GOP Sen. Murkowski is "struggling" on whether to support Trump in November
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:26:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  GOP Sen. Murkowski is "struggling" on whether to support Trump in November
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: GOP Sen. Murkowski is "struggling" on whether to support Trump in November  (Read 3029 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 04, 2020, 12:51:10 PM »
« edited: June 04, 2020, 12:54:26 PM by New Frontier »

Well Lisa, you could have voted to convict him in January or at least voted for impeachment witnesses. She did neither.

She should save this nonsense. What could she possibly be "struggling" with? Roll Eyes
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 12:54:32 PM »

Big if true!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 01:05:06 PM »

She is asking for a bribe.
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 01:18:40 PM »

Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska broke with many of her Republican colleagues Thursday, applauding an op-ed by General James Mattis that condemned President Donald Trump's actions this week.

"When I saw General Mattis' comments yesterday I felt like perhaps we are getting to a point where we can be more honest with the concerns that we might hold internally and have the courage of our own convictions to speak up," Murkowksi said on Capitol Hill.

Don't see how you can agree with Mattis and have any question over whether you should support Trump or not.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 02:16:59 PM »

If you agree with Mattis, this shouldn't be a question. Even if you like some of his policies, it's hard to deny Donald Trump isn't a terrible human being who has abused his office for his own ego, self-enrichment and to stoke division and hate.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 02:20:48 PM »

She’s totally doing this because she’s seen the writing on the wall in her constituency.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 02:34:26 PM »

She’s totally doing this because she’s seen the writing on the wall in her constituency.

In Alaska?
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 02:39:28 PM »

Well Lisa, you could have voted to convict him in January or at least voted for impeachment witnesses. She did neither.

She should save this nonsense. What could she possibly be "struggling" with? Roll Eyes

You do realize she can think his conduct may not be impeachable, yet still dislike him, right?

Anyway, ugh. She's such a RINO. Time for her to go.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2020, 02:42:06 PM »

I would certainly respect her if she endorsed Biden, but after failing to convict Trump, I probably shouldn't hold my breath for Lisa.

I'd like Murkowsdi to become an Angus King.  A staunch independent, but caucus with the Democrats as the country needs it.  A libertarian-slanted independent just might be able to win in Alaska, as that state has quite the maverick streak.

Anyway, ugh. She's such a RINO. Time for her to go.

That's not what's wrong with her.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2020, 02:46:57 PM »

Technically she won as an Independent in a write-in campaign.

It would be rather cute for a map to need a third color for the 2020 election, for the first time since 1924, for a non-racist Third Party nominee.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 02:51:16 PM »

Sen. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska broke with many of her Republican colleagues Thursday, applauding an op-ed by General James Mattis that condemned President Donald Trump's actions this week.

"When I saw General Mattis' comments yesterday I felt like perhaps we are getting to a point where we can be more honest with the concerns that we might hold internally and have the courage of our own convictions to speak up," Murkowksi said on Capitol Hill.

Don't see how you can agree with Mattis and have any question over whether you should support Trump or not.

Exactly.  She's agreeing with a statement that Trump is a once-in-a-lifetime threat to the Constitution.  And yet she still struggles on whether she should support him?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2020, 02:53:13 PM »

Wow, this is the next step beyond "troubled" and "deeply concerned".  Next up will be "highly unsettled".
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2020, 02:55:39 PM »

Yawn. We did the rigmarole with Mueller, Impeachment, and Covid. It got old 4 years ago.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 02:59:13 PM »

Yawn. We did the rigmarole with Mueller, Impeachment, and Covid. It got old 4 years ago.

I suggest a program in remedial calendar math.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2020, 03:08:22 PM »

These ““““““““““moderate”””””””””” Republicans sure “struggle” with things that should be clear as night and day.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2020, 03:09:50 PM »

These ““““““““““moderate”””””””””” Republicans sure “struggle” with things that should be clear as night and day.

Yeah, like not civilians killing each other, burning down houses and churches, and looting...
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 04:05:15 PM »

Yeah. It’s basically, “On the one hand I agree that Trump is a threat to our Constitution. But on the other hand, Biden stutters sometimes, so it’s really a tossup.” (This is basically where a lot of the conservative friends and family that I know IRL are at at this point).
woodley park

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2020, 04:28:10 PM »

Wow, this is the next step beyond "troubled" and "deeply concerned".  Next up will be "highly unsettled".

Yep, more clucking from the chicken caucus.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2020, 06:04:37 PM »

Yeah, like not civilians killing each other, burning down houses and churches, and looting...

There is actually nuance to the protests unlike Trump's many, many misdeeds.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2020, 07:04:33 PM »

Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2020, 07:12:09 PM »

I've seen this all before...
Non Swing Voter
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2020, 07:29:39 PM »

lmao, right on time.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2020, 07:40:28 PM »

That is an interesting sentence though. We've long heard that Republican senators privately bash Trump. But only from Democrats so far. If Murkowski is the first Republican to admit that privately, they all kind of hate his guts, that could be big. And she kind of seems to be hinting at it here.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2020, 07:42:12 PM »

lmao, right on time.

I don't know if his endorsement will still be welcome in 2 years... Or if he'll be able to campaign from jail anyway.

I hope she feels good about refusing to vote to convict, though. Shredding your dignity and doing what you know is wrong for THIS man, only for him to vow political revenge on you anyway. Pretty pathetic.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2020, 07:53:31 PM »

She still will.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies