Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:20:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 17701 times)
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: June 27, 2020, 10:46:17 AM »

Reverend Jesse Jackson endorses Senator Clinton

In a surprise rally with Senator Hillary Clinton and President Bill Clinton, The Civil Rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson announced his support and full endorsement of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton
She is a fighter, I've known her for a while and I know that she believes in us, Hillary Clinton is a hard-working women and she will fight for the hard-working people of this country. So I will put my soul into this campaign and ensure that Hillary Rodham Clinton makes it to the White House

Reverend Jackson will campaign for Clinton all over the south, mainly in the state of South Carolina where he has broad appeal among the African American community.
RGM2609
« Reply #251 on: June 27, 2020, 11:36:57 AM »

Russ Feingold celebrated Thanksgiving at a homeless shelter in Iowa

In an unconventional move, Senator Feingold choose to celebrate Thanksgiving, with his family, at a homeless shelter in Des Moines, Iowa. He donated a significant amount of money from his own to the shelter and promised to donate his own salary as President to homeless shelters as well, at least until everyone will have a home, as he put it. During the meal, the homeless people living there have shared their experiences and how they got on the streets, and expressed hope that a Feingold Administration will help them improve their lives. Russ listened with compassion, answered all of their questions and promised to help them as President.

On another point, the Former Representative of Iowa Neal Smith endorsed Russ Feingold, calling him the best choice Iowa could make and said that the Senator impressed him during his last term, when they had the chance to work together. Smith said that Russ was and still is a force of change in Washington DC and that Iowa has the chance to help him reform Iowa, pointing out that any other choice would be just a confirmation of the DC swamp and its power. Neal promised to campaign in the entire state until the caucus, especially in his own district.
RGM2609
« Reply #252 on: June 27, 2020, 12:37:54 PM »

Des Moines Register endorses Russ Feingold for President

Today, the Des Moines Register announced its endorsement for the Democratic nomination and the Presidency of the United States, and it is Senator Russ Feingold! In an article, the newspaper editorial team called Russ Feingold the change Iowa and America really need after decades of establishment politicians and corporate hacks dictating laws in the country. They also said that what makes Russ different from his opponents is, in their view, the fact that he can also see the flaws of 16 years of Clinton-Gore Presidencies, such as the devastating NAFTA or the insufficiency of Gorecare, and is willing to do everything it takes to fix them. The team thinks that 8 years of a Feingold Administration will change America for the better, and not incrementally but in a fundamental way.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #253 on: June 27, 2020, 03:25:33 PM »

AP RELEASES POLLS ON WHO WON SECOND PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES

Following CNN News's second presidential debates for both parties, the Associated Press took a poll to ascertain who was found to have done the best overall; here are the results:

AMONG INDEPENDENTS:
Senator Russ Feingold - 23.1%
Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 21.8%
Representative Ron Paul - 15.4%
Governor Brian Schweitzer - 12.6%
Mr. Donald Trump - 12.2% (protest vote over lack of second Trump townhall)
Representative Melissa Hart - 8.1%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 6.8%

AMONG DEMOCRATS (DEMOCRATS ONLY):
Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 43.8%
Senator Russ Feingold - 22.6%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 20.5%
Governor Brian Schweitzer - 12.2%

AMONG REPUBLICANS (REPUBLICANS ONLY):
Representative Melissa Hart - 59.2%
Representative Ron Paul - 40.8%

These polls showing a very good night for female candidates among those who identify with a party, as 65.3% of Democrats and 59.2% of Republicans said a woman did best in the debates. This number dropped sharply, however, when the poll was put to independents, only 36.7% of whom said one of the three women who participated in one of the debates did best overall (albeit only a slim majority stated that a man who participated did the best, as nearly one vote in eight was cast for Donald Trump out of protest that he didn't get offered another townhall). On a more individual note, Governor Sebelius and Congresswoman Hart continuing their rise in the polls; it remains to be seen if this will blunt Congressman Paul's momentum among Republicans, and another difficult debate for the onetime nearly uncontested Democratic frontrunner.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #254 on: June 27, 2020, 04:46:13 PM »

"The Hillary I Know"

(Dorothy Rodham appears on screen)

Rodham: I remember when I first came home from the hospital with Hillary, and from that point, I knew she was going to be special, she always stood her ground for what she believed in and she was a tough cookie.
She has made me proud in more ways than I can even imagine, and I know she will make America proud as President. She has taken care of me as I once took care of her, and I know she will do the same for this country.
So when you get out to support a candidate, I hope you vote for my daughter, she will make this country proud and I believe with all of my heart she is prepared for this. Thank you.
Hillary: I'm Hillary Clinton, and I approve this message

Aired in the following states
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #255 on: June 27, 2020, 06:32:41 PM »

Donald Trump Celebration Rally in San Francisco, California for reaching 15% in the polls recently

Quote from: Trump
They said it could never be done, that it was impossible. Ross Perot was only a fluke in their eyes and the establishment carried on after him, believing that no Independent could ever reach 15%, or higher, ever again and they'd somehow make sure of it. Well, I'm here to say that now, more Americans than ever before are waking up to the lies and corruption that the establishment operates under the noses of many innocent Americans. I am proud to know that now, Americans are rising against the establishment that had held them back for the past 20 years and support a movement that is rising for the people and has been made possible because of the people. This movement isn't about me, or my family, as believe me, we could be doing whatever we'd like without any of the Negative Press hitting us. Instead, this movement is about you. This movement if for John from Detroit who has been out of work for the past 12 years because the establishment shipped his manufacturing job to China. This movement is about Angie from Birmingham who is struggling to raise two kids as a single mother while also trying to keep her job and keep up on her mortgages because the Establishment has been mishandling the financial aid meant for her for years. This movement is for many people like them and I am glad to see more and more Americans are rallying behind a message, one that says enough is enough and that we are taking our country back from the politicians who ruined our beautiful nation. Currently, I am in talks with the leaders of the Constitution Party on whether or not there'll be a Convention for this Movement before the General Election arrives and we've reached an agreement. If I manage to reach 20% or more in the polls before February, then a three day Convention will be set up two weeks before the Republican National Convention, one in which tickets will be available to all those interested in going and there'll be food, drinks, and snacks as well as various forms of entertainment for any children you bring with you, all paid by myself and the Constitution. Currently, we've seen bids come from all over the place, but I've been told that of the bids, New York City, this great city of San Francisco, Knoxville, Tennessee, Miami, or St. Louis. However, instead of having unelected people choose where the convention will be held, I'll allow you, the American citizenry, to vote on my website, TrumpforAmerica2008 .com, and choose which of the five cities you'd like to see the Convention be held in if it does happen and we'll announce which city will hold the People's Popular Convention at the end of January. May the best city win that vote but remember to all inhabitants of the cities that failed to be selected, there is no ill will towards you, it is just simply we got too many requests and had to whittle them down. I apologize for that and hope you do understand.

Now, onto another issue. I have had no request for a second Townhall ever since my last one months ago. This just proves that the establishment and the media are against us, not just me, us, because they are refusing to let our voices be heard on their television stations. I have been nothing but nice to the anchors of the media because it's not their fault for organizations are corrupt and yet I see every day, hit piece after hit piece after hit piece trying to dirty my name. What they don't know is all these attacks is hardening your support of me. And, to show how truly out of touch they are, when polling Independents, 12.2% held a protest vote that supported myself as a winner of the debates despite my lack of a townhall. Now, there is little time between now and Iowa to request a Townhall for myself, but between now and then, I want you to ask any media anchors whenever you can to give me a townhall with the following rules : 2 General Questions and 2 Candidate Specific Question as well as myself being allowed to speak however long I want as I think we all agree that the speaking rule in the debates is quite arbitrary and only leads to confusion and a lack of understanding among potential voters. Please, don't harass or threaten anyone for that to happen, you do that and I will disown you and request you turn yourself in to the police. Just do it as politely but as nosily as you can until they get the message. Thank you, you all are beautiful, and I hope to see even more of you as I travel across this great land!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #256 on: June 27, 2020, 06:48:17 PM »

THIRD DEMOCRATIC PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
All Images from Wikimedia Commons

Good evening and welcome to the third presidential debate of the 2008 election. I'm Charles Gibson of ABC News, coming to you from St. Anselm College in beautiful Goffstown, New Hampshire. Tonight, I'll be serving as your moderator for the Democratic presidential candidates. Later on, we'll have the Republican candidates hosted by George Stephanopoulos.

For the last few weeks, we've asked the audience to send in questions that you would like to be asked to our presidential candidates, and the audience has delivered. Tonight's rules are simple. Each candidate will have a few moments for opening remarks. Questions will be posed by myself, with each candidate getting a specific one. Afterwards, candidates will be asked for closing statements and rebuttals, if they so wish.

Responses will be judged based on clarity, length, and of course response from you, the voters. Let's get started and one at a time introduce the Democratic candidates for President of the United States...

New York Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton...

Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold...

Former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel...

Montana Governor Brian Schweitzer...

California Congresswoman Barbara Lee...

Vice President Joe Lieberman...

and finally, Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius

Questions for Specific Candidates

For Senator Clinton: One complaint against you that's been gaining steam recently is that you're currently struggling to win over independents compared to other candidates both on this stage and off it. How do you intend to win over this key group if you are the nominee?

For Senator Feingold: With Congresswoman Lee's recent drop in the polls, you've emerged as the most prominent candidate in the progressive wing of the party. How do you intend to capitalize on this new status in your quest for the nomination?

For Senator Gravel: You’ve been out of the Senate for nearly three decades now. How do you intend to stand out in a field of far more recent politicians?

For Governor Schweitzer: You said at the last debate that big banks and big pharma are "holding court in Congress." How do you intend to stop this process, given that many of the members of Congress with large amounts of financial backing from these large corporations are members of your own party?

For Congresswoman Lee: You have called for a massive overhaul of the current prison system in America, including a ban on private prisons. How would we pay for prisons that would shift back under government control?

To Vice President Lieberman: Some on the left have claimed that you aren’t the right nominee for a party that “wants to move forward.” How do you respond to these attacks?

For Governor Sebelius: You've risen from someone little known outside her home state to tied for the lead in this hard-fought primary race. How do you intend to improve on this status in what has so far proven to be an environment constantly in flux?

Answers are due July 5. Good luck!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #257 on: June 27, 2020, 07:03:38 PM »

THIRD REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
All Images from Wikimedia Commons

Good evening and welcome to the third GOP presidential debate. I'm George Stephanopoulos, coming to you from St. Anselm College in beautiful Goffstown, New Hampshire. Tonight, I'll be serving as your moderator for the Republican presidential candidates. Earlier, my colleague Charles Gibson was live from this very same room with the Democratic candidates for president.

For the last few weeks, we've asked the audience to send in questions that you would like to be asked to our presidential candidates, and the audience has delivered. Tonight's rules are simple. Each candidate will have a few moments for opening remarks. Questions will be posed by myself, with each candidate getting a specific one. Afterwards, candidates will be asked for closing statements and rebuttals, if they so wish.

Responses will be judged based on clarity, length, and of course response from you, the voters. Let's get started and one at a time introduce the Republican candidates for President of the United States...

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg...

Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher...

Pennsylvania Congresswoman Melissa Hart...

Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal...

New York Governor George Pataki...

Texas Congressman Ron Paul...

Former Defense Secretary Colin Powell...

and lastly, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney...

Questions for Specific Candidates

For Mayor Bloomberg: If elected, you would be the richest President in history. How do you intend to convince the average American that you understand their plight?

For Governor Fletcher: Some have begun to call you the candidate of "hope and change" for Republicans. Why do you believe this is?

For Congresswoman Hart: Despite having little name recognition when you started your bid, you're now in double digits. Why do you believe this is?

For Governor Jindal: You’ve stated that you will "bring back" jobs that President Gore has destroyed. Which jobs are these, and how would you bring them back?

For Governor Pataki: You have made regular reference to your tax cuts in New York as proof of your conservative chops; how would you reform the tax code as President?

For Congressman Paul: Despite losing the last debate among Republicans, you scored more independent support than any of your opponents on this stage among independents. Do you believe this proves that you are the best candidate to win over independents as you push for the White House?

To Secretary Powell: Many Republicans have complained about your preaching Republican Party unity after serving six years under a Democratic administration. How do you respond to these people who claim you’re being an opportunist?

To Governor Romney: Despite entering the race in a reasonable position, you have since slumped to the lower single digits. What do you believe is the cause of this, and how do you intend to right it?

Responses are due July 5. Good luck!
RGM2609
« Reply #258 on: June 28, 2020, 08:20:03 AM »

Russ Feingold gives major speech on rural issues in Sioux Center, Iowa

Russ Feingold - Hello, Sioux! It is an honor to be here, together with all of you, fighters for a better tomorrow! Today, we are here to discuss about a very important subject that was not really addressed in this campaign, but one that is crucial for the future of America. And that is how we can put rural America back on track. Because, make no mistake, just like middle America was left behind by Washington and the workers were left behind by the billionaires, so was, unfortunately, rural America by a large part of our politicians. But my campaign is about leaving no one behind but put Americans first, ahead of the billionaires and corporations and the DC crooks! So, today I am here to tell you about my plans for rural America and small farms, and then I will take questions from the voters.

Now, I know that family farms are being squeezed. Farm consolidation has made it harder for mid-size family farmers to get fair prices for their products and compete on the open market. And I also know that rural communities are left behind because of the lack of infrastructure and remote distances which cause a lack of capital. There is less access to quality doctors, and schools have trouble recruiting teachers. And I have a plan to fix all of those issues.

First of all, we will ensure economic opportunity for family farmers by creating a strong safety net for family farms with a 250.000 payment limitation that will help family farms not corporations, preventing anticompetitive behavior against family farms by implementing a packer ban, strengthening anti-monopoly laws and strengthening producer protections, regulating CAFOs by ordering the EPA to strictly regulate pollution from large CAFOs, with tough fines and strengthened control from local communities. A Feingold Administration will fight hard to pass and implement a law mandating the labeling of the country origin of products, so that producers can American producers can distinguish their products from imported ones. We will also encourage organic and local agriculture by helping organic farmers to afford certification of their crops and reform crop insurance to not penalize organic farmers. We will also promote regional food systems.

Second of all, we will support rural economic development by supporting small business development by providing capital for farmers to create value-added enterprises and create a program for small businesses and micro-enterprises in rural America. We will also connect rural America by ensuring through smart government actions and FCC reforms that rural Americans have access to a modern communications infrastructure and promote affordable broadband coverage and rural phone services. And last but not least, we will promote leadership in renewable energy. We will create millions of jobs by transforming the energy system and the economy, and rural America will be the first to benefit from this revolution.

And last but not least, we will improve rural quality of life, which is probably our biggest priority. We will combat the meth epidemic, which has been rising dramatically in the last 10 years. We will improve rural healthcare, which is a very big priority for me, by ensuring a more equitable Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement structure. We will attract providers to rural America by creating a loan forgiveness program for doctors and nurses who work in rural areas. We support increasing rural access to care by promoting health information technologies like telemedicine. We will also improve rural education by providing incentives for talented persons to teach in rural areas, including increased pay. We will do everything we can to keep and attract young people in rural areas, and we will protect Land Grant colleges.

With this plan, I believe that rural America can emerge stronger than ever, and I will do everything I can so the hard working farmers can experience a revival and defeat the huge corporations seeking to get them out of business and the current gap between rural and urban America. Thank you, and now I will take some questions...
RGM2609
« Reply #259 on: June 28, 2020, 03:47:13 PM »

Russ Feingold ad - Behind The Closed Doors, airing in Iowa, NH, NV and Michigan

Narrator - Have you ever wondered what is behind the closed doors of Capitol Hill, in front of which politicians give their fancy speeches? Well, today we will find out!

(A dark room full of smoke from cigarettes, with several mafia-looking men and a woman sitting in fancy chairs appears on screen)

Here they are, the establishment crooks who decide everything in Washington, the billionaires and the politicians they sponsor. They are all fighting in here, to protect their interests and destroy your dreams! And in the middle of the gang, there is Hillary Clinton. She is just like them. She has been in DC forever and now she wants to get to the Presidency! And her establishment friends are right there for her, sponsoring her and getting all of the politicians they own to line up behind her! What a nice group of friends, except they are only united by their desire to protect the status quo! And President Hillary Clinton would only continue to preside over this corruption instead of draining the swamp, because no matter what she tells you, she is just like them! She is...one of them!

Russ Feingold - I am Russ Feingold and I approve this message.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #260 on: June 28, 2020, 06:12:59 PM »

Election Update 2008
with your host, Tom Brokaw

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight is marked by victories for Kathleen Sebelius and Melissa Hart in the respective parties' debates, as well as Donald Trump's call for an edited form of townhall.

Brokaw: And now, of course, for our special guest tonight, Governor Kathleen Sebelius of Texas. Governor, how are you tonight?

Sebelius: I'm good, Tom. Glad to be here.

Brokaw: And we're glad to have you, as well. Now then, you have complained in a speech in New Hampshire about the efforts to anoint a frontrunner to “maintain the status quo in Washington.” What do you say to the counterargument that a “quick and clean” primary may well be necessary to prevent a Republican takeover after sixteen years of Democratic rule?

Sebelius: Being out on the trail, I can tell you, the American people don’t want more of the same, they want fresh ideas. A coronation in this primary would send the message that political elites think they know what’s best for people without hearing their concerns. I believe primaries are healthy for political parties, and they give the people the chance to have their voices heard about who they believe is best to lead not only the party but the country. We need a nominee who is battle-tested, who can energize Democrats, Independents, and moderate Republicans, someone who can defend her positions and plans and is a proven advocate for the American people. We can only get a nominee like that out of a contested primary like this one.

Brokaw: A cautionary tale: anointings reek of establishment puppet strings. Now then, you have made very clear that you would govern as an outsider. How would you deal with scenarios which many claim would require “an insider’s touch,” such as ending the impasse on Gorecare in a scenario where the Republicans maintain control of the House?

Sebelius: For the entirety of my time as Governor of Kansas, I’ve had to work with a veto-proof Republican majority, so I know how to reach across the aisle to pass important legislation. However, I know the situation we face in Washington is tenuous, and an insider’s touch as you put it would be helpful to pass all of the bold changes we need. That’s why I will value Congressional experience in my Vice Presidential pick to balance my own Executive experience. This allows me to focus on my strengths of being the Chief Executive and will allow my Vice President to serve as not only a tiebreaker in the Senate but a liaison to Congress, having built relationships there that, as an outsider in Washington, I won’t yet have.

Brokaw: Capability garnered through experience, the best kind. Now then, assuming you do win the Presidency next year, what would you first 100 days be like?

Sebelius: My first 100 days will be focused on updating and modernizing our government, alongside setting the groundwork for the audit of government spending. These two projects go hand in hand, as outdated systems slow down nearly everything in government and increase the costs, so any dollar spent on bringing our systems into the 21st century will be saved due to increased efficiency. Next, I will work with Congress on passing my proposed College for All plan, which would allow the Department of Education to directly loan to students, help offset the costs of books and tuition to students who are working part-time or participating in internships and collaborate with school districts to create a curriculum to prepare students for college. Finally, I will work to pass a bipartisan bill of tax credits, focused on small businesses and caretakers, in order to give back to those who are truly the backbone of our economy.

Brokaw: Efficiency and affordable education, a fine combination. Finally, Governor Sebelius, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

Sebelius: I would say that I represent a new path forward, one that doesn’t just advocate for Democratic or Republican values, but for American values. I believe in personal liberty with a government that works for and is held accountable by the public. I believe that the best country on Earth deserves the best education and healthcare systems in the world. I believe that we can work together to build a fairer country where anyone can build success regardless of how wealthy or poor their parents are, the color of their skin, or who they love. If you agree, then I’m your candidate.

Brokaw: Governor Sebelius, always a pleasure to have you on.

Paul: Always one to be here, Tom.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. Tune in Tuesday when we will interview Senator Russ Feingold.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #261 on: June 29, 2020, 10:21:17 AM »

Fellow Governors Endorse Kathleen Sebelius

Governor Bill Richardson (NM)

Source

“I’ve long been a proponent of the chief executive having actual executive experience, and I’m glad to see we have a viable candidate with the kind of record that New Mexicans can get behind. I’m proud to endorse my fellow Governor Kathleen Sebelius. Washington needs a leader who isn’t afraid to tackle the tough issues like balancing our budget and enacting education reform. Kathleen has the experience we need in Washington, and I look forward to working to get her elected.”

The Governors will hit the campaign trail on behalf of Governor Sebelius in December. Governor Bill Richardson will attend the opening of the Albuquerque campaign office, meeting with staff and volunteers. The Governor will hold rallies in Las Cruces, Albuquerque, and Santa Fe, with smaller events in between. He will highlight Sebelius' energy policy being strong for states like New Mexico and endorse her audit of the federal budget as a step towards fiscal accountability in Washington. Closer to the end of December, Richardson will cross over into Colorado, hoping to capitalize on his name recognition in the neighboring state. While there, he will continue the strategy utilized in New Mexico, with events in Trinidad, Pueblo, and La Junta.

Governor Janet Napolitano (AZ)

Source

“Democrats face a tough choice for the direction of our party. Do we play up to the left and risk alienating Independents and moderate Republicans? Or do we go with the status quo, potentially depressing turnout among our base? There’s one candidate in this race who offers a new way, and that’s why I’m endorsing Governor Kathleen Sebelius for President. In order to win in November and make sure we defend and expand on the progress we’ve made, we can’t afford to write off states like Kansas and Arizona just because they’re traditionally Republican-leaning. Kathleen has a record of creating a winning coalition by defending both the rights of Americans to own a gun and to keep abortion safe, legal, and rare. Kathleen knows what it takes to not just win, but to enact positive, lasting change.”

Governor Janet Napolitano will split her time on the campaign trail between her own state of Arizona and the early state, Nevada. Opening the campaign HQ in Tucson, Napolitano will highlight Sebelius' common sense approach to policy, comparing it to her own. With rallies in Tucson, Mesa, and Phoenix, Napolitano will focus on Sebelius' College for All plan in her stump speech. Outside of Arizona, Napolitano will make several stops in the Las Vegas metro, visiting the Nevada campaign office there, holding rallies in Las Vegas, Henderson, and Paradise, and coordinating strategy with the national campaign.
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #262 on: June 29, 2020, 09:41:39 PM »

TRIO OF NEW RON PAUL ENDORSEMENTS

Ron Paul's campaign for president has received three new endorsements from prominent officials in states that are vital to the Paul campaign. Governors Rick Perry, Bill Weld, and Craig Benson are all supporting Ron Paul.

"With the first voting now just days away, it is important that we Republicans choose a nominee with the credentials needed to serve as an effective president. Having served as governors ourselves, we know how much work it takes to run a government. Because of this experience, we are backing Ron Paul in 2008. His values and ethics are consistent with ours, and we are confident he'll bring a new sense of direction to Washington."

The Paul campaign is relying on endorsements from critical states in their strategy to drive up enthusiasm for Ron Paul and eventually turn that enthusiasm into votes. All three governors are expected to campaign with Ron in the weeks and days leading up to the Iowa caucuses, New Hampshire Primary, and other early voting states.

zoz
Rookie

« Reply #263 on: June 29, 2020, 10:21:02 PM »

RON PAUL DEBATE ANSWERS

Opening Statement: Good evening everyone, hope you’re all staying warm out there! As the first votes are getting ready to be cast in just a few weeks now, people are asking themselves, “who should I support?” “What should my candidate believe in?” And many of them are coming to the same conclusion: After sixteen straight years of government growth, increased spending and more restrictive laws being signed, the next president should be someone committed to small government conservative values. And folks, I’m that guy. I’m a conservative through and through, from the Second Amendment to abortion to spending and so forth. We need to cut the waste in Washington. The inefficiency is sickening, and the over-reach of the federal government is worrying. We need to return power to the states to make their own decisions on education, regulations, and more. The days of a “one size fits all” liberal agenda is over, and we’re the ones stopping it.

Despite losing the last debate among Republicans, you scored more independent support than any of your opponents on this stage among independents. Do you believe this proves that you are the best candidate to win over independents as you push for the White House?

I do George, I really do. The Republican Party’s nominee had better have strong appeal to independents and third-party folk, because without them we can’t win. My campaign has received large amounts of support from independents, libertarians, and even many people who have never given a damn about politics before. They see this as a unifying force, a campaign that can create a diverse coalition to beat back the Clinton dynasty. Many of my fellow candidates, unfortunately, can’t replicate my success. And especially with the presence of Donald Trump, we need to make up as much ground as possible elsewhere, more than we have before. And another aspect of it is change. Our campaign represents the biggest movement for change of anyone running for president, and a lot of people recognize that, both within the GOP and outside of it.

Closing Statement: Folks, when you go to your local caucus site, or when you step into that polling booth, just think for a moment. Who offers the biggest change from the path we’ve been going down? Who represents the values you want your leaders to hold up? Who has the best chance of beating the Clinton/Gore machine in November? Give it some thought, and I’m sure you’ll come to agree that this campaign of ours checks every box. We are growing every day, attracting Republicans and independents and all kinds of people together under one banner, because this is a genuine movement of genuine people, striving for something different, and something better than we’ve been given. Give me the honor of your vote, and I won’t disappoint. We’ll take this fight all the way to the Oval Office, together. Thank you.

zoz
Rookie

« Reply #264 on: June 30, 2020, 11:30:17 AM »

RON PAUL EARLY DECEMBER SCHEDULE

December 1: Rally in Flint, MI
                    Rally in Detroit, MI
                    Rally in Ann Arbor, MI

December 2: Town Hall in Bennington, VT
                    Town Hall in Rutland, VT
                    Town Hall in Middlebury, VT
                    Rally in Burlington, VT
                    Town Hall in Montpelier, VT

December 3: Town Hall in Lancaster, NH
                    Town Hall in Haverhill, NH
                    Rally in Lebanon, NH

December 4: Town Hall in Claremont, NH
                    Rally in Keene, NH
                    Rally in Manchester, NH

December 5: Town Hall in Lake City, FL
                    Campaign Office Opening in Tallahassee, FL
                    Town Hall in Panama City, FL

December 6: Town Hall in St. George, UT
                    Rally in Las Vegas, NV
                    Rally in Henderson, NV

December 7: Rally in Yuma, AZ
                    Town Hall in San Diego, CA
                    Rally/Fundraiser in Irvine, CA w/Clint Eastwood

December 8: Rally in Lexington, KY
                    Rally in  Louisville, KY
                    Rally in Bowling Green, KY
                    Rally in Nashville, TN     

December 9: Town Hall in Reno, NV
                    Fundraiser in Carson City, NV
                    Rally in Hawthorne, NV

December 10: Fundraiser in Paradise, NV
                      Rally in Las Vegas, NV
                      Make phone calls with supporters

December 11: Rally in Winnemucca, NV
                      Rally in Elko, NV
                      Rally in West Wendover, NV

December 12: Town Hall in Cheyenne, WY
                      Town Hall in Casper, WY

December 13: Rally in Augusta, ME
                      Rally in Brunswick, ME
                      Rally in Portland, ME 

December 14: Rally in Conway, NH
                      Rally in Plymouth, NH
                      Rally in Laconia, NH

December 15: Rally in Concord, NH
                      Rally in Manchester, NH w/ Gov. Craig Benson
                      Rally in Nashua, NH w/ Gov. Craig Benson
                      Rally in Lowell, MA

December 16: Rally in Salem, MA
                      Attend Boston Tea Party Commemoration in Boston, MA   
                      Town Hall in Boston, MA
                      Rally in Brockton, MA w/ Gov. Bill Weld

December 17: Rally in Hampton, NH
                      Rally in Portsmouth, NH
                      Rally in Dover, NH
                      Rally in Rochester, NH

December 18: Rally/Fundraiser in Myrtle Beach, SC w/ Gov. Mark Sanford
                      Rally in Florence, SC
                      Rally in Rock Hill, SC

December 19: Rally in Spartanburg, SC
                      Rally in Anderson, SC

December 20: Rally in Shreveport, LA
                      Rally in Alexandria, LA
                      Rally in Baton Rouge, LA
                      Rally in New Orleans, LA

December 21: Rally in Pensacola, FL
                      Rally in Tallahassee, FL
                      Rally in Jacksonville, FL

December 22: Rally in Gainesville, FL
                      Rally in Daytona Beach, FL
                      Rally in Orlando, FL

December 23-26: Christmas; return home

The Paul campaign is spending most of the month campaigning in early states such as New Hampshire, Michigan, and South Carolina. Following the Christmas holiday, Ron Paul will spend every day between then and the Iowa caucus on January 3 in Iowa, with events being held every day across the state. That schedule will be released closer to the caucus day itself.

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #265 on: June 30, 2020, 03:49:05 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Debate Responses

Source

Opening statement:

“I want to thank our moderator, Charles Gibson, and St. Anselm College for having us here tonight. America is the best country on Earth, but we should always be striving for a more perfect union. When I talk to people around the country I hear the same concerns in New Hampshire as I do in California, people are worried about the quality and affordability of education, they are turned off by corruption and lack of accountability in Washington, and they are hungry for change. The next President must face these challenges head-on and commit to working for the American people rather than powerful interests.

Tonight, we are having a debate about the future of not only the Democratic Party but also the country. I’m on this stage to tell you if Democrats become the party of the status quo, we will forfeit any of the progress of the past two administrations. If we become the party of the far left, we will lose any opportunity for building upon that hard-earned progress. This campaign represents a new way forward, a Democratic party that values a balanced budget and a modernized education system, one that wants to expand healthcare and root out corruption, one that respects the right to own a gun and believes Roe v Wade is settled law. That’s the movement my candidacy represents.”

For Governor Sebelius: You've risen from someone little known outside her home state to tied for the lead in this hard-fought primary race. How do you intend to improve on this status in what has so far proven to be an environment constantly in flux?

“I’m incredibly humbled by the reaction we’ve received to my candidacy and the campaign we’re running. When I got into this race, I knew there was a steep hill to climb to both introduce myself to voters and run against candidates with deep, institutional connections and a long history in the public eye. However, I believed then as I do now that America is ready for a change away from politics as usual. Americans want and deserve a government that is modern, efficient, and fair, and I will work to make that a reality in Washington.

So, how will I continue to build upon this momentum we currently have? I pledge to continue listening, learning, and offering solutions to the problems we’re facing. I am committed to representing this grassroots movement that is fighting for an accountable government, for better education and healthcare, and for the rights of the individual. This campaign isn’t just about me, it’s about getting to work for the American people.”

Closing statement:

“I want to thank everyone for tuning in to hear all of our different plans for the Democratic Party and the Presidency. The problems we face as a country are difficult to solve but they’re not insurmountable, and our next President faces some real challenges, but I’ve never been afraid of doing the hard work in order to get results. Standing up to insurance companies wasn’t easy, eliminating a billion-dollar debt without education cuts wasn’t easy, being elected statewide in a red state wasn’t easy, but I did it anyway.

It would be all too easy to stand on this stage and advocate for the status quo, a Democrat is in the White House and we’ve made some real progress. But, the status quo isn’t working for everyone, and I believe there’s still work to be done and progress to be made. It would also be easy to take that fact and run far to the left with it, using talking points to get headlines and national attention. But that would serve to alienate moderate Democrats, Independents, and the Republicans who are giving our party a second look. We have to build a big tent if we want to make any of our plans a reality.

The office of the Presidency is no place for someone who wants the easy way out of a problem, it’s for someone who is not afraid of working hard for the people of this great country. And as your President, I will not back down from the hard work of building a more perfect union. Thank you and God bless.”
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #266 on: June 30, 2020, 06:21:00 PM »

Election Update 2008
with your host, Tom Brokaw

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight is marked by the endorsement of Congressman Paul by several current and former governors.

Brokaw: And now, unfortunately, Senator Feingold could not be with us tonight, so there is no interview tonight.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. We don't have an interview lined up for Thursday yet, but that may change.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #267 on: July 01, 2020, 01:04:35 AM »

CLINTON FINAL 2007 CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE

December 1st - 5th | South Carolina
December 1st:
Rally in Charleston, SC
Barnstorm in Charleston, SC
Meet campaign volunteers

December 2nd:
Townhall on Criminal Justice Reform
Tour local warehouse
Attend campaign office opening in Florence, SC

December 3rd:
Rally in Myrtle Beach, SC
Roundtable on Equal Rights
Fundraiser in Myrtle Beach, SC

December 4th:
Rally in Rock Hill, SC
Meet small business owners in Rock Hill, SC
Town Hall on Economic Times in Rock Hill, SC

December 5th:
Meet community leaders in Columbia, SC
Play BINGO at a Retirement home in Columbia, SC
Meet small business leaders in Columbia, SC
Fly to New Hampshire

December 6th - 9th | New Hampshire
December 6th:
Rally in Manchester, NH
Meet local and state Democratic Leaders
Fundraiser in Manchester, NH

December 7th:
Phonebank in Nashua, NH
Meet campaign volunteers in Nashua, NH
Doorknock in Nashua, NH

December 8th:
Rally in Salem, NH
Eat at small diners in Salem, NH
Dance with campaign staff at Campaign HQ
Phonebank in Salem, NH

December 9th:
Rally in Portsmouth, NH
Meet voters in Portsmouth, NH
Phonebank in Portsmouth, NH
Fundraiser in Portsmouth, NH
Fly to New York
December 10th - 11th | New York
December 10th:
Rest day in Chappaqua, NY

December 11th:
Fundraiser in Manhattan, NY
Meet campaign volunteers at campaign headquarters
Fly to Iowa

December 12th - 15th | Iowa
December 12th:
Rally in Ames, IA
Meet voters in Ames, IA
Phonebank in Ames, IA
Meet factory workers

December 13th:
Meet voters in Iowa City, IA
Attend Christmas Party in Iowa City, IA
Decorate Campaign office in Iowa City, IA
Doorknock in Iowa City, IA

December 14th:
Rally in Des Moines, IA
Doorknock in Des Moines, IA
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA

December 15th:
Rally in Sioux City, IA
Eat at a small business diner.
Carol with Christmas Carolers
Fly to Michigan
December 16th - 18th | Michigan
December 16th:
Rally in Detroit, MI
Attend a local party in Detroit, MI
Townhall on the crime rate

December 17th:
Meet factory workers in Flint, MI
Shop at small business stores.
Meet voters in Flint, MI
Roundtable on Education in Flint, MI

December 18th:
Rally in Grand Rapids, MI
Meet voters in Grand Rapids, MI
Interview with a local news station in Grand Rapids, MI
Fly to Florida

December 19th - 22nd | Florida
December 19th:
Rally in Jacksonville, FL
Townhall in Jacksonville, FL
Roundtable on Equal Opportunities in Jacksonville, FL

December 20th:
Meet voters in Destin, FL
Phonebank in Destin, FL
Record video for YT Channel “Hillary For America 2008”

December 21st:
Rally in Orlando, FL
Meet voters in Orlando, FL
Phonebank in Orlando, FL
Townhall on Criminal Justice Reform

December 22nd:
Rally in Tampa, FL
Phonebank in Tampa, FL
Meet local business owners in Tampa, FL
Fly to New York
December 23rd - 26th | Christmas Break
December 27th - January 2nd | Iowa Bus Tour
December 27th:
Rally in Ames, IA
Meet voters in Ames, IA
Roundtable on agricultural benefits

December 28th:
Rally in Dubuque, IA
Townhall on Education
Phonebank in Dubuque, IA

December 29th:
Knock on doors in Des Moines, IA
Phonebank in Des Moines, IA
Town Hall on Crime Rates in Des Moines, IA

December 30th:
Rally in Sioux City, IA
Barnstorm in Sioux City, IA
Interview with a local news station
Phonebank in Sioux City, IA

December 31st:
New Years Eve Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
Dance with supporters at Cedar Rapids, IA on New Years Eve
Countdown with staff, friends and family in Cedar Rapids, IA

January 1st:
Rally in Council Bluffs, IA
Knock on doors in Council Bluffs, IA
Get Out The Caucus Event in Des Moines, IA

January 2nd:
Rally in Des Moines, IA
Meet voters in Des Moines, IA
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
Phonebank in Cedar Rapids, IA
Rally in Sioux City, IA

RGM2609
« Reply #268 on: July 01, 2020, 09:38:12 AM »

Russ Feingold gives a speech at the National Progressive Conference organized by his campaign

- Thank you, thank you. When I came up with the idea of organizing a National Progressive Conference, this is exactly what I had in mind. A room full of tough warriors and fighters for the American people against the crooked billionaires discussing their ideas. Thank you to all for attending and making the first NPC an epic success!

Now, it is clear fact that 2008, the year in which we will soon be, is a crucial one for our movement. Because the so-called conservatives are coming for us, fueled by corporations, lobbyists and donors, desperate to convince the people that we are communists throwing the country into anarchy. So today I want to make clear what progressives really stand for. We stand for recognizing both the greatness of America and its flaws and that we need to take action to fix its flaws. For example, we recognize that the healthcare system we live under is built to satisfy the greed of the insurance and drug companies and not to protect the health of the people. And we are decided to end their greed and make sure that all currently uninsured people will have insurance. Not half of them, not 25% or 75% of them, all of them. We also recognize that too many of our people are living in poverty and that we need to fighting a Second War on Poverty in order to ensure that all of the citizens of the greatest country on Earth can put food on their table and have a roof over their head. And we also see too many of our rural areas being devastated by corporations and by the lack of interest in their development by Washington politicians. And we progressives will always fight for the underdog, so we will do everything possible to lower the Gap between rural and urban America. We also need to acknowledge the damage done by our devastating immigration system, which has forced so many people into the shadows and stopped many people from coming in legally, as well as by the devastating NAFTA deal, which has been killing off millions of jobs and throw tens of millions of families into poverty since 1994, and work to fix them! This is what being progressive really means!

Now, it is known that we, Democrats, are going through a rough primary. But I think that only shows how many voices for change our party has and how diverse they are. And I will take a long, hard look at my opponents in this primary when I am building my Administration, because all of them except one has been a warrior for the people and not for the DC elites for their entire political careers, and I respect them deeply despite any disagreements we might have had during this heated primary. And I just want to point out - we absolutely need a woman on the Democratic ticket, as politics has been a world of men for too long! We have had 43 Presidents and 46 Vice Presidents - all of them were men, and only one woman on a major party ticket in 55 elections. If I am nominated I am decided to make history and select a woman as Vice President just like I have pledged. Another office I will make a priority is HHS Secretary, as the reform of the healthcare system is a priority for me and for the entire country, and I promise for my choice to be historical.

Thank you all for attending, and let me just say that the Progressive Movement is stronger than ever! That is because of you, the proud activists and fighters who made changing this country their personal priority! Thank you for that, and I respect you deeply. I look forward to see you in the next December at the 2nd National Progressive Conference as the winners of the elections! Thank you!
RGM2609
« Reply #269 on: July 01, 2020, 09:42:41 AM »

The schedule of Russ Feingold in December

1st December - 3rd December - Nevada

3rd December - 6th December - Michigan

6th December - 11th December - New Hampshire

12th December - 30th December - Iowa
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #270 on: July 01, 2020, 11:33:30 AM »

Due to falling poll numbers, Governor Schweitzer will be leaving the race and filing to run for reelection as Governor of Montana.

He is not endorsing a candidate, but has made it clear to close supporters, friends, and organizers that he favors Feingold or Sibelius.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #271 on: July 01, 2020, 12:03:04 PM »

Credit to Flickr
Hillary Clinton Debate Responses

Opening Statement
Thank you all so much, and I would like to thank you Charlie for hosting us, and of St. Anslem College for hosting us in the great state of New Hampshire. For the past 11 months, I have traveled this country listening to what Americans tell me every day. About how they are struggling to pay their mortgage, how they got denied treatment at a hospital because they had no insurance. These are real Americans struggling to get by, they need a champion for them in the White House, and I want to be that champion.

For the past 30 years, I have been fighting for average Americans, in the 1970's I worked for the Children's Defense Fund to fight for Children of all backgrounds and conditions so they could have the same opportunities as any other child. In the '80s as First Lady of Arkansas, I created the first teacher testing program that was a benchmark for other states and eventually the United States as a whole. In the '90s as First Lady of the United States, I headed a program that succeeded in giving every child in America free healthcare all the way up until their 18th birthday. And as a United States Senator, I worked bipartisanly across the aisle to repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell". My record shows I am prepared and dedicated to doing this, and we can do it together.

So don't let anyone tell you America is not up to the test, because we are. We are the strongest, brightest country on earth and with your help. We will keep it that way.

Personal Question
My plan is to reach out to every American in every section of this country, Democrat, Republican, Independent, black or white, gay or straight, I want you to join our campaign. I intend to win over independents by reaching out, if you do not agree with the divisive rhetoric of the GOP nominee or, ya know Donald Trump (laughs) then please join us! We are better than what divides us and I truly believe that.

So I will keep on speaking and listening to your collective voices because you are what determines who gets to the White House, and that is a powerful responsibility you have, I want to continue the progress of the Clinton and Gore Administrations and together we will do it, and I need your help so please join us!

Closing Statement

I would like to thank St. Anslem for hosting this debate and ABC News and the great Charlie Gibson, tonight we all heard a variety of idea's and I think that is a good thing for America and Democracy as a whole. But we need someone on that debate stage against the Republican nominee ready to fight for our dedicated American values, and I believe that candidate is me.

My record shows you what I've done, but it doesn't tell you why I've done it. For the past 30 years, I have been in public service, the service part has always come easier than the public part. That's because I have spent my life dedicated to the American people in public and not in the public eye. My work has been for people.

That is why my slogan is "It's Your Time" because it is your time, your time to get a quality affordable education, your time to get access to quality healthcare! Your time to ensure you don't leave your kids worse than you are right now. It is your time to make a difference, and we will do that together.

Thank you and may God bless you!
RGM2609
« Reply #272 on: July 01, 2020, 03:27:35 PM »

Opening statement - Well, let me just thank our great moderator and the St. Anslem College for hosting us tonight and the American people for watching. 2008 can be the year of America. It can be the year in which we lift each other up. The year in which all of us come together and say - the American dream needs to be restored. The year in which the Democratic Party can restore its status of the party of the working Americans and protect them from the ravaging extremism of the GOP. Or we can just nominate another establishment hack. This is the choice that we are facing right now, and I want to make it clear tonight. I also want to thank my good friend, Governor Brian Schweitzer, for his courage in fighting for the working class against the billionaires, lobbyists and corporations. We might have had differences on certain policies, but I respect him deeply and if I win, he will certainly have a place in my Administration if I win. I also want to tell him this - Brian, I am here to continue your fight. I will fight for Universal Healthcare, for repealing NAFTA, for helping farmers, for restoring fairness to the tax code and the political system. My fellow Americans, these are the things I will fight for as President, and I hope that in January and the following months, you will choose to support me. It would be an honor to have your support and I will continue to fight for it. Thank you.

Personal question - First of all I would like to thank Barbara Lee as well. She has been an amazing warrior for American families and despite my disagreements with her during this primary season, I still wish her the best and she will have a place in my Administration. Now, I would characterize my views as common sense views, not strongly liberal or any other ideology, even as I am deeply progressive. Because it is pure common sense for a country to offer universal healthcare to its people, especially the greatest country on Earth, when every other major country does it. It is pure common sense for the billionaires to pay more than the worker, not less. Why would it be the other way around? It is pure common sense for the government to do something when millions of people do not have a home, or the means to put food on their tables. Since when is that something radical? Well, the reason for which these views are treated like anarcho-communism by many in the media is that the billionaires and corporations feel threatened about them and are decided to stop them. If you would ask a Republican why does he or she oppose Universal Healthcare, they would always say we can not afford it, while we keep troops in Uganda or voice concern for the profits of the drug companies. That is absurd, and I am fighting for common sense and for the right of every American to a decent life. That is what I believe, and that is what many Americans believe.

Closing statement - Today, you have heard me and my opponents stating our different ideas to ensure the well-being of our working people and of America as a whole. Or at least you were supposed to. Because we have no idea what my opponents would do if they were elected. On the debate stage, were they have the chance to tell you what their plans are, they do nothing but repeat platitudes tested in focus groups instead of speaking their mind. My campaign and I have always been clear about my plans for our country because we have a clear vision which involves a fairer country in which working people get their dignity and voice back from Washington, and we will continue to be clear about what we are fighting for. If you believe that there is nothing radical about universal healthcare or about repealing and replacing NAFTA or about helping our farmers against multinational companies, join us today. Thank you, God Bless you and God Bless the USA.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #273 on: July 01, 2020, 04:53:08 PM »

Unfortunately, Bobby Jindal has suspended his campaign for President of the United States.

(personal stuff going on irl, thank you for making this game, sorry I didn't have any time)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #274 on: July 01, 2020, 04:55:36 PM »

Unfortunately, Bobby Jindal has suspended his campaign for President of the United States.

(personal stuff going on irl, thank you for making this game, sorry I didn't have any time)

You're good, man.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies