Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:10:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 17571 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« on: June 02, 2020, 02:53:57 PM »

KathleenSebelius Launches Presidential Campaign in Topeka, KS

Source

"Kansas has been quite the success story over these past 5 years. When I was sworn in as Governor, we had a billion-dollar debt fueled by wasteful spending, threats to cut education, and a divided government. Now, that debt is gone alongside millions in wasteful spending, all while keeping our schools well funded and operational for all of our children. Together, we've stood up to big lobbies and special interests who seek to make change more difficult by expanding recycling in our state, adopting a prescription drug trading program to keep costs of medication down, and protected Kansans right to choose and their right to own a gun.

That solution-based, bipartisan approach is how Democrats win and enact real, tangible change to make life better for all Americans. It's the approach I believe we need at the top of the ticket if we're to win in places like Kansas. Topeka, I'm here to announce my intention to run for President of the United States so we can bring some of our success here in Kansas to Washington.

We've had some real progress under the Gore administration, but there's so much more to be done, especially for our rural communities. We must be willing to allow prescription drug trading on the national level, increase funding to education including trade schools, and investing in alternative energy like wind and ethanol. We Democrats must have a 50 state strategy and be willing to speak on the concerns of urban, suburban, and rural America. I believe we can accomplish great things if we stand together. I hope you'll join me!"
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 11:14:15 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Airs Intro Ad, "A New Way Forward"

"I'm Kathleen Sebelius, and if there's something you should know about me it's that I've never been afraid of a challenge. In 1994, I surprised every political expert by being the first Democrat elected as Kansas' Insurance Commissioner in over a hundred years, all while refusing to take money from the insurance lobby."

"Then, seeing funding for schools slashed year after year, I decided to run for Governor and I won. Our state had over $1 billion in debt caused by wasteful spending, and the conventional wisdom said either education funding had to be cut or taxes to be raised in order for us to get back on track."

"Fast forward to now, our debt is gone, schools remain funded, millions of taxpayer dollars are saved due to audits of state programs, and taxes remained flat."

"Here's the thing, I couldn't have done this alone. As a Democrat in Kansas, you're acutely aware of the need to be bipartisan to make any sort of change in the state. I'm proud of my tenure and record of being able to reach across the aisle to put results over politics."

"I believe that this solution-driven spirit is exactly what Washington needs right now, and that's why I'm seeking the Democratic Party's nomination for President. I'm Kathleen Sebelius and I approve this message."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 01:58:35 PM »

General Platform

• Renegotiate NAFTA: While trade has been crucial to keeping agricultural economies strong, it has also displaced too many American workers. Having seen a decade of NAFTA, it's time to go back to the drawing board to make the trade deal more equitable for American workers. Any future trade deal must account for labor and environmental concerns.
  • Keep abortion safe, legal, and rare: Commit to appointing judges that uphold Roe v Wade as settled law of the land. Focus on expanded contraceptive access and sex ed to reduce demand for abortion.
  • More funding for education: America is only as great as the opportunities available to her citizens, and many schools are underfunded, teachers underpaid, and programs are being slashed to balance the budget. Build off of the success in Kansas where education funding is categorized as essential, preventing political gamesmanship with funding. Provide additional funding to states for universal pre-K and trade schools. End subsidies to banks providing loans for college tuition instead give students loans directly from the Dept of Education.
  • Fixing the looming Social Security funding crisis: Honor our promise to Americans by keeping Social Security public. Create Retirement Savings Accounts to give low-income Americans the opportunity to save and invest for retirement.
  • Investing in alternative energy: Commit to a green economy by 2050, start investing in alternative energy regionally, with wind in the Great Plains, solar in the Southwest, and ethanol in the Midwest. A diverse energy profile lowers costs for American families with the added benefit of creating jobs in every region in the US. Invest in disaster prevention for at-risk communities. Make campaign carbon neutral.
  • Expanding healthcare: Take I-Save-Rx to the national level, allowing Americans to buy prescription drugs from Canada, the UK, and Australia to keep drug costs low. Goal of universal healthcare coverage, insure all children up to age 5, expand Medicare and Medicaid, allow young adults to remain on parents' insurance until age 26, create an individual mandate, create 'report cards' on insurance, both public and private. Kathleen is hopeful Gorecare will meet these goals in its final version.
  • Infrastructure and Technology: Invest in STEM with more scholarships. Digitize the government, bringing it into the 21st century and allowing citizens to conduct business with federal government online. Require all public agencies to post year-end reports based on the results of their programs. Invest and expand infrastructure, there's no reason the greatest country in the world should have roads and bridges in subpar conditions. Work with Governors to get funding to rural areas alongside urban ones, leaving no community behind.
  • Agritourism: Invest in rural communities to promote agritourism, keeping these communities afloat. Insure agricultural and agritourism workers, protecting them from job hazards.
  • End corruption in Washington: Stand up to powerful lobbies by working for the American public, not special interests. Audit the federal government's spending top-down like in Kansas, which helped end the billion-dollar debt the Governor inherited. Make the audit process every four years, coinciding with Presidential inauguration.
  • Protecting the Second Amendment: The right to responsible gun ownership is enshrined in our Constitution. Develop "smart gun" technology rather than restricting the second amendment.
  • Civil Rights: Oppose any attempt to amend the Consitution banning same-sex marriage. Protect LGBT federal employees from discrimination. Protect the rights of LGBT people to serve our country.

February:

1-14th:

- Campaign launch in Topeka
- Open campaign HQ in Topeka
- Launch Middle America Campaign, introducing Kathleen Sebelius to early state voters
- Begin Middle America Campaign in Omaha with Senator Ben Nelson, who endorses Kathleen at a joint rally there

"Kathleen doesn't just know how to win, she knows how to govern. Americans here in Nebraska, in Iowa, and Kansas are often forgotten by the federal government, and we've been left behind by policies in the past decade. Kathleen plans to invest more in our communities, fight for the values of all Americans, urban or rural, and root out corruption in Washington. She's the type of leader we need.

Iowa

- Open Iowa Campaign Office in Sioux City
- Rally in Sioux City
- Townhalls in Western Iowa, with marquee events in Le Mars, Cherokee, and Fort Dodge
- Rally in Ames
- Rally in Des Moines
- Open additional campaign office in West Des Moines, as the campaign is confident they can compete across Iowa
- Townhalls in Southern Iowa, with marquee events in Osceola, Leon, and Clarinda

Missouri
- Cross over into Missouri, with the campaign believing the shared media market will make the state more familiar with Kathleen
- Townhalls in Eagleville, Bethany, and Cameron
- Rally in St Joseph
- Rally in Kansas City
- Open campaign office in Kansas City, coordinating supporters on both the Kansas and Missouri sides of the city
- Townhalls throughout Southwestern portion of Missouri, with rallies in Joplin and Springfield

15-28th:

Oklahoma
- Cross into Oklahoma
- Townhalls in Miami, Vinita, and Pryor
- Rally in Tulsa
- Tour small businesses in Tulsa, which make up the majority of economic activity in the city
- Townhalls in Cushing, Stillwater, and Edmond
- Rally in Oklahoma City
- Townhalls in Shawnee, Checotah, and Sallisaw

Arkansas
- Cross into Arkansas
- Rally in Fort Smith
- Townhalls in Ozark, Clarksville, and Russellville
- Rally in Conway
- Rally in Little Rock

Colorado
- Fly to Denver
- Rally in Denver
- Rally in Aurora
- Rally in Colorado Springs
- Western Colorado tour, with townhall in Breckenridge
- Rally in Grand Junction
- Southern Colorado tour, townhalls in Cortez, Durango, and Pagosa Springs

New Mexico
- Cross into New Mexico
- Townhall in Taos
- Rally in Santa Fe
- Rally in Albuquerque

March:
- Kathleen and her campaign will focus on introducing her to Southern voters, highlighting her moderate record, success as governor, and plan for investing in rural America

1-10th:

Alabama
- Fly to Selma
- Attend ceremonies honoring Selma march
- Listening tour in central Alabama, with events in Selma, Tuskeegee, and Troy
- Rally in Montgomery
- Rally in Birmingham
- Eastern tour with marquee event in Anniston

Georgia
- Cross into Georgia
- Townhall in Carrollton
- Rally in Atlanta
- Listening tour with marquee events in Athens, Rosswell, and Augusta

11-20th:

South Carolina
- Cross into South Carolina
- Townhalls in Aiken, Edgefield, and Lexington
- Rally in Columbia
- Townhalls in Sumter, Camden, and Lake City
- Rally in Florence
- Tour of coastal South Carolina, speaking with communities impacted by climate change, rallies in Myrtle Beach, Georgetown, and Charleston

21-31st:

Tennessee
- Fly to Chattanooga
- Rally in Chattanooga
- Townhalls in Manchester and Murfreesboro
- Rally in Nashville
- Rally in Franklin
- Townhalls in Dickson and Lexington
- Rally in Jackson

Missouri
- Cross into Missouri
- Townhalls in Kennet, Sikeston, and Perryville
- Rally in Chesterfield
- Rally in St Louis

April:

- The campaign's focus in April will be to introduce Kathleen to voters in the Northeast, highlighting her executive experience, plan to make college more affordable, and her anti-corruption plan

New Hampshire:
- Fly to Manchester
- Rally in Manchester
- Rally in Concord
- Listening tour of Northern New Hampshire, visiting orchards and agricultural communities
- Marquee events in Laconia, Woodstock, and Lancaster
- Rallies in Dover and Portsmouth

Massachusetts:

- Cross into Massachusetts
- Rally in Salem
- Rally in Boston
- Tour of Massachusetts with marquee events in Worcester, Springfield, and Pittsfield

New York:
- Cross into New York
- Rally in Albany
- Townhalls in Saratoga Springs, Gloversville, Utica, and Rome
- Rally in Syracuse
- Townhalls in Auburn, Ithaca, and Newark
- Rally in Rochester
- Rally in Buffalo
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 04:10:58 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Democratic Townhall Responses

US China Bilateral at World Health Assembly by United States Mission Geneva, on Flickr

Opening statement:
“I know many of you are just meeting me, so I’ll introduce myself. I’m Kathleen Sebelius, I’ve been a businesswoman, I was the first Democrat to be elected Insurance Commissioner of Kansas in over a century, and I’ve been the Governor since 2003. During my time as Governor, we’ve erased a billion-dollar debt without raising taxes or cutting the education budget, in fact, we expanded education funding in the state. Here’s the thing, I couldn’t do it alone, not only did I build a coalition of voters across the political spectrum, but I also built a governing coalition in the Kansas legislature of Democrats and moderate Republicans. That’s the task that the next President will have, building an electoral coalition to win and a Congressional coalition to govern, and I’m here tonight to explain why I’m the candidate best equipped for that challenge.”

Typical political wisdom would say that after 16 years of Democratic control in the White House, that the American people would opt for a Republican candidate. How are you best equipped to win over independents and Republicans to keep the Democrats in the White House for another 4 years?

“Well, as a Democrat that’s been elected four times statewide in Kansas, I have experience winning over Independents and Republicans. We have to be honest with American voters about our values, even when we disagree. During both of my campaigns for Governor, I had longtime Republicans come up to me and say, ‘I’m pro-life, and I’ve never voted for a pro-choice candidate, but I like your education plan, so I’m voting for you.’ As much as the media and special interests in Washington would like you to believe otherwise, Americans care more about kitchen table issues like healthcare and education than the wedge issue of the week.

The campaign I’m running is centered on kitchen table issues like making college or trade school available to everyone, expanding healthcare coverage, and rooting out corruption and wasteful spending. Democrats can win in November if we participate in the politics of addition, expanding our tent and the electoral map, not writing any state or group of voters off just because of a focus group.”

In 2006, Congress repealed Don't Ask, Don't Tell which did not allow gay, bisexual, or transgender people to serve in the military. Do you agree with this action by Congress, and if elected, would you be in favor of repealing the Defense of Marriage Act?

“Congress did the right thing repealing Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell and I applaud the decision. No one who is serving their country should worry about being discharged based on their sexuality. As Governor, I signed a law protecting LGBT employees of the state from discrimination, and as President, I will do the same for federal employees.

I’m a firm believer in federalism, so I believe the issue of same-sex marriage is best left up to individual states. As long as section 3 of the Defense of Marriage Act is law, states cannot make that decision. As President, I would work to ensure the rights of states are respected and that same-sex couples in states passing civil unions are entitled to the same rights as heterosexual couples by overturning DOMA and allowing individual states to make their own decisions without interference from the federal government.”

Some critics of President Gore have said that the Department of Homeland Security isn't needed because there have only been small terror attacks, which aren't worthy of creating a whole new federal government department. Where do you stand on the Department of Homeland Security?

“I don’t think it’s wise to rush to judgment here, as those of us here on this stage aren’t briefed on the same intelligence as the President, so I’m not ready to support shuttering the Department of Homeland Security without having all the information in front of me. What I can and will commit to is a full audit of the federal government, including this department. I believe the taxpayers deserve to know their dollars are being spent as efficiently as possible in every area, which is why I also will put out year-end reports on our government programs to shine a light on where your money is going and how it’s being spent. We’re going to be accountable to the American people, not lobbyists or special interest groups in Washington.”

For Governor Sebelius: In 2003, the death penalty was outlawed for federal crimes. Do you agree with this action taken by the federal government and the Gore administration?

“I’m personally opposed to capital punishment, and I’m happy to see the President making this decision. We owe the American people an honest discussion about the death penalty, how it’s used, and how much it costs them. As the Governor of Kansas, I signed a bill that would end capital punishment and replace the sentence with Life Without Parole, which not only saves the taxpayer money but also allows us to account for the cases of people who should never walk the streets again. I truly believe it is the better choice for us as a country to move past using the death penalty, and as President, I would continue this policy.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 03:21:36 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Surrogate Schedule

Senator Ben Nelson will be heading the Iowa arm of the Sebelius campaign, leveraging his elevated name ID in western Iowa due to representing a neighboring state. The Senator will spend his time primarily barnstorming Council Bluffs, Sioux City, and the areas in between, campaigning on Kathleen’s bipartisan record as Governor of Kansas and ability to win over Independent and even Republican voters.

Roll out the endorsement of Governor Claire McCaskill

Source

“I’m proud to endorse a fellow Democratic woman serving as Governor, especially of a neighboring state. Governor Kathleen Sebelius has been a real leader, she works hard to make life better for everyone in her state, whether you’re a Democrat, Republican, or neither. She knows how to balance a budget, work across the aisle, and find solutions to problems facing her constituents. Now more than ever, that’s what we need out of our President.”

Governor Claire McCaskill will split her time campaigning in her own state of Missouri and in neighboring Iowa. Governor McCaskill will primarily work out of the Kansas City campaign office and coordinate frequently with Kathleen on strategy. When campaigning, the Governor will highlight Kathleen’s steadfast commitment to both the second amendment and keeping abortion safe, legal, and rare as Governor of Kansas. She will also point out Kathleen’s approach to trade being a middle of the road approach that won’t upend agricultural communities that benefit from freer trade but will address the problems of bad trade deals hurting manufacturing communities. While Senator Nelson’s region for campaigning is western Iowa, McCaskill will stump across southern Iowa, working on outreach in the region that borders her own state, with headlining events in Des Moines and Iowa City, and smaller events in between and south of each.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 05:30:24 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Early Summer Schedule

Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius at the DNC by
WEBN-TV, on Flickr

Roll out new policies on the road:

Make banks work for you: re-implement postal banking, allowing underbanked communities, those in poverty, and rural communities to all have greater access to a bank. Reinstate Glass–Steagall Sections 20 and 32, protecting consumers and the market from the risks of uniting investment and commercial banking

Immigration reform: Form bipartisan policy team on immigration, work to pass the bipartisan DREAM Act. Go after businesses that hire undocumented immigrants, paying them a sub-minimum wage, rather than the immigrants themselves.

May: Return to Iowa and begin introduction to West Coast

1-8: Iowa
Joint rally with Governor Claire McCaskill in Des Moines
Tour West Des Moines school district, hold a roundtable with educators and parents about education policy
Speech at Iowa State University in Ames, touting Governor Sebelius’ plan to make education more affordable, in particular cutting out the middleman by allowing the Dept of Education to issue loans directly to students
Rally in Marshalltown
Rally in Waterloo
Rally in Cedar Rapids
Spend several days in Dubuque, holding student townhalls, educator roundtables, and rallies at the various colleges in the city

9-13: Arizona
Fly to Tucson
Rally in Tucson
Hold a series of townhalls in Phoenix suburbs, with events in Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, and Glendale
Rally in Phoenix

14-15: Nevada
Cross into Nevada
Rally in Henderson
Tour casinos and hotels in Las Vegas, holding a style of ‘listening tour’ where the Governor hears the policy concerns of workers there

16-20: California
Cross into California
Rallies in Victorville, Anaheim, and San Bernadino
Large rally in Los Angeles, speaking on immigration
Townhalls in Santa Barbara and Bakersfield
Listening tour townhalls en route to San Francisco
Rally in San Francisco

21-23rd: Oregon
Cross into Oregon
Townhalls in Medford, Eugene, and Salem
Rally in Portland

24-26th: Washington

Townhalls in Olympia, Kent, and Tacoma
Speak at the University of Washington in Seattle
Rally in Seattle

27-31: Back to Iowa
Fly to Davenport
Rally in Davenport
Hold townhalls across the southern half of the state, joined in various ones by Governor Claire McCaskill and Senator Ben Nelson, with events in Mt Pleasant, Centerville, Leon, Creston, Atlantic, and Avoca

June: Early state investment and Super Tuesday presence

1-5: New Hampshire
Fly to Manchester
Open NH Campaign HQ in Manchester
Rally in Manchester
Speak at Southern New Hampshire University
Rally in Concord
Rally in Dover

6-10: South Carolina
Fly to Charleston
Visit Port of Charleston
Townhall in Charleston on trade
Townhalls in Summerville, Orangeburg, and Lexington
Open SC Campaign HQ in Columbia
Educator roundtable at University of South Carolina
Rally in Finlay Park
Townhall in Aiken

11-15: Georgia
Cross into Georgia
Rally in Augusta
Townhall in Sandersville
Rally in Macon
Townhalls in Dublin and Statesboro
Rally in Savannah
Barnstorm local businesses in Savannah
Tour coast of Georgia, holding townhalls in Brunswick and Kingsland

16-20: Florida
Cross into Florida
Rally in Jacksonville
Townhall tour of Florida, with events in Gainesville, Ocala, Orlando, Melbourne, and Fort Lauderdale
Wrap up Florida tour with a rally in Miami

21-23: Minnesota
Fly to Duluth
Hold a roundtable in Duluth on investing and protecting agritourism
Rally in St Cloud
Rally in Minneapolis, highlighting Kathleen’s support of anti-discrimination protections for the LGBT community
Hold roundtables at the various higher education facilities in St Paul

24-26: New Jersey
Fly into Trenton
Visit charter schools in Trenton
Rally in Edison on renegotiating NAFTA
Visit Port Newark
Rally in Newark

27-30: New York
Cross into New York
Five Borough tour of New York, visiting schools and businesses holding townhalls and roundtables in every borough
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 03:09:19 PM »

Governor Kathleen Sebelius Statement on Senator McCain's Diagnosis and Withdrawal from Campaign

"Senator John McCain and I may be in different political parties, but he is a committed public servant who has fought for this country his entire life. Cancer is a devastating diagnosis, but it is up against a fighter who won't back down when things get tough. I wish for a speedy recovery for him and his family, and I look forward to working with him as President."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 06:56:44 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Late Summer Schedule

Secretary of Health and Human Services 4 by IU School of Medicine, on Flickr

July: Ramp up campaign organization in early states, work to coordinate volunteers and staffers

1-4:

Back home to Kansas, spend the Fourth of July with family

5-8: Missouri

Cross into Missouri
Rally in Kansas City
Townhalls in Rich Hills, Bolivar, and Wheatland
Open campaign office in Springfield
Rally in Springfield
Roundtables in Lebanon, St Robert, and Rolla
Rally in Jefferson City
Tour of higher education facilities in Columbia, holding townhalls at each
Rally in St Louis

9-11: Illinois

Townhalls in Litchfield and Edwardsville
Visit Lincoln's Presidential Library
Rally in Bloomington
Visit ethanol plants in Peoria, speak with workers about investing more in the industry
Townhall in Galesburg
Rally in Moline

12-15: Iowa

Cross into Iowa
Open campaign office in Davenport
Rally in Davenport on devolving funds to states for environmental disasters such as the flood of 1993
Rally at the University of Iowa in Iowa City
Open campaign office in Cedar Rapids
Tour corn processing plants in Cedar Rapids
Rally at Waterloo Center for the Arts
Townhalls in Waverly, Charles City, and Osage

16-18: Minnesota

Townhalls in Austin and Kasson
Tour Mayo Clinic in Rochester
Roundtable with medical professionals in Rochester
Townhalls in Bloomington and St Paul
Rally in Minneapolis

19-22: New Hampshire

Fly to Nashua
Rally in Nashua
Visit orchards in Londonderry, stumping on protecting agritourism
Rally in Manchester
Rally in Concord
Townhall in Hillsboro
Open campaign office in Keene
Rally in Keene
Northern tour of the state with events in Claremont, Lebanon, Littleton, Woodstock, and Laconia

23-26: South Carolina

Fly to Rock Hill
Open campaign office in Rock Hill
Tour small businesses in Rock Hill, speaking with owners and employees
Townhalls in York and Union
Roundtables at each of the 8 colleges in Spartanburg
Townhall in Greer
Rally in Greenville
Townhalls in Easley and Central
Rally in Anderson

27-30: Georgia

Cross into Georgia
Rally in Athens
Townhalls in Monroe and Lawrenceville
Education roundtable in Roswell
Speak at Kennesaw State University
Rally in Atlanta
Townhalls in Newnan and LaGrange

August: Continue building ground game, expand online operation for fundraising and email lists

1-3: Alabama

Cross into Alabama
Townhall in Auburn
Rally in Tuskeegee
Rally in Montgomery
Townhalls in Clanton and Hoover
Rally in Birmingham

4-6: Nevada

Fly to Reno
Rally in Reno
Rally in Carson City
Townhalls en route to Las Vegas, speaking with voters on investing in rural infrastructure
Open campaign office in Las Vegas
Rally in Las Vegas
Rally in Henderson

7-9: Arizona

Townhalls in Kingman, Wikieup, Congress, and Surprise
Rally in Phoenix
Tour of local businesses in Phoenix
Rally in Flagstaff

10-11: Utah

Cross into Utah
Small townhalls across Utah, travelling to Salt Lake City
Rally in Salt Lake City

12-16: Michigan

Fly to Detroit
Rally in Detroit
Tour GM facility in Warren
Rally in Warren
Rally in Flint
Speak at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor
Tour local businesses in Ann Arbor
Open campaign office in Ann Arbor
Townhall in Jackson
Speak at Michigan State University
Rally in Lansing

17-19: Tennessee

Fly to Nashville
Rally in Nashville
Townhalls in Camden and Lexington
Rally in Jackson
Townhalls in Brownsville and Arlington
Rally in Memphis

20-22: Arkansas

Townhalls in Wynne and Brinkley
Rally in Little Rock
Rally in Conway
Townhalls in Russellville, Clarksville, and Ozark
Rally in Fort Smith

23-25: Oklahoma

Townhall in Muskogee
Rally in Tulsa on energy policy
Townhalls in Stillwater and Edmond
Open campaign office in Oklahoma City
Rally in Oklahoma City

26-29: Colorado

Fly to Denver
Open campaign office in Denver
Rally at Civic Center Park in Denver
Visit Buckley Air Force Base
Townhalls in Castle Rock and Monument
Hold technology roundtable in Colorado Springs, speaking with leaders on how best to invest in tech jobs
Rally in Colorado Springs

30-31: Iowa

Fly to Des Moines
Rally in Des Moines
Roundtable in West Des Moines
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 11:08:30 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius September Campaign Schedule

Source

Policy Rollout

Taxes and Spending:
Require the government to match spending increases with cuts elsewhere to better balance the budget
Extend and expand research and development tax breaks
Middle-class tax credit towards retirement
Reduce occupational licensing regulations for small businesses

1-5: Florida

Fly to Orlando
Rally in Orlando
Visit Kennedy Space Center
Rally in Ocala
Visit local businesses in Gainesville, speaking about investing more in small businesses
Rally at University of Florida
Townhalls in Lake City and Madison
Rally in Tallahassee on balancing the budget
Townhalls in Live Oak and Perry
Tour Jacksonville port
Rally in Jacksonville

6: Georgia:

Cross into Georgia
Townhall in Brunswick
Rally in Savannah

7-10: South Carolina

Cross into South Carolina
Townhalls in Hilton Head Island and Beaufort
Rally in Charleston on small business investment
Tour Boeing facility in Charleston
Townhalls in Summerville, St George, and Orangeburg
Rally in Columbia
Townhalls in Camden and Bishopville
Open campaign office in Florence
Rally in Florence

11-12: Massachusetts

Fly to Boston
Rally in Boston
Townhalls in Cambridge and Lynn
Rally in Lowell

13-17: New Hampshire

Cross into New Hampshire
Open campaign office in Nashua
Rally in Nashua
Rally in Londonderry
Rally in Merrimack
Rally in Manchester on education plan
Roundtable in Hooksett
Rally in Concord
Townhall in Dover
Rally in Portsmouth

18-23: Iowa

Fly to Dubuque
Hold roundtables with small business owners and employees in Dubuque
Open campaign office in Dubuque
Townhalls in Dyersville and Monticello
Visit Quaker Oats mill in Cedar Rapids
Rally in Cedar Rapids
Rally in Iowa City
Speak at University of Iowa
Townhalls in Marshalltown and Ames
Rally in Des Moines
Townhalls in Avoca and Onawa
Rally in Sioux City on investing in rural infrastructure

24-25: Nebraska

Cross into Nebraska
Townhalls in Wayne, Freemont, and West Point
Rally in Omaha with Senator Nelson
Tour ethanol plants in Omaha, speaking with employees
Speak at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln

26-27: New Mexico

Fly to Albuquerque
Rally in Albuquerque
Townhalls in Bernalillo and Agua Fria
Rally in Santa Fe

28: Michigan

Fly to Detroit
Open campaign office in Detroit
Rally in Detroit

29-30: Iowa

Fly to Des Moines
Rally in Des Moines
Small business roundtable in West Des Moines
Rally in Ames
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 04:51:02 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius October Schedule

Source

October strategy:

Having built larger name recognition, Kathleen Sebelius’ campaign will now shift gears to convincing voters that she is the best choice to unite the party in the fall. The Governor and her supporters will highlight her pragmatism over continued ideological purity tests, working to give Kansans a balanced budget alongside increased funding for education. She believes her more progressive social policies alongside her more moderate fiscal policies will attract a wide variety of Democrats, Independents, and moderate Republicans. Kathleen’s outreach will be focused on rural voters who are often overlooked in national campaigns, suburban women who are often put off by extremism, and outreach to Black and Hispanic voters who share her preference for pragmatism.

1-3: Virginia

Fly to Richmond
Rally in Richmond
Townhalls in Manassas and Fredericksburg, speaking with business owners on extending small business tax credits
Loudoun County roundtable on voting for a pragmatic choice
Rally in Fairfax
Rally in Arlington

4-5: Maryland

Cross into Maryland
Rally in Bethesda
Rally in Rockville on passing an individual mandate for healthcare
Rally in Gaithersburg

6-9: Minnesota

Fly to Minneapolis
Open campaign office in Minneapolis
Rally in Minneapolis
Townhalls in Bloomington and Faribault
Rally in Rochester
Townhall in Austin

10-15: Iowa

Cross into Iowa
Rally in Mason City
Townhalls in Clarion and Humboldt
Roundtable with miners in Fort Dodge
Townhalls in Storm Lake and Sheldon
Rally in Sioux City
Townhalls in Sergeant Bluffs and Onawa
Southwestern tour with events in Red Oak, Walnut, and Lenox
Visit West Des Moines public schools
Rally in West Des Moines
Rally in Des Moines
Townhalls in Osceola and Leon

16-18: Missouri

Cross into Missouri
Townhalls in Eagleville and Cameron
Visit food processing plant in St Joseph
Rally in St Joseph
Rally in Kansas City on relocating federal agencies throughout the US to better serve the people
Townhalls in Higginsville and Arrow Rock
Rally in Columbia

19-22: California

Fly to San Francisco
Rally in San Francisco on supporting civil rights for LGBT people
Townhalls in Berkeley and Vallejo
Rally in Concord
Rally in Vacaville
Townhalls in Winters and Davis
Rally in Sacramento
Open campaign office in Sacramento
Rally in Roseville

23-24: Nevada

Cross into Nevada
Rally in Reno on extending and expanding tax credits for working families
Rally in Carson City
Rally in Las Vegas

25-27: Colorado
Fly to Grand Junction
Rally in Grand Junction
Townhalls en route to Denver, with events in Rifle, Avon, and Keystone, highlighting the Governor’s support of the Second Amendment
Rally in Lakewood
Roundtable with local business owners in Denver, hoping to replicate the success of investment by Denver on the national scale
Rally in Denver

28-31: New Hampshire

Fly to Concord
Rally in Concord
Open campaign office in Laconia
Townhalls in Laconia and Gilford
Townhalls in Wolfeboro and Rochester
Rally in Dover
Rally in Portsmouth
Rally in Manchester
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 09:18:41 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Debate Responses

Source

Opening Statement:

“I’d like to start by thanking South Carolina State University for hosting us, our moderator Tom, and everyone watching in the crowd and at home.

I’m Kathleen Sebelius, and I have been proud of my service to the people of the great state of Kansas. As Insurance Commissioner, I updated our system to make it more efficient, cut out unnecessary regulations, and passed bills to make the insurance system easier to navigate for consumers, like requiring maternity coverage,  creating an anti-fraud system to monitor agents and agencies alike, and passing a patients’ bill of rights. I also didn’t take a dime from insurance companies in my runs for office, letting consumers know I’m on your side, not the side of corporations.

As Governor, I spearheaded the largest increase in education funding in the state, worked to pass bills increasing and diversifying our state’s energy production, and fought for the individual rights of all Kansans. The best part, I was able to do this while making our government work better for the people by getting rid of millions in wasteful spending and eliminating a billion-dollar debt. Now doesn’t that sound exactly like what Washington DC needs?

As President, I plan on modernizing the US government, bringing our technology up to speed for the modern era. I will create a task force to audit spending and make the results available in a yearly report. I will support and build upon President Gore’s plan to expand healthcare to Americans, letting people shop for prescription drugs from our allies, reducing costs to consumers, and strengthening our relationships abroad. Mostly as President, I will be accountable to the American people, not special interests or party leaders.”

For Governor Sebelius: You have suggested that Democrats need to “expand their tent” to win again after 16 years in the White House. What do you say to those who seem to want to drag the party farther to the left, potentially alienating some of the moderate independents and Republicans who, as you’ve said, have helped propel you to elected office in Kansas four times?

“While I have immense respect for my fellow candidates, I can’t in good faith endorse the idea that we should become more ideologically stringent as a party. In fact, making this nomination contest a race to whoever can run the furthest left risks throwing away all of the progress we have been able to make over the past sixteen years. We can't risk this progress just for the sake of good sound bites and headlines.

Whoever we nominate on this stage has quite the challenge in November, to win a fifth consecutive term for our party. That means we have to be able to build coalitions, it means we have to be able to reach out beyond our base of support and be willing to win over hearts and minds. That means we need the right kind of experience, like governing a state, balancing a budget, and being able to work across the aisle for the betterment of everyone. I believe that’s what sets me apart and makes me the strongest nominee our party could choose.”

Closing Statement:

“We need a President who can meet the moment. Someone who isn’t more of the same old Washington promises with no results. We need someone who understands how to build a lasting coalition, stand up against special interests, and do the hard work of governing.

When I go out to meet with voters and talk to them, I hear so much about how they’re ready for a change. Many of them like what our President has done, but they’re ready for fresh ideas and new leadership. Here’s the thing, these voters deserve more than platitudes and promises, they deserve ideas and plans to address the concerns they have. It’s why I have spent so much time talking to educators and parents on where the federal government is failing our students, it’s why I go out and talk to small business owners who are being ravaged by bad trade deals and being held to the same standards as multi-million dollar corporations, it’s why I talk to voters in red, blue, and purple states who are concerned with the lack of efficiency of our government programs. These are the issues that face our next President.

I truly believe I’m the candidate that has not only the right experience as a Governor of a red state but also the one who has the plans to address the kitchen table issues that most Americans are concerned about. If you agree, I ask that you’ll support me. Thank you and God bless you!”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2020, 09:16:30 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius Comments on the Clinton Endorsement Scandal

“I have a lot of respect for Senator Clinton and the work she’s done, but it’s become clear the Democratic establishment of Washington is lining up to appoint her as our nominee. Well, it’s a good thing that your vote and mine are just as valuable as Senators Daschle and Lincoln, because this primary is far from over! I don’t care to focus on any sort of backroom maneuvering, as I’d rather be talking to you about how to fix our healthcare and education systems. We’re in this not because we have powerful friends in Washington, but because the American people deserve a President who is their advocate!”

(Note: this is from my phone and subject to editing once I get to my laptop)
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 12:05:23 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2020, 09:30:49 AM by Mycool »

Kathleen Sebelius Runs Ad "Experience We Need"

"Politicians in Washington think that change is too hard. They would rather attend fundraisers and lobbying events than advocate for the very people they promise to serve."

"This has led to the American public being disillusioned, with increasing debt, threats of cuts to education, and attacks on the rights of individuals."

"While Congress has argued and raced to take positions outside of the mainstream to get more media attention, Governor Kathleen Sebelius has been hard at work."

"When she won her elected to Governor, she inherited a state on the brink of an economic crisis, with over a billion-dollar debt, a recession, and millions in wasteful spending."

"Kathleen managed to audit the state's spending, saving millions, balanced the budget, and fought to keep education funding safe from budget cuts."

"She has a plan to bring this style of bipartisan leadership to Washington, auditing spending and making the results public, giving the American people insight into how their money is being spent."

"Kathleen will fight for your Second Amendment right and will keep abortion safe, legal, and rare."

"Governor Kathleen Sebelius has the type of Experience We Need."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 09:45:52 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius Releases Statement Regarding Sen Obama

"I want to thank Senator Obama for running this year, and I personally think his voice is important to the conversation Democrats are having this year. As a fellow Midwesterner, I know our region is crucial for us to win the White House, and I will take up the mantle of representing and advocating for the Midwest as the race goes on. We can't lose focus on what this race is all about. It's about building a better America for people in every single region or demographic, whether urban or rural, Midwest or Northeast or South, black or white, Democrat or Republican."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 12:44:10 PM »

DSCN0658-sebelius by GovWin a Deltek Network, on Flickr

Opening statement:

“It’s so good to be here in Las Vegas. Thank you for having us, Paris, and for moderating us, Wolf. We’ve got a big choice to make next year, it’s a choice that will define the Democratic Party’s future, and the frontrunners would like you to think our choice is binary, we either rest our laurels on the successes of the past two administrations and become the party of the status quo or we radicalize and rush to the left, alienating Independents and moderate Republicans that are put off by extremism in either party. I reject the idea that the Democratic Party is stuck in this binary.

The truth is, we have to pull off something historic if we want to fix what’s broken in Washington and deliver real progress to the American people. We need fresh ideas from outside of the Washington establishment, we need someone with a record of bipartisan support and the right kind of experience. I believe I am that candidate, as the Governor of a red, Midwestern state, I know what it takes to build coalitions with moderate Republicans and Independents, I know how to balance a budget without cutting essential programs, and I know how to take on powerful interests working against the needs of the American people. I’m running for President to be the people’s advocate in Washington, not to be an avatar of the status quo or fringe movements."

For Governor Sebelius: You have called for the auditing of government spending if you are elected President. How do you intend to ensure such audits are not themselves corrupted by Washington's influence?

The federal government needs to be held to the same responsibility as the taxpayers who fund it, which is why I’ve outlined my plan for an audit similar to what I did in Kansas. I built a team of business leaders, citizens, and policymakers, that way there was diversity in experience and backgrounds to prevent the audit from being yet another partisan battle. I plan on recreating these Budget Efficiency Savings Teams, or BEST, on the Federal level with leadership from both parties, small business owners, and a board of citizens from each region in the country. Like in Kansas, these teams will be in charge of auditing the government and suggesting solutions and innovations that both reduce waste and encourage modernization.

But here’s the best part, we won’t have to just take these teams at their word, under my plan, our yearly spending and audits will be available publicly online. I believe this is an important step to strengthening trust in our government while adding an extra layer of accountability and oversight by the American public. In Kansas, this same policy led to $1 billion in savings without a single cut to essential services or tax increase, so imagine scaling that up to the Federal level. As President, I will hold our government accountable to the people we serve, the American public.”

Closing statement:

“Tonight we heard a variety of ideas of which direction we should choose to move our party. On the extremes, we have business as usual and radicalize for the sake of novelty. I’m here to offer a different path forward. This path is one of fighting corruption and waste in Washington while opening up transparency for the American people. This path is one that puts our rights before the interests of lobbyists, one that requires real leadership and the right kind of experience.

As your nominee and your President, I will take what’s worked in my time as Insurance Commissioner and Governor of Kansas and scale it up to the Federal level, fighting for consumers not insurance companies when it comes to healthcare law, respecting our Second Amendment rights, and making sure our government is working for all of us, regardless of our political party or ideology. If you’re ready for a new path forward, please join this movement of making our government accountable to all of us! Thank you, and God bless.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 11:10:21 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius November Schedule

Source

1-7: Iowa

Fly to Sioux City
Rally in Sioux City
“I’ll be honest with you, we’ve got a tough road ahead. I’m not a Washington politician with 30 years of entrenchment with the political establishment. I’ve lived in the Midwest my whole life, and in Kansas since 1974. For me, championing the needs of this region is more than just political bluster, it’s about our home. Iowa has a chance to say no to the status quo and forge a new path forward, a political system that works for those of us in Middle America, rather than only showing up to county fairs when election season comes around.”
Townhall in Merrill
Rally in Le Mars
Townhalls in Cherokee, Sac City, and Fort Dodge
Rally in Ames
Townhall in Ankeny
Business roundtable in West Des Moines
Rally in Des Moines
Tour Marshalltown Company manufacturing plant
Rally in Waterloo
Speak at University of Northern Iowa
Townhalls in Dyersville and Independence
Rally in Dubuque

8-10: New Hampshire

Fly to Manchester
Rally in Manchester
Small business townhall in Londonderry
Rally in Nashua
“New Hampshire, I think you’ve got one hell of a motto, ‘live free or die.’ This is a state full of people who refuse to be told what to do, and that extends to politics here. Unfortunately, we’ve got some power players in Washington that want to tell the people of New Hampshire how to vote by engaging in backroom deals and big endorsement rollouts to keep the status quo in Washington alive by anointing a frontrunner. If I’ve learned anything campaigning here, it’s that you all won’t let that work because you know the status quo won’t do. We can’t allow powerful interests to select a candidate who represents politics as usual. We need to bring change to Washington, and that’s what I plan on doing.”
Townhalls in Amherst and Peterborough
Educator roundtables in Hillsboro and Henniker
Rally in Concord

11-15: Michigan

Fly to Detroit
Rally in Detroit, put out statement for Veteran’s Day
Union roundtable in Detroit, speaking with leaders about how to strengthen and modernize unions
Small business townhalls in Detroit suburbs
Rally in Flint

"I think Middle America deserves a candidate who shows up even when they're not running for national office. We don't need Washington insiders telling us who to support, and we don't need more of the same. What we need is a President who knows how to balance a budget, who can work across the aisle to get things done, who can navigate a crisis and lead. Not only that, but we've got to have someone who can inspire hope for our future. If Democrats want to win Middle America, we can't get complacent and run on a fifth Clinton term, we've got to acknowledge the successes of the past two administrations and put forward a plan to build on them."

Townhall in Birch Run
Rally in Saginaw
Rally in Midland
Rally in Lansing
Rally in Grand Rapids

16-21: Florida

Fly to Orlando
Open campaign office in Orlando
Small business roundtable in Orlando
Townhalls in Kissimmee and Lakeland
Rally in Tampa
Townhalls in St. Petersburg and Clearwater
Roundtables in Sarasota and Fort Myers
Rally in Miami

"I am so proud of so much of what we've been able to accomplish in Kansas, and I want to bring that to all 50 states. One of the most impactful programs has been our drug importation program, I-saveRx, which allows consumers to negotiate drug prices with our allies. This is the exact sort of common sense solution I hope ends up in Gorecare, and I will be watching closely and pushing from outside of Washington to be sure we can keep drug costs low. I believe we can work together and expand healthcare coverage all while keeping costs down."

Open campaign office in Miami
Rally in Fort Lauderdale
Rally in West Palm Beach

22-24:
Kansas

Thanksgiving with family in Kansas

25-30: Iowa

Fly to Dubuque
Rally in Dubuque
Townhalls in Maquoketa and DeWitt
Rally in Davenport
Roundtable in West Liberty
Rally in Iowa City

"Here's the thing, when politicians in Washington talk about guns, you can tell that they don't own them. There's such a clear differentiation between a law-abiding citizen exercising their right and someone who wants to do harm. I'm all for common sense compromise here, like preventing concealed carry laws, as they only increase the chance for accidents to happen. But, I'm not about to look my neighbors in the eye and say that even though they're a collector or a hunter and have done everything by the book that they should lose their Constitutional right."

Townhalls in North Liberty and Mt Vernon
Rally in Cedar Rapids
Townhalls in Tama and Newton
Rally in Des Moines
Rally in Ames
Rally in Fort Dodge
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2020, 10:21:17 AM »

Fellow Governors Endorse Kathleen Sebelius

Governor Bill Richardson (NM)

Source

“I’ve long been a proponent of the chief executive having actual executive experience, and I’m glad to see we have a viable candidate with the kind of record that New Mexicans can get behind. I’m proud to endorse my fellow Governor Kathleen Sebelius. Washington needs a leader who isn’t afraid to tackle the tough issues like balancing our budget and enacting education reform. Kathleen has the experience we need in Washington, and I look forward to working to get her elected.”

The Governors will hit the campaign trail on behalf of Governor Sebelius in December. Governor Bill Richardson will attend the opening of the Albuquerque campaign office, meeting with staff and volunteers. The Governor will hold rallies in Las Cruces, Albuquerque, and Santa Fe, with smaller events in between. He will highlight Sebelius' energy policy being strong for states like New Mexico and endorse her audit of the federal budget as a step towards fiscal accountability in Washington. Closer to the end of December, Richardson will cross over into Colorado, hoping to capitalize on his name recognition in the neighboring state. While there, he will continue the strategy utilized in New Mexico, with events in Trinidad, Pueblo, and La Junta.

Governor Janet Napolitano (AZ)

Source

“Democrats face a tough choice for the direction of our party. Do we play up to the left and risk alienating Independents and moderate Republicans? Or do we go with the status quo, potentially depressing turnout among our base? There’s one candidate in this race who offers a new way, and that’s why I’m endorsing Governor Kathleen Sebelius for President. In order to win in November and make sure we defend and expand on the progress we’ve made, we can’t afford to write off states like Kansas and Arizona just because they’re traditionally Republican-leaning. Kathleen has a record of creating a winning coalition by defending both the rights of Americans to own a gun and to keep abortion safe, legal, and rare. Kathleen knows what it takes to not just win, but to enact positive, lasting change.”

Governor Janet Napolitano will split her time on the campaign trail between her own state of Arizona and the early state, Nevada. Opening the campaign HQ in Tucson, Napolitano will highlight Sebelius' common sense approach to policy, comparing it to her own. With rallies in Tucson, Mesa, and Phoenix, Napolitano will focus on Sebelius' College for All plan in her stump speech. Outside of Arizona, Napolitano will make several stops in the Las Vegas metro, visiting the Nevada campaign office there, holding rallies in Las Vegas, Henderson, and Paradise, and coordinating strategy with the national campaign.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 03:49:05 PM »

Source

Opening statement:

“I want to thank our moderator, Charles Gibson, and St. Anselm College for having us here tonight. America is the best country on Earth, but we should always be striving for a more perfect union. When I talk to people around the country I hear the same concerns in New Hampshire as I do in California, people are worried about the quality and affordability of education, they are turned off by corruption and lack of accountability in Washington, and they are hungry for change. The next President must face these challenges head-on and commit to working for the American people rather than powerful interests.

Tonight, we are having a debate about the future of not only the Democratic Party but also the country. I’m on this stage to tell you if Democrats become the party of the status quo, we will forfeit any of the progress of the past two administrations. If we become the party of the far left, we will lose any opportunity for building upon that hard-earned progress. This campaign represents a new way forward, a Democratic party that values a balanced budget and a modernized education system, one that wants to expand healthcare and root out corruption, one that respects the right to own a gun and believes Roe v Wade is settled law. That’s the movement my candidacy represents.”

For Governor Sebelius: You've risen from someone little known outside her home state to tied for the lead in this hard-fought primary race. How do you intend to improve on this status in what has so far proven to be an environment constantly in flux?

“I’m incredibly humbled by the reaction we’ve received to my candidacy and the campaign we’re running. When I got into this race, I knew there was a steep hill to climb to both introduce myself to voters and run against candidates with deep, institutional connections and a long history in the public eye. However, I believed then as I do now that America is ready for a change away from politics as usual. Americans want and deserve a government that is modern, efficient, and fair, and I will work to make that a reality in Washington.

So, how will I continue to build upon this momentum we currently have? I pledge to continue listening, learning, and offering solutions to the problems we’re facing. I am committed to representing this grassroots movement that is fighting for an accountable government, for better education and healthcare, and for the rights of the individual. This campaign isn’t just about me, it’s about getting to work for the American people.”

Closing statement:

“I want to thank everyone for tuning in to hear all of our different plans for the Democratic Party and the Presidency. The problems we face as a country are difficult to solve but they’re not insurmountable, and our next President faces some real challenges, but I’ve never been afraid of doing the hard work in order to get results. Standing up to insurance companies wasn’t easy, eliminating a billion-dollar debt without education cuts wasn’t easy, being elected statewide in a red state wasn’t easy, but I did it anyway.

It would be all too easy to stand on this stage and advocate for the status quo, a Democrat is in the White House and we’ve made some real progress. But, the status quo isn’t working for everyone, and I believe there’s still work to be done and progress to be made. It would also be easy to take that fact and run far to the left with it, using talking points to get headlines and national attention. But that would serve to alienate moderate Democrats, Independents, and the Republicans who are giving our party a second look. We have to build a big tent if we want to make any of our plans a reality.

The office of the Presidency is no place for someone who wants the easy way out of a problem, it’s for someone who is not afraid of working hard for the people of this great country. And as your President, I will not back down from the hard work of building a more perfect union. Thank you and God bless.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 09:08:36 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Statements on Governor Schweitzer and Senator Feingold

"Governor Schweitzer has been a tireless advocate for Montana, fighting for the values of individual rights, fiscal responsibility, and keeping the government accountable to the people it's supposed to represent. The Governor's voice was so crucial in this race, and it will be missed. I want his supporters to know that they can find a political home as part of this campaign, as we do share those very same values that have been a centerpiece of both Governor Schweitzer's time in office and his campaign for President."

"Senator Feingold is an active proponent of a fairer Washington and is a fighter for the people he represents. It's been my pleasure to get to know him over the time we've been competing for the Presidential nomination, and I look forward to seeing more of his work in the Senate and working with him as President to be sure the interests of the American people are represented. If any of his supporters are looking for someone who will fight for you as hard as Senator Feingold did, I hope you'll give this campaign a second look."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 09:55:15 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Announces New Endorsement

Senator Betty Castor

“As an educator, I am often disappointed by the way politicians talk about education, as they make it abundantly clear they have no idea what they’re talking about. When I read up on Kathleen Sebelius’ plan, I finally saw a politician that knows what she’s talking about. I’m proud to endorse not only her education plan but also her campaign for President. Our next President needs to be able to address problems like our education system head-on, and I believe Kathleen is the best person for the job.”

Source

Senator Betty Castor will chair Kathleen Sebelius' Florida campaign arm, leading a campaign office opening in both Tampa and Tallahassee. In between office openings, Senator Castor will hold events on behalf of Sebelius in St Petersburg, Orlando, and Miami, with smaller events in between. In her stump speech, the Senator will highlight Sebelius' plan for education reform and her record of bipartisanship in Kansas.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2020, 04:28:58 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius December Schedule

Handshake by IU School of Medicine, on Flickr

1-5: Florida

Fly to Tampa
Joint rally with Betty Castor in Tampa, accepting her endorsement
Roundtables with small business owners in Lakeland and Kissimmee
Rally in Orlando
Townhalls in Ocala and The Villages
Rally in Gainesville
Townhall in Starke
Rally in Jacksonville
Townhalls in Lake City and Madison
Rally in Tallahassee

6-10: South Carolina

Fly to Columbia
Rally in Columbia
Townhalls in Irmo and Lexington
Rural community roundtables in Newberry, Laurens, and Greenwood
Rally in Anderson
Open office in Anderson
Rallies in Greenville and Spartanburg
Townhalls in Gaffney and York
Rally in Rock Hill

11-14: New Hampshire

Fly to Manchester
Rally in Manchester
Rally in Concord
Townhall in Tilton
Rally in Laconia
Rally in Woodstock
Tour public schools in northern New Hampshire, speak with educators on investing in communities like theirs

15-17: Nevada

Fly to Las Vegas
Rally in Las Vegas with Governor Napolitano
Roundtables in Paradise and Surprise, talking immigration reform with business leaders and immigrants

18-22: Iowa

Fly to Davenport
Rally in Davenport
Roundtables in Muscatine and Mt Pleasant
Townhall in Riverside
Rally in Iowa City
Townhalls in Williamsburg and Newton
Rally in Des Moines
Visit campaign office in Des Moines, meeting with volunteers
Visit small businesses in West Des Moines, talking to patrons
Townhalls in Osceola and Leon

23: Missouri

Townhalls in Bethany and Cameron
Rally with Governor McCaskill in Kansas City

24-31: Kansas

Spend the holidays with family back home in Kansas
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2020, 06:19:19 PM »

Governor Kathleen Sebelius Releases Statement

“When I got in this race, I was unknown outside of Kansas, now thanks to overwhelming grassroots support, this primary is competitive. Let’s make something clear, I know I’m going up against an establishment that seeks to coronate a nominee, however, I am very much still in this campaign. Let’s not lose sight of what this is all about; delivering results to the American people, making our government accountable to its citizens, and paving a new way forward.”
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2020, 10:52:13 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius Pre-Iowa Schedule and GOTV

January 1-3: Iowa

Fly to Des Moines
Unity Rally in Des Moines with Barbara Lee and Brian Schweitzer

“I have to thank Barbara and Brian for being here today and for endorsing this campaign. We all three know what it’s like to go up against the establishment in Washington DC, and I’m so proud to have you both on this stage with me. We won’t win this campaign with endorsements, we will only win if people are engaged and energized. I hope all of you who supported Barbara Lee or Brian Schweitzer will show up and caucus for me on the 3rd, because together we can pave a new way forward.”

Rallies in Marshalltown and Waterloo

Rally in Cedar Rapids, join team there for GOTV

Leading up to caucus day, surrogates for Kathleen Sebelius will shift their focus to activate the GOTV infrastructure the Governor had been laying. Senator Ben Nelson, a longtime supporter from the neighboring state of Nebraska, will actively campaign in the southwestern portion of Iowa, highlighting Sebelius’ record of bipartisanship as Governor. He will spend caucus day in Sioux City with Governor Brian Schweitzer. Governor Schweitzer will capitalize on his rural support, with events from Des Moines to Sioux City, where he talked to voters about Sebelius’ support of the second amendment while also being the last outsider in the race. Representative Barbara Lee showed strength in cities and amongst young voters, so she will spend her time in Des Moines, holding small events across the city and meeting with the staff and volunteers to coordinate caucusgoer outreach. Finally, Governor Claire McCaskill will hold townhalls across southern Iowa, with explainers on what to expect when you caucus. She will highlight Sebelius’ executive experience and plan to make Washington work for the people. On caucus night, she will coordinate GOTV efforts in Iowa City.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2020, 11:08:29 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius Victory Speech

P1020318 by ProgressOhio, on Flickr

"Iowa, tonight we made history! Together, we have created a movement. This is a movement that believes in the rights of the individual, believes our government should be accountable to the people, and that we all deserve the chance at the American Dream. I could not have done any of this without your support and hard work.

I want to congratulate Senator Clinton on a hard-fought contest here in Iowa. You ran a race here to be proud of. However, we're just getting started. We're going to carry this momentum over to New Hampshire and fight just as hard there as we did here.

I of course want to address the elephant in the room. If anyone knows the whereabouts or any information regarding Russ Feingold, please contact the tipline set up by the authorities. I am praying for Russ and his family."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2020, 11:57:51 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius New Hampshire Schedule and GOTV

Secretary Sebelius Speaking with Reporters, UN Geneva, May 17, 2010 by United States Mission Geneva, on Flickr

January 4-8th:

Fly to Manchester
Rally in Machester on bipartisanship
Roundtables in Londonderry and Amherst
Rally with Governor Deval Patrick in Nashua
Townhalls in Hampstead and Kingston
Rally in Hampton
Rally in Portsmouth
Rally in Dover
Rally in Laconia
GOTV in Concord

Endorsement of Governor Deval Patrick

Deval Patrick by Freedom To Marry, on Flickr

"As this race has gone on, it's clear that voters want an outsider, someone who can come in and clean up Washington. In Kathleen Sebelius, we have an outsider with the right kind of experience to be President. Kathleen has been a champion for Kansas, whether in the state legislature, as Insurance Commissioner, or as Governor. She knows how to work across the aisle and get things done. I believe she is best equipped to not only manage any sort of healthcare overhaul but also making our education system fairer and more affordable."

Governor Deval Patrick will spend his time barnstorming across New Hampshire, primarily holding events across the Massachusetts-New Hampshire border. The Governor will hold major rallies in Portsmouth, Nashua, Manchester, and Keene, with a focus on Governor Sebelius' plan for education, her bipartisan record, and her support with Independents. He will be joined in outreach by former Governor Jeanne Shaheen, who will GOTV in the more rural northern portion of the state, a group that turned out heavily for Sebelius in Iowa. In events in Lancaster, Littleton, Woodstock, and Laconia, the former Governor will highlight Sebelius' support for individual liberty, including keeping abortion safe, legal, and rare, alongside her support for the Second Amendment.

Kathleen Sebelius herself will be working to GOTV in Concord. She will join campaign staff and volunteers in door-knocking, sign-waving, and phone banking, highlighting her outsider status and plan to make Washington work for the American people. On primary night, Sebelius will hold a watch party joined by Governor Patrick and former Governor Shaheen in Concord, where the Governors will speak while results come in.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies