NM Senate- Progressive challengers defeat five conservative Democrats (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:45:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NM Senate- Progressive challengers defeat five conservative Democrats (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NM Senate- Progressive challengers defeat five conservative Democrats  (Read 3986 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« on: June 03, 2020, 10:07:20 AM »

Good to see. Perhaps now, New Mexico can actually push some long-sought after reforms.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 01:21:54 PM »

I did not find any information that these Democrats formed a coalition with the Republicans, and in Wikipedia it is the Democrat who is listed as the Majority Leader. I am very sorry that the Democrats, looking at Trump, are doing the same (alienating moderate voters, moving far to the left). I hope that the Democratic Party will lose all these races in November and understand its mistakes. I hope that Joe Biden will return bipartisanship and moderate politics to the Democratic Party.

Also (don't belongs to this topic), I will miss you, Dan Lipinski, you were very, very good Congressman

Unlikely. 2 of these 5 districts gave Hillary about 63 and 60%. 3 other - possibly.

Yes, I know, but I hope that they lose, so Democratic Party will stop expelling the moderates from their ranks. We need more moderate Democrats and moderate Republicans. We need bipartisanship again and we need more bipartisanship.

To super-progressive Democrats, I don't say that Democratic Party doesn't need ultra-left members and/or voters. Centrist and conservative Democrats hear you, your voice and choice, but looks like ultra-left members think that moderate Democrats should be ignored

Dude, get a grip.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 01:41:06 PM »

I did not find any information that these Democrats formed a coalition with the Republicans, and in Wikipedia it is the Democrat who is listed as the Majority Leader. I am very sorry that the Democrats, looking at Trump, are doing the same (alienating moderate voters, moving far to the left). I hope that the Democratic Party will lose all these races in November and understand its mistakes. I hope that Joe Biden will return bipartisanship and moderate politics to the Democratic Party.

Also (don't belongs to this topic), I will miss you, Dan Lipinski, you were very, very good Congressman

Conservative Democrats = “I hope progressive Democrats who won their primary fair and square loss their elections to Republicans!”

Also Conservative Democrats = “How DARE you critique our lord and savior Joe Biden?! Even one criticism of Joe Biden might as well be a vote for TRUMP!”

Unamused

I don't think it's better to have a Republican in Congress than a progressive Democrat (but not like Tlaib or Omar - Generic Republican is better than them). I hope they lose because then maybe Democratic voters will finally understand that moderate voters cannot be ignored. The Democratic Party should be for everyone, but more and more it looks like it is only for the ultra-left

What reality do you live in. It’s the exact opposite.

You deny, that ultra-left has bigger and bigger influence in the party with every passing year? Not even funny.....

Larger influence? Sure, but even then it’s only comparing to the ultra-moderate / establishment domination of the Democratic Party in the 80’s and particularly the 90’s that progressive influence has begun to grow, and even then only in the latter half of the 2000’s.

For the better, I might add. But that’s a different conversation.

To suggest Moderate’s are being ‘silenced’ is ridiculous with Joe Biden as the nominee, Hillary Clinton and Obama (a former New Democrat aligned Democrat himself) as our former nominee’s and the New Democrats still being the largest caucus in the party.

Get a grip. Y’all are doing the silencing, not being silenced, lmao.

If you think Biden, Hillary and Obama are moderates, then of course there is room for moderates in the Democratic Party. But in reality, they are solid liberal politicians. Joe Biden is, probably, the most left-wing major party presidential nominee in US history. But if they are moderate, then who are JBE, Collin Peterson, Joe Manchin, Dan Lipinski? DINOs? Standard Republicans?

They are considered, both by the general public and themselves, to be 'Conservative Democrats'.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 01:45:23 PM »

Conservative Democrats = “I hope progressive Democrats who won their primary fair and square loss their elections to Republicans!”

Also Conservative Democrats = “How DARE you critique our lord and savior Joe Biden?! Even one criticism of Joe Biden might as well be a vote for TRUMP!”

Unamused

I don't think it's better to have a Republican in Congress than a progressive Democrat (but not like Tlaib or Omar - Generic Republican is better than them). I hope they lose because then maybe Democratic voters will finally understand that moderate voters cannot be ignored. The Democratic Party should be for everyone, but more and more it looks like it is only for the ultra-left

What reality do you live in. It’s the exact opposite.

You deny, that ultra-left has bigger and bigger influence in the party with every passing year? Not even funny.....

Larger influence? Sure, but even then it’s only comparing to the ultra-moderate / establishment domination of the Democratic Party in the 80’s and particularly the 90’s that progressive influence has begun to grow, and even then only in the latter half of the 2000’s.

For the better, I might add. But that’s a different conversation.

To suggest Moderate’s are being ‘silenced’ is ridiculous with Joe Biden as the nominee, Hillary Clinton and Obama (a former New Democrat aligned Democrat himself) as our former nominee’s and the New Democrats still being the largest caucus in the party.

Get a grip. Y’all are doing the silencing, not being silenced, lmao.

If you think Biden, Hillary and Obama are moderates, then of course there is room for moderates in the Democratic Party. But in reality, they are solid liberal politicians. Joe Biden is, probably, the most left-wing major party presidential nominee in US history. But if they are moderate, then who are JBE, Collin Peterson, Joe Manchin, Dan Lipinski? DINOs? Standard Republicans?

They are considered, both by the general public and themselves, to be 'Conservative Democrats'.

Conservative Democrats were people like Ralph and Sam Hall or Dan Daniel. You say Manchin votes the same way?

Im saying that Manchin calls himself a 'Conservative Democrat', the political world considers him a 'Conservative Democrat', and his positions are on the 'Conservative' end of the 'Democratic Party'.

If you have a problem with that, bring it up with Manchin.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 07:40:47 PM »

If any of y'all want to read on why these guys who were ousted suck and who the challengers are:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies