Brave New Atlas Minus One
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:15:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Brave New Atlas Minus One
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Brave New Atlas Minus One  (Read 4089 times)
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2020, 08:55:01 AM »

28 days later would have been best for the memes, but whatever.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2020, 08:55:21 AM »

Looks like this only lasted a few weeks.

He recc'd one of my posts like a week ago so I had a feeling he was breaking.
21 days, between posts.

I thought it was 26
June 07, 2020, 02:03:27 pm
June 28, 2020, 06:17:47 pm
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2020, 10:23:26 AM »

21 days, between posts.

I thought it was 26

I didn't post then.  I may have "recommended" something for a friend.  Unless I posted something and quickly deleted it.  I suppose it's one more example of a click being forever.

Perhaps Brave New Atlas is the dysfunctional family of my life.  A place where I go between "enmeshment" and "emotional cutoff". 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2020, 02:16:20 PM »

So, he left because his side of the 'BLM vs. racist suburban WASPs' debate was badly losing the narrative and had gone into terrified retreat.  Now, three weeks later, he’s presumably spent enough time on Facebook or Fox News comments sections to restock his repertoire in full force.  Can’t wait!  Roll Eyes

Like Trump, Fuzzy Bear is an old man set in his ways.  And just as delusional.  Did anyone here seriously expect him to come back here any different than before he dramatically stomped off several weeks ago?  
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2020, 02:56:34 PM »

21 days, between posts.

I thought it was 26

I didn't post then.  I may have "recommended" something for a friend.  Unless I posted something and quickly deleted it.  I suppose it's one more example of a click being forever.

Perhaps Brave New Atlas is the dysfunctional family of my life.  A place where I go between "enmeshment" and "emotional cutoff". 
Reporting a post shows up as a post.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2020, 03:29:45 PM »

21 days, between posts.

I thought it was 26

Just because someone isn't posting doesn't mean it's no longer a violation of the ToS to personally attack them, lol.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2020, 03:32:14 PM »

21 days, between posts.

I thought it was 26

I didn't post then.  I may have "recommended" something for a friend.  Unless I posted something and quickly deleted it.  I suppose it's one more example of a click being forever.

Perhaps Brave New Atlas is the dysfunctional family of my life.  A place where I go between "enmeshment" and "emotional cutoff".  

Just because someone isn't posting doesn't mean it's no longer a violation of the ToS to personally attack them, lol.
WTF does that have to do with anything?
I said I was done with you and I should have stuck to it, I was trying to help explain but you and your martyr complex are just to much.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2020, 03:38:25 PM »

His latest posts have involved defending bronz's recent behavior. I had expected better when he returned, instead I'm quite disappointed, that not much has changed.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2020, 01:51:05 PM »

Why don't you take another three-week holiday from this forum, Fuzzy Bear?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2020, 02:40:48 PM »

no he shouldnt . He should just take a break from the US Gen Discussion Board cause that board is garbage and he should just spend his time here posting on other boards .

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2020, 02:42:40 PM »

no he shouldnt . He should just take a break from the US Gen Discussion Board cause that board is garbage now and he should just spend his time here posting on other boards.

So disproving rightwing propaganda makes that board 'garbage' now?  The only garbage on that board is coming from him. 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2020, 02:46:35 PM »

no he shouldnt . He should just take a break from the US Gen Discussion Board cause that board is garbage now and he should just spend his time here posting on other boards.

So disproving rightwing propaganda makes that board 'garbage' now?  The only garbage on that board is coming from him. 

no its coming from people like Proud Moderate and Ghost of Ruin.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2020, 03:07:20 PM »

no its coming from people like Proud Moderate and Ghost of Ruin.
LOL! You literally couldn't be more wrong (in my opinion)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2020, 05:57:47 PM »

So, he left because his side of the 'BLM vs. racist suburban WASPs' debate was badly losing the narrative and had gone into terrified retreat.  Now, three weeks later, he’s presumably spent enough time on Facebook or Fox News comments sections to restock his repertoire in full force.  Can’t wait!  Roll Eyes
Or...maybe he just was tired of being attacked for his views and people assuming his beliefs?
I am admittedly guilty of the latter.

When you hold reprehensible views on most social issues, as he does, you deserve to be attacked.  Repeatedly.  Especially if you keep doubling and tripling down on those same points at interminable length.  Besides, he was perfectly able to handle himself right up until he finally ran out of talking points for his losing side of the argument.

Reprehensible is very much in the eye of the beholder.  Partial birth abortion, up to the minute of birth is reprehensible, no matter what Red Avatars on Talk Elections think.

Condoning the riots we have recently experienced (and they are riots; there was little "peaceable" about them) is a reprehensible view.  Agreeing with the prosecution of a homeowner who displayed his firearm after a mob of 100 invaded his property (destroying a gate he had every right to put up) is a reprehensible view.

We can go on and on.  Being on Talk Elections challenges an individual to be able to separate truth from Mob Consensus at times.  Joe Republic is part of the mob here, and the majority here agrees with him.  I cannot imagine him having the stones to defend his views in a forum where the ideological balance was reversed.  I'm willing to bet that few of those that read this post can imagine it, either.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2020, 06:13:12 PM »

I’ll miss you Fuzzy, and I do hope for you to return in a better state of mind. That said, I’m going to enjoy the brightness of your absence and not dwell in the darkness of this move.

Let this be an example of retribution for you running out like two or three great posters from this forum; ag, OmegaScarlet, and I believe one other individual.

1.  I didn't "run out" Omega Scarlet; that is misinformation.

2.  ag posted on this forum that he wished me and my family harm.  When confronted, he backtracked and double-talked, but it was too late.

Is it OK for me to post that I hope (or even "expect") harm come to you?  To your family?  ag did that to me.  It was more than an over-the-top post; it was a veiled threat.  There are a number of people on this forum whose views are loathsome to me, and others whose personas are loathsome, period, but I have never wished anyone harm, nor have I ever done anything to cause harm to others here in any way.  That you may have not read that post, or (perhaps) read it doesn't make it any less unsafe for myself and for the forum as a whole. 

This forum ought to be a safe place.  It ought to be safe from doxxing.  It ought to be safe from the cancel culture.  And it certainly, at a minimum, from posters who make threats against others, no matter how veiled they are.  ag crossed that line.  That line ought to be a zero tolerance issue. 

If you consider me deserving of "retribution" for running out a poster who wished me AND MY FAMILY harm on this forum, that's a statement about you, and not a good one.  I will give you the benefit of the doubt of not having all the facts regarding ag. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2020, 11:16:25 PM »

His idea of "garbage" is pointing out the Marxist orientation of BLM.  That's something the left hoped to hide until after Election Day.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2020, 01:32:09 AM »

His idea of "garbage" is pointing out the Marxist orientation of BLM.  That's something the left hoped to hide until after Election Day.

A talking point you no doubt picked up from one of your far-right 'sources'.

Do you even know why I and many other Americans support Black Lives Matter?  Yes, I acknowledge that it has some radical elements.  But that doesn't matter to me.  The cause of fighting police brutality, entrenched racism, and economic inequality in this country so future generations don't have to deal with it trumps any shortcomings on the part of the leadership of this movement.  It is the best and most readily available vehicle with which to do so.  And frankly, I suspect you are trying to tear down Black Lives Matter because you don't actually want the country to deal with these issues.       
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2020, 08:58:42 AM »

Who wants to break it to Fuzzy that accusing BLM of being Marxist isn’t groundbreaking and that calling mostly black politically activists groups “Marxist/Communist” is an older then dirt tactic used against civil rights groups in this country?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2020, 07:49:44 PM »

Fuzzy, you should come join the Green Party in Atlasia.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2020, 07:57:20 PM »

Fuzzy, you should come join the Green Party in Atlasia.
Dear god no.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #120 on: July 18, 2020, 12:51:07 PM »

This has possibilities.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies