The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:44:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 128
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 168004 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: January 05, 2022, 10:27:13 PM »

Isn't the answer obvious, it's West Virginia. As IceSpear used to say "it's full of rural, racist hicks."

There is nothing absurd or ignorant about this post.

I do wonder what happened to IceSpear. He hasn't posted since April 2020.
Sometimes it's best not to question why good things happen.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1576 on: January 05, 2022, 11:44:47 PM »

Isn't the answer obvious, it's West Virginia. As IceSpear used to say "it's full of rural, racist hicks."

IceSpear leaving was not good.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1577 on: January 05, 2022, 11:46:10 PM »

IceSpear leaving was not good.

I do miss his sarcasm and humor, although he was grossly wrong about Kentucky, which is probably why he reduced his activity on here and eventually left entirely.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1578 on: January 06, 2022, 08:18:30 AM »

"HAR HAR WEST VIRGINIA IS FULL OF RACIST HICKS" (repeat ad nauseam)

What amazing and incredible insight IceSpear brought! He also totally blessed and enlightened the forum so much with his incredible and amazingly accurate analysis of the Kentucky Governor election!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1579 on: January 06, 2022, 02:33:37 PM »

This whole thread. The absurd immaturity on display is just really disheartening.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1580 on: January 08, 2022, 09:25:02 PM »

We're free cause the Biden and Fauci plan to put the unvaccinated in a concentration camp is being stymied by the Supreme Court because our Constitutional Republic prevents our democratically represented public servants from giving Hitler or Stalin all the powers cause they have 50.1% of the vote in a national election.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1581 on: January 09, 2022, 04:52:03 AM »

Scary proposition at best. Fetterman is way too far left for PA as a whole. His stance on the environment and guns would destroy the Commonwealth and no sane swing voter like myself can trust his stances on these things. He proports to be a "blue-collar" businessman/philanthropist/crime-stopper or whatever he claims, but Pennsylvanians can see right through that facade. He's a showman, plain and simple. Putting on a show for us with marijuana flags, etc. I've grown tired of that.

He's certainly not winning in Central PA, and he ain't palatable enough to suit wealthy suburbanite Pennsylvanians who love their nicely-knit neighborhoods and low property taxes. Fetterman will spike that bill up exponentially. Oz would appeal to the business establishment, those in the healthcare professions, Trumpists, and traditional GOP voters. Independents would probably like him as well due to his sensibilities and willingness to buck the trend.

My bets are on Oz to stamp out Fetterman in the debates too because he's way more telegenic. Oz should cruise to the finish line.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1582 on: January 09, 2022, 06:14:47 PM »

Jimmy Dore is probably the best reporter out there right now.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1583 on: January 09, 2022, 11:49:00 PM »

Criticism of Israel in and of itself is antisemitic to about 75-80% of Jewish people, so be careful where you step here.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #1584 on: January 13, 2022, 03:27:03 PM »

Self explanatory

A beautiful day for freedom.  The battle isn’t over yet though, not until Dr Fauci is being tried for crimes against humanity.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1585 on: January 14, 2022, 09:43:22 PM »

HRT/SRS for gender dysphoria is only "medicine" under a radical activist definition.  There is no other body integrity disorder we "treat" by mutilating or chemically altering normal human anatomy.  If gender dysphoria is a disease of the mind, then it should be treated as such.   

Making access to HRT/SRS the end-all, be-all of trans advocacy is a weird erasure of the overwhelming majority of trans people, both today and historically, who never medically transition.  It's also a fundamental betrayal of the supposedly-axiomatic principle that gender be decoupled from sex.  If the two are distinct, then why do we need to change people's sexual anatomy in order to affirm their gender? 

We are quickly barreling towards a future where gender non-conforming young people are told they ought to reject their bodies in order to better live-up to traditional gender stereotypes.  For some kids it is already here.  That's a future that's worse-off for everybody, queer or not. 
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1586 on: January 16, 2022, 02:29:29 AM »

The strongest blocs in Atlas, and are over represented in the mod team, are partisan democrats who go with the party regardless, but with a progressive bias. Then is a more decentralized classical liberal contingent with strong atlantacist bias—your Filluardjans, Kingpos, Kosovo avatars—then partisan Republicans.

Anyone else is basically powerless and atomized to influence things unless participating in the conflict between these forces.

Partisan Dem mods roughly include:
YE—yes, you
Virginia
Gustaf
Gas
Brittian

Lib moderates:
Dereich
Mr. X
True Fed
The bland normie
Torie
Mikado

Conservative partisans:
Rest

I should note that while there are more of the second camp mods, the structure of ownership on atlas and user base makes one side hold all the cards relatively. I should also note that this analysis speaks of nothing of moderation styles, which are too complicated to lay out. It does seem like speaking out against a certain side of the Israeli-Palestinian debate and holding support for AES states is deliberately unfavorable to the mods, and there is a hope they not frequent this forum. I am only here this long due to my general non hostile and constructive presence and post count, but who knows if that may change

Still, I should note that the civility on atlas is much better than anywhere else on the US-anglophone speaking internet, and it is relatively popular. Whether it lasted this long due to design of altruism or through data mining pacts Virginia and Dave gave into a while ago we will never know.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1587 on: January 16, 2022, 03:56:39 AM »
« Edited: January 16, 2022, 04:09:14 AM by Badger »

A Martin Luther king holiday themed extravaganza here.

King wasn’t a leftist, lmao. Most leftists themselves define left-wing politics as politics which prioritizes equality over all things. King’s ideology prioritized the salvation of all human beings above all things, making him a right-winger, by definition. The fact that he also had some ideas that in the context of 1960s USA (like racial equality) could be viewed as left-wing don’t take away from his actual underlying dominant ideology.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1588 on: January 16, 2022, 03:58:48 AM »

Oh, I almost the equally ignorant post he led off with:

Leftists have hated religion since day 1.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1589 on: January 16, 2022, 03:06:57 PM »

A Martin Luther king holiday themed extravaganza here.

King wasn’t a leftist, lmao. Most leftists themselves define left-wing politics as politics which prioritizes equality over all things. King’s ideology prioritized the salvation of all human beings above all things, making him a right-winger, by definition. The fact that he also had some ideas that in the context of 1960s USA (like racial equality) could be viewed as left-wing don’t take away from his actual underlying dominant ideology.
Darn you beat me to it!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1590 on: January 16, 2022, 03:35:34 PM »

Let’s see if I can draw an analogy here:

Otto von Bismarck designed and implemented the most egalitarian social safety net that the world up until that time had ever seen. Given how left-wing politics is based on having equality as the most important goal within a system, this would make Bismarck seemingly a left-winger. Yet all historians correctly identify Bismarck as being a staunch right-winger. Why? Because Bismarck wasn’t really concerned with equality- he was concerned with strengthening Germany and it’s people. The fact that equality was a means to this end does not really matter- it’s the underlying goals that count.

King absolutely strove for racial and economic equality. So why isn’t he a left-winger then? Because the underlying goal wasn’t equality- it was ending the divisions between human beings so all could become unified with Christ, just as God intended. That is ultimately a right-wing goal (which is why theocracy is always correctly placed on the right-end of the political spectrum).
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1591 on: January 17, 2022, 01:36:34 AM »
« Edited: January 17, 2022, 01:11:16 PM by Badger »

Let’s see if I can draw an analogy here:

Otto von Bismarck designed and implemented the most egalitarian social safety net that the world up until that time had ever seen. Given how left-wing politics is based on having equality as the most important goal within a system, this would make Bismarck seemingly a left-winger. Yet all historians correctly identify Bismarck as being a staunch right-winger. Why? Because Bismarck wasn’t really concerned with equality- he was concerned with strengthening Germany and it’s people. The fact that equality was a means to this end does not really matter- it’s the underlying goals that count.

King absolutely strove for racial and economic equality. So why isn’t he a left-winger then? Because the underlying goal wasn’t equality- it was ending the divisions between human beings so all could become unified with Christ, just as God intended. That is ultimately a right-wing goal (which is why theocracy is always correctly placed on the right-end of the political spectrum).

That entire thread was one long self own on reckoning's part.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #1592 on: January 18, 2022, 12:19:39 AM »

It's filled with anti-communist Hispanics and South Americans that hate communists like Antifa and BLM. 

There's also a lot Jewbans and other mixed Hispanics with Whites.  No Jew will never tell another Jew that they are a Democrat.  It's akin to Nazism where I live, and the religious communities in Miami-Dade (Conservative to Ultra-orthodox and many reform).  Some of Jews are torn between parties cause they make money as immigration and Fair Wage Laws, but that's getting rare at this point.  Many of the political refugee from Democrat States are Jews from NJ and NY who hate Cuomo and Murphy for their fascist policies.  Anyway, Jewish Groups calling for Nikki Fried (fake Jew) to resign for comparing DeSantis to Hitler, but it's really about the Democrats supporting groups that have committed numerous hate crimes and terrorist attacks against Jews. 

There's been an influx of 150,000 refugees in Miami-Dade, and another 100,000 in Broward.  The vast majority are Republicans and Conservative Independents.  I'd say half are Independents that we've got as solid Trump for election day. 

There are many liberal Republicans in Florida, and I'd consider DeSantis pretty liberal.  In fact, the Democrats seem to be the most conservative party in regards to fascists restricts on medical privacy, freedom of movement, and speech. 

The Black People are in Broward County, and the working class men are F-ing pissed at Democrat cause there's homeless people rummaging through their garbage and robbing their kids on the street cause they're drugged up.    You'll get about 65-75% of the black voters needed to beat DeSantis, and it's a moot point cause Democrats have no chance of closing these margins among Whites and Mixed race White/Hispanics. 

I think Miami-Dade will be very close.  If we keep registering as many refugees from up North at the same pace, then we could easily have double what we need to win Miami-Dade. 
Hollywood
« Reply #1593 on: January 18, 2022, 01:41:33 AM »

It's filled with anti-communist Hispanics and South Americans that hate communists like Antifa and BLM. 

There's also a lot Jewbans and other mixed Hispanics with Whites.  No Jew will never tell another Jew that they are a Democrat.  It's akin to Nazism where I live, and the religious communities in Miami-Dade (Conservative to Ultra-orthodox and many reform).  Some of Jews are torn between parties cause they make money as immigration and Fair Wage Laws, but that's getting rare at this point.  Many of the political refugee from Democrat States are Jews from NJ and NY who hate Cuomo and Murphy for their fascist policies.  Anyway, Jewish Groups calling for Nikki Fried (fake Jew) to resign for comparing DeSantis to Hitler, but it's really about the Democrats supporting groups that have committed numerous hate crimes and terrorist attacks against Jews. 

There's been an influx of 150,000 refugees in Miami-Dade, and another 100,000 in Broward.  The vast majority are Republicans and Conservative Independents.  I'd say half are Independents that we've got as solid Trump for election day. 

There are many liberal Republicans in Florida, and I'd consider DeSantis pretty liberal.  In fact, the Democrats seem to be the most conservative party in regards to fascists restricts on medical privacy, freedom of movement, and speech. 

The Black People are in Broward County, and the working class men are F-ing pissed at Democrat cause there's homeless people rummaging through their garbage and robbing their kids on the street cause they're drugged up.    You'll get about 65-75% of the black voters needed to beat DeSantis, and it's a moot point cause Democrats have no chance of closing these margins among Whites and Mixed race White/Hispanics. 

I think Miami-Dade will be very close.  If we keep registering as many refugees from up North at the same pace, then we could easily have double what we need to win Miami-Dade. 

Good.  I want Ds to think it's absurd. 
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1594 on: January 19, 2022, 12:57:26 AM »

Jesus Christ, that guy seems to ignore the existence of white supremacists in his country. They are crazy, yeah

For the love of god, how can you possibly say that someone who said this is a "fantastic guy"?

China can be predominantly Chinese and Nigeria can be predominantly Nigerian, why can't the U.S. - which was built up by Europeans - be predominantly European?

Like I said he has a very European view on that issue and his view would not be like that if he was American .

Also even if you think those views make him crazy, tell me do you not have a single friend or family member whose views you wouldnt consider crazy. If you dont then you are the one who is living in a bubble
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1595 on: January 19, 2022, 01:01:25 AM »

Jesus Christ, that guy seems to ignore the existence of white supremacists in his country. They are crazy, yeah

For the love of god, how can you possibly say that someone who said this is a "fantastic guy"?

China can be predominantly Chinese and Nigeria can be predominantly Nigerian, why can't the U.S. - which was built up by Europeans - be predominantly European?

Like I said he has a very European view on that issue and his view would not be like that if he was American .

Also even if you think those views make him crazy, tell me do you not have a single friend or family member whose views you wouldnt consider crazy. If you dont then you are the one who is living in a bubble

No I was clear talking in the context of DavidB there
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1596 on: January 19, 2022, 01:26:23 AM »

DavidB is indeed European, but his brand of white nationalism has equivalents on the other side of the Atlantic. There is no American exceptionalism and context does not justify moral relativism.

If DavidB was American,  he could have been a Trump supporter who stands for a White America.  No big difference with the European guy, actually
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1597 on: January 19, 2022, 01:28:01 AM »

DavidB is indeed European, but his brand of white nationalism has equivalents on the other side of the Atlantic. There is no American exceptionalism and context does not justify moral relativism.

If DavidB was American,  he could have been a Trump supporter who stands for a White America.  No big difference with the European guy, actually

DavidB is not a white nationalist , its just his concept on what makes a nation a nation is different due to being European
Velasco
andi
Junior Chimp
Western Sahara

« Reply #1598 on: January 19, 2022, 02:16:10 AM »

DavidB is not a white nationalist , its just his concept on what makes a nation a nation is different due to being European

Let me tell you that Europeans are mostly white. US supremacists and European far-right radicals share a common belief a white and christian civilization besieged by immigrants and minorities.

The views of DavidB on nation and ethnicity are not shared by all Europeans. I think that theory of the Great Replacement is very popular among certain people in the right like DavidB himself,  not by the European mainstream. For sure US supremacists believe in the Great Replacement. In the end, his brand of nationalism aims to preserve the "European Civilization" on both sides of the Atlantic. I won't delve into the personal contradictions of that poster here, just point that it's ignorant to ignore the transatlantic connections existing between far-right radicals
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1599 on: January 19, 2022, 02:18:06 AM »

Let me tell you that Europeans are mostly white. US supremacists and European far-right radicals share a common belief a white and christian civilization besieged by immigrants and minorities.

The views of DavidB on nation and ethnicity are not shared by all Europeans. I think that theory of the Great Replacement is very popular among certain people in the right like DavidB himself,  not by the European mainstream. For sure US supremacists believe in the Great Replacement. In the end, his brand of nationalism aims to preserve the "European Civilization" on both sides of the Atlantic. I won't delve into the personal contradictions of that poster here, just point that it's ignorant to ignore the transatlantic connections existing between far-right radicals

DavidB has been a good Atlas buddy of mine since 2015 and I can tell you he isnt what you think he is.

Keep in mind polls have shown European Conservatives generally are to the right of American conservatives on immigration
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 128  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies