Alaskans will vote on a ranked-choice voting system this November (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:08:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alaskans will vote on a ranked-choice voting system this November (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alaskans will vote on a ranked-choice voting system this November  (Read 4796 times)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« on: June 21, 2020, 11:58:44 AM »

Awesome!
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 01:46:18 PM »

Yes it looks like its gonna pass! also I sent an email to FairVote and they want me to apply for an internship for them Im definitely gonna do it! get ready for Murkowski vs Palin vs a Democrat and an Independent or Libertarian in 2022 I wonder how this hybrid Jungle primary rcv system will work out it will make Alaskan elections more fun to watch then they already normally are haha.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 06:23:55 PM »

This should be interesting to watch, as well as the inevitable court challenges that will result.
Theirs legal precedent to protect RCV now Maine Republicans tried to strike down RCV a bunch of times and got turned down by the courts and then took it to the ballot again in 2018 and voters voted for RCV again People generally like RCV when its implemented because it makes elections a lot less nasty as people arent just campaigning for your first pref but your second and third
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 06:51:05 PM »

This should be interesting to watch, as well as the inevitable court challenges that will result.
Theirs legal precedent to protect RCV now Maine Republicans tried to strike down RCV a bunch of times and got turned down by the courts and then took it to the ballot again in 2018 and voters voted for RCV again People generally like RCV when its implemented because it makes elections a lot less nasty as people arent just campaigning for your first pref but your second and third
Why did it have to fail in MA though ughhhhh
Yeah that was a real bummer surprised me I figured it would pass in MA and fail in AK looks like it went the other way around.  It did pass in 5 cities though and St Louis will be the first are in the country to try Approval voting which imo is even more representative than RCV! in 6/7 elections (Assuming it passes in AK) where RCV is on the ballot it passed this year which is good!
https://www.fairvote.org/election_results_hq#election_results_hq_ballot_measures
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 02:08:03 AM »

RCV ahead by 400 votes now!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies