Who will be the 2024 Republican presidential nominee (Jun 2020)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:09:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Who will be the 2024 Republican presidential nominee (Jun 2020)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Who will be the 2024 Republican nominee
Donald Trump

Donald Trump Jr.

Mike Pence

Nikki Haley

Tim Scott

Rick Scott

Ron DeSantis

Marco Rubio

Matt Gaetz

Tucker Carlson

John James

Mike Pompeo

Dan Crenshaw

Ben Shapiro

Kris Kobach

Liz Cheney

Paul Ryan

Ted Cruz

John Kasich

Scott Walker

Chris Christie

Mitt Romney

Charlie Baker

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Who will be the 2024 Republican presidential nominee (Jun 2020)  (Read 4272 times)
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2020, 06:18:08 PM »

My guess here would be Haley or Pence. Pence would never win in the general, so that would be a terrible nomination for the Republicans. Haley on the other hand is a stronger candidate who could win in the general depending on who she is facing (the Democrat).
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2020, 03:42:06 PM »

Cotton is not presidential material, so I don't see him winning.

Republicans don't like Senators and Representatives running for office, they like outsiders and governors.

So it is going to be a governor or a outsider like Trump in 2024. Haley and Pence were governors.

Pompeo like Cotton, will probably have a foreign policy job in a future GOP administration.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2020, 08:18:59 PM »

I'll be bold and say Tucker Carlson.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2020, 10:17:02 PM »

I'll be bold and say Tucker Carlson.

Oh god, not the Reaganete TL.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2020, 12:02:23 AM »

I’m going to say Haley right now, but things could change.

DeSantis might be too damaged by his COVID response. His re-election campaign should indicate how viable he is.

Hawley might wait for 2028 or 2032, when his Senate seat is not up for grabs. If he runs for two offices at once (not sure if it’s allowed in MO) he’ll be open to a sneak attack from someone like Galloway.

Cruz and Crenshaw probably won’t run together. If Cruz runs again I think Crenshaw might want to take his place in the Senate, and Cruz himself might want him as his successor too.

Rick Scott is getting old, though a presidential ru could be an escape hatchet from a tough re-election campaign in the Senate,

Cotton maybe, but he’s too much of an ideologue to win.

Pence isn’t popular with the base. Even the evangelicals would probably gravitate towards someone like Cruz.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2020, 04:56:43 PM »

DeSantis might be too damaged by his COVID response. His re-election campaign should indicate how viable he is.

Hawley might wait for 2028 or 2032, when his Senate seat is not up for grabs. If he runs for two offices at once (not sure if it’s allowed in MO) he’ll be open to a sneak attack from someone like Galloway.

Cruz and Crenshaw probably won’t run together. If Cruz runs again I think Crenshaw might want to take his place in the Senate, and Cruz himself might want him as his successor too.

Rick Scott is getting old, though a presidential ru could be an escape hatchet from a tough re-election campaign in the Senate,

Pence isn’t popular with the base. Even the evangelicals would probably gravitate towards someone like Cruz.

GOP is not nominating a woman of color in 4 years.

2024 nominee will be either Donald Trump himself (he could very well run again), Trump Jr, Tucker Carlson, or some other lunatic.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2020, 10:01:24 AM »

I don't think Crenshaw would run in 2024 either. I think he either runs for Governor in 2022 if Greg Abbot decides to retire and runs for President in 2028 after two terms as Governor, or runs for the Senate in 2026 and runs in 2032.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2020, 03:50:58 PM »

Maybe Cotton or Haley. Hawley would be smart to wait a couple cycles. He actually has an economic agenda that could appeal to a lot of people if an incumbent Democratic administration cozy with Silicon Valley presides over a recession. A lot of Dems in big cities hate types like him but if he downplays social issues, he could run to the left of the Dem.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2020, 08:16:05 PM »

Haley is one of the favorites of the GOP establishment and movement conservatives, so she is absolutely in the top 5 most likely nominees.  She also lacks the baggage of a previous run (see Rubio, Marco or Cruz, Ted) and would probably win SC.  She's staying out of the drama to play the long game, and there is a very high chance she throws her hat into the ring.

Of course, none of this means that she is a good GE candidate or prevents her from being the next Scott Walker.  But all signs point to her running.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2020, 09:59:30 AM »

Haley is damaged goods now that she's in the Bush wing of the GOP
Pence is boring and won't inspire the trump wing
a bunch of people you named aren't going to run
Cotton is too hawkish
Hawley is possible but he might flop like Cruz
Rubio can recover
Desantis is possible
Cruz is possible
Scott is a VP type
the rest don't matter

So atm, Desantis
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2020, 12:15:15 PM »

Haley is one of the favorites of the GOP establishment and movement conservatives, so she is absolutely in the top 5 most likely nominees.  She also lacks the baggage of a previous run (see Rubio, Marco or Cruz, Ted) and would probably win SC.  She's staying out of the drama to play the long game, and there is a very high chance she throws her hat into the ring.

Of course, none of this means that she is a good GE candidate or prevents her from being the next Scott Walker.  But all signs point to her running.

Oh totally disagree. She's a fantastic GE candidate. Just an awful primary candidate.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2020, 05:00:00 PM »

Haley is damaged goods now that she's in the Bush wing of the GOP
Pence is boring and won't inspire the trump wing
a bunch of people you named aren't going to run
Cotton is too hawkish
Hawley is possible but he might flop like Cruz
Rubio can recover
Desantis is possible
Cruz is possible
Scott is a VP type
the rest don't matter

So atm, Desantis

If Trump wins, it’s gonna be Pence. He wants to run. I would say DeSantis will look really strong after a Biden midterm.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies