Who will be the 2024 Republican presidential nominee (Jun 2020) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:29:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Who will be the 2024 Republican presidential nominee (Jun 2020) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will be the 2024 Republican nominee
Donald Trump

Donald Trump Jr.

Mike Pence

Nikki Haley

Tim Scott

Rick Scott

Ron DeSantis

Marco Rubio

Matt Gaetz

Tucker Carlson

John James

Mike Pompeo

Dan Crenshaw

Ben Shapiro

Kris Kobach

Liz Cheney

Paul Ryan

Ted Cruz

John Kasich

Scott Walker

Chris Christie

Mitt Romney

Charlie Baker

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Who will be the 2024 Republican presidential nominee (Jun 2020)  (Read 4313 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« on: June 12, 2020, 05:10:18 PM »

Tom Cotton, who oddly isn't on this list.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 09:06:29 PM »

After what Cotton published in the New York Times a week or so ago about wanting the Military to intervene during the Height of the Riot he is FINISHED, absolutely FINISHED - Period!

That would actually be helpful in a Republican primary, great way to win over the racist Southern hicks.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 11:49:37 PM »

I think Pence is the frontrunner at this point (assuming he doesn't piss off Trump between now and 2024) but I think it's going to be a real delegate fight for Republicans.

However, I think Republicans will nominate a woman in 2024, to compete with a likely Kamala Harris or AOC candidacy for Democrats, so I think their nominee will be one of the following.

1. Nikki Haley
2. Liz Cheney
3. Sarah Palin
4. Joni Ernst
5. Kim Reynolds.

This would be a disaster for Democrats, anyways nominating Sarah Palin is political suicide, as a minority, Haley would never get through a GOP primary (she'd especially struggle in the South), Ernst may not even be in office in 2024, and even if she wins, her weak performance will definitely be a drag for her, as will her promise to "make Washington squeal," but not actually do anything, so Reynolds and Cheney are the options left, of these, Reynolds is probably the better option, given that Cheney's name is not something that popular in the new GOP electorate which is more resistant to the Bush style Old Guard, even if Trumpism is abandoned, I don't see Republicans going back to neoconservatism. But I have doubts that the GOP electorate is ready to nominate a woman.

He has blown his chances with his coronavirus response and currently has mediocre approvals. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he lost in 2022.

If the GOP loses badly in November, there are many steps that they will take, re-embracing Trumpism is absolutely not one of them.

Paul Ryan is currently the most likely person to be the 47th president of the united states.

Fiscal conservatism, at least to the extent that Ryan believes in it, is another ideology of the past of the GOP, and why exactly would they be eager to embrace it, given stuff like the tax bill as well proposals to cut entitlements proved very unpopular among the public.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies