What is up with the Biden hysteria?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:44:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  What is up with the Biden hysteria?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: What is up with the Biden hysteria?  (Read 2766 times)
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 07, 2020, 09:57:17 PM »
« edited: June 07, 2020, 10:39:08 PM by Pear Squad »

I mean I can understand supporting an exciting/energetic/charismatic candidate who represents the future of the Democratic Party.. but c'mon guys. This man pledged to serve ONE term. If he is elected, it'd be a disaster for not only his party but the entire country. I sincerely doubt that the US would be willing to shift horses mid race so to speak during a time of crisis. If the country recovers by November, how can anyone dispute that Trump would not be favored?

Bottom line is that Joe Biden isn't winning with polling at 47% nationally or even 50. He needs to be over that mark if he wants to have any chance of defeating an incumbent president. In order to win the Big Three, he has to be at 50% at the minimum consistently. His polling is atrocious.

I could see myself supporting a Democrat in 2024 just not awful candidates like Clinton or Biden. It's nothing personal just trying to understand different perspectives. Let me know..
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 10:00:11 PM »

If he is elected, it'd be a disaster for not only his party but the entire country.
So you're fine with Trump getting reelected then?
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 10:00:17 PM »

My honest opinion is that most of the posters on this forum are trying to convince themselves something that they know isn't true "Biden looks like an almost lock"!. They know deep down Trump is a ruthless campaigner who will find a way to win.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 10:01:48 PM »

If he is elected, it'd be a disaster for not only his party but the entire country.
So you're fine with Trump getting reelected then?

Yes. Just think about how radically quick the US policy would have to change. It would send even more mixed messages around the world. As a Democrat, I'm actually embarrassed that they will nominate Biden.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 10:03:44 PM »

What is this "hysteria" of which you speak of?

Is this a condition which Bernie Busters like yourself suffer from?
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 10:04:19 PM »

Why is Biden only serving for one term a bad thing? James K Polk campaigned on only serving one term, and his administration achieved almost everything it set out to achieve

Also, why should excitement be a factor in voting? I want someone who will do a good job leading the country, not make me feel excited
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 10:06:00 PM »

Is this what Bernie Busters like yourself suffer from?

Many posters speak like it is inevitable that Biden will prevail. Nothing is guaranteed for either side.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 10:06:19 PM »

Literally all polls indicate Biden is leading, and has been for the past year. Your assertion that Trump is favored by any indication as of now is much closer to hysteria.
Corbyn is (no longer) the leader of the Labour Party
DANNT

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 10:06:42 PM »

Many posters speak like it is inevitable that Biden will prevail. Nothing is guaranteed for either side.
But you speak like Trump is inevitable/
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 10:06:58 PM »

Literally all polls indicate Biden is leading, and has been for the past year. Your assertion that Trump is favored by any indication as of now is much closer to hysteria.

Polls mean nothing folks. Look forward to you being wrong again. Heavily biased/large MOE, etc.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2020, 10:07:53 PM »

No. Trump is not. Biden has a chance to win this election.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 10:08:37 PM »

Incumbents win 90% of the time. That's reality. There's a reason only 3 incumbents who were elected have lost in the last 100 years.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2020, 10:09:06 PM »

Polls mean nothing folks. Look forward to you being wrong again.
If polls mean nothing to you, you shouldn't be on a political forum.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2020, 10:09:19 PM »

Someone's in denial, but the polls! Hillary is leading! Biden is leading!

August 2016: "Hillary could win Utah, Trump is finished!."

October 2016: "Trump is finished after that tape! Finished! Hillary is up 10 in the latest poll!."
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2020, 10:10:13 PM »

Someone's in denial.
Glad to see you are finally engaging in some self reflection, SN.
Corbyn is (no longer) the leader of the Labour Party
DANNT

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 10:10:45 PM »

Someone's in denial.
He is just saying he is favored, not that Biden is a lock to win.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 10:10:48 PM »

This far out it's impossible to place stock in biased polling. I belong here make no mistake about that. It's the (somewhat) different perspectives that make the forum a better place.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2020, 10:11:15 PM »

Someone's in denial.
Glad to see you are finally engaging in some self reflection, SN.
I think most of the posters on this forum should have a therapist  ready to schedule an appointment on 11.4
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2020, 10:11:33 PM »

My honest opinion is that most of the posters on this forum are trying to convince themselves something that they know isn't true "Biden looks like an almost lock"!. They know deep down Trump is a ruthless campaigner who will find a way to win.

Yeah Trump appeals to people on a gut level, it's "us or them", my tribe or their tribe. After all is said and done, all the debates, ads, mobilization efforts, October surprises, schemes and secret operations, and earth shattering global events have occurred, tribalism is more powerful than anything. Friend and enemy. People form community bonds by identifying an outsider group as the threat.

Trump will cast himself as "one of you" and cast blacks, other minorities, etc. and their allies on the left and in the professional class as "the other" to appeal to this, and why he will win in the end. I think everybody knows this deep down.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2020, 10:11:59 PM »

Someone's in denial.
He is just saying he is favored, not that Biden is a lock to win.
Favored means nothing esp. when you're a weak challenger. People are lying to the pollsters again.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2020, 10:12:18 PM »

Polls mean nothing folks. Look forward to you being wrong again. Heavily biased/large MOE, etc.
SN is bad enough why do we need to have multiple hacks here?
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2020, 10:12:57 PM »

Yeah Trump appeals to people on a gut level, it's "us or them", my tribe or their tribe. After all is said and done, all the debates, ads, mobilization efforts, October surprises, schemes and secret operations, and earth shattering global events have occurred, tribalism is more powerful than anything. Friend and enemy. People form community bonds by identifying an outsider group as the threat.

Trump will cast himself as "one of you" and cast blacks, other minorities, etc. and their allies on the left and in the professional class as "the other" to appeal to this, and why he will win in the end. I think everybody knows this deep down.

This. Trump is a media master. He knows how to use the media in order to persuade and win over his audiences.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2020, 10:13:47 PM »

This far out it's impossible to place stock in biased polling. I belong here make no mistake about that. It's the (somewhat) different perspectives that make the forum a better place.
So is every high quality poll released since March biased? Trump is down right now, and you would be well served to recognize that and that this isn't going to be an easy for race for Trump.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2020, 10:14:02 PM »

I think the hysteria is coming from people who are failing to be objective and humble in their analysis. Your personal political persuasion does not matter what-so-ever to sober, serious electoral analysis.

Undeniable truths:
- Polls are relatively accurate predictors of electoral outcomes
- Biden currently has a large lead in polling that suggests he would win an election held today
- Polls can change and nothing is set in stone
- Trump is not some magical poll-defying super hero who will win no matter what. He barely outperformed national polls in 2016, in a very historically average error.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2020, 10:14:30 PM »

You'd think "hE wIlL dEfY gRaViTy" would have died a little after 2018.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies