Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:44:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 17787 times)
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2020, 01:40:46 PM »

Senator Clinton responds to Senator McCain withdrawal and diagnosis

Senator Clinton addressed the press on Sen. McCain

Well first off I would like to express my well wishes to John and Cindy and the rest of their family and I wish Senator McCain the best of luck with his upcoming battle with cancer. Me, Bill, and Chelsea send our prayers to you and your family during this very difficult time.

I would also like to acknowledge his recent dropping out, although we were on different sides of the political spectrum I never questioned his patriotism to his country and I wish him the best of luck in his continued service to our great country.

Thank you all very much.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2020, 01:54:08 PM »

George Allen announces new education proposal

Today while speaking to a group of teachers in Centre, Pennsylvania. Senator George Allen (R-VA) announced a new comprehensive education reform proposal titled "No Child Left Behind" it would authorize several federal education programs that are administered by the states. The law would be a reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act. Under the proposed law, states are required to test students in reading and math in grades 3–8 and once in high school. It would also include limited school choice, and add more personal accountability to school districts. The proposal also requires states to provide "highly qualified" teachers to all students. Each state can set its own standards for what counts as "highly qualified." Similarly, the act requires states to set "one high, challenging standard" for its students. Each state decides for itself what counts as "one high, challenging standard," but the curriculum standards must be applied to all students, rather than having different standards for students in different cities or other parts of the state. 

Schools must pass yearly tests that judge student improvement over the fiscal year. These yearly standardized tests are the main means of determining whether schools live up to required standards. If required improvements are not made, the schools face decreased funding and other punishments that contribute to the increased accountability. It also gives options to students enrolled in schools failing to meet AYP. If a school fails to meet AYP targets two or more years running, the school must offer eligible children the chance to transfer to higher-performing local schools, receive free tutoring, or attend after-school programs.

Allen applaudes McCain

Following his chief opponent Senator John McCain (R-AZ) leaving the race, Senator George Allen is the concrete frontrunner for the nomination. In remarks on the campaign trail, Allen said, "I've known John for many years and I am sad to see him leave this race, he is a good man even if we don't agree on all of the issues. I think that when we look back on history, John will be seen as one of the greatest Americans of our generation. I would like to thank John for his hard work and sacrifice for protecting Americans. Now I don't agree with him on the Marriage Defense Amendment, but I can say that if I am elected President, and if he were to accept John McCain would have a place in my administration because he is a wise and thoughtful American leader because we know that John will beat cancer once again, he's a fighter."
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2020, 02:09:24 PM »

Obama response to McCain's withdrawal

Cancer is a bear. There really is no denying this. As such, I have great sympathy for what Senator McCain is going through, and I hope he recovers soon.

I was looking forward to debating him in November, and sadly those dreams will die. But for what may be his final act in this race to be a true example of his being a political maverick, as he's always been...there is no higher act of political courage, and I salute him.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2020, 03:09:19 PM »

Governor Kathleen Sebelius Statement on Senator McCain's Diagnosis and Withdrawal from Campaign

"Senator John McCain and I may be in different political parties, but he is a committed public servant who has fought for this country his entire life. Cancer is a devastating diagnosis, but it is up against a fighter who won't back down when things get tough. I wish for a speedy recovery for him and his family, and I look forward to working with him as President."
romanthaddeus007
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2020, 03:55:47 PM »

**SENATOR DASCHLE SEEN OUTSIDE CLINTON CAMPAIGN OFFICE**

Hello! Hello everyone, I'm about to have a meeting but I'll take a few questions.

CNN: Senator, what are you planning to discuss at your meeting with Senator Clinton?

Tom: Well, that's to be discussed and I'll make a statement after our meeting. No comment as of now.

NBC: Comments on John McCain dropping from the race?

Tom: Ya know John is a great man, and I really do wish him the best. He was a maverick and always put country over party. A great man. Alright, I gotta go!

Press: Senator Daschle! Senator Daschle!
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2020, 04:00:02 PM »

SEN. CLINTON HOLDS MEETING WITH SEN. DASCHLE

New York Times Reports:

Senator Clinton met with Senator Daschle in her Chappaqua, New York home, aides to both of the campaigns said the meeting was requested by Senator Daschle and Clinton agreed to meet with him. It is unclear what they met on but in a statement from the Clinton campaign they remarked it was a very productive meeting.

More info to follow.
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2020, 08:47:49 PM »

Lee Townhall Answers

Q: Typical political wisdom would say that after 16 years of Democratic control in the White House, that the American people would opt for a Republican candidate. How are you best equipped to win over independents and Republicans to keep the Democrats in the White House for another 4 years?

President Gore has been a great leader and has made significant strides in many issues such as our efforts in tackling climate change to ensure we leave a bright sustainable future for our children and in his current struggles trying to expand healthcare to millions more Americans. However, my campaign is about redoubling our efforts to the issues few talk about and none address. We need to have someone that proposes bold progressive ideas that emphasizes our moral obligations and ensures everyone has an opportunity to succeed, regardless of color or income. That’s why I believe I am the candidate best suited to win over the electorate, because my agenda is greater than me. It is about a vision for America where everyone is adequately supported by the government, where everyone can get a quality education, where everyone has health insurance, where everyone can attain the American Dream.  Our platform is speaking to issues that everyone in this country is facing, regardless of political affiliation and one such example is our efforts to protect Medicare and Medicaid from Republican cuts because we know that millions of Americans rely on these programs. We need to elect a President that will not only defend the hundreds of great things we’ve been able to get done in the last 16 years but we have to offer fresh new proposals and build a nationwide movement of all kinds of people across this country to ensure we are able to get so much more done.

Q: In 2006, Congress repealed Don't Ask, Don't Tell which did not allow gay, bisexual, or transgender people to serve in the military. Do you agree with this action by Congress, and if elected, would you be in favor of repealing the Defense of Marriage Act?

The repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell was historic progress for thousands of patriotic Americans who simply want to show their love of country through service and there really is no argument as to why we should deny our citizens the chance to defend us abroad and here at home. That’s why I was proud to stand with President Gore in Congress and vote to allow our brothers and sisters the ability to protect our country and the values we cherish across the world and say yes, if you want to fight for your country, die for your country, and take part in making your country more secure than we will support you and we will commemorate you. The repeal of the bill not only ensures every American can contribute to soceity but it also makes our military stronger and more just, the vote I took was the right one and I applaud the President for his actions regarding the repeal of the bill. As to the Defense of Marriage Act, a majority of Americans believe that marriage is a sacred union between a man and a woman and while we should respect their beliefs we also have to stand against those extremist Republicans that are pushing for a federal amendment redefining marriage and writing it into the constitution, we cannot allow the rights of states to be ignored. That’s why I’ve stated my firm support for civil unions that establish legal equal standing to opposite-sex couples along with the same recognition of the basic rights that are available for legally sanctioned marriage, all while ensuring this remains a issue historically left to the states.

Q: Some critics of President Gore have said that the Department of Homeland Security isn't needed because there have only been small terror attacks, which aren't worthy of creating a whole new federal government department. Where do you stand on the Department of Homeland Security?

I have tremendous respect for the President but I do have some reservations about this new department. Of course I believe that we need to do everything appropriate to ensure the lives of the American people are safe from terrorist attacks and organizations but first and foremost we have to ensure that our civil liberties are not curbed. That’s why we have to ensure this department is in check and not violating the rights of Americans, in a democratic and constitutional form of government, we cannot sacrifice the civil liberties that make us a free country. However, I’ve always been an advocate in Congress for caution when dealing with governmental overreach , that’s why we must ensure this department doesn’t violate our citizens. I will work in Congress to set proper guidelines ensuring this doesn’t get out of hand leading to the unlawful surveillance and abuse of our people

Q: For quite a long time, you've been on the frontlines of the movement to legalize marijuana. Could you please lay out your position on drugs in general, but specifically marijuana?

There’s a general consensus among the American people that there needs to be change regarding our drug laws and one acceptable concrete step we can take to progress on this issue is legalizing medical marijuana allowing all those that are suffering are able to alleviate their pain. Study after study has shown marijuana can decrease nausea and increase appetite, which can be essential for patients who are having difficulty keeping down food or maintaining adequate nutrition. Marijuana also eases the pain of multiple sclerosis, and nerve pain in general. This is an area where few other options exist, and those that do are highly sedating in fact patients claim that marijuana allows them to resume their previous activities without feeling completely out of it and disengaged. Along these lines, doctors say that marijuana is a fantastic muscle relaxant, and people swear by its ability to lessen tremors in Parkinson’s disease. Now I don’t want to overwhelm you with all the benefits that come with medical legalization but one highly promising area of research is its use for PTSD in veterans who are returning from combat zones. Many veterans and their therapists report drastic improvement and clamor for more studies, and for a loosening of governmental restrictions on its study. For all these reasons, I am expanding my movement across the country not just in Washington D.C., to ensure that in states where these laws don’t exist, every American has the opportunity to treat their pains and do what’s best for their wellbeing.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2020, 10:09:54 PM »

Obama Campaign Summary for March/April 2007

The Obama Campaign spent most of March and April, 2007 opening up field offices in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Michigan, Florida and South Carolina. On April 9, the campaign announced the endorsement of former Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Patty Judge. Judge, the Democratic nominee for Lieutenant Governor in 2006, is a veteran of three statewide campaigns in Iowa, and will be named state campaign chair. In addition, Obama spent most of these two months preparing for the first candidate forum, hosted by Tim Russert, in Ames, Iowa.

Obama Campaign Summary, June/July 2007

Senator Obama spent most of June and July meeting voters in Iowa and New Hampshire, the two early states that would make or break his candidacy. He also made statements on Senator McCain's departure from the race, and took part in the candidate forum in Ames at the end of July.

However, by the far the highlight of his month (and for several lucky staffers), was attending the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on July 21 in Chicago (Obama was dressed up as Voldemort, other staffers dressed up as Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and Albus Dumbledore)

Obama Campaign Schedule, August, 2007

August 1, 2007

Speech at Seabrook Station Nuclear Power Plant, Seabrook, New Hampshire
Now, I know what people in the environmental movement are saying, that we need to get rid of oil, coal and gas, and that we should use nuclear power to do it. That it is cleaner than coal. Well, that's like saying a Beef Wellington tastes better than a Philly Cheesteak, or Beef Bourguignon. Depending on your taste in meat, they'll all taste really excellent, or quite awful. Just the same, you'll either love nuclear power or you'll hate it. And I hate nuclear power. We've seen, at both Chernobyl and at Three Mile Island, how easy it is for a meltdown to happen. We've also seen just how difficult it is to store waste from nuclear power plants. Just look at Yucca Mountain in Nevada. There's been discussion about using that area to store nuclear waste. That's an area of the country with frequent earthquakes, meaning if a major earthquake happened there, we'd have radioactive waste leaking into the ground. Here, we're right on the Atlantic Ocean, which means storms coming up the coast will provide high waves, wind, possibly storm surge. If that were to get into the plant, we'd have a crisis, especially as this plant is only forty miles from Boston, a major population center. That would be a humanitarian disaster waiting to happen.

Speech in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
So, back in February, I was watching Senator Allen's CPAC speech on NBC Nightly News. I'm a bit surprised he's already so concerned with me to be honest. I mean, I'm only polling at 6% percent at the moment. I'm behind seven other candidates, and only ahead of, Senator Nunn, who I respect dearly, but if you look at this field, in our party anyways, is probably too moderate, Blanche Lincoln, who has barely been on the campaign trail, and is being overshadowed by both Senator Clinton and Representative Lee, and Senator Gravel, who has been out of office since 1981, and even in the Senate offended pretty much everyone in his home state. That's why he's at 1%. So, why does Senator Allen worry about me so much? Maybe it's because he called an opponents tracker in his last reelection campaign a derogatory racial slur, and I'm a racial minority? It really isn't a good look for you Senator. 

Meet Voters in Brentwood, New Hampshire

August 2, 2007

Meet Voters in Deerfield, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Hampton Falls, New Hampshire

Speech in Exeter, New Hampshire

Once upon a time, the Republican Party fought for the civil rights and liberties of the poor, oppressed and underprivileged. These were giants of American thought, like Abraham Lincoln, Thaddeus Stevens and Salmon Chase. Now, however, all this is sacrificed, both on the altar of capitalism, and the altar of partisanship. It's rare to see a Republican truly willing, like Governor Pataki, Senator McCain, Senator Collins and Senator Snowe to truly put aside partisanship and work together for the common good, something American politics needs a lot more of.

Meet Voters in Barrington, New Hampshire

August 3, 2007

Meet Voters in Somersworth, New Hampshire

Speech in Rochester, New Hampshire

Look, I read the blowback from my statements at the candidate forum that any two consenting adults should be allowed to get married, and I'll repeat it. As long as two individuals are able to give consent, there should be no barriers in the way of marriage. End of Discussion.

August 4, 2007

Tour the Woodman Institute Museum, Dover, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Hart's Location, New Hampshire

August 5, 2007

Meet Voters in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire

Meet Voters in Berlin, New Hampshire

August 6-7, 2007

Senate Duties, Washington D.C

August 8, 2007

Meet Voters in Kelley, Iowa

Meet Voters in Zearing, Iowa

August 9-19, 2007

Meet with voters, hold "virtual caucus" events, Iowa State Fair, Ames, Iowa.

August 20, 2007

Speech at the Superior Dome, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, Michigan

Let's be brutally honest. The way the NCAA treats it's student athletes is abhorrent and is practically equivalent to plantation slavery. These are young adults, who giving up their bodies, and don't get paid for it or compensated in any way, and not only that, in many cases they have to pay for their tuition, room and board, meals and books as well. But the pro leagues here in America are worse. They use colleges, like Northern Michigan, as a free source of incoming talent, instead of paying them the wages they deserve. That's a system that will end, when I am President.

Meet voters in L'Anse, Michigan

August 21, 2007

Meet Voters in Bishop, California

August 22-24

August 25, 2007

Attend Soccer Match, Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Massachussetts (New England Revolution vs Houston Dynamo)

August 26-29,2007

Fundraisers, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles.

August 30, 2007

Attend College Football Game, Jack Trice Stadium, Ames Iowa (Iowa State vs Kent State)

August 31, 2007

John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2020, 02:53:55 PM »

Senator Daschle endorses Senator Clinton.

In a joint press conference in Des Moines, IA, Senator Tom Daschle (D-SD) officially endorsed Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) for President.

Hello everyone, it is so great to be in the great city of Des Moines and I will be very brief with what I am going to say. When I decided to run for President I wanted to lift people up. Lift them out of poverty, out of debt and out of hopelessness. But I feel that I am not the right candidate at the right time. So that is why I am suspending my presidential campaign and endorsing Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton for President of the United States of America! Come on up Hillary!

Senator Clinton
Thank you so much Tom for your support, you ran a great campaign and I am honored for you to be able to put your faith and trust into me and into this campaign. I am honored to be able to recieve the endorsement of Senator Daschle to improve the lives of American's all over the country and seize the opportunities I think await. Your lifetime of service to the people of South Dakota and the United States will not be forgotten and together we will keep a Democrat in the White House for another 4 years.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2020, 04:33:52 PM »

Obama Campaign Schedule, September, 2007

September 1, 2007

Attend College Football Game, Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, South Carolina (South Carolina vs Louisiana-Lafayette)

September 2, 2007

Meet Voters in Pellon, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Summit, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Gaston, South Carolina

Meet Voters in Batesburg-Leesville, South Carolina (With John Lewis)

September 3, 2007

Speech at Caterpillar headquarters, Peoria, Illinois

Today is a day when we celebrate the contributions that American Labor has made to our society. Without Labor, we would not have had the ability to win either world war. We would not have had the ability to come out of the greatest economic collapse in human history. We would not have had the ability to be the greatest nation in the world, with all the power and might that entails.

Meet Voters in New Vienna, Iowa

September 4, 2007

Meet Voters in Centralia, Iowa (With Patty Judge)

Meet Voters in Epworth, Iowa (With Patty Judge)

Casino Night Fundraiser, Diamond Jo Casino, Dubuque, Iowa (Also with Patty Judge) (Door Entry is $2,000, gets an entrant a night of Slots, Video Poker and Table Games, plus a meal at one of the restaurants)

September 5, 2007

Rally, Grand River Event Center, Dubuque, Iowa (With Patty Judge)

You know, in the forum a couple of months ago I said I'd like to keep the Department of Homeland Security. I'd like to expand on that a bit. While I think the Department is fine as is, I question the choice of Secretary Schwarzkopf, as opposed to Secretary Powell as Secretary of Defense. Schwarzkopf, as far I'm aware, was more of a believer in using the military to solve problems, something that could be disastrous when trying to stop terrorists. I think a more appropriate choice as Homeland Security Secretary is a Mayor of a large city, who has seen everything, and will come up with excellent ideas to stop terror in it's tracks, like Mayor Giuliani or Mayor Bloomberg. 

Speech at Loras College, Dubuque, Iowa
It's very hard to have faith in organized religion after having heard of and witnessed so many priests, rabbis and other clergy sexually abusing children. But you have to faith that God, whatever you believe God to be to you, will punish these people, as sexual abuse of minors is one of those crimes where the guilty deserve to be in the pits of Hell for all of eternity. Without that faith, that the guilty will be punished someday, we as humanity will be nothing.

September 6, 2007

Fundraiser, Dubuque Arboretum and Botanical Gardens ($1,000 for entry and three hours admission)

Meet Voters in Asbury, Iowa (With Patty Judge)

Meet Voters in Zwingle, Iowa (With Patty Judge)

September 7-17

September 18-24

Fundraisers, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia

September 25-30

Barnstorm in Northern Nevada
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2020, 06:14:15 PM »

Election Update 2008
with your host, Tom Brokaw

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight is marked by several dropouts, including Congressman Adam Putnam, Senator Tom Daschle, and, most stunningly of all, Senator John McCain, who cited a cancer diagnosis as his reason for dropping out of the Republican race, where he was considered a frontrunner alongside fellow Senator George Allen.

Brokaw: And now, of course, for our special guest tonight, Senator Russ Feingold from Wisconsin. Senator, how are you tonight?

Feingold: I'm good, Tom. Glad to be here.

Brokaw: And we're glad to have you, as well. Now then, you’ve recently put out a statement listing your own set of ways in which you believe Gorecare could be built upon in a Feingold administration. Given the conservative distaste for the current proposal as it stand, how would you ensure its passage?

Feingold: Well, while I would vote for Gorecare today, as it is without any doubt an improvement from our current healthcare system which is built to satisfy the insurance and drug companies and their greed instead of offering quality health care to the American people, this is no time for half measures. When we are the only major country on Earth not to offer access to healthcare to every single citizen, it is not enough to reduce the uninsured number by half. We have to reduce it out of existence. This is why I came up with this plan which would expand access and regulate the insurance and drug companies to protect all Americans from their greed and from going bankrupt due to medical bills. And I will tell you why the Republicans really oppose this bill. They oppose it because the lobbyists and the corporations told them to. They are out of touch with the country, planning to fix a healthcare system from a parallel universe, and I will release Congress from the shenanigans of Wall Street and make it listen to the people again. This is how I will pass my plan.

Brokaw: A heavy dose of reality to be taken with Senator Feingold's healthcare proposal. Now then, many in the Democratic Party believe that your strongly left-wing views would make you a liability in the general election. How do you respond to these people?

Feingold: Well, I think that it is time to make bold, progressive choices. During the next 4 years, we have an unique opportunity to transform our country for the better, and we should not throw it away. And when I meet people around the country, they do not ask me how left wing I am, they ask me what are my plans to fix healthcare, how I am going to put food on their tables, or how I am going to improve the near-by public school, or how am I going to bring back jobs or release DC from the corporations and lobbyists. And after I tell them my actual plans, most of them tell me that they are common sense, things that need to be done regardless of their placement on a political landscape. We should focus on who can actually improve the lives of the people instead of ideological litmus tests.

Brokaw: Extremism in the defense of reason is no vice, it would seem. Now then, assuming you do win the Presidency next year, what would you first 100 days be like?

Feingold: Well, my first action as President will be to immediately start the process of either Repealing-and-Replacing NAFTA or, if Canada and Mexico disagree with that, sacking it all together, as well as ending and reversing tax breaks for outsourcers. Our workers and farmers have suffered long enough and I will end the devastating NAFTA and the help we give to the job stealing companies. After that, I will focus on tax reform and health care reform, and I will work tirelessly to see them both passed in order to restore fairness. I will order the Pentagon to give to me a report, within 50 days, of every ongoing military action and its use. I will take a hard look at them and I will keep what is necessary, but I guarantee that we will not have troops in Uganda or Botswana after this.

Brokaw: A more America-focused administration, without a doubt. Finally, Senator, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

Feingold: My fellow Americans, during the next 4 years we have an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to fundamentally change our country for the better. It is up to you whether you use it, but I ask you this - do you want affordable health care for all? Do you want the billionaires to pay more in taxes than a bus driver? Do you want for our troops to be where we need them not in faraway, random country? Do you want for devastating trade deals to be repealed? If you agree to this, I am your voice. I am with you and I will fight for you, and my record says that clearly.

Brokaw: Senator Feingold, always a pleasure to have you on.

Feingold: Always one to be here, Tom.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. Tune in Tuesday when we interview former Governor George Pataki of New York.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: June 07, 2020, 06:56:44 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Late Summer Schedule

Secretary of Health and Human Services 4 by IU School of Medicine, on Flickr

July: Ramp up campaign organization in early states, work to coordinate volunteers and staffers

1-4:

Back home to Kansas, spend the Fourth of July with family

5-8: Missouri

Cross into Missouri
Rally in Kansas City
Townhalls in Rich Hills, Bolivar, and Wheatland
Open campaign office in Springfield
Rally in Springfield
Roundtables in Lebanon, St Robert, and Rolla
Rally in Jefferson City
Tour of higher education facilities in Columbia, holding townhalls at each
Rally in St Louis

9-11: Illinois

Townhalls in Litchfield and Edwardsville
Visit Lincoln's Presidential Library
Rally in Bloomington
Visit ethanol plants in Peoria, speak with workers about investing more in the industry
Townhall in Galesburg
Rally in Moline

12-15: Iowa

Cross into Iowa
Open campaign office in Davenport
Rally in Davenport on devolving funds to states for environmental disasters such as the flood of 1993
Rally at the University of Iowa in Iowa City
Open campaign office in Cedar Rapids
Tour corn processing plants in Cedar Rapids
Rally at Waterloo Center for the Arts
Townhalls in Waverly, Charles City, and Osage

16-18: Minnesota

Townhalls in Austin and Kasson
Tour Mayo Clinic in Rochester
Roundtable with medical professionals in Rochester
Townhalls in Bloomington and St Paul
Rally in Minneapolis

19-22: New Hampshire

Fly to Nashua
Rally in Nashua
Visit orchards in Londonderry, stumping on protecting agritourism
Rally in Manchester
Rally in Concord
Townhall in Hillsboro
Open campaign office in Keene
Rally in Keene
Northern tour of the state with events in Claremont, Lebanon, Littleton, Woodstock, and Laconia

23-26: South Carolina

Fly to Rock Hill
Open campaign office in Rock Hill
Tour small businesses in Rock Hill, speaking with owners and employees
Townhalls in York and Union
Roundtables at each of the 8 colleges in Spartanburg
Townhall in Greer
Rally in Greenville
Townhalls in Easley and Central
Rally in Anderson

27-30: Georgia

Cross into Georgia
Rally in Athens
Townhalls in Monroe and Lawrenceville
Education roundtable in Roswell
Speak at Kennesaw State University
Rally in Atlanta
Townhalls in Newnan and LaGrange

August: Continue building ground game, expand online operation for fundraising and email lists

1-3: Alabama

Cross into Alabama
Townhall in Auburn
Rally in Tuskeegee
Rally in Montgomery
Townhalls in Clanton and Hoover
Rally in Birmingham

4-6: Nevada

Fly to Reno
Rally in Reno
Rally in Carson City
Townhalls en route to Las Vegas, speaking with voters on investing in rural infrastructure
Open campaign office in Las Vegas
Rally in Las Vegas
Rally in Henderson

7-9: Arizona

Townhalls in Kingman, Wikieup, Congress, and Surprise
Rally in Phoenix
Tour of local businesses in Phoenix
Rally in Flagstaff

10-11: Utah

Cross into Utah
Small townhalls across Utah, travelling to Salt Lake City
Rally in Salt Lake City

12-16: Michigan

Fly to Detroit
Rally in Detroit
Tour GM facility in Warren
Rally in Warren
Rally in Flint
Speak at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor
Tour local businesses in Ann Arbor
Open campaign office in Ann Arbor
Townhall in Jackson
Speak at Michigan State University
Rally in Lansing

17-19: Tennessee

Fly to Nashville
Rally in Nashville
Townhalls in Camden and Lexington
Rally in Jackson
Townhalls in Brownsville and Arlington
Rally in Memphis

20-22: Arkansas

Townhalls in Wynne and Brinkley
Rally in Little Rock
Rally in Conway
Townhalls in Russellville, Clarksville, and Ozark
Rally in Fort Smith

23-25: Oklahoma

Townhall in Muskogee
Rally in Tulsa on energy policy
Townhalls in Stillwater and Edmond
Open campaign office in Oklahoma City
Rally in Oklahoma City

26-29: Colorado

Fly to Denver
Open campaign office in Denver
Rally at Civic Center Park in Denver
Visit Buckley Air Force Base
Townhalls in Castle Rock and Monument
Hold technology roundtable in Colorado Springs, speaking with leaders on how best to invest in tech jobs
Rally in Colorado Springs

30-31: Iowa

Fly to Des Moines
Rally in Des Moines
Roundtable in West Des Moines
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #137 on: June 07, 2020, 09:56:11 PM »

Congresswoman Lee Addresses the NAACP at the 98th Annual Convention

July 12th, 2007

“It is always a great honor to speak before the NAACP. It is a powerful reminder of the debt we all owe to those who marched for us and fought for us and stood up on our behalf; of the sacrifices that were made for us by those we never knew; and of the giants whose shoulders I stand on here today. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was but a 26-year old pastor when he led a bus boycott in Montgomery that mobilized a movement. John Lewis was but a 25-year old activist when he helped arouse the conscience of our nation. It is because of them; and all those whose names never made it into the history books - who refused to settle for the world as it is; who had the courage to remake the world as it should be - that I stand before you tonight as a Congresswoman and Democratic contender the Presidency of the United States of America. And if I have the privilege of serving as your next President, I will stand up for you the same way that earlier generations of Americans stood up for me - by fighting to ensure that every single one of us has the chance to make it if we try. That means removing the barriers of prejudice and misunderstanding that still exist in America. It means fighting to eliminate discrimination from every corner of our country. It means changing hearts, and changing minds, and making sure that every American is treated equally under the law. But social justice is not enough. What Dr. King understood that it matters little if you have the right to sit at the front of the bus if you can't afford the bus fare. What hr understood is that so long as Americans are denied the decent wages, and good benefits, and fair treatment they deserve, the dream for which so many gave so much will remain out of reach; that to live upto our founding promise of equality for all, we have to make sure that opportunity is open to all Americans.

That is what I've been fighting to do throughout my over 17 years in public service. I've been working my entire adult life to help build an America where social and economic justice is a top priority; an America where we all have an equal chance to make it if we try. That's the America I believe in. That's the America you've been fighting for over the past 98 years. And that's the America we have to keep marching towards today. Our work is not over. When so many of our nation's schools are failing, especially those in our poorest rural and urban communities, denying millions of young Americans the chance to fulfill their potential and live out their dreams, we have more work to do. When CEOs are making more in ten minutes than the average worker earns in a year, and millions of families lose their homes, when the dream of entering the middle class and staying there is fading for young people in our community, we have more work to do. That's what this election is all about. It's about the responsibilities we all share for the future we hold in common. It's about each and every one of us doing our part to build that more perfect union. And that's what this election is about. That's why I'll offer a middle class tax cut so we can lift up hardworking families, and give relief to struggling homeowners so we can end our housing crisis, and provide training to young people to work the green jobs of the future, and invest in our infrastructure so we can create millions of new jobs. And that's why I'll end the outrage of one in five African Americans going without the health care they deserve. We'll guarantee health care for anyone who needs it, make it affordable for anyone who wants it, and ensure that the quality of your health care does not depend on the color of your skin. But we all have to do our part to lift up this country.

That's where change begins. And that's our most enduring responsibility, the responsibility to future generations. We have to change this country for them. We have to leave them a planet that's cleaner, a nation that's safer, and a world that's more equal and more just. So I'm grateful to you for all you've done for this campaign, but we've got work to do and we cannot rest. And I know that if you put your shoulders to the wheel of history and take up the cause of perfecting our union just as earlier generations of Americans do before you; if you take up the fight for opportunity and equality and prosperity for all; if you march with me and fight with me, and get your friends registered to vote, and if you stand with me this fall then not only will we help close the responsibility deficit in this country, and not only will we help achieve social justice and economic justice for all, but I will come back here on the 100th anniversary of the NAACP, and I will stand before you as the President Of the United States of America. And at that moment, you and I will truly know that a new day has come in this country we love. Thank you.

Rep. Jim Clyburn: Top Lee Surrogate

South Carolina Rep., Jim Clyburn, announced his endorsement of California Rep. Barbara Lee, highlighting her historic Presidential campaign and her bold agenda for millions of Americans specifically the African-American community. Clyburn announced he will be joining the Lee campaign as one of its top advisors and top Palmetto State surrogates stating "I'm honored to join my great friend, Congresswoman Lee, in ensuring racial and economic justice is in the front and center of this election. This primary shouldn't be a cakewalk for any candidate and that's why I support Congresswoman Lee in challenging the status quo and presenting revolutionary ideas that will surely make us a more stronger and more perfect union." This comes shortly after Congresswoman Lee addressed the NAACP at its 98th Annual Convention, giving a fierce speech championing a progressive platform including a firm commitment to abolishing the existent economic and racial inequities in our system, something which hasn't been discussed as much by other candidates.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #138 on: June 07, 2020, 10:35:02 PM »

REP. KING SUBPOENAS POWELL, HAMILTON, SCHWARZKOPF TO TESTIFY BEFORE IRAQ WMDS COMMITTEE

Today, Congressman Steve King, Chairman of the U.S. House Select Committee on Iraqi Weapons of Mass Destruction, announced he would seek to issue subpoenas on former Secretary of Defense and GOP presidential candidate Colin Powell, Secretary of State Lee Hamilton, and Secretary of Homeland Security Norman Schwarzkopf. The committee, whose creation was mostly led by Republican Congresspeople on the far-right, however there are some moderate and conservative Democrats such as Rep. Collin Peterson of Minnesota, Rep. Rick Boucher of Virginia, and Rep. Ron Kind (D-WI).

Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi of California criticized the committee, calling it "foolish" and "a waste of time." Meanwhile, Speaker Dennis Hastert of Illinois has stayed neutral on the committee. Speaker Hastert's office hasn't put out a response other than wishing Chairman King "the best of luck."

The Democratic presidential candidates have universally condemned the formation of this committee, while the Republican candidates have stayed mostly silent. Chairman King appeared on Fox and Friends this morning in an attempt to increase public attention for when the live hearings begin airing on news stations across the United States. Here are some of King's words:

The goal of this committee is to provide something that has not yet happened during this session of Congress. We are going to hold Al Gore and this administration accountable. These last 8 years with Al Gore in the White House have been nothing but a bunch of environmentalist hokum, more government overreach, and increased efforts to turn this country away from capitalism. We also have to hold Iraq accountable. If they do have weapons of mass destruction, you can bet your bottom dollar, we'll have our men on the ground in Iraq, defending our freedom, defending liberty, and protecting our nation.

We've reached out to Chairman King, Secretary Powell, Secretary Hamilton, and Secretary Schwarzkopf for comment and we'll get back to you when we have that. From the ABC newsroom in New York City, New York, I'm George Stephanopoulos, good night.

All Images from Wikimedia Commons
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2020, 06:07:16 PM »

Election Update 2008
with your host, Tom Brokaw

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight is marked by the increasing pressure by House Republicans on the question of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction, as Chairman King has ordered several subpoenas against leading American generals.

Brokaw: And now, unfortunately, Governor Pataki faced a scheduling conflict and will be unable to join us tonight.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. Tune in Thursday when we interview Senator Hillary Clinton from New York.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2020, 07:36:20 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2020, 08:14:44 PM by Democratic Nominee 2020 »

Jon Huntsman Withdrawal Announcement

"I have decided to withdraw from the presidential race. I will not be making an endorsement at this time. Thank you."
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2020, 08:08:15 PM »

GOV. GARY JOHNSON ENDORSES RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

Today, former Governor Gary Johnson announced his endorsement of Rep. Ron Paul for President:

"I have long admired Congressman Paul's tenacity when it comes to what he believes in. Both he and I find ourselves in agreement on much, and I feel he is the best candidate for the Republican nomination. My tenure as governor of New Mexico shows that small government policies are popular and they work, and if we can just bring that to the national level, we'll be set for years to come."

The Paul campaign plans to have Gov. Johnson campaign extensively in the coming weeks.

zoz
Rookie

« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2020, 09:22:12 PM »

RON PAUL MAY SCHEDULE

May 1: Debate Prep

May 2: Rally in Laconia, NH
           Rally in Concord, NH
           Rally in Keene, NH

May 3: Rally in Montpelier, VT
           Rally in Brattleboro, VT

May 4: Rally in New London, CT
           Rally in Providence, RI

May 5: Rally in Philadelphia, PA
           Rally/Fundraiser in Dover, DE
           Rally in Baltimore, MD

May 6: Rally in Des Moines, IA
           Rally in Springfield, MO

May 7: Rally in Fayetteville, AR
           Rally/Fundraiser in Texarkana, TX

May 8-11: Return home, constituent town hall

May 12: Rally in Las Cruces, NM with Gov. Johnson
             Rally in Tuscon, AZ with Gov. Johnson

May 13: Rally in San Diego, CA
             Fundraiser in San Clemente, CA
             Rally in Orange, CA

May 14: Rally/Fundraiser in Palo Alto, CA
             Rally in San Francisco, CA
             Rally in Eureka, CA

May 15: Rally/Fundraiser in Incline Village, NV
             Town Hall in Carson City, NV

May 16: Rally in Las Vegas, NV with Gov. Johnson
             Rally in Cedar City, UT with Gov. Johnson

May 17: Rally/Fundraiser in Salt Lake City, UT
             Rally in Logan, UT

May 18: Rally in Colorado Springs, CO with Gov. Johnson
             Rally in Pueblo, CO with Gov. Johnson

May 19: Rally in Albuquerque, NM with Gov. Johnson

May 20: Rally in Phoenix, AZ
             Rally in Flagstaff, AZ

May 21: Townhall in Moapa Valley, NV
             Rally/Fundraiser in Enterprise, NV
             Rally in Pahrump, NV

May 22: Rally in Visalia, CA
             Rally in Monterey, CA

May 23: Rally in Rockland, ME
             Rally in Brunswick, ME
             Rally in Lewiston, ME

May 24: Debate Prep

May 25: Townhall in Hampton, NH
             Townhall in Manchester, NH

May 26-28: Return home

May 29: Rally in Cheyenne, WY
             Rally in Sandy, UT

May 30: Rally/Fundraiser in Portland, OR
             Rally in Seattle, WA

May 31: Debate Prep

By now, the campaign has made appearances in every state. With the help of Governor Gary Johnson, the campaign has put an aggressive effort into campaigning across much of the West, as well as focusing on parts of New England. The campaign continues to grow with each passing day, with large and enthusiastic crowds at every turn.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2020, 09:10:40 PM »
« Edited: June 10, 2020, 10:01:18 PM by adamevans »

Governor Fletcher discusses presidential intentions on This Week

Governor Ernie Fletcher, expected to launch a Presidential campaign soon, sat down with George Stephanopoulos on This Week to discuss what his intentions were, why he might run for President, what qualifies him, among a series of policy-related questions pertaining to national policy. The Governor pitched himself as a compassionate, yet firm, conservative, clearly outlining his vision as one in contrast to President Bill Clinton and Al Gore. According to aides, Fletcher's advisers hope to boost his national profile in anticipation to his official launch to magnify attention towards his campaign and improve poll numbers in the coming months. This is the message Governor Fletcher would use to define himself to the nation. Read the excerpt here:

Stephanopoulous: Governor, you've made it very clear you have intentions to run for President. So, plainly, are you going to run for President?

"Well, I haven't made that decision yet, but the support many have offered me over the past few weeks as I've explored a bid has certainly encouraged me to seek one. I do intend to make a decision in a few weeks, but there isn't a definitive answer I can give you right now, George. I'm encouraged by the support of my constituents who have seen the success of our pro-growth policies in contrast to the country as a whole, but there is a lot of deliberation that comes into running for President. It's a decision that not many Americans are expected to make, and I am both humbled and overwhelmed by the opportunity to deliberate upon it. With that said, though, these past sixteen years have been a calling to service for myself and many other Americans, whether that be as a candidate or working to elect the Republican nominee. We need to elect someone who will return us to the principles of small government and family values exhibited under the great Presidency of Ronald Reagan. We need someone who's going to fight for those conservative principles without apology. I can say that the decision I will make will not come easy, but I fully intend to pursue one or another."

Stephanopoulos: If you are to run, why are you the best candidate to govern?

"You know, as a Governor, govern comes in the title. We need someone who's got a record of governing and succeeding. We need someone who's going to govern in contrast to this administration. In Kentucky, we've passed four consecutive balanced budgets, we've cut taxes for everyone, and we've created some of the strongest job growth numbers in the nation. This is the exact opposite of what we've seen with President Al Gore, someone who's rejected the principles of family values, small government, balanced budgets, less bureaucracy. After sixteen years of failure, we need someone who's going to offer contrast and build on the success of Ronald Reagan's legacy. We've made a terrific turn-around in the state's history when it comes to job growth and economic development. We've gotta get someone in the White House, just like the voters of Kentucky did four years ago, that's gonna ignite growth, create jobs, and grow paychecks for people shafted by the failure of President Gore's economy."

Stephanopoulos: You've been firm of your support of the Marriage Defense Amendment and other socially conservative causes. Why?

"As Ronald Reagan once said, the best social program is a job. The best way to create job opportunities and prepare people for work is with strong families. The traditional family unit pulled us through the Great Depression, the Cold War, and other tough economic times. The sanctity of marriage, life and the family is one of the most important building blocks of society, and if we're going to rebuild the American economy, we need leaders who will actually lead on that. Americans know what's at stake when activist judges redefine this crucial institution in our society. Marriage has meant one man and one woman in every successful nation on Earth since the beginning of mankind. Marriage is about propagating not just the human race, but also the values of a society, the difference between right and wrong. A raft of social science research shows that children who grow up in households where the mother and father are married have the best chance at a good life. They earn more, learn more, get in trouble less and have fewer problems with drugs, alcohol or abuse. The American people should decide whether activist judges are able to decide on this issue, and by sending a Constitutional Amendment for the states to ratify, that's what we're proposing."

Stephanopoulos: Saddam Hussein. Nuclear weapons. What are your thoughts?

"Saddam Hussein is a terrible person; he is a dictator and a tyrant. President Al Gore has failed to take steps to prevent him from obtaining nuclear weapons. Whoever we elect next November, we must stop Saddam Hussein from producing a weapon of mass destruction; there is no way we can allow yet another dictator to stay in power by threat of mutually assured destruction. Congress has to conduct necessary oversight on the President on this issue, and Congressman Steve King absolutely has the right intentions with his criticism of the President's policies. This President has obviously failed to be tough on Iraq, and our next President must be tough on Iraq. We need to crack down on Iraq by creating an effective international sanctions regime, put pressure on these dictators, and bringing in inspectors and making certain that no nuclear weapons production is taking place. That's the kind of message we need to send. It's clear President Al Gore doesn't want to send that message. No American should live in fear of a dictator or tyrant far overseas because our President refused to take action against it. Any dictator who obtains a weapon of mass destruction would be a scourge to humanity."

Stephanopoulos: There's a lot of questions about electability for Republicans. It's got to come into your decision whether or not to run for President. Democrats have won every election for the past sixteen years. If you run, why are you the best to break that cycle?

"The best way to prove you're electable, in my mind, is, well, getting elected, and when the people of Kentucky sent me to the Governor's mansion four years ago, I wasn't of many Republican governors that came from the state. That was the first time Kentucky has voted for a Republican since 1971, so it's no easy feat, and Kentucky voted for Bill Clinton twice. After sixteen years of President Bill Clinton and Al Gore, Americans are seeing the desire for change. If anyone's gonna run and break that streak of Democratic wins, it's gonna be me, because you see the contrast in success between my record as Governor and the President's. And winning over some Democrats is gonna be part of that process. It's something I'm familiar with, and when we won in 03, we won a quarter of Democrats too. If I'm the one on the Republican ticket, we're going to clearly contrast our values and our record of success with the President and the nominee. We're going to appeal to Democrats, the Democrats of the past, disaffected by their abandonment of family values and the sanctity of life. That's the blueprint we're going to need to bring about a long and lasting Republican majority, and not just win the White House for four years, we're going to win a generation of Americans."

Stephanopoulos: Finally, Governor, what calls you to consider a run for the most stressful job in the world?

"Well, it is a tough decision, but the overwhelming support I've received in the polls, from friends and family, from allies and fellow public servants, has all encouraged me to make this campaign official. I, and many other patriotic Americans, have witnessed a decline in our moral standards, the slowing down of the once-great American economy, and growing threats abroad, directly caused by the decisions, or lack thereof, of this administration, and though, I never thought in a million years I would be considering a run for the highest office, the most stressful, in the land, it is one that many have made me feel compelled to seek. There are serious challenges that our nation faces, and they require a call to service from all of us to rebuild the might of the American economy and the moral values our nation is built upon. I have, as well, done much talk with the Lord as I explore what could be the most important decision of my life, and I assure you I will make a decision in the upcoming weeks."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2020, 11:08:30 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius September Campaign Schedule

Source

Policy Rollout

Taxes and Spending:
Require the government to match spending increases with cuts elsewhere to better balance the budget
Extend and expand research and development tax breaks
Middle-class tax credit towards retirement
Reduce occupational licensing regulations for small businesses

1-5: Florida

Fly to Orlando
Rally in Orlando
Visit Kennedy Space Center
Rally in Ocala
Visit local businesses in Gainesville, speaking about investing more in small businesses
Rally at University of Florida
Townhalls in Lake City and Madison
Rally in Tallahassee on balancing the budget
Townhalls in Live Oak and Perry
Tour Jacksonville port
Rally in Jacksonville

6: Georgia:

Cross into Georgia
Townhall in Brunswick
Rally in Savannah

7-10: South Carolina

Cross into South Carolina
Townhalls in Hilton Head Island and Beaufort
Rally in Charleston on small business investment
Tour Boeing facility in Charleston
Townhalls in Summerville, St George, and Orangeburg
Rally in Columbia
Townhalls in Camden and Bishopville
Open campaign office in Florence
Rally in Florence

11-12: Massachusetts

Fly to Boston
Rally in Boston
Townhalls in Cambridge and Lynn
Rally in Lowell

13-17: New Hampshire

Cross into New Hampshire
Open campaign office in Nashua
Rally in Nashua
Rally in Londonderry
Rally in Merrimack
Rally in Manchester on education plan
Roundtable in Hooksett
Rally in Concord
Townhall in Dover
Rally in Portsmouth

18-23: Iowa

Fly to Dubuque
Hold roundtables with small business owners and employees in Dubuque
Open campaign office in Dubuque
Townhalls in Dyersville and Monticello
Visit Quaker Oats mill in Cedar Rapids
Rally in Cedar Rapids
Rally in Iowa City
Speak at University of Iowa
Townhalls in Marshalltown and Ames
Rally in Des Moines
Townhalls in Avoca and Onawa
Rally in Sioux City on investing in rural infrastructure

24-25: Nebraska

Cross into Nebraska
Townhalls in Wayne, Freemont, and West Point
Rally in Omaha with Senator Nelson
Tour ethanol plants in Omaha, speaking with employees
Speak at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln

26-27: New Mexico

Fly to Albuquerque
Rally in Albuquerque
Townhalls in Bernalillo and Agua Fria
Rally in Santa Fe

28: Michigan

Fly to Detroit
Open campaign office in Detroit
Rally in Detroit

29-30: Iowa

Fly to Des Moines
Rally in Des Moines
Small business roundtable in West Des Moines
Rally in Ames
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #145 on: June 11, 2020, 01:19:58 AM »

CLINTON CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE - SEPTEMBER

September 1st - 4th | Iowa
September 1st:
Major rally with Mayor Cownie and Senator Harkin in Des Moines. IA
Meet local and state Democratic Leaders.
Tour and shop in Small Businesses.

September 2nd:
Rally in Ames, IA
Attend church service in Ames, IA
Town Hall on Gun Rights.
Phonebank in Ames, IA

September 3rd:
March in Labor Day Parade in Sioux City, IA
Meet school teachers
Rally in Sioux City, IA with President Bill Clinton

September 4th:
Give a speech to students on the First Day of School.
Rally in Iowa City, IA with Senator Harkin.
Tour local neighborhoods, meet new voters.
Fly to South Carolina

September 5th - 7th | South Carolina
September 5th:
Rally in Charleston, SC
Town Hall on Criminal Justice Reform.
Tour low-income neighborhoods.

September 6th:
Roundtable on Women’s Health in Columbia, SC
Rally in Columbia, SC
Phonebank in Columbia, SC

September 7th:
Major Rally in Clemson, SC
Knock on doors in Clemson, SC
Meet campaign volunteers
Fly to Florida
September 8th - 11th | Florida
September 8th:
Rally in Jacksonville, FL
Roundtable on immigration reform.
Small speech at a local school

September 9th:
Tour warehouse in Tampa, FL
Meet young voters in Tampa, FL
Townhall on Civil Rights in Tampa, FL
Meet precinct leaders.

September 10th:
Rally in Miami, FL
Meet local teachers.
Roundtable on Healthcare Reform

September 11th:
Eat breakfast at a local diner.
Major rally in Fort Lauderdale, FL with President Bill Clinton.
Help at a local food drive.
Fly to New Hampshire
September 12th - 13th | New Hampshire
September 12th:
Rally in Manchester, NH
Meet local community leaders
Townhall on Presidential goals

September 13th:
Campaign brunch with volunteers in Concord, NH
Small rally in Concord, NH
Debate prep
Fly to Iowa
September 14th - 16th | Iowa
September 14th:
Rally in Ames, IA with Senator Harkin
Barnstorm in Ames, IA
Phonebank in Ames, IA

September 15th:
Rally in Iowa City, IA
Meet steelworkers in Iowa City, IA
Eat lunch with President Bill Clinton at a local diner.

September 16th:
Rally in Des Moines, IA with President Bill Clinton
Campaign fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Townhall on Iraq investigation
Fly to California

September 17th - 18th | California
September 17th:
Rally in Los Angeles, CA
Campaign fundraiser in Los Angeles, CA
Townhall on Climate Change.

September 18th:
Rally in San Francisco, CA
Fundraiser in San Francisco, CA
Attend campaign office openings.
Fly to Nevada

September 19th - 21st | Nevada
September 19th:
Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
Tour warehouse in Las Vegas, NV
Meet small business owners.

September 20th:
Rally in Carson City, NV
Meet local and state Democratic leaders.
Read a book to Kindergarten class in Carson City, NV

September 21st:
Small rally in Henderson, NV
Barnstorm in Henderson, NV
Meet volunteers.
Fly to South Carolina.

September 22nd - 24th | South Carolina
September 22nd:
Rally in Greenville, SC
Barnstorm in Greenville, SC

September 23rd:
Rally in Lexington, SC
Fundraiser in Lexington, SC
Meet volunteers in Lexington, SC

September 24th:
Rally in Camden, SC
Townhall on Racial Justice
Barnstorm in Camden, SC
Fly to Michigan

September 25th - 27th | Michigan
September 25th:
Rally in Flint, MI
Townhall on climate change.
Barnstorm in Flint, MI

September 26th:
Meeting with local community leaders.
Rally in Detroit, MI
Tour low-income areas of Detroit.

September 27th:
Rally in Grand Rapids, MI
Townhall on Iraq Investigation in Grand Rapids, MI
Tour factory with workers.
Fly to Missouri

September 28th - 29th | Missouri
September 28th:
Rally in St. Louis, MO
Fundraiser in St. Louis, MO
Town Hall on Disability Benefits.

September 29th:
Rally in Kansas City, MO
Roundtable on The Energy Crisis
Fundraiser in Kansas City, MO
Barnstorm in Kansas City, MO
Fly to Pennsylvania

September 30th | Pennsylvania

September 30th:
Rally in Scranton, PA
Phonebank in Scranton, PA
Rally in Erie, PA
Barnstorm in Erie, PA
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #146 on: June 11, 2020, 06:30:58 AM »

Obama Schedule, October 2007

October 1-3, 2007

Fundraisers in Las Vegas.

October 4, 2007

Meet Voters in Hinton, Iowa

Speech at the Tyson Events Center-Gateway Arena, Sioux City, Iowa.

Representative King's committee is dangerous, and his plans for putting "boots on the ground in Iraq" is a grave risk to American blood and treasure around the world. What he is proposing will only invite more terrorist attacks, not reduce the risk of them. If this committee is still running when I am President, I will direct staff not to appear before it, regardless of the price paid, and I myself will never appear before such a committee.

Meet Voters in Sargent Bluff, Iowa

October 5-7

Senate duties, Washington D.C

October 8, 2007

Speech, Grant Park, Chicago, Illinois

Christopher Columbus was a man who brought disease, slavery and warfare to millions of people who had no immunity to such conditions. As such, it is not right that America has a holiday to honor him. I humbly request my fellow Senators and Congresspeople vote to remove Columbus Day as a Federal Holiday for these reasons.

October 9, 2007

Return to Washington D.C

Introduce legislation stripping Columbus Day of its status as a Federal Holiday and replacing it with Election Day to the United States Senate.

October 10, 2007

Meet Voters in Century, Florida

Speech in Pensacola, Florida

I don't know how we can say it more strongly, Climate Change is real. Republicans, business executives, and those who would like to believe it is a mirage...well they need to get with times, or watch as America drowns.

October 11-17

Senate duties, Washington D.C

October 18-30

Family Vacation/Campaign, Hawaii (With Michelle Obama, Sasha Obama and Malia Obama)

October 31, 2007

Fundraisers, Washington D.C

Halloween Party, Washington D.C (With Senate and Presidential Campaign Staff)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #147 on: June 11, 2020, 11:55:14 AM »
« Edited: June 11, 2020, 12:35:14 PM by KaiserDave »

Schweitzer Campaign Strategy

Governor Brian Schweitzer sees the Daschle endorsement of Clinton as a concern, but overall feels that his campaign is well positioned to build a broad and winning coalition. Governor Schweitzer is positioning himself as the anti establishment candidate with appeals to all sections of the party, he rejects the Status Quo candidacy of Hillary Clinton, the far left nature of the Lee campaign, in favor of a populist appeal to all voters. The campaign is focusing broadly on New Hampshire and Iowa, while relegating South Carolina and Nevada to lesser positions. However the strategy is more specifically implemented as well. At most campaign stops suitable surrogates will be utilized, even if not directly mentioned in schedule.

• Appealing to Progressive Voters on Brian's Single Payer Proposal and Anti-NAFTA Position
  • Appealing to Moderates and Conservatives on Brian's Gun Position and Partial Birth Abortion Ban
  • Appealing to Rural Voters on Guns, Energy, and Rural Infrastructure as well as Montana background
  • Appealing to Urban Voters on Healthcare and Brian's vast education record
  • Appealing to Suburban Voters on Brian's vast education record, Energy Independence, and Bipartisan Credentials (Brian's LG is a Republican that he picked)
  • Rejecting Hillary Clinton as establishment, status quo, imply corruption is possible
  • Rejecting Barbara Lee as too far left, attack recreational marijuana legalization
  • Make an effort to dominate local media coverage

The strategy is designed to win the first two primary states, and give Governor Schweitzer the momentum he needs to become at least, competitive in every single state.

Ballotpedia

Montana Governor Vetoes GOP Malpractice Bill

The Governor of Montana and candidate for President made a right show out of his veto of a Republican malpractice bill. The bill was a Republican answer to Schweitzer's single payer proposal, which was voted down by a strong majority last month. Schweitzer has attempted to turn defeat into victory by making a show out of his veto of the GOP bill. The GOP bill, rifled through the state legislature by Republicans would make it harder to sue for medical malpractice. It was as Republicans described it, "an effort to cut the red tape out of the healthcare business as opposed to the Governors red tape nightmare." The Governor took the bill outside after its passage, where a large crowd was gathered with local and national press. The Governor gave a speech reinforcing his progressive bona fides and condemned the state GOP as "taking the side of the out of state healthcare industry over patients and Montanans." He then nailed the bill to a board, and as the crowd hooted, cheered, and hollered, took a red hot poker spelling out "VETO" and burned it into the bill. The image and video has already become widespread on the internet, and has appeared on TV news and late night shows. Stephen Colbert on his parody show The Colbert Report had a segment on it feigning dismay. The event has certainly made headlines for this presidential candidate.

Schedule

(Unscheduled days are day to day Governor activities)

August 3rd: Governor Schweitzer lays out foreign policy vision at the Council on Foreign Relations building in New York

Quote from: Schweitzer Foreign Policy Vision
Main Points
  • Support for NATO and Georgia
  • Achieve Energy Independent to reduce power of middle east dictators
  • Work with the International Community to Achieve Facts on Saddam Hussein
  • Label China a Currency Manipulator, contain their economic expansion
  • Economic Isolation of Afghanistan
  • Avoid Costly Land Wars

August 8th-16th: Governor Schweitzer barnstorms southeast Iowa
August 20th: Governor Schweitzer holds major rally in Los Angeles
August 21st: Governor Schweitzer holds rally in Knoxville
August 25th: Governor Schweitzer holds rally with Tom Vilsack in Des Moines
August 28th: Governor Schweitzer holds rally in Brooklyn
September 3rd: Governor Schweitzer goes on The Colbert Report as a follow up to Colbert's segment on his vetoes
September 4th: Campaign Facebook is launched
September 6th: Governor Schweitzer holds meet and greets in southeast New Hampshire
September 8th: Governor Schweitzer lays out education plan in Miami
Quote from: Schweitzer Education Plan
Main Points
  • Increase Teacher Pay
  • Reject Standardized test and federal standards
  • More funding for public school materials
  • Evaluate students through growth, not proficiency
  • More Funding for vocational skills in high school
September 14th-18th: Governor Schweitzer conducts 10 County Tour of New Hampshire
September 20th-21st: Governor Schweitzer tours southern West Virginia
September 22nd: Governor Schweitzer holds rally in Charleston South Carolina
September 23rd: Governor Schweitzer holds major rally in Las Vegas Nevada
September 26th-30th: Governor Schweitzer tours central Iowa

adamevans
United States

« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2020, 02:13:44 PM »

Ernie Fletcher addresses John McCain's health complications, diagnosis

Excerpt

Thank you all for coming out. I'd like to start with a simple message for Senator McCain and Cindy.. thank you for your service. Senator John McCain and his family is in my, Glenna's, and the people of Kentucky's prayers of tonight as they deal with this period of grievance. John McCain is a role model for so many of us. He is an example of selfless service and statesmanship. He will certainly go down as someone who exemplified those qualities, as well as one of the most important building blocks to the world's greatest deliberative body. He is someone who did not conform to traditional party lines and embraced the maverick title. In captivity John learned in ways that few of us ever will the meaning of those words, how each moment, each day, each choice is a test. And John McCain passed that test again and again and again. And that's why when John spoke of virtues like service and valor they weren't just words to him, it was a truth that he had lived and for which he was prepared to die. And it forced even the most cynical to consider what were we doing for our country? What might we risk everything for? His fight with cancer will not be his only fight, but it is one we all pray for him to win.

Lindsey Graham: "Governor Fletcher is the unifying figure our party needs."

Speaking to reporters in the aftermath of John McCain's announcement of his diagnosis, Lindsey Graham spoke on who his preferred candidate would be in the upcoming election, as well as the importance to nominate a "unifying figure." Read the excerpt here:

"It's been a hard few days for the United States Senate and the country. We will certainly miss his contribution to this great chamber, but we understand his absence. The Republican Party is going to have to put up someone who will unite all areas of the party to lead us to victory. There is a lot of speculation as to who I will endorse in this upcoming election. Let me tell you right now Governor Fletcher is our best bet. I've met with him a lot over these past few months as he's expressed interest in a Presidential campaign, and I have privately encouraged him to make that jump, but let me do so publicly now. If we are going to win in November 2008, Governor Ernie Fletcher is the perfect candidate to contrast the success of his record as Governor with the failure of President Al Gore and the Democratic Party on the economy, on energy, on family values. He's the man to do it. But with that said, I'll endorse whoever the nominee is. We just need someone who's got the record of winning to show they can do it across the nation."

(Apologies for the delay on this post. Been in Minnesota on vacation since saturday)
RGM2609
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2020, 02:40:10 PM »

Where will Russ Feingold be in September and October

1st August - 7th August - Tour of the Plains
7th August - 14th August - Nevada
14th August - 21st August - California
21st August - 5th September - New Hampshire
5th September - 30th September - Iowa
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to: