Brave New Atlas Minus One (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:10:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Brave New Atlas Minus One (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brave New Atlas Minus One  (Read 4108 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« on: June 08, 2020, 10:54:13 AM »

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 12:27:08 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2020, 12:32:42 AM by 2,868,691 »

the fact that he was bullied out cause  he opposed the rioters is disgraceful.

He is by far one of the least racist people on here and the fact the left kept calling him that is a disgrace

This might be the most ridiculous post in Atlas history.

First of all, Fuzzy Bear was a bully, not a victim of bullying, and one of the biggest, most mean-spirited (something he personally acknowledged as intentional on multiple occasions) bullies we've ever had last a long time here. Just an absolutely vile, venomous, thoroughly rotten person who brought on every bit of treatment he received upon himself. I sure hope that he was hamming it up to play a character and he doesn't actually mistreat people like that in real life.

And it was just so pathetic how he'd go cry to the mods about every little comment (which were rarely if ever any worse than he threw first at people), and then after at least 1 mod did his bidding most every time, he would complain about how unfair the mods were to him (!)

And by what criteria are you saying he's "one of the least racist people on here" ? Most people here aren't racist. What did he do that puts him high on the list? And you throw in "by far," as if there's some kind of gap between him and other non-racist people? How so?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 02:50:18 PM »

Again, how in the world are you supporting these strong statements?

If you want to argue he's not a bigot and leave it at that, fine. I myself never focused on putting him in that box, preferring to focus on the fact that he's an outrageous asshole who constantly mistreats people, and that his shtick was to post a bunch of bad faith super-long-winded rambles that never even bothered to address any points or counterarguments, often making the same arguments from threads a few weeks before. He would often soften his stances within threads, but the next time the topic came up, he was back to posting the same long-winded ramble, to the point where I wondered if he honestly didn't remember the previous thread at all. Or he may have just been having fun trolling the libs.

But what in the world is leading you to say it's clear, obvious, "by far one of the least bigoted posters here," etc.? Fuzzy's own comments and mistreatment of other posters led to people's negative opinions about him.

For contrast, Extreme Republican has a lot of the same religious beliefs^, and his political beliefs are much further to Fuzzy's right, but he always treats people with dignity and respect, and he is very well-liked, even among people who don't like Fuzzy at all. If Fuzzy had been polite and respectful like Extreme Republican, he would have been well-respected here too.

^ - I mean, I'm sure someone will split hairs and say that Fuzzy is Pentecostal and Extreme Republican is Southern Baptist, and there are plenty of theological differences there, but I'm just saying they're both Evangelical Protestants who believe in Biblical inerrancy and salvation by faith alone.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 03:17:32 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2020, 03:21:58 PM by 2,868,691 »

Fuzzy was very very liberal on the issue of criminal justice reform and even on immigration made it clear he would accept a pathaway to citizenship if  the borders are strongly enforced .
OK, but that doesn't even start to address my question of how you're justifying "by far," "one of the least bigoted posters here," etc. You've got to back up such superlatives if you're going to use them.

He is also not a hack as he voted Democratic as late as 2018 .
Yes we all know. That fact alone is really strong evidence that I'm correct in my assessment that it wasn't Fuzzy's beliefs that made us not like him, it was his cruel and outrageous mistreatment of other posters.

What he got mad at was people calling pro life views as sexist , being for strong border enforcement as racist and that’s what he mainly was mad at .
OK. Now talk about the accusations he flung out at other people.

He respected people who had opposing views
Um, no, it was all namecalling, accusations of ulterior motives, conspiracy theories like "Democrats only support refugees because they want them to vote against Trump!!!!1" even when we all said we'd still have compassion no matter what.

and beck voted for those types of polticians sometimes more than politicians he agrees with more as well so he obviously is more tolerant of opposing views.
Not "obvious" or even vaguely suggested. Fuzzy always assumes the worst in other people, the darkest motivations possible.

Fuzzy views are not much different at all from most swing voters and other than PQG , RINO Tom ,  Lechasser he was arguably one of the most moderate republicans on here and he is definitely more moderate than me on the vast majority of issues as well .
Again, you're making my argument for me that it wasn't Fuzzy's political views that got him his reputation, it was his actions.

The reactions to fuzzy leaving show that he was right and much of the left on here wants an echo chamber.
No we don't. We just want people on all sides of the issues to be respectful, and for people not to post the same word salads over and over as if they don't remember the last debate, or don't care. How many times did I have to remind him that there is no video of Michael Brown beating up a woman and that he must be confused, misremembering, etc.? How many times did I have to remind him that transgender individuals existed in Polynesian cultures already before they met Europeans so you just can't accurately say that transgender identity was 100% made up by 20th century white liberals? How many times did he use the same arguments about someone wrongfully convicted of rape back in the 1970s (as if that has happened in the 2020s anyway)? How many times did he bring up Juanita Broaddrick in threads that had nothing to do with her or accusations? (Answer: a lot in a very short window, as seen here.)

We don't want an echo chamber. We love plenty of blue avatars. But we don't love the way Fuzzy posted, and that's on him.

My advice to him would be just to leave the US Gen discussion board and just post on election what ifs , off topic and individual poltics and not the dumpster fire US gen discussion has become .
OK. You never addressed by central question about how you justify "by far," "one of the least bigoted posters here," etc.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies