opinion of CHAZ (the Seattle "occupied" zone) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:53:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  opinion of CHAZ (the Seattle "occupied" zone) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: how do you feel about CHAZ? how do you think it will end?
I approve and think they're doing a good job

I approve, but I don't like how it's being run

I approve, and I'm not sure how I feel about how it's being run yet

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet

I understand why they did it, but I do not approve.  We ain't there yet.

I disapprove

I strongly disapprove

it will end when the people inside grow bored and go home

it will end when the local police take it back

it will end when local citizens take it back

it will end when the state calls in the National Guard

it will end when the feds call in the military or other federal agency

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 92

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: opinion of CHAZ (the Seattle "occupied" zone)  (Read 4189 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: June 14, 2020, 05:41:45 PM »

The Roman Empire should auth-left. The whole state was built on a massive welfare system, comprehensive public utilities, and an organized process for the immigration and assimilation of foreigners.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 01:46:09 PM »

The Roman Empire should auth-left. The whole state was built on a massive welfare system, comprehensive public utilities, and an organized process for the immigration and assimilation of foreigners.

Also, it's a stretch to call Venezuela, the Soviet Union, Imperial Japan, and Nazi Germany "successful". It's also a stretch to classify the European Union as Auth-Right: if anything they're the very definition of Grill-Pilled Centrist.

Yeah, almost everything in this chart is wrong. But most of it is wrong in obvious and boring ways, whereas the Roman Empire's placement is wrong in an interesting way.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 12:37:29 AM »

Also, it's a stretch to call Venezuela, the Soviet Union, Imperial Japan, and Nazi Germany "successful". It's also a stretch to classify the European Union as Auth-Right: if anything they're the very definition of Grill-Pilled Centrist.

Yeah, almost everything in this chart is wrong. But most of it is wrong in obvious and boring ways, whereas the Roman Empire's placement is wrong in an interesting way.

Missed these posts. The Roman Empire was extremely hierarchical and land ownership was concentrated among the elites. Public utilities are not an inherently "leftist" policy; Adam Smith supported public ownership of roads and infrastructure. Also, in the long term, none of those nations will be "successful," so the fact that some of them no longer exist or were destroyed by external factors is a moot point. I mean, there are obviously no actually successful leftist states, but I had to include crap like Venezuela in order for the joke to work.

Well of course, the history of the world since the agricultural revolution has been one of hierarchies and wealth concentration (and also, by and large, genocide and militarism) so if you want to go by that logic all "successful" polities have been auth-right. What made the Roman Empire stand out, though, and part of what made it successful, were policies that would be called "left-wing" by modern definitions.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies