BLM leader calls for system to burn, calls for war on police
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 10:26:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BLM leader calls for system to burn, calls for war on police
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BLM leader calls for system to burn, calls for war on police  (Read 415 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 25, 2020, 01:47:13 PM »

This is why people can't gel with BLM.....

Hawk Newsome, president of the Greater New York Black Lives Matter, reiterated that if the movement doesn’t get what it wants, it will "burn down this system.”

His comments came Wednesday evening during an interview on the Fox News show “The Story With Martha MacCallum.”

MacCallum had questioned him about comments he'd made in the past regarding the need for violence in certain situations.

He replied that he had said: “If this country doesn't give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it. All right? And I could be speaking ... figuratively. I could be speaking literally. It's a matter of interpretation.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/black-lives-matter-hank-newsome-maccallum/2020/06/25/id/974133/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8384065/Black-Lives-Matter-leader-declares-war-police.html
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2020, 05:48:04 PM »

Per usual, Fox News intentionally tracks down the scariest black man they can to warn them of the rampaging negro hordes that will come about if Trump loses.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 07:05:01 PM »

Title is misleading and most Americans support BLM, not sure where you get people won't 'gel with it'
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 07:19:07 PM »

Title is misleading and most Americans support BLM, not sure where you get people won't 'gel with it'

Most Americans support the slogan, but do they actually support the movement?
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 07:26:56 PM »

Uh... yes.

https://civiqs.com/results/black_lives_matter?uncertainty=true&annotations=true&zoomIn=true
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2020, 07:37:57 PM »

I stand corrected.  I do doubt that most Americans have read what's on the BLM website.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 08:06:19 PM »
« Edited: June 25, 2020, 08:10:18 PM by Ghost of Ruin »

(From a longer thread on 'this is how you get revolutions that turn out poorly':
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 09:31:49 PM »

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 10:08:48 PM »

One of those black lives matter guys also said Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death.

Oh no wait, sorry that was somebody else...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 10:14:53 PM »

I stand corrected.  I do doubt that most Americans have read what's on the BLM website.

BLM has a website? You are under the misimpression that BLM is anything remotely close to a United organization like labor unions or the NRA.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2020, 10:22:07 PM »

BLM has a website? You are under the misimpression that BLM is anything remotely close to a United organization like labor unions or the NRA.
I was under the impression that they ARE an actual organization, one that I have taken issue with actually on a few occasions. Most of tjhe movement though, especially in the last 2 or 3 years, is not directly affiliated wjth the organization, though they share almost identical goals.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2020, 10:32:10 PM »

I was under the impression that they ARE an actual organization, one that I have taken issue with actually on a few occasions. Most of tjhe movement though, especially in the last 2 or 3 years, is not directly affiliated wjth the organization, though they share almost identical goals.

There are various nonprofits that use the BLM moniker, but they are very Loosely coordinated at best, and hardly encompass the actual BLM movement itself.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2020, 11:23:29 PM »

There are various nonprofits that use the BLM moniker, but they are very Loosely coordinated at best, and hardly encompass the actual BLM movement itself.

I guess it's complicated.  The BLM website claims that three women founded the movement and the organization.  I should probably look more into it.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2020, 12:29:29 AM »

I guess it's complicated.  The BLM website claims that three women founded the movement and the organization.  I should probably look more into it.
The one thing that is certain is that they have no control over a big section of the movement.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies