Brave New Atlas Minus One
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:30:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Brave New Atlas Minus One
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Brave New Atlas Minus One  (Read 4084 times)
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 07, 2020, 01:03:27 PM »

I have decided to stop posting on the Forum for an indeterminate period.  I'll respond to PMs, but I don't see it as healthy to post on this forum at the present time.

Quote from: Philippians 2:14-16
14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings: 15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation (emphasis added), among whom ye shine as lights in the world; 16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

I am not sure I can post here honestly and live up to the above at the present time.

We are at a time in America where we have the closest thing to an active open revolt to overthrow civil government.  What I am seeing in the streets of multiple American cities is exactly that.  These are people who ignore the fact that four (4) officers have been charged with crimes involving the death of George Floyd.  There has been a national consensus, across the spectrum, that this act was wrong and must be punished.  What has occurred instead is an outbreak of rioting, looting, beating, and even killing (in the instance of David Dorn) in the name of "justice".  The bottom line to all of this is that the vast majority here do not seem to firmly acknowledge that none of the rioting, looting, beating, and killing on the part of the Mobs in the streets is justified.  And many people are unwilling to admit just how much of what is called "peaceful protest" is actually criminal rioting and looting at a minimum.

Romans 12:18 states:  “If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.”  I have concluded that it is not possible for me to live peaceably with all men and post on Brave New Atlas.  I have endured ProudModerate2 and Hindsight is 2020, asserting that I worship Trump before Christ.  This is ridiculous, and I grant that those of you that know me (as much as I can be known here) know the ridiculousness of that.  But swimming against that tide has obscured my commitment to Christ.  It is immeasurably more important that I lead a person to Salvation in Christ than I lead a heathen to vote for Trump (or any other political candidate for that matter).  This ridiculous assertion by two ridiculous posters diminishes Christ, whom those posters have no interest in.  I can live peacably with ridiculous people; this seems to be part of that particular "How to . . ." at the present time.

I posted the above song and magazine cover for personal reasons.  I remember when that magazine cover came out; it was in the middle of 1968, and the words to describe Judy Collins were:  "Gentle voice among the strife".  I enjoyed that song, and I never forgot that magazine cover; I think of it every time I think of Judy Collins.

I have looked at life from Both Sides Now.  Seeing things from Both Sides is not a virtue here.  That's unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

I'll leave it at that.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 01:20:30 PM »

Ok, thanks
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 01:21:55 PM »

RIP Grand Mufti.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 01:23:40 PM »

I hope you'll be able to be back to posting in the near future! Smiley
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 01:31:44 PM »

What has occurred instead is an outbreak of rioting, looting, beating, and even killing (in the instance of David Dorn) in the name of "justice".  The bottom line to all of this is that the vast majority here do not seem to firmly acknowledge that none of the rioting, looting, beating, and killing on the part of the Mobs in the streets is justified.  And many people are unwilling to admit just how much of what is called "peaceful protest" is actually criminal rioting and looting at a minimum.

Good to see you leaving this tidbit of falsehood before you went, lol.

In any case, I wish you the best in your personal affairs, Fuzzy.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 01:34:04 PM »

The Grand Mufti has been vindicated!
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 01:35:36 PM »

That's one less person spreading misinformation on this forum.  
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 01:49:34 PM »

y’all hear sumn ?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 01:52:53 PM »

I will miss your presence Fuzzy. You were a unique voice and one who improved its flavor. I await your return.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 01:54:47 PM »

All the best to you, Fuzzy!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2020, 02:02:04 PM »

I’ll miss you Fuzzy, and I do hope for you to return in a better state of mind. That said, I’m going to enjoy the brightness of your absence and not dwell in the darkness of this move.

Let this be an example of retribution for you running out like two or three great posters from this forum; ag, OmegaScarlet, and I believe one other individual.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 02:13:24 PM »

Very sad to hear. I will miss you, Fuzzy. And I hope you will return to Atlas in near future
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2020, 02:24:50 PM »

Oh noes, who will fill in the 'sanctimonious privileged white pro-Trump Boomer blowhard' contingent that we so desperately need??!

The longer the melodramatic essay announcing a flouncing departure, the sooner they crawl back.  It’s a direct correlation.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2020, 02:29:22 PM »

See you in a couple of days.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2020, 02:29:42 PM »

I hope you take this time to sincerely reflect on your warped perspective and severe lack of empathy, and come back to the forum closer to living by the Christian values you claim to support.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 02:42:02 PM »

Knowing how most users who posted "I'm leaving" thread just to return rather quickly I think that's the likely possibility.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 02:56:41 PM »

Grand Mufti Of Jerusalem has left the chat.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2020, 03:16:36 PM »

Oh noes, who will fill in the 'sanctimonious privileged white pro-Trump Boomer blowhard' contingent that we so desperately need??!

The longer the melodramatic essay announcing a flouncing departure, the sooner they crawl back.  It’s a direct correlation.
Usually, but one can see it a mile away with bad faith posters. I left this forum for a month to reflect on myself and came back a better person only because I choose to improve myself in this regard, and not leave out of being completely salty about the heat of the truth.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2020, 03:32:17 PM »

Knowing how most users who posted "I'm leaving" thread just to return rather quickly I think that's the likely possibility.

I stayed away for five months before making my return last year. But on the whole, I shouldn't be too surprised by some of the reactions on this thread.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2020, 05:06:57 PM »

I stayed away for five months before making my return last year. But on the whole, I shouldn't be too surprised by some of the reactions on this thread.

You've certainly used that time for your self-improvement.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2020, 05:15:34 PM »

I managed to stay away for 4 years, and i didn't even make a pity me thread to announce i was leaving.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2020, 05:26:31 PM »

Bye, I will miss your presence on Atlas, even if I think some of your political views are incorrect, you still brought interesting ideas to the table and overall were a strong poster. I will miss one of the only R-FL posters who is still active.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2020, 06:35:24 PM »

You've certainly used that time for your self-improvement.

I've tried my best. It hasn't been an easy process, but it is holding together.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2020, 07:27:01 PM »

Tbh one of the failures of Talk Elections is that it is not representative enough of the US population. And the US population indeed features white pro-Trump Boomers.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2020, 09:02:27 PM »

I'm gonna miss him. There, I said it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies