Skai Jackson: The poster child of the authoritarian activist left (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:41:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Skai Jackson: The poster child of the authoritarian activist left (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Skai Jackson: The poster child of the authoritarian activist left  (Read 1787 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« on: June 21, 2020, 03:20:07 AM »

This is how our kids are being raised. Be self-righteous. Be cruel. Take massive, disproportionate vengeance against anyone you dislike. Join the mob. Burn torches and carry pitchforks. Anyone who disagrees with you or your methods is a villain who deserves everything that's coming to them. Anyone who agrees with you is wholly justified in any action they may take. Betray your friends. Rat out your classmates. Appeal only to the authority of the crowd. And most importantly, take no responsibility for the suffering you inflict upon others.

I try to be empathetic with the left. Lord knows, I try. But things like this make me feel empty in the pit of my stomach. When I look at the values that my generation is being raised on, I am not optimistic. This is different from the garden-variety teenage awfulness we're all used to-- this is the mentality of a Hitler Youth member snitching on his parents for criticizing The Party. It's not ok.

The activist left goes more off the rails every day, and the longer the (vast majority) of sane center-left people in this country avoid their reckoning with them, the harder it will be to rein them in. Please, Democrats and left-leaners, do not allow these people to wield political power until they have something constructive to do with it.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 01:05:19 AM »

We live in a cruel, bitter, quasi-barbaric society that values punishment and humiliation over education and empathy. This manifests itself in a myriad ways - including, clearly, among movements whose stated goal is to change that. But the idea that this represents a specific ideological failing of "SJWs" or "PC culture gone wild" or whatnot is ludicrous and can only be maintained with an extreme degree of selective outrage.

Perhaps some of the outrage is selective, but that's only because far-left activists will clearly be a bigger problem in the long term than far-right ones due to the demographic makeup of the country right now.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 02:28:02 AM »

Huh, I didn't think you'd be a proponent of the "demographics is destiny" line of thought. Usually the people who trot it out are either libs (who salute it as the magical solution to their political incompetence) or far-rightists (who see it as the end of civilization and whatnot).

Anyway, no, this is ludicrous. The current structure of American society has a clear and obvious way in favor of the far-right and against the far-left (just look at how the police treats the Proud Boys compared to BLM) and this isn't going to magically change when more brown people get in. It's just not how societies work.

It's definitely going to change when the activist left of my generation starts to get into government and craft policy. AOC is merely a harbinger of what's to come. When the Bernie Sanders/2008 financial crisis generation starts to get involved in US economic policy... that's when it'll get bad.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your optimism and I hope you're right.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2020, 06:51:37 PM »

not at all, it was just regular lefties that doxed that Covington kid for smiling uncomfortably after that lying Indian got in his face.  I'm sure there have been been non-leftists that have doxed kids too.  Every time it's done, we should talk sh**t on the assholes that did it, reguardless their politics.

Yeah, and that was the point of my post. It wasn't the angle of the article that Dule posted, though.

So? By calling out a particular instance of this behavior, the article condemns all behavior of this kind. If an article is written condemning a white supremacist terror attack, it doesn't have to end with "Btw, we also condemn all acts of terrorism, especially those by Muslim extremists, which make up the vast majority of terror attacks." It's implied that if you condemn this instance of doxing, you condemn doxing in general.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 05:02:32 AM »

Oh come on. The activist left is just the noisiest part of the Zoomer generation and it isn't bound to have any power. It's not like boomer politics became dominated by Weather Underground as they aged into power. This just isn't a real issue.

We're talking about a generation that went through college being told that the Weather Underground was something they should emulate.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 09:20:27 PM »

The only person who should be doxing a child is the libertarian grooming her.

Why would you dox your own child bride? That's a good way to invite unwanted attention.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2020, 12:06:53 AM »
« Edited: June 25, 2020, 12:10:02 AM by Capitol Hill Occupied Distributive Enclave »

The only person who should be doxing a child is the libertarian grooming her.

Why would you dox your own child bride? That's a good way to invite unwanted attention.
Do you speak from experience?

I'm an internet libertarian; of course I have a child harem, build pipe bombs in my garage, commit tax evasion and hate poor people.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2020, 12:12:05 AM »

Random left wing twitter user doxes kid
Right wing president cages children en masse
Clearly both sides are just as bad

Try as you might, you will never successfully goad me into defending Fat Donny.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies