The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 01:39:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX
« previous next »
Thread note
Do not repost count you think may be moderated content here.

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 129
Author Topic: The Atlas Asylum of absurd/ignorant posts IX  (Read 173535 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1300 on: August 21, 2021, 05:16:34 PM »

America is the dominant economic, cultural, scientific, and military power in the world.  Our ideas of geopolitical morality have dominated the global conversation for over a century since Wilson's Fourteen Points.  The Apollo Program, the Manhattan Project, the invention of the internet, our victories in WW2 and the Cold War, and the eradication/mitigation of most deadly diseases, are all tremendous accomplishments that will still be studied and talked about 1,000 years from now.  We have built most of the engineering marvels of the modern world, including the Hoover Dam, the Panama Canal, the transcontinental railroad, the interstate highway system, the Golden Gate Bridge and (until 1998) all the world's skyscrapers. We have the highest standard of living in the world[/b] and continue to push the envelope on what that even means. We take civil rights more seriously than any other nation in the worldand continue to use our global influence to force other nations to follow our lead, improving life for billions of people around the globe.

Yes, we are a great country.  Four years of having used toilet paper for a president doesn't change that.

You know people think I hate the US, which is untrue, there's a lot to like and dislike, but this is delusional.

It’s amusing in that it’s regurgitating the sort of mindless, jingoistic propaganda that we tend to think to stereotype the Americans of spouting off when we want to think the worst of Americans. Luckily there are enough thoughtful posters on here to mean that is obviously not the case. But wow was it why it eye opening to realize that there are actually people like that. Pretty sad to be so brainwashed that you can ever admit your country might have flaws.

What exactly did he say that you disagree with?
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1301 on: August 21, 2021, 06:38:59 PM »

America is the dominant economic, cultural, scientific, and military power in the world.  Our ideas of geopolitical morality have dominated the global conversation for over a century since Wilson's Fourteen Points.  The Apollo Program, the Manhattan Project, the invention of the internet, our victories in WW2 and the Cold War, and the eradication/mitigation of most deadly diseases, are all tremendous accomplishments that will still be studied and talked about 1,000 years from now.  We have built most of the engineering marvels of the modern world, including the Hoover Dam, the Panama Canal, the transcontinental railroad, the interstate highway system, the Golden Gate Bridge and (until 1998) all the world's skyscrapers. We have the highest standard of living in the world[/b] and continue to push the envelope on what that even means. We take civil rights more seriously than any other nation in the worldand continue to use our global influence to force other nations to follow our lead, improving life for billions of people around the globe.

Yes, we are a great country.  Four years of having used toilet paper for a president doesn't change that.

You know people think I hate the US, which is untrue, there's a lot to like and dislike, but this is delusional.

It’s amusing in that it’s regurgitating the sort of mindless, jingoistic propaganda that we tend to think to stereotype the Americans of spouting off when we want to think the worst of Americans. Luckily there are enough thoughtful posters on here to mean that is obviously not the case. But wow was it why it eye opening to realize that there are actually people like that. Pretty sad to be so brainwashed that you can ever admit your country might have flaws.

Well living standards and civil rights are objectively not true. The rest is often debatable or partially true (taking credit for the eradication of deadly diseases when antibiotics and vaccinations are both British inventions). But it’s not really the point, it’s the insistence of having to be « great ». I mean, I could cherry pick a bunch of things to make out Switzerland was a « great » country, but I don’t, because it’s just nation building propaganda to feel the need to do it. Like, be proud of your country by all means, but at least accept that it’s ambiguous and that every country deserves to be criticized. And if you want to be proud of your country at least do it in a way that doesn’t sound like a military recruitment poster
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1302 on: August 22, 2021, 04:59:15 PM »

Well living standards and civil rights are objectively not true. The rest is often debatable or partially true (taking credit for the eradication of deadly diseases when antibiotics and vaccinations are both British inventions). But it’s not really the point, it’s the insistence of having to be « great ». I mean, I could cherry pick a bunch of things to make out Switzerland was a « great » country, but I don’t, because it’s just nation building propaganda to feel the need to do it. Like, be proud of your country by all means, but at least accept that it’s ambiguous and that every country deserves to be criticized. And if you want to be proud of your country at least do it in a way that doesn’t sound like a military recruitment poster

I agree on living standards. GMac has a weirdly rosy view of the American standard of living. There are parts of this country that are literally indistinguishable from a 3rd world nation, and even Americans with "high" quality of life are crippled by preventable diseases (usually related to the horrible food they eat), a lack of exercise, and cities that are constructed in ways that are genuinely hostile to human life.

Civil rights, on the other hand, is not "objectively" quantifiable. If the comparison is a handful of other western nations, then yes, we've continued to lag behind in a number of categories. Compared to the world as a whole though, the US is easily among the most inclusive societies on the planet. Sometimes I feel like left-wingers avoid comparing the US to, say, India-- because to them it feels like comparing apples and oranges. This isn't true.

Regardless, I don't think that GMac singing the praises of the US necessarily means that he ignores the innumerable problems we face, or that he thinks we're perfect. I think you are projecting that onto him because of your reflexive dislike of American jingoism.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #1303 on: August 22, 2021, 05:30:11 PM »

I agree on living standards. GMac has a weirdly rosy view of the American standard of living. There are parts of this country that are literally indistinguishable from a 3rd world nation, and even Americans with "high" quality of life are crippled by preventable diseases (usually related to the horrible food they eat), a lack of exercise, and cities that are constructed in ways that are genuinely hostile to human life.

Civil rights, on the other hand, is not "objectively" quantifiable. If the comparison is a handful of other western nations, then yes, we've continued to lag behind in a number of categories. Compared to the world as a whole though, the US is easily among the most inclusive societies on the planet. Sometimes I feel like left-wingers avoid comparing the US to, say, India-- because to them it feels like comparing apples and oranges. This isn't true.

Regardless, I don't think that GMac singing the praises of the US necessarily means that he ignores the innumerable problems we face, or that he thinks we're perfect. I think you are projecting that onto him because of your reflexive dislike of American jingoism.

I reflectively dislike all jingoism! If I seem to attack the US version more often (and you'll notice how I've probably attacked the French version more viciously in recent times), it is because - for obvious reasons, there is more of it on a site with an overwhelmingly US user base and US focus. Luckily we don't have many Hindutva or CCP types on here, because they are obviously worse. No-one will deny it, and it's not even a question that needs to be asked. The problem with GMac, or this post in particular, is that it has been accompanied by a pretty callous attitude towards Afghans and refusal to accept criticism of the US's actions in light of recent events. In that context, that post displaying a particularly unpleasant side of US nationalism (and there are posters here who I do think manage to be patriotic in a much more agreeable way, including among the yellow avatars) struck a sore chord - and obviously did so with a number of other posters.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1304 on: August 23, 2021, 08:57:30 AM »
« Edited: August 23, 2021, 09:16:19 AM by Mr. Kanye West »

That DeSamtis will lead us to another Reagan Revolution by many R pollsters 2025(2033, he is losing now to Crist 57/43%

Rs think Tim Ryan, Abby Fink and Cheri Beasley are finished because Biden withdrew Troops from Afghanistan, LOL BIDEN ISNT FINISHED UNLESS WE HAVE ANOTHER TERROR ATTACK, LISTENING TO FOX NEWS FOR SURE, EVERYONE but Gerardo are Trump Loyalist and Gerardo marched in 1964 MLK I have a dream speech

FOX NEWS ISNT REAL NEWS EXCEPT Geraldo Rivera, SECULAR MEDIA
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1305 on: August 23, 2021, 09:28:39 AM »

That DeSamtis will lead us to another Reagan Revolution by many R pollsters 2025(2033, he is losing now to Crist 57/43%

Rs think Tim Ryan, Abby Fink and Cheri Beasley are finished because Biden withdrew Troops from Afghanistan, LOL BIDEN ISNT FINISHED UNLESS WE HAVE ANOTHER TERROR ATTACK, LISTENING TO FOX NEWS FOR SURE, EVERYONE but Gerardo are Trump Loyalist and Gerardo marched in 1964 MLK I have a dream speech

The simple truths thread is this way, king.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1306 on: August 23, 2021, 10:30:51 AM »

The simple truths thread is this way, king.
I presume he was talking about how the idea that "That DeSamtis will lead us to another Reagan Revolution" is absurd.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1307 on: August 23, 2021, 12:54:52 PM »

good, they can be the guinea pigs testing if the clot shot is actually safe and do something of use for society for the first time in generations

Ah yes, the "clot shot" that has led to zero blood clots. And once again the mods are being useless when it comes to outright disinformation.
CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #1308 on: August 23, 2021, 02:51:29 PM »

I'm this close to just starting to report everybody who uses "misinformation" in a post for trolling. I never see "misinformation" or "disinformation" used without irony on posts that don't read like either trolling or proof the poster is unable to actually read or think.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1309 on: August 25, 2021, 12:12:58 AM »

Strickland lost because he said Scalias death was good for America,

Why the polls showed Ryan tied with all R challengers, if you really think D's can't win Ohio again, that is inaccurate just because a massive wave and we lost seats in the Senate

Can we wait for polls in IA, NC and OH Senate before we assume the obvious, Trump won Mahoning County I'm 2016/2020 and OH have Afro Americans in it that's why Blks voted for Brown

Clinton in 1996 won OH and he didn't win 50% of the vote

Just wait until 2022/ when Ryan all we have to do is vote

Midterm jinx don't matter that much because since 2002, Voters have been voting Congresses in with their Prez, Eisenhower, Nixon, and Clinton had opposite party Congresses because D's and Rs worked together, the Rs are an OBSTRUCTIONIST party

They are using the Filibuster to obstruct not pass legislation

It's a 52/48 Senate but in a wave OH, NC and IA are our path to DC Statehood and 55 seats which is possible in 500 days, it's a long time til Election

just....sooooooooooo bad on so many levels
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1310 on: August 25, 2021, 08:49:18 PM »

You had to ruin [your sig] with the Axne and Finkenhuer.

Quote from: Girlytree's Sig
“Don’t vote blue no matter who. Vote anti establishment no matter who.”~Kim Iversen

Hillary 2024
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #1311 on: August 26, 2021, 12:48:23 PM »

2022: Maggie Hassan, Catherine Cortez Masto, Raphael Warnock, Mark Kelly

2024: Joe Manchin, Sherrod Brown, John Tester, Tammy Baldwin, and Jacky Rosen

2026 (assuming a Donald Trump midterm election): John Cornyn, Dan Sullivan, Roger Marshall, Steve Daines, and Bill Cassidy (John Bel Edwards will make this race very competitive assuming Roe v. Wade is overturned in a 5-4 decision in 2022)

Why are we assuming a Trump midterm in 2026?
Because Donald Trump has a 99% chance of getting elected again in 2024. Also, I would add Martin Heinrich to my 2024 list of DOA Senators considering that Donald Trump will pick up New Mexico if he runs in 2024.

No words.

Except for HAHAHAHAHA
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1312 on: August 26, 2021, 12:48:56 PM »

New phase of the Afghanistan War where the US recognizes the Taliban and gives them guns to take down ISIS

Nah, this isn't the Cold War, if we cared that much about ISIS we'd just kill them ourselves.  As long as ISIS isn't controlling territory or threatening westerners America's just gonna let these psychos spend their time killing each other.

Would be nice if we could get a propaganda machine going in the Middle East to whip up rivalry and hatred between different terrorist organizations.  I know they already hate each other for the most part, but it would be cool if we could convince al-Qaeda that their greatest enemy is the Taliban and get them to depose the regime for us.

Because Al-Qaeda taking over Afghanistan is totally a good outcome.....
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1313 on: August 27, 2021, 01:00:36 PM »

Illinois. The North Side of Chicago is suburban in character even if the South Side isn't. The suburbs of Chicago are growing rapidly, and they have more votes than rural Illinois.

This is a wild take!
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1314 on: August 27, 2021, 03:13:28 PM »

You'd think that, in a nation supposedly concerned about police violence, a cop claiming he “saved countless lives” without evidence by pumping a bullet at point blank range into the throat of an unarmed woman would provoke outrage from these people. Not today, I guess.

Click thread for context
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #1315 on: August 27, 2021, 03:14:17 PM »

You'd think that, in a nation supposedly concerned about police violence, a cop claiming he “saved countless lives” without evidence by pumping a bullet at point blank range into the throat of an unarmed woman would provoke outrage from these people. Not today, I guess.

Click thread for context
Honestly the whole thread should just be crossposted here.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1316 on: August 27, 2021, 05:04:54 PM »

yes. both were entirely peaceful protests that got misunderstood by the media.

Click thread for context
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #1317 on: August 27, 2021, 06:30:28 PM »

yes. both were entirely peaceful protests that got misunderstood by the media.

Click thread for context
Posting that TrevorTheGroyper sock or whoever it is is cheating.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1318 on: August 27, 2021, 09:28:37 PM »

mass arrests of news reporters for mentioning covid at all along with permanently shutting down the msm seems like a better and better policy as time goes on
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1319 on: August 27, 2021, 09:33:54 PM »

considering it's not anyone's property, being the capital building 'tresspassing' as an argument comes off as trolling tbh
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1320 on: August 27, 2021, 09:59:14 PM »
« Edited: August 27, 2021, 10:05:42 PM by wants to resurrect the bull moose party »

mass arrests of news reporters for mentioning covid at all along with permanently shutting down the msm seems like a better and better policy as time goes on

I take that you have no issue with the CCP trying to cover up the initial spread of COVID-19 in Wuhan, yes?
given what their eventually paying attention to it led to with 2020's BS? correct, the ccp should have kept a lid on covid reporting
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1321 on: August 28, 2021, 08:18:31 AM »

This guy is too low hanging fruit. Please don't post him in here from now on.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #1322 on: August 28, 2021, 12:06:17 PM »

I think it's hilarious. That's what these state department ghouls and CIA spooks get for choosing evil careers. I wouldn't be surprised if "Havana Syndrome" was just a catch all term for hypochondriacs, drug addicts, and guilty consciences.
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #1323 on: August 28, 2021, 12:09:09 PM »

I think it's hilarious. That's what these state department ghouls and CIA spooks get for choosing evil careers. I wouldn't be surprised if "Havana Syndrome" was just a catch all term for hypochondriacs, drug addicts, and guilty consciences.

When I'm right, I'm right 🤣🤣🤣
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1324 on: August 28, 2021, 04:20:25 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 ... 129  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies