Fox News: Perdue+3, Cunningham+2, Cornyn+10 (GA, NC, TX) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:48:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  Fox News: Perdue+3, Cunningham+2, Cornyn+10 (GA, NC, TX) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fox News: Perdue+3, Cunningham+2, Cornyn+10 (GA, NC, TX)  (Read 1685 times)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 25, 2020, 06:27:00 PM »

Also Strange how Ossoff is underperforming Biden

Perdue probably outperforms Trump. He is less divisive and thus will probably do better in the Atlanta suburbs.

People make jokes about it all the time but the fact is that Johnny Isakson far outperformed Trump in 2016 precisely because he did way better in the suburbs. Given Perdue's genericness, it's not hard to imagine him also doing so, though definitely not to the same degree.

It’s a meme here dating back to when Del Tachi told us that Perdue would do a lot better in metro Atlanta than Trump and Kemp. I could see him doing a point or two better in margin, but nothing more than that. The days of ticket-splitting in Georgia by significant amounts are all-but dead. In 2018, the margins in all the races ranged from R+1 (SoS and Gov) to R+6 (the incumbent, non-controversial R incumbent). Perdue isn’t the one that’s going to buck that trend
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 06:34:07 PM »

Every Republican senator will get more or less the same number as Trump. For better or worse, after their impeachment vote they are joined at the hip with him.

With Daines and McConnell being the notable exceptions,  I agree
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 06:54:07 PM »

Every Republican senator will get more or less the same number as Trump. For better or worse, after their impeachment vote they are joined at the hip with him.

With Daines and McConnell being the notable exceptions,  I agree

What about Tillis? He’ll probably run behind by a point or two

Most other Republicans I think will be within 1-2 points of Trump, either behind or ahead (that includes Susan Collins and John Cornyn). John Cornyn is really lucky that if Biden does win Texas, it will likely be by a tiny margin, so he doesn’t need so many ticket splitters to hold on.

I should also add a potential Kobach nomination to the list—if he’s the nominee, he’s going to do significantly worse than Trump. KS-sen goes to a tossup
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 07:06:21 PM »

With Daines and McConnell being the notable exceptions,  I agree

What about Tillis? He’ll probably run behind by a point or two

Most other Republicans I think will be within 1-2 points of Trump, either behind or ahead (that includes Susan Collins and John Cornyn). John Cornyn is really lucky that if Biden does win Texas, it will likely be by a tiny margin, so he doesn’t need so many ticket splitters to hold on.

I should also add a potential Kobach nomination to the list—if he’s the nominee, he’s going to do significantly worse than Trump. KS-sen goes to a tossup
Really? I’ve seen some people say she’ll ourun him by 3-5 points and that Gideon only wins if Biden is carrying Maine by 5 points or more (which, tbh isn’t that hard to do)

Everyone has their own opinions, and that’s mine. Susan Collins has become such a national joke over the last two years that I don’t think anyone takes her “independent minded approach” gaslighting seriously anymore. One of the few good political moves that Democrats have made of their own accord (read: without a Trump assist) in the last four years is expose Collins as the fraud she is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies