Biden's latest ad is AWESOME
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:17:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden's latest ad is AWESOME
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Biden's latest ad is AWESOME  (Read 1177 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 03, 2020, 04:15:22 PM »

Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 04:20:06 PM »
« Edited: June 03, 2020, 05:52:58 PM by Pestilence Comes Out of Retirement »

I really, really wish he were about 10 years younger.

I have grave concerns about his ability to speak clearly, and how it will hold up over the course of a campaign, and the next four years.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 04:20:31 PM »

Lovely ad! Thanks to Flaherty and the whole gang for putting this together.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 04:21:40 PM »

I have grave concerns about his ability to speak clearly, and how it will hold up over the course of a campaign, and the next four years.
Understandable concern, but how is that really relevant to this ad? He sounded pretty good to me.
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 04:22:58 PM »

Did you not understand him speak in the ad?  How clear can you get?
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 04:36:18 PM »

Understandable concern, but how is that really relevant to this ad? He sounded pretty good to me.

I thought he sounded a little mushy. And this is him at his very best, probably doing multiple takes for the microphone.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 04:37:37 PM »

I thought he sounded a little mushy. And this is him at his very best, probably doing multiple takes for the microphone.
This is taken directly from his speech he gave yesterday. Not pre-prepared.
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 04:42:58 PM »

That gives me some reassurance.

As someone who has been a classical singer his whole life, I hear the enunciation issues that come with age. I also know that months of heavy campaigning can ravage one's voice, especially when you're approaching 80 years old.

The rest that this pandemic has brought is probably a blessing in disguise. He hasn't been able to do a lot of public events, and that should help.

I really think that in every other way, he's a fantastic nominee, and I hope this doesn't become an issue.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 04:52:41 PM »

That gives me some reassurance.

As someone who has been a classical singer his whole life, I hear the enunciation issues that come with age. I also know that months of heavy campaigning can ravage one's voice, especially when you're approaching 80 years old.

The rest that this pandemic has brought is probably a blessing in disguise. He hasn't been able to do a lot of public events, and that should help.

I really think that in every other way, he's a fantastic nominee, and I hope this doesn't become an issue.
I think it's pretty obvious Biden doesn't speak as clearly or fluently as he used to. It left me searching for a potential alternative for a while, but I have largely made my peace with it, and I think most voters have too (especially considering the opposition). It would be a much bigger issue if his ability to navigate policy when prompted was weakened, but most of his longer interviews have evidenced to me that this is clearly not the case.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 04:54:49 PM »

Exactly.
What is Beef talking about? "Multiple takes"?
Regardless, he sounded just fine. What is it that people don't understand that Biden has a life-long stuttering problem and he has done a pretty-good job managing it.

To put this into perspective (re Biden), please read this found on The Stuttering Foundation website ...

During a CNN town hall, former Vice President Joe Biden discussed stuttering. Here are some of his remarks from the event:

"It has nothing to do with your intelligence quotient. It has nothing to do with your intellectual makeup," Biden said. "You know, stuttering, when you think about it, is the only handicap that people still laugh about. That still humiliate people about. And they don't even mean to."

The former vice president credited his mother when it came to not letting his stutter define him. He said his mother would tell him, "Joey, don't let this define you. Joey, remember who you are. Joey, you can do it. So every time I would walk out, she would reinforce me. I know that sounds silly, but it really matters."

https://www.stutteringhelp.org/content/joe-biden
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2020, 04:59:56 PM »

Exactly.
What is Beef talking about? "Multiple takes"?

I didn't know that this was taken from a live speech, and wasn't recorded in several passes and/or cleaned up in the edit. Because that's what I would do if I were making an campaign ad.

The fact that this was live, public speech is reassuring to me. He sounds pretty good.

Edit: And I didn't know he had stuttering issues. I'm glad he was able to overcome that.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2020, 05:44:29 PM »

Did you not... see the debate between him and Bernie, or his speech last week, or his speech this week? This is just trolling at this point
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2020, 05:52:30 PM »

Did you not... see the debate between him and Bernie, or his speech last week, or his speech this week? This is just trolling at this point

I retract my comments.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2020, 06:36:47 PM »

I desperately wish he was 10 years younger as well. Because this election would be as safe as any election since 96. I think his age gives Trump a shot unfortunately. A really good one sadly

They said the Ad and the message is so on point.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2020, 06:37:57 PM »

I love ads like this.  It is really effective because it is able to emphasize Biden's superior leadership qualities and vision while at the same time shining a light on Trump's failures.  It attacks Trump effectively without attacking/alienating his supporters.  

One of the criticisms of Hillary's campaign was that it spent too much time attacking Trump and not enough time lifting Hillary up, speaking to her strongpoints and showing us who she was as a person.  I think this ad does all of the above for Biden and will be effective across virtually all demographic groups.
Cyrusman
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2020, 06:41:33 PM »

I get that this site is by far left leaning but why is Biden viewed like such a King in this site?

Everything he does is awesome, so great, makes people emotional for a good thing. He’s viewed as pure royalty on this site.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2020, 06:44:33 PM »

I desperately wish he was 10 years younger as well. Because this election would be as safe as any election since 96. I think his age gives Trump a shot unfortunately. A really good one sadly

They said the Ad and the message is so on point.

Trump is 74.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2020, 06:47:55 PM »

I get that this site is by far left leaning but why is Biden viewed like such a King in this site?

Everything he does is awesome, so great, makes people emotional for a good thing. He’s viewed as pure royalty on this site.

It's beyond cringe at this point.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2020, 06:48:38 PM »

Because he's the only alternative to a fascist military state.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2020, 06:51:03 PM »

Biden is in the best position of any non-incumbent in modern history.  Why wouldn't he be viewed in very positive terms?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2020, 06:51:43 PM »

Were you here during the primaries? 
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2020, 07:04:45 PM »

Well, that was quick! It's just about everything I should he do as it relates to him making an ad about this current issue.

I am just so astounded about how quickly he and his campaign got their s*** together. That Biden went from being a joke in February to steamrolling in the primary and having consistent, significant leads in polls just a few months later is remarkable. Then again, that was always possible with Trump's tendency to constantly self-implode.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2020, 07:10:28 PM »

Boom!
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2020, 07:28:13 PM »

Biden has had a few excellent ads...but where are they running?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2020, 07:42:43 PM »

Biden has had a few excellent ads...but where are they running?

It was noted in a past similar thread re Biden ads, that the funds to run these ads are really only being spent to play (on everyday TV/Cable channels) in the battleground states.
Sometimes you see an ad here or there outside, but the repetitiveness is only in the key states.
(PS: I rarely see a Biden ad here in California. The other day, I saw one for trump and I laughed my a$$-off. Why the hell his campaign or those helping him, would play anything here, is beyond me.)
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies