Who will be the 2024 Republican presidential nominee (Jun 2020) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:17:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Who will be the 2024 Republican presidential nominee (Jun 2020) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will be the 2024 Republican nominee
Donald Trump

Donald Trump Jr.

Mike Pence

Nikki Haley

Tim Scott

Rick Scott

Ron DeSantis

Marco Rubio

Matt Gaetz

Tucker Carlson

John James

Mike Pompeo

Dan Crenshaw

Ben Shapiro

Kris Kobach

Liz Cheney

Paul Ryan

Ted Cruz

John Kasich

Scott Walker

Chris Christie

Mitt Romney

Charlie Baker

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Who will be the 2024 Republican presidential nominee (Jun 2020)  (Read 4320 times)
Sharpshooter
Rookie

« on: June 17, 2020, 09:31:16 AM »

He has blown his chances with his coronavirus response and currently has mediocre approvals. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he lost in 2022.

Has he?  Lets look at the Covid-19 death tolls of the four most populated states:

New York - 30,998
California - 5,205
Texas - 2,062
Florida - 2,996

Florida has a marginally bigger population than New York.  Sure some mistakes were made but it appears he's done 'OK' overall and is getting a disproportionate amount of criticism relative to the stats there.

If anyone who has gotten a disproportionate amount of praise it's Cuomo.  New York's handling of the crisis been a total disaster.
Sharpshooter
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 08:09:17 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2020, 08:21:35 PM by Sharpshooter »

I voted Trump primarily because if he loses I genuinely don't think he will know how to have a quiet retirement. Combined with how he'll inevitably comment and criticize anything Biden says or does, I think there's a good chance he'd run and a strong chance he would win the nomination.

Yes and failing that it'll be Don Jr.

I'm a little skeptical of Don Jr.'s political skills (and apparently so is Trump himself) but him winning a Republican party nomination in the future would not surprise me.

Well the MAGA base loves Don Jr. and he seems to me to be very much his fathers son so thats what I'm basing it on. Plus name recognition will give Don an early advantage over DeSantis and the rest cos he has a more famous second name

Why is there an assumption the Trump's want to stay in politics?  It will just end up like one of their business venture's that failed and they'll move on and do something else.  Possibly start up a cable news show to rival Fox (which will fail)

I actually predict none of the Trump's will run again and it wouldn't shock me if a conventional Republican won.

Trump had something that resonated with the GOP base but I don't know its easily replicated.  That wing of the party was split in 2012 over a number of candidates (Gingrich, Santorum, Bachmann, Cain, Perry etc), but Trump managed to unify them, no guarantee they'll have a unifying figure in 2024.

Lets not forget also the GOP establishment will make it much tougher for an outsider to win next time round.  Trump wasn't attacked by his rivals till February in 2016 by then it was too late.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies