Skai Jackson: The poster child of the authoritarian activist left
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:44:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Skai Jackson: The poster child of the authoritarian activist left
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Skai Jackson: The poster child of the authoritarian activist left  (Read 1773 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2020, 03:20:07 AM »

This is how our kids are being raised. Be self-righteous. Be cruel. Take massive, disproportionate vengeance against anyone you dislike. Join the mob. Burn torches and carry pitchforks. Anyone who disagrees with you or your methods is a villain who deserves everything that's coming to them. Anyone who agrees with you is wholly justified in any action they may take. Betray your friends. Rat out your classmates. Appeal only to the authority of the crowd. And most importantly, take no responsibility for the suffering you inflict upon others.

I try to be empathetic with the left. Lord knows, I try. But things like this make me feel empty in the pit of my stomach. When I look at the values that my generation is being raised on, I am not optimistic. This is different from the garden-variety teenage awfulness we're all used to-- this is the mentality of a Hitler Youth member snitching on his parents for criticizing The Party. It's not ok.

The activist left goes more off the rails every day, and the longer the (vast majority) of sane center-left people in this country avoid their reckoning with them, the harder it will be to rein them in. Please, Democrats and left-leaners, do not allow these people to wield political power until they have something constructive to do with it.
AtorBoltox

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 09:11:38 AM »

who
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 09:51:53 AM »

an SJW with a half a million Twitter followers who she uses to dox children...it's all in the quote
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 10:27:26 AM »

Yikes

That's messed up
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 10:30:51 AM »

Doxing minors should be illegal, if it isn't already.
jaymichaud
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 3.10, S: -7.83

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 01:41:06 PM »

Azealia was right all along.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 08:52:00 PM »

We live in a cruel, bitter, quasi-barbaric society that values punishment and humiliation over education and empathy. This manifests itself in a myriad ways - including, clearly, among movements whose stated goal is to change that. But the idea that this represents a specific ideological failing of "SJWs" or "PC culture gone wild" or whatnot is ludicrous and can only be maintained with an extreme degree of selective outrage.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 01:05:19 AM »

We live in a cruel, bitter, quasi-barbaric society that values punishment and humiliation over education and empathy. This manifests itself in a myriad ways - including, clearly, among movements whose stated goal is to change that. But the idea that this represents a specific ideological failing of "SJWs" or "PC culture gone wild" or whatnot is ludicrous and can only be maintained with an extreme degree of selective outrage.

Perhaps some of the outrage is selective, but that's only because far-left activists will clearly be a bigger problem in the long term than far-right ones due to the demographic makeup of the country right now.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 07:26:15 PM »

Perhaps some of the outrage is selective, but that's only because far-left activists will clearly be a bigger problem in the long term than far-right ones due to the demographic makeup of the country right now.

Huh, I didn't think you'd be a proponent of the "demographics is destiny" line of thought. Usually the people who trot it out are either libs (who salute it as the magical solution to their political incompetence) or far-rightists (who see it as the end of civilization and whatnot).

Anyway, no, this is ludicrous. The current structure of American society has a clear and obvious way in favor of the far-right and against the far-left (just look at how the police treats the Proud Boys compared to BLM) and this isn't going to magically change when more brown people get in. It's just not how societies work.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 02:28:02 AM »

Huh, I didn't think you'd be a proponent of the "demographics is destiny" line of thought. Usually the people who trot it out are either libs (who salute it as the magical solution to their political incompetence) or far-rightists (who see it as the end of civilization and whatnot).

Anyway, no, this is ludicrous. The current structure of American society has a clear and obvious way in favor of the far-right and against the far-left (just look at how the police treats the Proud Boys compared to BLM) and this isn't going to magically change when more brown people get in. It's just not how societies work.

It's definitely going to change when the activist left of my generation starts to get into government and craft policy. AOC is merely a harbinger of what's to come. When the Bernie Sanders/2008 financial crisis generation starts to get involved in US economic policy... that's when it'll get bad.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your optimism and I hope you're right.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 08:44:58 AM »

I hope we can all agree that harassing and doxxing 13-year-olds is wrong, or at the very least inappropriate. What is a 13-year-old doing making a comment like that, though? Kids need to understand that when they post something online, they are shouting it to the whole world.

I fully agree that we as a society need more education and empathy, and less humiliation and punishment. How do we accomplish that, other than starting with ourselves and the way we treat others?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 01:25:46 PM »

are there non-SJWs currently doxing children?  We will gladly talk sh**t on them too.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2020, 01:32:04 PM »

American society may have a shared amount of power at the level of government but when it comes to the influence in media and academia, the left clearly dominates.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 02:02:08 PM »

are there non-SJWs currently doxing children?

...do you seriously, honestly think that's an open question? No, I don't have a specific instance in mind, because guess what, I'm not going around looking for and recording all instances of doxxing on the internet, but do you seriously think it's a "SJW"-specific issue?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 02:14:15 PM »

...do you seriously, honestly think that's an open question? No, I don't have a specific instance in mind, because guess what, I'm not going around looking for and recording all instances of doxxing on the internet, but do you seriously think it's a "SJW"-specific issue?
not at all, it was just regular lefties that doxed that Covington kid for smiling uncomfortably after that lying Indian got in his face.  I'm sure there have been been non-leftists that have doxed kids too.  Every time it's done, we should talk sh**t on the assholes that did it, reguardless their politics.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 02:26:05 PM »

not at all, it was just regular lefties that doxed that Covington kid for smiling uncomfortably after that lying Indian got in his face.  I'm sure there have been been non-leftists that have doxed kids too.  Every time it's done, we should talk sh**t on the assholes that did it, reguardless their politics.

Yeah, and that was the point of my post. It wasn't the angle of the article that Dule posted, though.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 02:32:35 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2020, 02:36:42 PM by Trends are real, and I f**king hate it »

American society may have a shared amount of power at the level of government but when it comes to the influence in media and academia, the left clearly dominates.

Uh, no. The mainstream media traffics in facile pseudo-centrist both-sides narratives and sensationalistic bullsh*t that typically (though by no means always) redound on the right's favor. And of course it's flanked explicit Republican propaganda vehicles like, you know, the most watched news channel in the country. As for academia, there's a pretty huge gap between the politics of undergrads on campus (who are almost no power except as a slight nuisance) and those of the faculty, which lean liberal at best but with huge variance (I'm seeing that in my own department). The administration, meanwhile, act like your standard corporate managers: they pay lip service to woke causes when it gives them good publicity while doing nothing substantive to advance them (and in the meantime continue to squeeze their workers for all they're worth).

This braindead narrative really needs to f**king die.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 04:20:21 PM »
« Edited: June 23, 2020, 04:24:24 PM by lfromnj »

Uh, no. The mainstream media traffics in facile pseudo-centrist both-sides narratives and sensationalistic bullsh*t that typically (though by no means always) redound on the right's favor. And of course it's flanked explicit Republican propaganda vehicles like, you know, the most watched news channel in the country. As for academia, there's a pretty huge gap between the politics of undergrads on campus (who are almost no power except as a slight nuisance) and those of the faculty, which lean liberal at best but with huge variance (I'm seeing that in my own department). The administration, meanwhile, act like your standard corporate managers: they pay lip service to woke causes when it gives them good publicity while doing nothing substantive to advance them (and in the meantime continue to squeeze their workers for all they're worth).

No its your BS overton window that sees the media as centrist, the media is clearly attached to what is the left in this country, the same happens with Academia which you feel isn't far left enough because it isn't your politics despite it clearly being left of the country.

Your braindead narrative needs to die.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 06:24:54 PM »

maeks u think
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2020, 06:51:37 PM »

Yeah, and that was the point of my post. It wasn't the angle of the article that Dule posted, though.

So? By calling out a particular instance of this behavior, the article condemns all behavior of this kind. If an article is written condemning a white supremacist terror attack, it doesn't have to end with "Btw, we also condemn all acts of terrorism, especially those by Muslim extremists, which make up the vast majority of terror attacks." It's implied that if you condemn this instance of doxing, you condemn doxing in general.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 07:24:24 PM »

So? By calling out a particular instance of this behavior, the article condemns all behavior of this kind. If an article is written condemning a white supremacist terror attack, it doesn't have to end with "Btw, we also condemn all acts of terrorism, especially those by Muslim extremists, which make up the vast majority of terror attacks." It's implied that if you condemn this instance of doxing, you condemn doxing in general.

Condemning bad behavior is always fine. But when you use bad behavior as evidence for a specific narrative, then obviously that narrative can be challenged based on whether or not it's borne out empirically. I just don't buy that muh PC culture drives a wave of doxxing the way white supremacist ideology is radicalizing a number of white men and leading some of them toward violent action. The difference is that there's non-anecdotal evidence for the latter.
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 07:54:42 PM »

It's definitely going to change when the activist left of my generation starts to get into government and craft policy. AOC is merely a harbinger of what's to come. When the Bernie Sanders/2008 financial crisis generation starts to get involved in US economic policy... that's when it'll get bad.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your optimism and I hope you're right.

Oh come on. The activist left is just the noisiest part of the Zoomer generation and it isn't bound to have any power. It's not like boomer politics became dominated by Weather Underground as they aged into power. This just isn't a real issue.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2020, 05:02:32 AM »

Oh come on. The activist left is just the noisiest part of the Zoomer generation and it isn't bound to have any power. It's not like boomer politics became dominated by Weather Underground as they aged into power. This just isn't a real issue.

We're talking about a generation that went through college being told that the Weather Underground was something they should emulate.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2020, 09:52:42 AM »

Jesus Christ.
I’m from the auth-left and even I think this is vile and disgusting.
This wokeness battle has been going on far too long, it’s time for the police to intervene.

And for those of you saying “not all Zoomers”, I warn you, a lot of younger people are being tricked into thinking this is acceptable behavior. First they defend Rayshard Brooks for grabbing a taser and attacking an officer, now they defend literal doxxing.

They will stop at nothing for their twisted view of “racial justice”.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2020, 09:54:21 AM »

No its your BS overton window that sees the media as centrist, the media is clearly attached to what is the left in this country, the same happens with Academia which you feel isn't far left enough because it isn't your politics despite it clearly being left of the country.

Your braindead narrative needs to die.
Not more of this bad take.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies