we speak.

White grandparents are less than useless. They never come to visit, never offer to help with anything, and are set to blow all their money on golf course memberships and Harley-Davidsons and leave no legacy to speak of.

These people claim they care so much about "traditional family values" and yet instead of spending time with their grandchildren or giving back to the communities that sustained them as children and working-age adults, they run off to Florida and spend the rest of their lives sitting on the couch watching Fox News and being mad online.

This post is pure bigotry.  That others aren't objecting is a statement about them.  Why this poster hasn't received a mute for this is beyond me.

It's only bigotry if it is against people of colour or the latest popular minority Fuzzy.

As we are a little older, we don't suffer ultra-sensativity to these issues.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1692 on: March 05, 2022, 08:59:02 AM »

This post is pure bigotry.  That others aren't objecting is a statement about them.  Why this poster hasn't received a mute for this is beyond me.

It's only bigotry if it is against people of colour or the latest popular minority Fuzzy.

As we are a little older, we don't suffer ultra-sensativity to these issues.

Quote from: Saul Alinsky
"Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."

I'm not an Alinskyite, but I do agree with this principle. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1693 on: March 05, 2022, 04:57:29 PM »

The D's that made R Nut maps that screwed up the compiled map and Biden after SOTU is at 50/47 and that what happens when you go by polls instead of vote totals since 2006/ D's have averaged ,65/60 M votes over Rs because we won NV, VA and CO which collectively canceled out OH from 1988/2004 with Kerry and Gore defeat PH was the tipping pt, VA, CO and NV went R, yeah we lost in 2010(/14 it was 11% percent unemployment

We still have none mnths, these are the same D users that made D nut maps in 2020 on FL and NC, it's always been a 303/235 map with us winning the Senate and wave insurance for the H

Do you know what Sinema said the D's have phenomenal candidates and can win without VOTING RIGHTS we have Tim Ryan, Crist and Cheri Beasley better than Greenfield, Boiler and HEGAR

Biden since the SOTU is 50/47 he, Trump is at 39% and never will be elected PREZ

IPSOS HAD ALWAYS HAD Trump 39, Biden 45 and now Biden is at 50/47 and Evers has a 51% Approvals

Biden was never at 39%, Trump was due to insurrection
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1694 on: March 05, 2022, 05:07:15 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2022, 05:11:02 PM by SOCIALIST MR BAKARI SELLERS »

I would advise D users to look at 2012 election results and on You tube nd we won 65/60 votes and we won OH, FL, PA, WI hat's where it is headed yeah we won 80(75M but it's a Midterm and a blue wave can happen with less votes we won 41H eats and Brown won with 46/43M map not 90M, in 2018 a Midterm

It's gonna be 65/60 M it's a dropoff from a Prez but it's not gonna be that much a dropoff 46/43 in VBM I was an election judge I know and Graduate of College and know precisely about the vote, ab R sweep is unlikely in 4 percent but in 11 percent 2010 unemployment
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #1695 on: March 07, 2022, 10:39:42 AM »

Anyone else have suspicions that someone from rose twitter and the online left put putin up to this so gas prices could rise so high to try to get people to stop using fossil fuels immediately?

We can not switch to renewable energy entirely over night you dumb bastards!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #1696 on: March 07, 2022, 03:12:44 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2022, 03:16:11 PM by SOCIALIST MR BAKARI SELLERS »

Harris Approvals are going up and you see Dejear coming close to Reynolds and all of Blk candidates, that's why Barnes, Abrams, Warnock and Beasley may win

Cause it's strange why is Reynolds such in a bad shape only 8 pts ahead and Grassley is ahead because of Harris
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1697 on: March 07, 2022, 04:40:27 PM »

I believe the Biblical account of Creation, the Global Flood, and the age of the Earth.  I also believe that scientific evidence supports a ~6000 year old Earth if only they would consider the impacts of the Flood.
Aurelius
Cody
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.35, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #1698 on: March 07, 2022, 08:44:44 PM »

A C, he has definitely handled the Ukraine crisis well, but his bungling of the Afghanistan withdrawal as well as the decision to leave at all were particularly awful.

Yes, instead we should've stayed there for twenty more years, lost thousands more people, and wasted trillions more dollars...

"wasted trillions of dollars," because providing foreign and humanitarian aid and building a nation is apparently a waste. This type of selfish attitude is exactly why we are seeing the world move away from humanitarianism and turn its back on human rights issues across the world, of course, it seems that you don't care for that. Anyways we should've stayed as long as was needed to turn Afghanistan into a flourishing nation with a stable democracy, I don't care if that takes 10 years, 20 years, 100 years, or 200 years.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1699 on: March 07, 2022, 10:54:43 PM »

I believe the Biblical account of Creation, the Global Flood, and the age of the Earth.  I also believe that scientific evidence supports a ~6000 year old Earth if only they would consider the impacts of the Flood.

To disagree with such a post is fine and good.  Lots of people don't agree with this post.  I'm an Evangelical Christian and I don't particularly believe in Young Earth theology.  But to post this here just puts this poster's unbridled hatred for Evangelical Christians on display.  If someone placed a comparable post about an Islamic belief here, S019 would likely petition the post be removed, citing religious bigotry, etc.

There are many mainstream religious beliefs of faiths other than mine that I consider false.  I am sure that many people believe that my religious beliefs are false.  That's fine and good, and someday Faith will be Sight.  I would not, however, post such a theoloical quote from another poster here.  That S019 sees fit to do so is a view into his particular soul.  I'll leave it to the reader to decide what that view is like.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies