Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:10:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 17696 times)
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« on: June 16, 2020, 02:07:18 PM »

Congresswoman Hart's Campaign schedule through Oct. 31st:

October 2nd: Campaign Launch in Pittsburgh

Wikimedia Commons

Hello, Pittsburgh! It's been my honor to be your congresswoman since 2001. I'm so honored to have been the first Republican woman to ever represent the great state of Pennsylvania in Congress. I've learned a lot about leading and reaching across the aisle to get common sense, conservative legislation passed.
I've seen the country I love stuck under incompetent leadership, I know we can do better. I know I can get the job done. Over the past 8 years, I've campaigned across this district talking to Republicans and Democrats alike and winning their votes. I know I can do the same nationwide to take back the White House and get conservative legislation passed. I am Melissa Hart, and I'm proud to stand before you as a candidate for President of the United States of America!
*cheering*

October 4th - 7th: First visit to Iowa as a presidential candidate
Visiting Dubuque and Des Moines, giving a speech to Drake University about how important it is for young conservatives to get involved in politics.

Look, I understand that although I am young for a Presidential candidate, I am not young.
*laughter*
I may not be young, but as President, I commit to listening to young voters. I know how easy it can be to brush off politics and feel dejected and ignored, but I promise to listen. And if even a couple of you volunteer in a campaign because of this, I'll leave here happy. Please consider my campaign to volunteer on, it would mean a lot!

October 8th - 15th:
Week-long tour of New Hampshire, attending campaign office openings in Concord, Keene, Manchester, and Merrimack.

I am a proud conservative woman, I am a proud pro-life conservative and I'm getting tired of hearing liberals attack me for my values, or ask why I hold my beliefs just because I'm a woman. We as conservative women need to be more vocal about our values. I hope my campaign can be a voice for conservative women, and I'll hope you'll join me!
-Rep. Hart at a "Women for Hart" event in Keene, NH

October 16th: Visit to New York City to appear on The O'Reilly Factor

October 17th - 20th: First Visit to South Carolina

October 22nd - 29th: Return to New Hampshire

October 30th - 31st: Flying back to PA for a short break during Halloween
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 02:45:41 PM »

Rep. Hart Debate Answers

Opening Statement:

Hello, America! I know many of you may not know who I am, so let me introduce myself. My name is Melissa Hart, I've been a member of congress since 2001 and before that was in the Pennsylvania Senate for a decade, after I defeated a Democratic incumbent. I've spent my time in office advocating for lower taxes and fighting to make sure America respects the sanctity of life. As a member of the House, I've traveled the world visiting our troops and even got to perform for them with a few of my congressional colleagues in our band, the Second Amendments. I've worked hard in my district to listen to my constituents and helping ensure the government never interferes in their daily lives, and in doing so I've won support from Democrats and Republicans alike in my district. But enough about me, this country needs leadership that is empathetic, that will try to improve the lives of its citizens not buy trying to tax and regulate the economy more, but by doing the opposite. Its time we get competent, common sense, and conservative leadership in this country, and I believe I am the one to do it, thank you.

Question response:
It is true that I played a role in Speaker Boehner's rise to the position of speaker of the house, but the reason I did it was not that I thought it would help me in my future endeavors, but rather because I felt he was the best man for the job. I did not help John because I wanted his help in my presidential run, and he is under no obligation to endorse me. I would gladly welcome his support, as John is a good man whose vision for this country is close to mine, but he is free to endorse whomever he pleases. I did what I felt was best for my country when I supported John, not what was best for myself.

Closing Statement:
When I look at this field of candidates, I am proud and confident that whoever among us wins the nomination, we will be in good hands going into November of next year. Maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to say politically, but the truth of the matter is we have a uniquely talented field this year and I am proud to stand here among them. I would be honored if you consider giving me your vote in your state's primary or caucus. We need to look beyond our party this election and talk to people who we haven't tried to reach before. I have a strong track record of doing just that in my district. Not only do I feel that I can win, but I feel I am in a strong position to make the change our country so desperately needs a reality. That is why I hope you'll look at this talented field and chose to support me. Thank you, America.
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 10:30:14 PM »

Hart For President Ad: Midwestern Roots
To Air in the following states:

"My name is Melissa Hart and I'm proud to be running for President as a Republican. I know not many people know about me, so let me tell you a little bit about me and where I come from. I come from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I'm proud to have brought the Midwestern values instilled in me from my life in Pennsylvania to Washington."

Wikimedia Commons

"I've spent my time in Congress advocating for making sure the government preserves the American way of life by letting hard workers and small businessmen like the ones I grew up around drive the economy rather than government bureaucrats being financed at the taxpayer's expense. If you want a president who understands that is what it takes to help the economy grow, and will fight on everyday hard-working American's behalf, vote for me, Melissa Hart."

NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2020, 01:56:30 AM »

Melissa Hart Debate Answers

Opening Statement:
Thank you all for joining us as we decide the critical question of who will lead the Republican Party as their presidential nominee in 2008. I know everyone in the audience and at home understands how crucial this choice is, and I think we all understand why it's important that we manage to put a Republican in the White House after 16 years. Over the course of this debate, I hope I can show you why I feel I'm the best suited to not only do just that but also expand the appeal of our party to more voters than we've reached in years past.

Question Response:
I started my congressional career by unseating an incumbent Democrat in a district with a significantly higher number of Democrats than Republicans. How was I able to accomplish this? I spoke to my constituents, and I listened. Blue-collar voters from across my district told me about the issues that had them worried. The availability of good-paying jobs, the burden that taxes put on them, and how it hindered their ability to provide for their families. I know that positions like securing our constituents good-paying jobs and ensuring our government never prevents our hard-working citizens from succeeding aren't just issues that resonate in my district. I can use these issues to win us back the White House, but more importantly, I can deliver on them once elected.

Closing Statement:
I hope tonight I was able to prove to you why I'm running for president. I believe that by listening to voters and running on making life for everyday Americans easier by taking their concerns and solutions into account. I'm Representative Melissa Hart, and when you vote for me, you're voting not just for my proven track record of winning tough elections, but also for my proven track record of keeping my promises when I win. And I'll promise you this, if elected I'll work toward an America where those in power are beholden to the will of the people, rather than special interests, and where Americans don't need to fear the government interfering in their ability to support their families. Thank you all, and good night. 
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 03:44:05 PM »

Melissa Hart Campaign Schedule

November 1st - 9th:Michigan tour
   November 1st - 3rd: Detriot tour
      - Rally with Concerned Women for America
   November 4th & 5th: Ann Arbor stop.
      - Opening Ann Arbor campaign office
      - Rally at the University of Michigan
   November 6th - 7th: Grand Rapids
   November 8th - 9th: Lansing

November 10th - 14th: New Hampshire
   Nov. 10th: UNH Rally
   November 11th - 13th: Northern New Hampshire tour through Grafton and Coos county
   November 14th: Nashua rally

November 15th - 23rd: Washington, D.C.
   Congressional Duties
   November 23rd: Speaking at Susan B. Anthony List forum about Female Conservatives in Politics

November 24th - 28th:
   Break for Thanksgiving

November 29th - 30th: Iowa
   Des Moines, IA campaign events

OOC: Sorry this updates a little low on the detail but I'm a little busy at the moment

NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 02:43:07 PM »

Melissa Hart Withdraws from Primary, Endorses Paul

"I want to thank my supporters for all of their tireless work advocating for me and conservative beliefs, but today I'm here to announce that my campaign is over. I've had some time to think since Iowa, and I believe we need to get it together this year and take back the White House for the first time in almost two decades, so I'm proud to endorse the man who can do it, Ron Paul! Thank you everyone, I'm so proud of the accomplishments our campaign was able to achieve, but now it's time to take back the White House!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies