What is up with the Biden hysteria?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:54:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What is up with the Biden hysteria?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: What is up with the Biden hysteria?  (Read 2772 times)
catographer
Megameow
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2020, 10:42:53 PM »

Are you not tired of our terrible leadership in the middle of crises? Are you not tired of rich people running our government? Are you not tired of gridlock and the economic status quo of Reaganomics? Do you really think with a straight face after the chaos of the last few months, Trump is what we need going forward?

I have reservations that Joe Biden is the true change agent but one thing is for sure. He’s far better on policy and more competent than Trump.
Democrats are more for the rich than Trump is. Most people that I know that are Democrats are rich nowadays. The party really isn't a working class party anymore. Democrats base is highly educated, upper middle class voters now. Trump is the only President in my lifetime to stand up to China and to literally focus on bringing jobs back. He said America first. It sounds silly to a lot but those were powerful words to me and I am sure a lot of Americans, not just Republicans. He did get 12% of Bernie voters.

You honestly think Joe Biden who has been in office for 50 years can change the gridlock in DC and can be an agent of change? It just sounds ridiculous. Trump is a shake up to the system. It's a fact. You may not like that shake up but he has shaken up the system which is why so many people can't stand him. Democrats pretend to be for change when they aren't. Hillary was literally the most status quo candidate to ever run for office probably.

Clinton’s voters were lower income on average than Trump’s. Trump does not represent the working class, only white working class.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/12/29/places-that-backed-trump-skewed-poor-voters-who-backed-trump-skewed-wealthier/%3foutputType=amp
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2020, 10:43:26 PM »

Are you not tired of our terrible leadership in the middle of crises? Are you not tired of rich people running our government? Are you not tired of gridlock and the economic status quo of Reaganomics? Do you really think with a straight face after the chaos of the last few months, Trump is what we need going forward?

I have reservations that Joe Biden is the true change agent but one thing is for sure. He’s far better on policy and more competent than Trump.
Democrats are more for the rich than Trump is. Most people that I know that are Democrats are rich nowadays. The party really isn't a working class party anymore. Democrats base is highly educated, upper middle class voters now. Trump is the only President in my lifetime to stand up to China and to literally focus on bringing jobs back. He said America first. It sounds silly to a lot but those were powerful words to me and I am sure a lot of Americans, not just Republicans. He did get 12% of Bernie voters.

Lol is that why Trump gave the rich tax cuts?
That was Paul Ryan's bill. Trump's main focus of his 2016 campaign was not tax cuts it was to bring jobs back. The tax cuts were too much in favor of the wealthy. I actually agree with you but also did help middle class people to some degree and did create economic growth.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2020, 10:44:44 PM »

You honestly think Joe Biden who has been in office for 50 years can change the gridlock in DC and can be an agent of change? It just sounds ridiculous. Trump is a shake up to the system. It's a fact. You may not like that shake up but he has shaken up the system which is why so many people can't stand him. Democrats pretend to be for change when they aren't. Hillary was literally the most status quo candidate to ever run for office probably.

Clinton’s voters were lower income on average than Trump’s. Trump does not represent the working class, only white working class.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/12/29/places-that-backed-trump-skewed-poor-voters-who-backed-trump-skewed-wealthier/%3foutputType=amp
Hillary won Bloomfield Twp. in Michigan and was the first Democrat to win that township I think ever. It's an upper class area. Hillary did much better than Obama with upper income voters and also Bill Clinton.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2020, 10:55:55 PM »

Outside of the first two lines, I don’t really disagree. I have reservations on Biden (though my gridlock comment was more directed at Spark in particular since he presumably wants a Democratic Senate based on his avatar color) and I do question whether he is the needed shake up or strong enough on trade (where I at least occasionally agree with Trump if you want to be nice) or even issues like financial regulation. But Trump tried to throw 30 million people off their health care, and in his first year passed a multi trillion dollar tax cut, left us woefully unprepared for a pandemic that will likely result in extending an admittedly unavoidable recession, is guilty of corruption with regards to his businesses, and has lacked competence in the aftermath of Floyd’s death. Joe Biden has not.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2020, 11:01:27 PM »

Outside of the first two lines, I don’t really disagree. I have reservations on Biden (though my gridlock comment was more directed at Spark in particular since he presumably wants a Democratic Senate based on his avatar color) and I do question whether he is the needed shake up or strong enough on trade (where I at least occasionally agree with Trump if you want to be nice) or even issues like financial regulation. But Trump tried to throw 30 million people off their health care, and in his first year passed a multi trillion dollar tax cut, left us woefully unprepared for a pandemic that will likely result in extending an admittedly unavoidable recession, is guilty of corruption with regards to his businesses, and has lacked competence in the aftermath of Floyd’s death. Joe Biden has not.

A D Senate is inevitable.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2020, 11:16:15 PM »

It’s funny. Whenever I see a post this stupid with 1 recommend, I don’t even have to check to know it’s SN.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2020, 11:19:38 PM »

By the way, Biden still has not pledged to serve one term. There were rumors a few months ago that he said that privately to staff, but he denied them. Stop spreading fake news, OP. He may well not run again, but there has been no public pledge and likely won’t be one. Not sure how that would be a “disaster” anyway, but then again nothing you say makes a lick of sense. Nothing any Bernie or Buster has ever said does, really. You are directly defying the pleas of your own hero. It is truly bizarre when the cult gets so big and so crazy that its own leader can’t reel it in.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2020, 11:32:32 PM »

A D Senate is inevitable.

Only in 2022 under Trump. Right now, it's completely dependent on the Presidency itself [barring the same stupidity that set the takeover up for failure in 2016 anyway]...but Biden is favored atm.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2020, 08:59:57 AM »

Biden doesn't have it though. He clearly is getting senile. Just look at all the gaffes he is making and he is slurring his speech a lot. He didn't used to do that that much. This isn't Joe Biden 2012 who at least had it somewhat on the ball. On health care, Trump should have come up with his own bill and not just argued for overturning Obamacare he should have had his own plan so that was a mistake. Trump is going to have the economic argument that he built a great economy or at least accelerated an already existing good economy, was hampered by the virus and now it is coming back. That is a powerful argument. The 401ks going up and retirement accounts going up should be enough for him to win Florida (lot of old people) so it will come down the Midwest where Trump again has a strong argument on the economy. I don't think Biden is a strong enough candidate to win.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2020, 09:11:24 AM »

Biden doesn't have it though. He clearly is getting senile. Just look at all the gaffes he is making and he is slurring his speech a lot. He didn't used to do that that much. This isn't Joe Biden 2012 who at least had it somewhat on the ball. On health care, Trump should have come up with his own bill and not just argued for overturning Obamacare he should have had his own plan so that was a mistake. Trump is going to have the economic argument that he built a great economy or at least accelerated an already existing good economy, was hampered by the virus and now it is coming back. That is a powerful argument. The 401ks going up and retirement accounts going up should be enough for him to win Florida (lot of old people) so it will come down the Midwest where Trump again has a strong argument on the economy. I don't think Biden is a strong enough candidate to win.
Must suck to be down 14 to someone who is senile 😂😂😂
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2020, 09:21:19 AM »

Lol come on guys, Hoover is gonna win re-election.

INCUMBENTS ALWAYS WIN

Don't change horses in midstream. He led us into this Depression and by jingo he's gonna lead us out of it.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2020, 09:33:17 AM »

If you supported Sanders in 2020 but are now supporting Trump, it's well within people's rights to question how politically sane you are.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2020, 09:45:44 AM »

If you supported Sanders in 2020 but are now supporting Trump, it's well within people's rights to question how politically sane you are.

You don't have to be insane to be in this position. Most of these are just more drawn to the anti-establishment political aesthetic than to the gritty details of policy, and being drawn to a vague political aesthetic is hardly a trait unique to Sanders-Trump voters. Democrats and Republicans alike rely on people voting for all sorts of reasons wonks might turn their noses up at, but their disdain is no reason not to understand why voters swing (and, as an implication of that, how to persuade them).
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2020, 09:47:08 AM »

He's not down 14 more like 4-6 but keep thinking that. Trump is going to turn this around and win. I love the complacency and overconfidence of democrats right now
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2020, 09:49:15 AM »

He's not down 14 more like 4-6 but keep thinking that. Trump is going to turn this around and win. I love the complacency and overconfidence of democrats right now
If the overconfidence is so uniform, then they have unlocked a key to beating a Republican incumbent: D E M S  I N  A R R A Y
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2020, 09:50:25 AM »

Even if Biden is up 20 points by November, I would swim naked through a lake full of glass shards to vote for him, as I hate Trump with the passion of a thousand sun's. No complacency here.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2020, 09:50:25 AM »

It's true incumbents usually win, but when you think about it after three two termers in a row we are kind of due for a one term President/defeated incumbent.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2020, 10:12:24 AM »

It's true incumbents usually win, but when you think about it after three two termers in a row we are kind of due for a one term President/defeated incumbent.

Only if you look at short-term trends.  The last three incumbents to run did win (Obama, Bush 43, Clinton).  But in the preceding stretch, three of four incumbents lost: (Bush 41, Carter, and Ford - Reagan was the exception).  And before that there was another stretch going back to FDR where incumbents won.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2020, 10:16:07 AM »

Even if Biden is up 20 points by November, I would swim naked through a lake full of glass shards to vote for him, as I hate Trump with the passion of a thousand sun's. No complacency here.
You're a hardcore democrat. You honestly think Biden will inspire casual voters? Talk about delusion. Biden is the next John Kerry. Period.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2020, 10:18:21 AM »

You're a hardcore democrat. You honestly think Biden will inspire casual voters? Talk about delusion. Biden is the next John Kerry. Period.
55% of voters are "inspired" enough by Biden to vote for him lol
Granite City
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.39, S: -2.61

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2020, 10:19:46 AM »

Seems like quite an improvement from when he was the next Dukakis last week. I notice that Trump's guaranteed vote share has also dropped from 47% to 46.5% in your opinion so it must be going very well for Biden at the moment.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2020, 10:23:12 AM »

Doesn't work that way. You need a strong challenger to beat an incumbent: FDR, Clinton, Reagan. Biden is NOT that. For the millionth time. Trump will find a way to win. He is ruthless at campaigning.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2020, 10:24:26 AM »

Seems like quite an improvement from when he was the next Dukakis last week. I notice that Trump's guaranteed vote share has also dropped from 47% to 46.5% in your opinion so it must be going very well for Biden at the moment.
Dukakis and Kerry were both awful. What is the difference? Biden is ahead right now but it's June. It means nothing. Kerry was ahead too. Romney was ahead too.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2020, 10:29:49 AM »

Has anyone seen together at the same place Spark and Susan Sarandon?
Granite City
Rookie
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -0.39, S: -2.61

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2020, 10:32:00 AM »

Dukakis and Kerry were both awful. What is the difference? Biden is ahead right now but it's June. It means nothing. Kerry was ahead too. Romney was ahead too.

The difference? 140 electoral votes.

Good to see that nothing matters in June, presumably you'll stop telling everyone that Biden's lead will collapse once the American voters respond in awe to 13% unemployment in this week's polling, since that will also be irrelevant?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies