Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:09:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 17752 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2020, 05:48:12 PM »

Election Results 2008
with your host, Tom Brokaw

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Wyoming caucuses and New Hampshire primaries edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Granite State, and they show Senator Clinton's lead shrinking somewhat, but not enough to make us rethink our projection.

Brokaw: All races have now been called, but we will continue to follow the Democratic race to better ascertain delegate totals. Stay tuned.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2020, 05:54:05 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Wyoming caucuses and New Hampshire primaries edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: The final results are now coming in from precincts across the Granite State, and they show Senator Clinton's lead bouncing back to almost twelve points.

Brokaw: We now have the necessary information, as well, to assign delegates in this race...

Brokaw: ...which will also allow us to show you the state of the race at large.

Brokaw: Such a close race overall set to make for a tough fight going into Michigan next week. Thank you so much for tuning in, and good night.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2020, 06:09:47 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2020, 06:39:52 PM by Cabbage »

PHASE III, TURN III: THE PREMATURE PENINSULAR PRIMARY

And so now it is Senator Clinton who keeps the primaries competitive as she manages to defeat Governor Sebelius in New Hampshire. Now assured to remain a strong contender, both she and the Governor turn their eyes to Michigan, a state flush with delegates which promise to be a significant boon in a race where Sebelius leads by 3.

Among the Republicans, Congressman Paul now stands unstoppable following two massive wins in Wyoming and New Hampshire. The only question seems to be whether he wants to use his significant stock of political capital to get his primary competitors to endorse him outright, or whether he'll simply accept their endorsements at the convention as he tries to woo the evangelical right on his own merits.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump finds an interesting scenario in the upcoming Senate special election in Wisconsin. Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker looks likely to be the Republican standard bearer in the race. Senator Sessions sees Walker as "strong on immigration," but, like many Republicans, he appears hesitant to completely disassociate himself with free trade. Despite this, Walker has asked Trump for his support, stating "people here are telling me that they see things your way, and the more I look at it, the more I agree with them." Will Trump support Walker and, if so, will he pressure him to adopt a stance on trade deals more in line with Trump's own?

This turn will be due on July 11 IRL, and will go through January 15th in-game.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2020, 05:59:07 PM »

Election Update 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight is marked by victories in Wyoming and New Hampshire for presumptive Republican nominee Ron Paul and in New Hampshire for Senator Hillary Clinton.

Brokaw: And now, of course, for our special guest tonight, Congressman Paul himself. Congressman, how are you tonight?

Paul: I'm good, Tom. Glad to be here.

Brokaw: And we're glad to have you, as well. Now then, with Congresswoman Hart dropping out, you appear to have locked up the Republican nomination with incredible speed. How do you intend to capitalize on this advantage over the Democrats, who appear to have a long fight ahead of them for the nomination?

Paul: We plan on and have already begun the process of trying to bring the party together, that is the main focus right now. Rather than doing this in June or July, we can do that right now in January, and that is incredible. I don’t think this has ever happened quite like it is for us. So, we need the Republican Party together, we need our resources, our money, our infrastructure, and our voters on board with the campaign, or else we lose. We are neck and neck with the Democrats in the polls, and Mr. Trump is rapidly closing in. Republicans need to understand that any defections or lack of enthusiasm will result in a fifth term for the Clintons, and we simply cannot afford that.

Brokaw: A push for party unity as the race remains close. Now then, Republican Senate candidate Scott Walker requested that independent presidential candidate Donald Trump support his bid to pick up the seat of the late Senator Feingold. Do you intend to campaign for him, as well, and does it concern you at all that he asked Trump for help first?

Paul: I haven’t given much thought to that so far. I can only imagine that as the presumptive nominee that I have some duty to help our candidates unless they explicitly ask us, but we have not discussed that yet. As for him asking Trump, it’s all politics to me. I think Scott understands that Trump holds sway over a considerable number of voters, and that in order to win he needs that support. If Trump were polling at, say, 5% or so, he wouldn’t be asking him at all to help. So again, it’s all politics if you ask me.

Brokaw: The importance of taking help where necessary, all part of the game. Now then, as happened with Donald Trump and the Constitution Party a few months ago, voices in the Libertarian Party have begun calling for a “united front of liberty,” supporting your bid for President and not nominating a candidate of their own. Would you accept their support if offered, and why or why not?

Paul: If the Libertarian Party approached my campaign and seriously said “we want to nominate you,” I’d probably accept. I’ve been saying from the start, we need to bring in everyone, not just Republicans. With an election as close as this, we need libertarians, independents, political newcomers, and even some Democrats. Now I don’t agree with the Libertarian Party on everything, but I think they support the general gist of my campaign, and hopefully their members would be open to that. I think they’re just as concerned about four more years of the Clintons as we are, Tom.

Brokaw: A united front against the Democratic juggernaut. Finally, Congressman, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

Paul: If I could, I would tell them not to be nervous about us. We’ve been painted by the Democrats, the media, and others to look like some radical, crazy group when in reality we’re not. Look us up on the internet, reach out to our volunteers, come see us in person. Our campaign has a very common sense, appealing message that comes directly from the Founders of this country. We have the chance to win the White House for the first time in a long time, so let’s not squander it. The Clinton/Gore machine has had control for 16 years, how have they not solved the problems by now? And they want a fifth term? No thanks.

It's always a pleasure to be here Tom.

Brokaw: And to have you here as well, Congressman.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. We do not have an interview scheduled for Sunday, but that may be subject to change.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2020, 07:47:28 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2020, 07:30:46 PM by Cabbage »

Morning Consult Democratic Primary Poll, 29-31 December 2007
Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 47%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 46%

Morning Consult Republican Primary Poll, 29-31 December 2007
Representative Ron Paul - 89%
"Someone Else" - 8%

Who would you vote for in the 2008 general election?
Democratic Nominee - 34%
Republican Nominee - 34%
Mr. Donald Trump - 23%

Endorsements

Democrats

Hillary Clinton
Dianne Feinstein, U.S. Senator from California
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States
Frank Cownie, Mayor of Des Moines, Iowa
Planned Parenthood
Tom Daschle, U.S. Senator from South Dakota
Tom Harkin, U.S. Senator from Iowa
Leonard Boswell, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 3rd District
Kamala Harris, District Attorney for San Francisco
Chuck Schumer, U.S. Senator from New York
Blanche Lincoln, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Mark Pryor, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Ted Kennedy, U.S. Senator from Massachusetts
Oprah Winfrey, TV show host
Lou D’Allesandro, New Hampshire State Senator
Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader
Sioux City Journal
Bruce Braley, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 1st District
Dick Clark, former U.S. Senator from Iowa
AFL-CIO, major labor union
John Lynch, Governor of New Hampshire
Neal Smith, former U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th and 5th Districts
Des Moines Register
John A. Durkin, former U.S. Senator from New Hampshire
Barack Obama, U.S. Senator from Illinois
Nancy Pelosi, U.S. Representative from California's 9th District
Elijah Cummings, U.S. Representative from Maryland's 7th District
Culinary Workers Union
Ted Strickland, Governor of Ohio
Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida
Carl Levin, U.S. Senator from Michigan
Harry Reid, U.S. Senator from Nevada

Kathleen Sebelius
Ben Nelson, U.S. Senator from Nebraska
Claire McCaskill, Governor of Missouri
Janet Napolitano, Governor of Arizona
Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico
Betty Castor, U.S. Senator from Florida
Barbara Lee, U.S. Representative from California's 9th District
NAACP
Xavier Becerra, U.S. Representative from California's 31st District
Jim Clyburn, U.S. Representative from South Carolina’s 6th District
John Lewis, U.S. Representative for Georgia’s 5th District
Patty Judge, former Iowa Secretary of Agriculture
Gavin Newsom, Mayor of San Francisco
Barbara Boxer, U.S. Senator from California
Jennifer Granholm, Governor of Michigan
Brian Schweitzer, Governor of Montana
Bernie Sanders, U.S. Senator from Vermont (Independent)
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa
Jeanne Shaheen, former Governor of New Hampshire
John Conyers, U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 14th District
United Auto Workers, labor union
Sanford Bishop, U.S. Representative from Georgia's 2nd District
Deval Patrick, Governor of Massachusetts
Debbie Stabenow, U.S. Senator from Michigan
John Dingell, U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 15th District
John Edwards, U.S. Senator from North Carolina
National Education Association

Republicans

Ron Paul
Walter B. Jones, U.S. Representative from North Carolina’s 3rd District
Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico
George Allen, U.S. Senator from Virginia
Chuck Grassley, U.S. Senator for Iowa
Adam Putnam, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 12th District
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
Mike Pence, U.S. Representative from Indiana’s 6th District
Tom Latham, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th District
Steve King, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 5th District
Chuck Norris, actor
Kid Rock, musician
Marco Rubio, Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives
Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
Nancy Reagan, former First Lady of the United States
Terry Branstad, former Governor of Iowa
Pat Buchanan, former White House Communications Director
Mark Sanford, Governor of South Carolina
Clint Eastwood, actor
Bill Weld, former Governor of Massachusetts
Craig Benson, former Governor of New Hampshire
Rick Perry, Governor of Texas

Melissa Hart
None

Independents

Donald Trump
Jeff Sessions, U.S. Senator from Alabama (Republican)
Tim Allen, actor
United States Constitution Party
Paul E. Vallely, retired U.S. major general
Jimmy Duncan, U.S. Representative from Tennessee's 2nd District (Republican)
Jim Webb, former U.S. Secretary of the Navy (Democrat)
Fred Williamson, actor
Joe Arpaio, Sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona (Republican)
Rudy Giuliani, former Mayor of New York City (Republican)
Ben Carson, neurosurgeon
Gene Simmons, musician

Debate results will be up later today, ahead of the Iowa caucus results (next debate will be up tomorrow or Monday).

Remaining Credits:

Ron Paul: 40
Donald Trump: 4
Kathleen Sebelius: 2
Hillary Clinton: 1
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2020, 05:26:03 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Michigan primaries edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: The first results are now coming in from precincts across the Wolverine State, and we have an unsurprising projection.

Brokaw: Congressman Paul with an easy victory; meanwhile, there is a more spirited race on the Democratic side.

Brokaw: A tough race going into the night; stay tuned as we bring you more results from Michigan.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2020, 05:31:17 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Michigan primaries edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Wolverine State, and Governor Sebelius appears to be widening her lead at this point.

Brokaw: Whether or not this holds up as the night goes on, we will have to wait and see; stay tuned as we bring you more results from Michigan.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2020, 05:35:49 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Wolverine State, and Governor Sebelius's lead appears to be leveling off.

Brokaw: Whether or not this continues to hold up as the night goes on, we will have to wait and see; stay tuned as we bring you more results from Michigan.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2020, 05:42:04 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Wolverine State, and Governor Sebelius's lead is rising a little more at this time.

Brokaw: Whether or not Senator Clinton can yet turn this around, we will have to wait and see; stay tuned as we bring you more results from Michigan.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2020, 05:48:32 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: The final results are now coming in from precincts across the Wolverine State, and we have a projection.

Brokaw: With that, we can now estimate delegate totals for the night and overall.

Brokaw: As well, we now have enough vote in to determine that Ron Paul will win all 60 of Michigan's delegates, and thus the Republican delegate totals are as follows:

Brokaw: With another close race behind us, all eyes turn to Nevada, which promises to be yet another razor-thin race. Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, thank you for tuning in, and good night.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2020, 07:28:58 PM »

PHASE III, TURN IV: FOR ONCE, THE NAME IS ACCURATE...

And so Governor Sebelius takes the first sizable lead of the election cycle, 109 to 86. However, the race is far from over; case in point: Nevada is still considered to be anyone's game. The Clinton campaign is hoping for a win here ahead of her likely victories in the South, while Sebelius is banking off a plan to make Florida competitive if she can win Nevada by enough.

Among the Republicans, Congressman Paul remains unstoppable following another massive win in Michigan. However, with Donald Trump seeming to push in more and more on his "turf," as it were, the question remains on how he can bring the rising independent down a few pegs, in order to prevent the much feared fifth consecutive Democratic term. On the bright side, though, he has gotten the backing of a plurality of Libertarian delegates already. If he can just go a little farther...

Meanwhile, it's finally happened. Donald Trump is leading in a statewide general election poll. In Wisconsin, where he's been campaigning for Republican Scott Walker for Senate, the businessman from New York has polled at 30 percent to either Democrat's 28 and Paul's 25. While a sixth of the vote remains out, this is a milestone for the Trump campaign. The question now is: how to expand it?

This turn will be due on July 14 IRL, and will go through January 19th in-game.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2020, 05:26:47 PM »

Election Update 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight is marked by victories in Michigan for presumptive Republican nominee Ron Paul and Governor Kathleen Sebelius.

Brokaw: And now, of course, for our special guest tonight, businessman Donald Trump. Mr. Trump, how are you tonight?

Trump: I'm good, Tom. Glad to be here.

Brokaw: And we're glad to have you, as well. Now then, a new poll has been released suggesting that, regardless of who is the Democratic nominee, you’re currently ahead in the state of Wisconsin. Do you believe this is proof that you’re just as much a contender as the big party nominees, if not more so?

Trump: Well, I have to say this. That's a really remarkable thing for an Independent Candidate like myself. Only a year ago, I came down that escalator ride and had only a few hundred supporters in front of me but now, the people have rallied around me and the movement to Make America Great Again has become a rallying cry for many and I think that message resonates the most in the Rust Belt, in states like Wisconsin and Michigan, where the Free Trade policies of the Clinton and Gore Administrations cost a lot of good people their livelihoods. As for me being as much of a contender as the other major parties, I wouldn't say anything yet as we're still in January and anything can happen at this early stage. Come back to me in October and if I'm still doing extremely well in Wisconsin and leading in other states, than I'll say that I truly am. But as of right now, this is what the people want and it shows the power of the people over the establishment, nothing else.

Brokaw: A sense of cautious optimism bolstered by the will of the people. Now then, an FBI investigation has turned up the possibility that the rumors surrounding House Speaker Hastert regarding unspeakable acts toward teenage boys may be, in fact, warranted. As a result, Speaker Hastert is reportedly considering his resignation. Do you believe your speeches drawing attention to this issue helped achieve this astonishing conclusion?

Trump: I don't think I'm the one to have the credit for that, Chris should have it because he was the first one to bring it to my and everyone else's attention when he began his campaign. Did I amplify it to make sure he was heard instead of the Media simply drowning him out, maybe, but let's not forget that we have a person who molested teenagers as our Speaker right now and there are still some Republicans currently holding their ground, which I think is absolutely disgusting. All because they don't want admit that I was right about their leaders. Personally, I want to hear Paul's thoughts on this matter because he's been awfully quiet on it and it's quite suspicious to me. As for the victims, I can't wait for them to finally get the justice they've desired for decades and Hastert finally goes to prison for what he's done. And with him out of the way, I hope the dirty secrets of every establishment politician can be exposed and everyone can vote them out for fresh faces this November.

Brokaw: "Throw the rascals out," as the old saying goes. And, ironically, on that topic, some within Washington have said that you’d “have no idea what you’re doing” as President, with disastrous consequences. How do you respond to these attacks?

Trump: This is a classic Establishment talking point. Usually, they ignore you at first if you're small, but if you get anywhere near threatening their status as Top Dog, their screech, scream, and whine that you aren't the best choice, that you'll ruin the country and so on. Listen, some of these people, they've been in Congress for decades, decades, and what do they have to show for it? Almost nothing, they're the ones ruining the country, not me. How many of these people have served? How many have run a business as big as mine? For the former, several, but certainly not enough to make a really good impact, and as for the latter, I'd say little to none. I've run my business ever since the 70s and I've continued to grow it and become more successful with each passing year. Sure, there have been times where I struggled, but ask anyone in business and they'll tell you the exact same thing. And I have perhaps one of the best running mates, a personal friend of mine and a retired Lieutenant General, Micheal Flynn. He's experienced in foreign affairs, I'm experienced in Domestic Affairs, it's a Presidential Ticket made in heaven some have told me. But this isn't about me or Flynn, it's about the people. It's clear that the establishment is scared of the growing movement behind me, as I'm just 11% behind both major parties in recent national polling and already my campaign is planning out our own convention to rival the Major Party's own. I think it's become pretty clear the people don't want to hear anything more the establishment had to say and so I say to the Establishment and Washington Insiders Shut up, you're the ones who brought this country down, so no one cares what you think anymore.

Brokaw: "You can say I don't know what I'm doing, but I can show that you don't." Finally, Mr. Trump, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

Trump: I'll tell them this : Our message is growing, day by day, week by week, minute by minute, more and more people are seeing past the lies of the Establishment and realizing that finally, there is a proper third choice for them this time. After years of abuse by the two major parties, someone is challenging their hegemony and is winning! Do not lose heart, keep up the fight, continue to support Senate, Congressional, and Gubernatorial Candidates who will fight the establishment tooth and nail. Remember to be wary of grifters who are looking to hijack our movement for their own gain and by that I mean, research any person you think looks suspicious of being a grifter and if they are, call them out as we don't need that tainting the movement. Together, as we move forward, we'll continue to grow stronger and in November, we will tear down the establishment and rebuild the government this time for the people, not for special interests and wall street. To put it simply : America is waking up and together, myself and her people, we shall bring it to be Great once again!

It's always a pleasure to be here Tom.

Brokaw: And to have you here as well, Mr. Trump.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. We do not have an interview scheduled for Tuesday, but that may be subject to change.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2020, 05:59:54 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's special Nevada caucuses and South Carolina Republican primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: The first results are now coming in from precincts across the Silver State, and we have two results already.

Brokaw: The first of these a reiteration of an earlier call, and neither is a surprise. In the Democratic race, however, things are much less clear cut.

Brokaw: These are early results, but they give Senator Clinton the lead in a state expected to be hotly contested tonight. Still, the race is too early to call at this time. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2020, 06:13:03 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Nevada caucuses and South Carolina Republican primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Silver State as we watch the battle between Senator Clinton and Governor Sebelius.

Brokaw: These results suggest Senator Clinton is widening her lead in a state expected to be hotly contested tonight. Still, the race is too early to call at this time. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2020, 06:17:56 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Nevada caucuses and South Carolina Republican primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Silver State as we watch the battle between Senator Clinton and Governor Sebelius.

Brokaw: These results suggest Senator Clinton's lead is narrowing somewhat in a state expected to be hotly contested tonight. Still, the race is too early to call at this time. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2020, 06:43:21 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: These results suggest Senator Clinton's lead is mostly holding steady in a state expected to be hotly contested tonight. Still, the race is too early to call at this time. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2020, 07:08:25 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: The final results are now coming in from precincts across the Silver State, and we can make a projection in the battle between Senator Clinton and Governor Sebelius.

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE NEVADA DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES

Brokaw: We can also project delegate totals: Hillary Clinton will receive 15 delegates to Governor Sebelius's 10. This means that Governor Sebelius still leads in the overall delegates, 119 to 101.

Brokaw: As well, this now means that Ron Paul has 230 delegates on his way to the Republican nomination, to Melissa Hart's 3; Hart, however, suspended her campaign some time ago.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. Thank you so much for tuning in, and don't forget to join us next week for our special coverage of the South Carolina Democratic primary. Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and thanks for tuning in.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2020, 08:30:44 PM »

PHASE III, TURN V: STILL FIRST IN THE SOUTH

And so Senator Clinton ensures her continued comeptitiveness in this arduous primary, and finally achieves some relief, for South Carolina is viewed as a state where she has a significant advantage. Despite this, however, both Barbara Lee and Jim Clyburn have endorsed Kathleen Sebelius in a race where an upset is viewed as a real possibility.

Among the Republicans, Congressman Paul remains unstoppable following yet two more titanic victories. However, with Donald Trump seeming to push in more and more on his "turf," as it were, the question remains on how he can bring the rising independent down a few pegs, in order to prevent the much feared fifth consecutive Democratic term. On the bright side, though, he's now approaching a majority of Libertarian delegates in their nomination process. If he can just go a little farther...

Meanwhile, another success for Donald Trump: Speaker Hastert has resigned amid yet more evidence coming to light that he did, in fact, molest several teenage boys. A special election has been called, and Chris Lauzen has already registered his candidacy. He appears to be home free in the Republican primary, as well, as potential opponent Jim Oberweis has elected to keep out and endorse Lauzen. The Republicans, meanwhile, are now seeing trouble in the ranks, as while John Boehner has a significant majority of support among the caucus, he doesn't have the 217 votes necessary to win the gavel outright. Seeing this chaos, third-term Representative Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee has begun voicing a more populist message in the hopes of potentially upending the process. How will Trump respond to this?

This turn will be due on July 19 IRL, and will go through January 26th in-game.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2020, 10:03:54 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2020, 08:55:32 PM by Cabbage »

Morning Consult Democratic Primary Poll, 21-23 January 2008
Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 47%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 46%

Morning Consult Republican Primary Poll, 21-23 January 2008
Representative Ron Paul - 92%
"Someone Else" - 6%

Who would you vote for in the 2008 general election?
Democratic Nominee - 33%
Republican Nominee - 33%
Mr. Donald Trump - 25%

Endorsements

Democrats

Hillary Clinton
Dianne Feinstein, U.S. Senator from California
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States
Frank Cownie, Mayor of Des Moines, Iowa
Planned Parenthood
Tom Daschle, U.S. Senator from South Dakota
Tom Harkin, U.S. Senator from Iowa
Leonard Boswell, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 3rd District
Kamala Harris, District Attorney for San Francisco
Chuck Schumer, U.S. Senator from New York
Blanche Lincoln, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Mark Pryor, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Ted Kennedy, U.S. Senator from Massachusetts
Oprah Winfrey, TV show host
Lou D’Allesandro, New Hampshire State Senator
Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader
Sioux City Journal
Bruce Braley, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 1st District
Dick Clark, former U.S. Senator from Iowa
AFL-CIO, major labor union
John Lynch, Governor of New Hampshire
Neal Smith, former U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th and 5th Districts
Des Moines Register
John A. Durkin, former U.S. Senator from New Hampshire
Barack Obama, U.S. Senator from Illinois
Nancy Pelosi, U.S. Representative from California's 9th District
Elijah Cummings, U.S. Representative from Maryland's 7th District
Culinary Workers Union
Ted Strickland, Governor of Ohio
Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida
Carl Levin, U.S. Senator from Michigan
Harry Reid, U.S. Senator from Nevada
Corrine Brown, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 3rd District
Robert Wexler, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 19th District
Debbie Wasserman Schultz, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 20th District
Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States
Ellen Tauscher, U.S. Representative from California’s 10th District
Pete Stark, U.S. Representative from California’s 13th District
Maxine Waters, U.S. Representative from California’s 35th District
Al Green, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 9th District

Kathleen Sebelius
Ben Nelson, U.S. Senator from Nebraska
Claire McCaskill, Governor of Missouri
Janet Napolitano, Governor of Arizona
Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico
Betty Castor, U.S. Senator from Florida
Barbara Lee, U.S. Representative from California's 9th District
NAACP
Xavier Becerra, U.S. Representative from California's 31st District
Jim Clyburn, U.S. Representative from South Carolina’s 6th District
John Lewis, U.S. Representative for Georgia’s 5th District
Patty Judge, former Iowa Secretary of Agriculture
Gavin Newsom, Mayor of San Francisco
Barbara Boxer, U.S. Senator from California
Jennifer Granholm, Governor of Michigan
Brian Schweitzer, Governor of Montana
Bernie Sanders, U.S. Senator from Vermont (Independent)
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa
Jeanne Shaheen, former Governor of New Hampshire
John Conyers, U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 14th District
United Auto Workers, labor union
Sanford Bishop, U.S. Representative from Georgia's 2nd District
Deval Patrick, Governor of Massachusetts
Debbie Stabenow, U.S. Senator from Michigan
John Dingell, U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 15th District
John Edwards, U.S. Senator from North Carolina
National Education Association
Kendrick Meek, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 17th District
Kathy Castor, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 11th District
Dick Durbin, U.S. Senator from Illinois
Phil Bredesen, Governor of Tennessee

Republicans

Ron Paul
Walter B. Jones, U.S. Representative from North Carolina’s 3rd District
Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico
George Allen, U.S. Senator from Virginia
Chuck Grassley, U.S. Senator for Iowa
Adam Putnam, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 12th District
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
Mike Pence, U.S. Representative from Indiana’s 6th District
Tom Latham, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th District
Steve King, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 5th District
Chuck Norris, actor
Kid Rock, musician
Marco Rubio, Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives
Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
Nancy Reagan, former First Lady of the United States
Terry Branstad, former Governor of Iowa
Pat Buchanan, former White House Communications Director
Mark Sanford, Governor of South Carolina
Clint Eastwood, actor
Bill Weld, former Governor of Massachusetts
Craig Benson, former Governor of New Hampshire
Rick Perry, Governor of Texas

Independents

Donald Trump
Jeff Sessions, U.S. Senator from Alabama (Republican)
Tim Allen, actor
United States Constitution Party
Paul E. Vallely, retired U.S. major general
Jimmy Duncan, U.S. Representative from Tennessee's 2nd District (Republican)
Jim Webb, former U.S. Secretary of the Navy (Democrat)
Fred Williamson, actor
Joe Arpaio, Sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona (Republican)
Rudy Giuliani, former Mayor of New York City (Republican)
Ben Carson, neurosurgeon
Gene Simmons, musician

Debate results will be up later today, ahead of the Iowa caucus results (next debate will be up tomorrow or Monday).

Remaining Credits:

Ron Paul: 58
Donald Trump: 9
Kathleen Sebelius: 3
Hillary Clinton: 0
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2020, 06:15:04 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's special Louisiana Republican caucuses and South Carolina Democratic primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: The first results are now coming in from precincts across the Palmetto State, but we do not have any calls to make yet.

Brokaw: These results show Senator Clinton with a hearty early lead at this time, but we cannot yet make a call. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2020, 06:21:59 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Louisiana Republican caucuses and South Carolina Democratic primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Palmetto State, and we have a call to make.

Brokaw: These results show Senator Clinton with a hearty enough lead at this time that we are confident in our ability to call the state already. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2020, 06:28:16 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Louisiana Republican caucuses and South Carolina Democratic primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Palmetto State as we wait to find out just how many delegates Senator Clinton will receive now that she has defeated Governor Sebelius.

Brokaw: These results continue to show Senator Clinton with a hearty enough lead that we are still confident in our ability to call the state already. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2020, 06:33:42 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Palmetto State as we wait to find out just how many delegates Senator Clinton will receive now that she has defeated Governor Sebelius.

Brokaw: These results continue to show Senator Clinton with a hearty enough lead that we are still confident in our ability to call the state already. We will be back with more results, as well as the results of the Louisiana Republican caucuses, after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2020, 06:44:04 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: The final results are now coming in from precincts across the Palmetto State as we can now determine just how many delegates Senator Clinton will receive now that she has defeated Governor Sebelius. As well, we can project that Ron Paul has won all of Louisiana's delegates.

Brokaw: These results will produce the following delegate totals for the primary race at large.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. Join us later in the week when we go over the results in Florida. Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and thanks for tuning in.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2020, 07:03:54 PM »

PHASE III, TURN VI: DON'T TAKE GRENADES TO TACO BELL

And so Senator Clinton brings the delegate difference back into single digits, and hopes to continue her success in yet another Southern state, Florida. While not so friendly as South Carolina, Clinton is hoping her victory in the Palmetto State will have restored enough confidence in her to score a sizable win here, as well as the endorsement of Senator Bill Nelson. Governor Sebelius, however, has the endorsement of Florida's other Senator, Betty Castor, as well as Representatives Kendrick Meek and Kathy Castor, leading some to believe that the possibility of her upset is far more viable here...

Among the Republicans, Congressman Paul remains unstoppable following yet another massive victory. As well, he's won the support of a majority of Libertarian Party delegates, and so will be nominated by their party, as well. Paul now finds himself tasked with determining how best to place himself: a middle-of-the-road candidate between two "hardliners," the true leader of conservatism, or perhaps, if Senator Clinton continues to rack up wins, the only candidate not from the New York City metro area.

Meanwhile, the House is in chaos: numerous conservative Republicans, including the embattled Representative Taylor, are backing Blackburn against Boehner, resulting in a closer race every ballot. To make matters worse for the establishment, several progressive Democrats have begun pushing for Blackburn, believing (rightly or wrongly) that her winning the Speaker's gavel could shipwreck the Republicans in November. How will Trump respond to this?

This turn will be due on July 22 IRL, and will go through January 29th in-game.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies