Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:07:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 17789 times)
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2020, 02:43:46 PM »

BREAKING: AP NEWS POLL SHOWS CLINTON, SCHWEITZER WIN DEM TOWN HALL WHILE MCCAIN, ALLEN WIN GOP TOWN HALL

A few nights ago, NBC held town halls for the Democratic and Republican presidential candidates in Ames, Iowa and Charleston, South Carolina. On the Democratic side, all of the Democratic candidates were in attendance except for Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen, former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel, Vice President Joe Lieberman, and Arkansas Senator Blanche Lincoln. On the GOP side, Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Governor Ernie Fletcher, Governor Jon Huntsman (who has now left the race), Governor George Pataki, and Secretary Colin Powell were not in attendance.

A flash Associated Press poll shows that New York Senator Hillary Clinton and Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer gave the best responses of the night on the Democratic side. Meanwhile, Virginia Senator George Allen and Arizona Senator John McCain were both seen as the victors. However, between the town hall and the poll being conducted, Senator McCain announced he was leaving the race due to a cancer diagnosis.

Among independent voters, putting all of the candidates together onto one poll, Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer leads there, here are the results:

WINNER OF NBC PRESIDENTIAL TOWN HALL AMONG INDEPENDENT REGISTERED VOTERS
Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D-MT): 27%
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ): 16% (Campaign Suspended)
Sen. George Allen (R-VA): 10%
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY): 10%
Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA): 9%
Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA): 8%
Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX): 7%
Sen. Tom Daschle (D-SD): 3% (Suspended Campaign)
Gov. Kathleen Sebelius (D-KS): 3%
Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI): 2%
Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL): 1%
Sen. Sam Nunn (D-GA): 1%

Here's the response among Republican voters with Republican presidential candidates

WINNER OF NBC GOP PRESIDENTIAL TOWN HALL AMONG REPUBLICAN REGISTERED VOTERS
Sen. George Allen (R-VA): 32%
Sen. John McCain (R-AZ): 29% (Campaign Suspended)
Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA): 18%
Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX): 17%

Here's the response among Democratic voters with Democratic presidential candidates

WINNER OF NBC DEM PRESIDENTIAL TOWN HALL AMONG DEMOCRATIC REGISTERED VOTERS
Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY): 37%
Gov. Brian Schweitzer (D-MT): 35%
Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA): 11%
Sen. Tom Daschle (D-SD): 7% (Suspended Campaign)
Gov. Kathleen Sebelius (D-KS): 6%
Sen. Russ Feingold (D-WI): 5%
Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL): 2%
Sen. Sam Nunn (D-GA): 1%
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2020, 03:24:41 PM »

RON PAUL JUNE SCHEDULE

June 1: Rally in Fairfield, IA
            Roundtable on farmer's issues in Fairfield, IA
            Rally in Fort Madison, IA

June 2: Rally in Hinsdale, NH
            Rally in Peterborough, NH
            Rally in Hillsboro, NH

June 3: Rally in Littleton, NH
            Town Hall in Lyndon, NH
            Town hall in Berlin, NH

June 4: Rally in Rumford, ME
            Town Hall in Skowhegan, ME
            Town Hall in Dover-Foxcroft, ME

June 5: Rally in Seabrook, NH
            Rally in Haverhill, MA
            Rally in Lowell, MA

June 6: Normandy Invasion Commemoration Ceremony in Washington, DC

June 7-10: Return home; debate prep

June 11: Fundraiser in Houston, TX
              Fundraiser in Austin, TX

June 12: Rally in Wichita Falls, TX
              Town Hall in Norman, OK
              Rally/Meet Native American leaders in Ponca City, OK

June 13: Rally in Wichita, KS
              Rally/Meet Kansas Republican Leadership in Topeka, KS

June 14: Town Hall in Lincoln, NE
              Rally in Grand Island, NE
              Rally in Omaha, NE

June 15: Rally in Sioux City, IA
              Town Hall in Sioux Falls, SD

June 16: Meet Native American leaders at Wounded Knee, SD
              Rally in Rapid City, SD

June 17: Rally in Dickinson, ND
              Town Hall in Bismarck, ND
              Rally in Fargo, ND

June 18: Rally in Boulder, Co
              Rally in Grand Junction, CO
              Rally in Montrose, CO

June 19: Rally in Salina, UT
              Town Hall in Spanish Fork, UT

June 20: Rally in Wells, NV
              Rally in Carlin, NV

June 21: Town Hall in Fernley, NV
              Town Hall in Gardnerville, NV
               Rally in Hawthorne, NV

June 22: Rally in Imperial, CA
              Rally/Fundraiser in Palm Springs, CA

June 23-25: Return home; debate prep

June 26: Rally in Kingman, AZ
              Rally in Prescott, AZ
              Rally/Fundraiser in Glendale, AZ

June 27: Town Hall in Mesa, AZ
              Rally in Tucson, AZ
              Town Hall in Las Cruces, NM with Gov. Johnson

June 28: Rally in Idaho Falls, ID
              Rally in Butte, MT
              Rally in Helena, MT

June 29: Rally in Great Falls, MT
              Rally in Missoula, MT

June 30: Fundraiser in Paradise, NV
              Rally in Pahrump, NV

This month's activities focus largely on rural areas, farmer's issues and Native American tribes. The campaign is going full speed ahead, with the continued strategy of focusing on the western US and parts of New England.

RGM2609
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2020, 03:36:31 PM »

Russ Feingold releases new ethics plan to clean up Washington

A populist through and through, Senator Feingold has been claiming for a long time that he wants to clean up Washington which has succumbed to the will of corporations and special interests, and restore it to the people of the country. But today he released a list of pledges about how he will save Washington from lobbyists -

1. Create a centralized Internet database of lobbying reports, ethics records, and campaign finance filings.

2. Fight for an independent watchdog agency to oversee the investigation of congressional ethics violations.

3. No political appointees in an Feingold administration will be permitted to work on regulations or contracts directly and substantially related to their prior employer for two years. And no political appointee will be able to lobby the executive branch after leaving government service during the remainder of the administration.

4. Refuse contributions from PACs or lobbyists

Russ said he is the only candidate to care about this issue and propose a plan to deal with it.
RGM2609
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2020, 03:49:07 PM »

Russ Feingold to paint himself as the only populist in the race, contrast with Hillary Clinton

The Feingold Campaign is realizing that they are running out of time to build a winning coalition, and so they will go all in on attacks to the other candidates. Russ Feingold will underline in every speech, that he was the only candidate, other than Barbara Lee, to pledge not to privatize Social Security and hand over the benefits to tens of millions of people over to Wall Street and the only candidate to actually sign the pledge related to Repealing and Replacing NAFTA, even as other candidates constantly promised to do it. He will also contrast with Hillary Clinton, the frontrunner of the race, in numerous occasions, as he hopes to make himself her main opponent. He will attack her for supporting NAFTA, the Defense of Marriage Act and for fanatically supporting outsourcing, even calling her the Queen of Outsourcing, as she personally invited an outsourcing company to open up in Brooklyn, so that her state can lose their jobs and take part in the wonderful process of outsourcing as well. He will also call her as representing the status quo, at a time during which the workers need bold reforms in office. Russ hopes that this new strategy will gain him much needed attention from the voters, especially in Iowa, Nevada and NH.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2020, 04:51:02 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius October Schedule

Source

October strategy:

Having built larger name recognition, Kathleen Sebelius’ campaign will now shift gears to convincing voters that she is the best choice to unite the party in the fall. The Governor and her supporters will highlight her pragmatism over continued ideological purity tests, working to give Kansans a balanced budget alongside increased funding for education. She believes her more progressive social policies alongside her more moderate fiscal policies will attract a wide variety of Democrats, Independents, and moderate Republicans. Kathleen’s outreach will be focused on rural voters who are often overlooked in national campaigns, suburban women who are often put off by extremism, and outreach to Black and Hispanic voters who share her preference for pragmatism.

1-3: Virginia

Fly to Richmond
Rally in Richmond
Townhalls in Manassas and Fredericksburg, speaking with business owners on extending small business tax credits
Loudoun County roundtable on voting for a pragmatic choice
Rally in Fairfax
Rally in Arlington

4-5: Maryland

Cross into Maryland
Rally in Bethesda
Rally in Rockville on passing an individual mandate for healthcare
Rally in Gaithersburg

6-9: Minnesota

Fly to Minneapolis
Open campaign office in Minneapolis
Rally in Minneapolis
Townhalls in Bloomington and Faribault
Rally in Rochester
Townhall in Austin

10-15: Iowa

Cross into Iowa
Rally in Mason City
Townhalls in Clarion and Humboldt
Roundtable with miners in Fort Dodge
Townhalls in Storm Lake and Sheldon
Rally in Sioux City
Townhalls in Sergeant Bluffs and Onawa
Southwestern tour with events in Red Oak, Walnut, and Lenox
Visit West Des Moines public schools
Rally in West Des Moines
Rally in Des Moines
Townhalls in Osceola and Leon

16-18: Missouri

Cross into Missouri
Townhalls in Eagleville and Cameron
Visit food processing plant in St Joseph
Rally in St Joseph
Rally in Kansas City on relocating federal agencies throughout the US to better serve the people
Townhalls in Higginsville and Arrow Rock
Rally in Columbia

19-22: California

Fly to San Francisco
Rally in San Francisco on supporting civil rights for LGBT people
Townhalls in Berkeley and Vallejo
Rally in Concord
Rally in Vacaville
Townhalls in Winters and Davis
Rally in Sacramento
Open campaign office in Sacramento
Rally in Roseville

23-24: Nevada

Cross into Nevada
Rally in Reno on extending and expanding tax credits for working families
Rally in Carson City
Rally in Las Vegas

25-27: Colorado
Fly to Grand Junction
Rally in Grand Junction
Townhalls en route to Denver, with events in Rifle, Avon, and Keystone, highlighting the Governor’s support of the Second Amendment
Rally in Lakewood
Roundtable with local business owners in Denver, hoping to replicate the success of investment by Denver on the national scale
Rally in Denver

28-31: New Hampshire

Fly to Concord
Rally in Concord
Open campaign office in Laconia
Townhalls in Laconia and Gilford
Townhalls in Wolfeboro and Rochester
Rally in Dover
Rally in Portsmouth
Rally in Manchester
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2020, 06:34:04 PM »

Election Update 2008
with your host, Tom Brokaw

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight is marked by the dropout of Governor Jon Huntsman, Jr., as well as the results of the Democratic and Republican townhalls, which saw Senator Clinton, Governor Schweitzer, Senator Allen, and, belatedly, Senator McCain.

Brokaw: And now, of course, for our special guest tonight, Senator Hillary Clinton from New York. Senator, how are you tonight?

Clinton: I'm good, Tom. Glad to be here.

Brokaw: And we're glad to have you, as well. Now then, you currently have a double-digit lead in the Democratic race for President; what do you believe it is about yourself that’s created such appeal to voters?

Clinton: Well Tom, I personally think it's my experience, for the past 30 years I have done everything I could to work for the American people. In the 70's I worked for the Children's Defense Fund which expanded opportunities for children disadvantaged through their race, disability, wealth, and many other things. And in the '80s as First Lady of Arkansas, I helped establish the first teacher testing program so teachers know the subject they are teaching. And as First Lady of the United States, I helped expand healthcare to every child in America.

And as a Senator I have worked in a bipartisan manner to repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell to keep our country safe and expand opportunities, and that is what we need in a President.

Brokaw: A long history of success in public service. Now then, your two closest challengers in the race are both ardent progressives, while you yourself are portrayed as trending toward the more Gore-aligned “establishment” camp of the Democratic Party; if you are the nominee, how do you intend to win over Feingold and Lee voters?

Clinton: Well, I'm a progressive, but I am a progressive that gets things done. I am not just promising, ya know, free this and free that I am promising real solution for America, so let's not forget that. But I am fully confident that we will have a united party in November to defeat whoever the Republicans nominate, I would rather have any other Democrat in this race than the options on the Republican side. But look I intend on reaching out if I win the nomination I would love their idea's and I fully intend on including them in our platform.

Brokaw: A united party to quite possibly elect a third consecutive President. Now then, assuming you do win the Presidency next year, what would you first 100 days be like?

Clinton: My first 100 days will be focused on the American people, let's pass bipartisan education reform. Let's bring back the surplus of the first Clinton administration. Let's pass true Universal Healthcare, let's pass infrastructure reform, let's pass common-sense gun laws. these goals are not small but in times like these, we can not afford to think small. My goal as President in my first 100 days and even beyond that, is to restore the power to the people of America, I am a public servant, I work for them. And I intend on doing everything I can, White House or not to keep it that way.

Brokaw: A bright new America under a Clinton administration. Finally, Senator, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

Clinton: Believe. Believe in the American Dream, these are unprecedented times we are living in but we can take them on together. I don't just want to be a President for those that agree with me but especially for those who disagree. We need to take on big challenges and seize the opportunities that await us as a country. America is great because we are good! Let's not let bitter partisan politics divide us, but a common purpose unites us. I want to be President because I believe in that shining city on a hill. And with your help, we can make it a bit shinier.

Brokaw: Senator Clinton, always a pleasure to have you on.

Clinton: Always one to be here, Tom.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. Tune in Saturday when we actually will interview former Governor George Pataki of New York.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2020, 07:39:32 PM »

RON PAUL JULY SCHEDULE

July 1: “Let Freedom Ring” Rally in Los Angeles, CA w/ Gov. Johnson & Rep. Jones

July 2: “Let Freedom Ring” Rally in New York, NY w/ Gov. Johnson & Rep. Jones

July 3: “Let Freedom Ring” Rally in Washington, DC  w/ Gov. Johnson & Rep. Jones

July 4: Deliver remarks at Independence Day Celebration in Philadelphia, attend festivities

July 5-9: Return Home; debate prep

July 10: Town Hall in South Burlington, VT
              Rally in St. Albans, VT
              Rally in Newport, VT
              Rally in Montpelier, VT

July 11: Rally in Concord, NH
             Town Hall in Manchester, NH
             Rally in Nashua, NH
             Rally in Portsmouth, NH
             Rally in Portland, ME

July 12: Fundraiser in Myrtle Beach, SC
             Rally in North Charleston, SC

July 13: Rally in Casper, WY
             Rally in Jackson, WY

July 14: Town Hall in Sun Valley, NV
              Rally/Fundraiser in Reno, NV

July 15-20: Constituent services in Texas

July 21: Rally in Bakersfield, CA
             Rally in Lancaster, CA
             Rally in San Bernadino, CA

July 22: Town Hall in Fairbanks, AK

July 23: Town Hall in Honolulu, HI

July 24: Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA

July 25: Town Hall in Waterloo, IA
              Rally in Rochester, MN

July 26: Rally in St. Paul, MN
             Fundraiser/Rally in Minnetonka, MN
             Rally in St. Cloud, MN

July 27: Rally in Duluth, MN
             Rally in Eau Claire, WI
             Rally in La Crosse, WI

July 28: Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
              Town Hall in Davenport, IA

July 29: Rally/Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
             Rally in Henderson, NV

July 30: Rally in Tonopah, NV
             Rally in Smith Valley, NV

July 31: Rally/Fundraiser in Carson City, NV
             Rally in Yuba City, CA

Ron Paul is starting off the month of July with several "Let Freedom Ring" rallies in major cities on the eve of Independence Day. The rallies feature several speakers, patriotic themes, with several thousand attendees at each, and are sure to generate media attention. The campaign is also dipping its feet in the waters in the Upper Midwest, testing possible expansions to their battle strategy.

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2020, 09:03:15 PM »

Jindal April - August Schedule
Credit to Slate.com for the Photo

April
Major rallies across Nevada, California, Louisiana, South Carolina, and Florida. He used some of his less-known surrogates in small, rural areas across these key states. He campaigned hard with Senator Jim DeMint in The Palmetto State, which he is counting on a big win in to propel his campaign for President. He spent big on digital, and TV ads in Southern States, using a "Southern Strategy" to ensure his Primary Victory. He countered attacks and talking points from his opponents, such as Senator George Allen calling for "A True Conservative to win the Presidency."
May
In May, Governor Jindal spent his time campaigning mostly in the Midwestern States, such as Michigan, Ohio, Wyoming, North & South Dakota, and Iowa. He spent time with multiple Conservative Activists and Leaders, campaigning to elect Conservatives up and down the ballot. He held multiple events, fundraisers, and luncheons to secure more votes, especially at smaller caucus areas. He promised at one of his events to, "bring back the jobs that this President has destroyed."
June
In June, Governor Jindal campaigned across the country, going from Maine to California. With fundraisers being held in Sacramento, Riverside, to Door Knocking Campaigns in Bangor. He raised a record for his campaign, $1.5 million in the month. He racked up endorsements from local City Councilors, Ward Counselmembers, and Local Commissioners. He labeled himself as "The Conservative Choice" to destoy the Blue Wall that has been built up over 16 years.
July
In July, Governor Bobby Jindal returned to the Southern U.S. to campaign hard on Conservative Social Values, and a Small Government. He met with multiple Conservative Activists that have been widely outspoken, and had an interview on CNN while in Atlanta. Governor Jindal hit hard on his Conservative Values, and condemning other candidates for not fighting for Conservative Values nationally.
August
In August, Governor Jindal wrapped up his Summer by going on a "Conservative Fighter Tour" in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, North & South Carolina, Tennessee, and Wyoming. He worked on multiple new digital and TV ads, racked up over $1 million in fundraising, and worked hard to receive endorsements from local Conservative Leaders. Governor Jindal thanked all of his supporters at his last "Conservative Fighter Tour" Rally in Nashville, Tennessee.
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2020, 10:33:31 PM »

Lee for America

“Change”

Airing in California, Michigan, Nevada, and South Carolina

We’ve heard alot about change this year. But the question is change to what?

To me change is a government that doesn’t let banks and oil companies rip off the American people.

Change is when we finally fix healthcare not just talk about it.

Change is giving tax breaks to middle-class families instead of companies that send jobs overseas

Change is a President who brings people together, not spews hate and division

I’m Barbara Lee and I don’t take money from oil companies or Washington lobbyists and I won’t let them block the change we need anymore.

I’ll take action to set us on a path to Universal Healthcare because every American deserves the care they need.

I’ll pass tax relief for those struggling Americans but also ensure the wealthiest and well connected are paying their fair share and not hijacking Congress.

I approve this message because this is the real change America needs.

zoz
Rookie

« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2020, 11:28:54 AM »

RON PAUL AUGUST SCHEDULE

August 1-14: Family vacation, no active campaign events

August 15: Visit Iowa State Fair
                 Rally in Ames, IA

August 16: Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA
                 Town Hall in Le Mars, IA
                 Town Hall in Arnold Park, IA

August 17: Town Hall in Mason City, IA
                 Rally in Waverly, IA
                 Rally in Dyersville, IA

August 18: Debate Prep

August 19: Town Hall in Fryeburg, ME
                  Rally in Wolfeboro, NH
                  Rally in Belmont, NH

August 20: Rally in Derry, NH
                 Town Hall in Salem, NH
                 Town Hall in Exeter, NH

August 21: Town Hall in Biddeford, ME
                  Town Hall in Windham, ME
                  Rally in Auburn, ME

August 22: Rally in Sierra Vista, AZ
                 Meet local border officials
                 Rally in Casas Adobes, AZ
                 Rally in Maricopa, AZ

August 23: Rally/Fundraiser in Burbank, CA
                 Rally in Yorba Linda, CA

August 24: Fundraiser in Paradise, NV
                 Town Hall in North Las Vegas, NV

August 25: Rally in Cold Springs, NV
                 Rally in Spanish Springs, NV
                 Rally in Fallon, NV

August 26: Town Hall in West Valley City, UT
                 Town Hall in Ogden, UT

August 27: Rally in Rock Springs, WY
                 Rally in Loveland, CO

August 28: Town Hall in St. George, UT
                 Rally in Moapa Valley, NV
                 Rally/Fundraiser in Enterprise, NV

August 29: Town Hall in Boulder City, NV
                 Rally in Bullhead City, AZ
                 Rally in Victorville, AZ

August 30: Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
                 Town Hall in Davenport, IA
                  Rally in Peoria, IL

August 31: Rally in Rockford, IL
                 Rally in Madison, WI
                 Rally in Waterloo, IA

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2020, 08:28:25 AM »
« Edited: June 17, 2020, 05:38:02 PM by Cabbage »

Morning Consult Democratic Primary Poll, 1-4 July 2007
Senator Hillary Clinton - 27%
Representative Barbara Lee - 20%
Senator Russ Feingold - 11%
Governor Brian Schweitzer - 9%
Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 9%
Vice President Joe Lieberman - 3%
Former Senator Sam Nunn - 2%
Former Senator Mike Gravel - 1%

Morning Consult Republican Primary Poll, 1-4 July 2007
Governor Ernie Fletcher - 27%
Senator George Allen - 24%
Governor Bobby Jindal - 13%
Representative Ron Paul - 11%
Governor George Pataki - 4%
Representative Melissa Hart - 3%
Former Governor Mitt Romney – 3%
Mayor Michael Bloomberg - 1%
Former Defense Secretary Colin Powell – 1%

Who would you vote for in the 2008 general election?
Democratic Nominee - 41%
Republican Nominee - 40%
Mr. Donald Trump - 8%

Endorsements

Democrats

Hillary Clinton
Dianne Feinstein, U.S. Senator from California
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States
Frank Cownie, Mayor of Des Moines, Iowa
Planned Parenthood
Tom Daschle, U.S. Senator from South Dakota
Tom Harkin, U.S. Senator from Iowa
Leonard Boswell, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 3rd District
Kamala Harris, District Attorney for San Francisco
Chuck Schumer, U.S. Senator from New York
Blanche Lincoln, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Mark Pryor, U.S. Senator from Arkansas

Barbara Lee
NAACP
Xavier Becerra, U.S. Representative from California's 31st District
Jim Clyburn, U.S. Representative from South Carolina’s 6th District
Barack Obama, U.S. Senator from Illinois
John Lewis, U.S. Representative for Georgia’s 5th District
Patty Judge, former Iowa Secretary of Agriculture
Gavin Newsom, Mayor of San Francisco

Russ Feingold
Bruce Braley, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 1st District
Dick Clark, former U.S. Senator from Iowa

Brian Schweitzer
Bernie Sanders, U.S. Senator from Vermont (Independent)
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa
Jeanne Shaheen, former Governor of New Hampshire

Kathleen Sebelius
Ben Nelson, U.S. Senator from Nebraska
Claire McCaskill, Governor of Missouri

Joe Lieberman
None

Sam Nunn
Jim Hodges, former Governor of South Carolina
Michael Moore, liberal activist and filmmaker

Mike Gravel
None

Republicans

Ernie Fletcher
Lindsey Graham, U.S. Senator for South Carolina
Jeff Lamberti, U.S. Representative for Iowa’s 3rd District
National Right to Life
John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona
John Sununu, U.S. Senator from New Hampshire
Jeb Bush, former Governor of Florida
George W. Bush, former Governor of Texas and 2000 presidential nominee

George Allen
Chuck Grassley, U.S. Senator for Iowa
Adam Putnam, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 12th District
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
Mike Pence, U.S. Representative from Indiana’s 6th District
Tom Latham, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th District
Steve King, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 5th District
Chuck Norris, actor
Kid Rock, musician
Marco Rubio, Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives
Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
Nancy Reagan, former First Lady of the United States
Terry Branstad, former Governor of Iowa

Bobby Jindal
Jim DeMint, U.S. Senator from South Carolina
Pete Hoekstra, U.S. Representative from Michigan's 2nd District
Charlie Crist, Governor of Florida

Ron Paul
Walter B. Jones, U.S. Representative from North Carolina’s 3rd District
Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico

George Pataki
Charlie Bass, U.S. Representative for New Hampshire’s 2nd District
Jim Leach, U.S. Representative for Iowa’s 2nd District

Mitt Romney
None

Michael Bloomberg
Tom Corbett, Attorney General of Pennsylvania

Colin Powell
Susan Collins, U.S. Senator from Maine

Independents

Donald Trump
Jeff Sessions, U.S. Senator from Alabama (Republican)
Tim Allen, actor

Candidates received all reserved endorsements they could afford; if you would prefer to save up for a bigger reserved endorsement that you mentioned earlier, please let me know. The following candidates have whole credits they can still use to get endorsements now:

Joe Liebeman: FREE + 1
Mike Gravel: FREE
Mitt Romney: FREE + 1
Ron Paul: 1
Russ Feingold: 1
Barbara Lee: 1
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2020, 10:12:57 AM »

San Francisco, California, October 22, 2007-Mayor Gavin Newsom endorses Obama]

There's just something about Senator Obama's candidacy that I like. Of course, I like Representative Lee too, but she just doesn't inspire people the same way Obama does. I read his book, and I was truly inspired by how relatable he is to an everyday experience. As such, I am truly honored to endorse Senator Obama for President of the United States of America.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2020, 10:43:17 AM »
« Edited: June 13, 2020, 03:13:39 PM by Cabbage »

RULES FOR DEBATE PARTICIPATION

The following rules will govern each debate:

The first debate will be posted later today and subsequent debates will be posted each Saturday. Each debate is due by the end of the day the following Saturday (i.e. the first one will be due June 20).

I'll put up a poll momentarily for how many debates we should have during the primaries. Each debate will have one winner (who will receive a boost in the polls and 3 free endorsement credits) and one runner-up (who will receive 2 free endorsement credits). Participation in each individual debate is optional, but the following rewards/penalties will be applied based on number of debates participated in:

5 debates: 2 free endorsement credits, as well as any winnings.
4 debates: 1 free endorsement credit, as well as any winnings.
2 or 3 debates: Any winnings.
1 debate: Unless you finish as either the winner or runner-up, your poll numbers will drop slightly.
0 debates: This will be viewed as a withdrawal from the race, regardless of previous participation or polling numbers.

If you find you cannot participate in a debate, please PM Aaron or I with an excuse (if it's personal, it does not need to be specific); the debate will be counted in your total as if you had participated, up to the point of being safe from a polling drop (while I do not believe any of you would make up excuses to get free credits without participating, I would rather be safe than sorry).

Each candidate will be asked to make an opening statement, answer one posted question relating to them specifically, and make a closing statement. Each candidate will be free to post a rebuttal that is no longer than 500 words; candidates are free to rebut opponents' statements from previous debates if they were posted after the previous debate's rebuttal (i.e. someone posts a rebuttal on the 18th, and someone else posts their main debate response on the 20th attacking the first player; the first player would then be allowed to rebut the statement posted on the 20th in the following debate's rebuttal phase).

Answers and statements will be judged on:
  • Coherence (note: grammar =/= coherence; as you're playing as candidates who are giving these statements verbally, the omission of punctuation or incorrect capitalization will not result in docked points; in the same way, a grammatically perfect response that makes no actual sense will not be given additional points)
  • Length (preferably 100-500 words for statements, and 100-250 words for question responses; the limits are set up in order to better simulate a debate environment, where candidates who talk for too short a period are often viewed as vague, while more verbose candidates often get cut off)
  • General appeal (partly my judgment, partly RNG to prevent inherent bias from factoring too heavily into the calculation)

All candidates in the race at the beginning of a debate cycle will be allowed to participate, regardless of polling numbers. If you have any further questions regarding the debates, please post them in the signup thread, rather than PM-ing Aaron or I, so that everyone can benefit from the answer.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2020, 03:48:50 PM »

FIRST DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
All Images from Wikimedia Commons

Good evening and welcome to the first presidential debate of the 2008 election. I'm Tom Brokaw, coming to you from South Carolina State University in beautiful Orangeburg, South Carolina. Tonight, I'll be serving as your moderator for the Democratic presidential candidates. Later on, we'll have the Republican candidates hosted by Brian Williams, and tomorrow, Donald Trump's townhall with Rachel Maddow.

For the last few weeks, we've asked the audience to send in questions that you would like to be asked to our presidential candidates, and the audience has delivered. Tonight's rules are simple. Each candidate will have a few moments for opening remarks. Questions will be posed by myself, with each candidate getting a specific one. Afterwards, candidates will be asked for closing statements and rebuttals, if they so wish.

Responses will be judged based on clarity, length, and of course response from you, the voters. Let's get started and one at a time introduce the Democratic candidates for President of the United States...

New York Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton...

Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold...

Former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel...

Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer...

California Congresswoman Barbara Lee...

Vice President Joe Lieberman...

Arkansas Senator Blanche Lincoln...

Former Georgia Senator Sam Nunn...

Illinois Senator Barack Obama...

and finally, Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius

Questions for Specific Candidates

For Senator Clinton: You have called upon your fellow Democrats in a statement to support the eventual party nominee. Some of your critics have argued that making such a statement when you’re well ahead of the rest of the field is self-serving. How do you respond to this?

For Senator Feingold: Both of your endorsements so far have been from Iowa; do you believe this state is critical to your chances of victory in this primary, and why or why not?

For Senator Gravel: You’ve been out of the Senate for nearly three decades now. How do you intend to stand out in a field of far more recent politicians?

For Governor Schweitzer: You have championed both universal healthcare and gun rights as Governor. What inspired you to take this unconventional pairing of views?

For Congresswoman Lee: You have called for the total eradication of poverty in the United States by means of raising the minimum wage and various public service programs. What do you say to those who claim that this will only burden the government financially, and do little to actually fix the problem?

To Vice President Lieberman: Some on the left have claimed that you aren’t the right nominee for a party that “wants to move forward.” How do you respond to these attacks?

To Senator Lincoln: You have failed to garner much support outside your home state of Arkansas. Why do you believe this is?

Senator Nunn: You have distinguished yourself as a member of the more liberal wing of this primary, despite having a more moderate record in Congress. What has caused this change in thinking?

For Senator Obama: Despite initially being counted out and dismissed as inexperienced, you’re currently running almost even with several more experienced opponents. How do you intend to continue this trend?

For Governor Sebelius: You have suggested that Democrats need to “expand their tent” to win again after 16 years in the White House. What do you say to those who seem to want to drag the party farther to the left, potentially alienating some of the moderate independents and Republicans who, as you’ve said, have helped propel you to elected office in Kansas four times?

Answers are due June 20. Good luck!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2020, 04:01:21 PM »

FIRST REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE

Good evening and welcome to the first GOP presidential debate. I'm Brian Williams, coming to you from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in beautiful Simi Valley, California. Tonight, I'll be serving as your moderator for the Republican presidential candidates. Earlier, my colleague Tom Brokaw was live from South Carolina State University in Orangeburg, South Carolina, with the Democratic candidates for president. Later on, Rachel Maddow will be at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas, Nevada hosting Independent candidate Donald J. Trump.

For the last few weeks, we've asked the audience to send in questions that you would like to be asked to our presidential candidates, and the audience has delivered. Tonight's rules are simple. Each candidate will have a few moments for opening remarks. Questions will be posed by myself, with each candidate getting a specific one. Afterwards, candidates will be asked for closing statements and rebuttals, if they so wish.

Responses will be judged based on clarity, length, and of course response from you, the voters. Let's get started and one at a time introduce the Republican candidates for President of the United States...

Virginia Senator George Allen...

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg...

Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher...

Pennsylvania Congresswoman Melissa Hart...

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal...

New York Governor George Pataki...

Texas Congressman Ron Paul...

Former Defense Secretary Colin Powell...

and lastly, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney...

Questions for Specific Candidates

For Senator Allen: You have stated the Defense of Marriage Act “doesn’t go far enough.” How do you respond to gay rights activists who have expressed concern that such statements could inspire existing homophobes to commit violent acts against the gay community?

For Mayor Bloomberg: If elected, you would be the richest President in history. How do you intend to convince the average American that you understand their plight?

For Governor Fletcher: Despite placing yourself firmly in the conservative camp of this primary, you’ve been endorsed by former moderate frontrunner John McCain. What do you believe this says about your partywide appeal?

For Congresswoman Hart: You’ve played a large part in the rise of House Majority Leader John Boehner. Do you believe that this powerful ally could help you in your bid for the White House?

For Governor Jindal: You’ve recently been endorsed by the Governor of Florida, which has grown far more important due to its being moved up in the primary process. Do you believe a win there is key to your victory in the primaries?

For Governor Pataki: You have made regular reference to your tax cuts in New York as proof of your conservative chops; how would you reform the tax code as President?

For Congressman Paul: Despite only being a U.S. Representative, you’ve catapulted yourself to double digits in the primaries. How do you intend to continue this trend?

To Secretary Powell: Many Republicans have complained about your preaching Republican Party unity after serving six years under a Democratic administration. How do you respond to these people who claim you’re being an opportunist?

To Governor Romney: Despite entering the race in a reasonable position, you have since slumped to the lower single digits. What do you believe is the cause of this, and how do you intend to right it?

Responses are due June 20. Good luck!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2020, 04:42:47 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2020, 09:32:33 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Obama debate answers (rebuttals to come later)

I'd like to thank Tom Brokaw, the State of South Carolina, and my fellow candidates for the opportunity to be here today. Quite frankly, it's a pleasure to be here.

Despite initially being counted out and dismissed as inexperienced, you’re currently running almost even with several more experienced opponents. How do you intend to continue this trend?

Well, I'd like to point out, that if you add up my years in both the Illinois Senate and the U.S Senate, I've actually served more time in elected office than Senator Clinton has. Besides, my experience as a State Senator is completely relevant to this discussion. There's a reason we refer to our state legislatures as laboratories of Democracy. It's because they get to work with concepts that legislators at the federal level would never be able to work with, such as voting regulations, state-funded universities, and local public education concepts like school textbooks. I just think I have to keep doing what I'm doing, and I'll at least be in the race until we get to the primary here in South Carolina. Beyond that, who knows?

It's been a pleasure to be here tonight, with all my rivals. I look forward to your support both in the primary, and hopefully, in November.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2020, 09:06:24 PM »

Sen. Clinton Debate Answers

Opening Statement

First off I would like to thank South Carolina State University here for hosting this great debate and I would like to thank the great Tom Brokaw for moderating this debate.

You are going to hear a lot of different ideas and differing opinions in this debate, and I believe that is a good thing. America is built on people having ideas on what they believe will make this country better. But it is up to us, the politicians to make not only your life better but everyone's life. I grew up in the middle of America in a middle-class family with my two brothers. Our family was filled with love and my mother and father taught me everything I knew, about how to work hard, do everything you can to help people, and never give up.

The American dream is simple if you work hard and play by the rules you should be able to get a job and keep a job and support your family. And I still believe in that dream, I want everyone American to believe in that dream, and I want that dream to become a reality for every American in this country. I am running for President for exactly that, let's fight for what we believe in as a country, and together there is nothing that can stop us.

Personal Question

Well Tom look, I made that pledge because no matter what happens we need a united party in November. I don't think itself serves me at all. We need a united party in November, I urge all of my fellow candidates to sign onto the pledge because it is a very serious issue. I don't want one of the candidates on this stage to not win the nomination and suddenly run independent or support an independent! I don't want that, if I am the nominee obviously I will do everything in my power to become President and if not I will take any person on this stage than what the GOP has to offer.

So I urge my fellow candidates to sign onto the pledge! Let's keep a Democrat in the White House and let's win in November together!

Closing Statement

We all heard a lot tonight. Different ideas, different plans, but I believe I am the candidate best put to enact the issues that American's care about. Healthcare, Criminal Justice Reform, Revitalizing our economy and ensuring every American has a chance. I want to be President of the United States for the people that feel left behind in our current political system and feel like they don't feel like they have a place in our country. But in a Clinton Administration, you will have a place.

America is the greatest country on earth, we can do anything if we set our minds to it. It is up to us as American's to do all we can to keep it that way. Now is the time to square up and get to work! It is your time! We can do this if we try! I want to be the people's President! Thank you and may God bless you!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2020, 04:48:25 PM »

DONALD TRUMP PRESIDENTIAL TOWNHALL

Good evening and welcome to NBC's first official presidential townhall for businessman and host of The Apprentice Donald Trump. I'm Rachel Maddow, coming to you from the University of Nevada in beautiful Las Vegas, Nevada. I'll be moderating this townhall, calling upon people in the audience to address questions to Mr. Trump. Earlier, my colleague Tom Brokaw was live from South Carolina State University in Orangeburg, South Carolina, with the Democratic candidates for president. As well, Brian Williams was live from the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, California hosting the Republicans.

For the last few weeks, we've asked the audience to send in questions that you would like to be asked to Mr. Trump, and the audience has delivered. Tonight's rules are simple. Mr. Trump will have a few moments for opening remarks. Questions will be posed by audience members, with Mr. Trump being asked three. Afterwards, he will be asked for a closing statement and if he desires, a response to the party candidates who debated earlier.

Responses will be judged based on clarity, length, and of course response from you, the voters. Let's get started and one at a time introduce the most prominent independent candidate for President of the United States since 1996...

Donald J. Trump!

Questions for Mr. Trump

You have claimed that unemployment is in double digits, and encouraged people not to trust any other number. How do you come to this figure?

You have stated there will be “harsh consequences” against violent and human rights abusing dictators such as Saddam Hussein and Muammar Gaddafi, but have refused to encourage an invasion. How do you intend to carry out those consequences?

You have complained about the state of the border repeatedly. What solution do you propose to deal with the issue of illegal immigration?

Responses are due June 21. Good luck!
[/quote]
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2020, 05:53:18 PM »

Gov. Schweitzer Debate Answers
Image Modified by Myself

Opening Statement

Well I want to thank the South Carolina State University here for hosting this debate and I would like to thank Tom for being here to moderate.

My name is Brian Schweitzer, and I have had the honor and privilege of being Governor of Montana. But before that I hadn't spent two decades lounging in Congress. I'm a businessman, I spent years abroad in Libya and Saudi Arabia developing irrigation projects and learning Arabic. I learn what people out in the real world need and deserve from well, people, not from the Washington/K Street circuit.

I ran for Governor because politicians in Helena were putting their reelection before people, and partisanship before policy. I'm running for President for the same reason, politicians in both parties have forgotten about main street America. While politicians tweak with subcommittees and regulatory bodies, average Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, and while politicians host donors for drinks, gas prices soar. It's time we end this cycle of corruption that leaves average Americans behind, it's time we change Washington for the better and we stand up for people.

I'm running for President because its time that Main Street America, the people of this great country have someone who isn't afraid to stand up to the powers that be for them. That's why I'm running, and that's why I believe I will win.

Personal Question

Well maybe it's unconventional Tom but I don't think one has much to do with the other. For me it's not hard to square it, thousands of Montanans and millions of Americans including many right here in South Carolina are responsible, law abiding gun owners. I don't believe we need federal powers, or a Department of Homeland Security coming down and making problems for them.

That doesn't stop me from believing that healthcare should be a right in this country. That nobody should die because they can't afford healthcare, that nobody should be forced to pay out thousands on the operating table. Shelly from Muscatine, a delightful little girl, her family has to pay almost thousands each month just to pay for her critical living saving medication. I don't believe that should exist in this country. I don't believe Tom, a wonderful older gentleman I had the pleasure of meeting here in South Carolina should have to pay a healthcare premium that spikes every year. That's why I believe in single payer, universal healthcare. And yeah like other Americans, I own firearms. 

Closing Statement

Folks, many people have said that Democrats are the underdogs this year. There's a reason for that. People in America are looking for something new, for change. You can bet we've made progress but too many Americans are struggling while Wall Street rakes in record profits. We need to as a party, to speak to average Americans stuck in a rut, stuck because the plant shut down, stuck because healthcare costs go up every year, and stuck because government doesn't represent them anymore.

That's why I'm running, as a people's Democrat not running for any special interest, or any partisan agenda, I'm running because when I go out to Main Street America, people don't feel represented in government, or worse they feel like they are held in contempt. I'm running to change that, and to build a government for, of, and by the people.

Thank you South Carolina, I hope to earn your vote, and God bless!

Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2020, 05:56:40 PM »

Donald Trump Town Hall Answers

Opening statement :
I feel great to be here at this town hall folks, seriously, you have no idea. Both parties like to claim that I am not for the common citizen, but I'm an elite who's out of touch. Unlike them, who have been in politics all their lives, I'm a simple businessman and I'm getting what seems to be 8, but could be much, much higher. I'm telling you, if I was running for the nomination of the other parties, the media would stop at nothing to ground me to dust, so I'm running as an Independent to speak to you, the people!

Rachel Maddow : You have claimed that unemployment is in double digits, and encouraged people not to trust any other number. How do you come to this figure?

Response -
Rachel, Rach, is it alright if I call you that, I already said this in my announcement speech. When you look at the job count, they are only counting jobs in this country that haven't been outsourced yet. What about the jobs that have been outsourced to Canada, Mexico, China, Japan, or any other country? They don't get counted because they're still being fulfilled. For the last decade, our leaders have been selling out the american worker to foreigners because they think that the people from the rust belt will never dare turn on them! They have made us think official numbers for unemployment are in the single digits, but look at the numbers and they don't add up. I count Americans when it comes to unemployment and when I see an American who has had their job outsourced, I count that as unemployment too. It's simple : Me and General Flynn's message is America First and we'll bring all those outsourced jobs back. The only other candidate who seems like he has some lick of sense is Ron Paul, but I'll talk about him another time. I believe it's time for the next question.

Rachel Maddow : You have stated there will be “harsh consequences” against violent and human rights abusing dictators such as Saddam Hussein and Muammar Gaddafi, but have refused to encourage an invasion. How do you intend to carry out those consequences?

Response -
Must I make it obvious, you go for their piggy bank and their resources. Bomb their oilfields, destroy their military bases, tariff the hell out of any good they do trade with us and sanction the rest. Enact countless embargoes on them until they either stop, step down, or the people take arms against them, and as President, if the third thing happened, a Trump Administration will give weapons, funding, and training to those fighting against dictatorial regimes. The best way to wage war is to do it on resources and economics. It's how the Allies were able to win both world wars against Germany, it's how the Soviets lost in Afghanistan, it really is the best way to win a war without booting a single boot on the ground. That is my plan to deal with such evil men.

Rachel Maddow : You have complained about the state of the border repeatedly. What solution do you propose to deal with the issue of illegal immigration?

Response -
My answer to this problem is simple : First, we need to put a moratorium on any and all immigration coming into this country until we can figure out what in the world is going on. Second, I'll began to take away funding from Government programs that have obviously failed and hurt more than helped to fund the border patrol while building parts of a wall in certain areas. We'll also build up the technological power of the border patrol, helping them catch coyotes in the act of bringing families across the Sonoran Desert without care of the families just for their own profit. It makes me sick thinking of what happens. I promise you, illegal immigration will become a thing of the past when I'm in charge and you can bet things will get better for the American worker as wages grow naturally, something Cesar Chavez spoke about quite openly when leading his labor union and fighting to keep Illegal immigration at bay.

Closing Statement -
Well folks, as you've seen it here, the Media is allowing me to speak for now, but give it a few hours and like clockwork, the media will spin it's narrative. You'll see 'Donald Trump a Racist' or stuff like that and you'll have both parties coming at me from both sides. But remember is that I'm just speaking everybody's mind and at the same time, I have no loyalty to any party, allowing me to grow naturally in popular support with polling, so everyone can see just how popular I really am.
RGM2609
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2020, 07:40:16 PM »

Opening statement -

Good evening, my fellow Americans. Tonight millions of people are watching us, wanting to hear from us hope, hope for a better future, and boldness about going after it. And I, unlike my opponents on this stage, am here to offer that to them. Because I know Washington, and that is why I know that it is deeply broken. No one there cares about the hundreds of thousands of mothers losing their children because they did not have some fancy insurance. No one there cares about the millions of families trying so hard to put food on their tables so that they can live to fight another day. No one there cares that the corporations are attacking local businesses, putting millions of people out of work. Or that the devastating NAFTA is putting millions of people out of work and taking away income from many more, and that politicians only support it because lobbyists tell them to. Or that the corporations are outsourcing jobs to other countries. They not only do not care about those issues, but they are warmly inviting outsourcing companies to their states. I am here to tell them, that enough is enough, and that I will stand up to be the voice of the working Americans. If you grant me the great honor of being elected President, I can not promise you that things will get better in a day or a week. But what I can promise you is that I will fight every day and every minute for each and every one of you to have a better life, a life that they deserve, and to be able to fulfill their God given potential. Thank you.

Personal question

Well, Tom, I do not know what endorsements are you referring to. Because I have the full endorsements of millions of people from every state of this nation which have decided to listen to my message, see that my campaign is truly one by the people and for the people and give me their support, some of them even donating small amounts of money to help us with our cause. Those are the endorsements I care about, not those of politicians. And my strategy is to go out and convince every working American from any state that the movement we are building together can take Washington, and that obviously includes Iowa. But it is obvious when you look at the crowds all of us attract that I have a strong following in the entire country, and people are relating to the progressive values and bold choices that I propose in this election.

Closing statement

My fellow Americans, tonight you have heard all of us proposing plans and making promises. But in the end it comes down to this - who on the stage has broken party lines in order to do the right thing? Who on the stage has fought Washington with all of its bad influences? Who on the stage has not listened to lobbyists, but to the people? Who on the stage has signed a pledge to Repeal-and-Replace NAFTA? Who on the stage has plans to make their lives of every single American better, not new ways for corporations and billionaires to get wealthier? Ask yourself this questions, and then decide who is worthy enough of your vote. Thank you.

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2020, 09:18:41 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Debate Responses

Source

Opening Statement:

“I’d like to start by thanking South Carolina State University for hosting us, our moderator Tom, and everyone watching in the crowd and at home.

I’m Kathleen Sebelius, and I have been proud of my service to the people of the great state of Kansas. As Insurance Commissioner, I updated our system to make it more efficient, cut out unnecessary regulations, and passed bills to make the insurance system easier to navigate for consumers, like requiring maternity coverage,  creating an anti-fraud system to monitor agents and agencies alike, and passing a patients’ bill of rights. I also didn’t take a dime from insurance companies in my runs for office, letting consumers know I’m on your side, not the side of corporations.

As Governor, I spearheaded the largest increase in education funding in the state, worked to pass bills increasing and diversifying our state’s energy production, and fought for the individual rights of all Kansans. The best part, I was able to do this while making our government work better for the people by getting rid of millions in wasteful spending and eliminating a billion-dollar debt. Now doesn’t that sound exactly like what Washington DC needs?

As President, I plan on modernizing the US government, bringing our technology up to speed for the modern era. I will create a task force to audit spending and make the results available in a yearly report. I will support and build upon President Gore’s plan to expand healthcare to Americans, letting people shop for prescription drugs from our allies, reducing costs to consumers, and strengthening our relationships abroad. Mostly as President, I will be accountable to the American people, not special interests or party leaders.”

For Governor Sebelius: You have suggested that Democrats need to “expand their tent” to win again after 16 years in the White House. What do you say to those who seem to want to drag the party farther to the left, potentially alienating some of the moderate independents and Republicans who, as you’ve said, have helped propel you to elected office in Kansas four times?

“While I have immense respect for my fellow candidates, I can’t in good faith endorse the idea that we should become more ideologically stringent as a party. In fact, making this nomination contest a race to whoever can run the furthest left risks throwing away all of the progress we have been able to make over the past sixteen years. We can't risk this progress just for the sake of good sound bites and headlines.

Whoever we nominate on this stage has quite the challenge in November, to win a fifth consecutive term for our party. That means we have to be able to build coalitions, it means we have to be able to reach out beyond our base of support and be willing to win over hearts and minds. That means we need the right kind of experience, like governing a state, balancing a budget, and being able to work across the aisle for the betterment of everyone. I believe that’s what sets me apart and makes me the strongest nominee our party could choose.”

Closing Statement:

“We need a President who can meet the moment. Someone who isn’t more of the same old Washington promises with no results. We need someone who understands how to build a lasting coalition, stand up against special interests, and do the hard work of governing.

When I go out to meet with voters and talk to them, I hear so much about how they’re ready for a change. Many of them like what our President has done, but they’re ready for fresh ideas and new leadership. Here’s the thing, these voters deserve more than platitudes and promises, they deserve ideas and plans to address the concerns they have. It’s why I have spent so much time talking to educators and parents on where the federal government is failing our students, it’s why I go out and talk to small business owners who are being ravaged by bad trade deals and being held to the same standards as multi-million dollar corporations, it’s why I talk to voters in red, blue, and purple states who are concerned with the lack of efficiency of our government programs. These are the issues that face our next President.

I truly believe I’m the candidate that has not only the right experience as a Governor of a red state but also the one who has the plans to address the kitchen table issues that most Americans are concerned about. If you agree, I ask that you’ll support me. Thank you and God bless you!”
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2020, 09:47:18 PM »

SENATOR HILLARY CLINTON, SENATOR BLANCHE LINCOLN HOLD PRIVATE MEETING

The New York Times has been informed of a private meeting that happened between Senator Blanche Lincoln (D-AR) and Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) both who are currently in the running to be President. The meeting was reportedly held in Senator Clinton's Washington D.C home and lasted for over 2 hours.

Aides to both campaigns have not commented on the meeting or the substance of it, but a likely consensus is that it involves the 2008 Presidential Campaign. Reports have indicated that Senator Lincoln is on her way out of the campaign and will endorse Senator Clinton in her bid for the White House. Senator Blanche has been quiet on the trail not making an appearance in weeks. And now it seems to be coming to an end.

John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2020, 10:06:58 AM »

BLANCHE LINCOLN SUSPENDS CAMPAIGN, ENDORSES CLINTON

Today at a Hillary Clinton rally in Iowa, Senator Blanche Lincoln suspended her Presidential Campaign and officially endorsed her former opponent, Hillary Clinton. The event came at a surprise to her supporters when Senator Lincoln emerged on stage first and not Senator Clinton. She would then go on to introduce Mrs. Clinton:
"Hillary was an Arkansas Girl, so not only is she New York tough! She is Arkansas tough and that is what we need in the White House, a strong-willed, open-minded, tough President and we will have that in President Hillary Rodham Clinton!"

Senator Clinton accepted the Senator's endorsement and said she would be a vital part of her campaign's race to the nomination.
"Now is the time for us to prove our strength, make a difference, and together we will make it all the way to the White House!"
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2020, 05:56:25 PM »

Election Update 2008
with your host, Tom Brokaw

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight is marked by the dropout of Senator Blanche Lincoln, who at the same time endorsed Senator Clinton, the current frontrunner for the Democratic nomination.

Brokaw: And now, unfortunately, Governor Pataki has once again been forced to reschedule his interview. As a result, there will be no interview tonight.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. Tune in Wednesday when we interview businessman Donald Trump from New York.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies