Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:23:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 17736 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: June 18, 2020, 07:01:34 AM »

Election Update 2008
with your host, Tom Brokaw

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight is marked by the dropout of Senator Barack Obama, as well as his endorsement of Congresswoman Barbara Lee.

Brokaw: And now, of course, for our special guest tonight, businessman Donald Trump from New York. Mr. Trump, how are you tonight?

Trump: I'm good, Tom. Glad to be here.

Brokaw: And we're glad to have you, as well. Now then, for most of your adult life, you’ve been a name synonymous with wealth and success. How much do you think this image plays into your strong showing for an independent presidential candidate?

Trump: Well, Tom, people know me because for the past 20 or so years, I've built a real estate empire from practically nothing. It all started when my father gave me a loan of a million dollars, which is small when you look to how much I'm worth now, and from there, I began to build the Trump empire. I went out there and bought a great deal of failed estates and hotels and rebuilt them, such as Mar-a-Lago and Trump Tower. People have seen that I have been able to get the job done by working hard and making tough choices that politicians most likely will never make because they haven't run a business first hand, much less one like mine. I'll rebuild the economy and because of that, the people have faith in me.

Brokaw: A long history of success in business and real estate. Now then, Constitution Party Chairman Jim Clymer has stated that his desire is for the party to not nominate a candidate and instead endorse your bid. Would you accept such an endorsement, and why or why not?

Trump: I'd be happy to accept Jim's endorsement and have a fusion between the Constitution Party and my Independent Campaign in the states that I have the best chance of taking next November. Even better if the Party has a whole gives me their full support and requests their voters to support me instead. Make no mistake, I am running my own Third Party Campaign as an Independent with General Flynn, but I will not turn down the endorsement and support of anyone willing to do so. I also say this : Everyone has a choice. I want Jim to hold a party wide referendum on this before he makes anything official, otherwise, I won't accept it.

Brokaw: Let the will of the people be heard, even in party politics. Now then, assuming you do win the Presidency next year, what would you first 100 days be like?

Trump: It's quite simple, really. First, I'd tear up the free trade agreements that have stolen jobs across this great country and begin to make new ones while also begin to promote the American Small Business that is the backbone of our economy by updating and reforming the Small Business Administration, because it hasn't been touched in years. As I'm focused on the Economy, I'll also put pressure to increase border security, making it harder for illegals to cross the border and steal the jobs of legal American citizens and work to improve our crumbling infrastructure because you go around and you see bridges on the verge of collapse and roads filled with potholes, it's embarrassing. As to foreign policy, we'll bring back the ideas of Teddy Roosevelt. The words 'Speak Softly and carry a Big Stick' will hold a new meaning once I'm in charge as no human-rights abusing tyrant will be able to get off free without answering to a strike from the mighty hand of freedom known as the United States Air Force. America First is the creedo of my campaign, it is the creedo for Flynn, it is the creedo for everyone who supports me, and my first 100 days, to sum it all up for you, will be America First!

Brokaw: Economic revival on the horizon for America under a Trump administration. Finally, Mr. Trump, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

Trump: I'd say this: The establishment doesn't like me. I think it's clear because I speak my mind whereas they'd prefer if I give scripted speeches and empty promises that people have seen over, and over, and over again. When was the last time a person running for President was truly honest? Perot? The establishment went after him. Ford? He wasn't a media darling at all. What about good ol' Grover Cleveland? Well, 1884 was a very messy election. To put it simply, the media and the establishment don't like honest people running for President as its bad for their business. I'm not in it for politics or business, I'm in it for the American people and I'd rather take the full front of every slander than see a single American citizen harmed for agreeing with my views.

Brokaw: Mr. Trump, always a pleasure to have you on.

Trump: Always one to be here, Tom.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. Tune in Saturday when we will interview Congresswoman Barbara Lee.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2020, 09:45:52 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius Releases Statement Regarding Sen Obama

"I want to thank Senator Obama for running this year, and I personally think his voice is important to the conversation Democrats are having this year. As a fellow Midwesterner, I know our region is crucial for us to win the White House, and I will take up the mantle of representing and advocating for the Midwest as the race goes on. We can't lose focus on what this race is all about. It's about building a better America for people in every single region or demographic, whether urban or rural, Midwest or Northeast or South, black or white, Democrat or Republican."
RGM2609
« Reply #202 on: June 18, 2020, 09:50:42 AM »

Russ Feingold ad - Two sides of the same coin, airing in all of Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and Michigan

Narrator - Hillary and Barbara claim to be different from one another, and accuse each other of hypocrisy and being part of the DC swamp. But are they really different? While Hillary was having meetings to cut backroom deals with Senators Daschle and Lincoln, Barbara was calling her out. But when Barbara was suddenly endorsed by Senator Obama, she certainly did not do the exact same thing as Hillary, did she? The reality is that they both would do anything to be President, and represent the same old Washington swamp that has been robbing working families for years. And no matter their charades, they are 2 sides of the same coin.

Russ - I am Russ Feingold, I approve this message, and let us make a progressive choice for the future of America.
RGM2609
« Reply #203 on: June 18, 2020, 10:06:05 AM »

Feingold pledges that his running mate will not be another white man, in statement at IA rally.

Here is what he had to say -

Look, I know that there is a clear bias in politics. White men, such as myself, are privileged, and more likely to succeed. There is no point in sugarcoating this. That is wrong, and that must end. If I am fortunate enough to be granted the honor of my life and be elected as the Democratic Nominee, I guarantee you that my running mate will not be another white man like me. My campaign is all about bold, progressive choices, and this one is a must to break once and for all the unfairness of the American political system.
RGM2609
« Reply #204 on: June 18, 2020, 10:13:36 AM »

Russ Feingold pledges to reform the immigration system in statement at rally in Nevada

During a speech made in Nevada Russ promised to pass through Congress a plan built to improve our immigration system and bring people out of the shadows. Here is how he will do that -

1. Fix the dysfunctional immigration bureaucracy and increase the number of legal immigrants to keep families together and meet the demand for jobs that employers cannot fill.

2. Create a system that allows undocumented immigrants who are in good standing to pay a fine, learn English, and go to the back of the line for the opportunity to become citizens.

3. Work to do more to promote economic development in Mexico to decrease illegal immigration.

RGM2609
« Reply #205 on: June 18, 2020, 10:21:05 AM »

Feingold attacks Clinton, Lee for not signing pledge to Repeal-and-Replace NAFTA

Here is what he had to say -

NAFTA is one of the worst things to have happened to this country. It devastated entire states, killed off millions of jobs and destroyed lives. Many of my fellow candidates promised to renegotiate it. However, I am the only one who signed a pledge to Repeal-and-Replace NAFTA. Hillary Clinton was a fanatical supporter in the 1990s and would keep it for sure, and Barbara Lee, for all of her progressive charade, refused to sign this pledge. If she does it now, it would only be because of the public pressure. Both of them clearly do not have your best interests in mind and would keep this murderous trade deal in place if they are elected, because that is what the establishment wants.
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #206 on: June 18, 2020, 11:43:31 AM »
« Edited: June 18, 2020, 11:46:41 AM by zoz »

RON PAUL OCTOBER SCHEDULE

October 1: Meet New Hampshire GOP Leaders in Concord, NH
                 Make phone calls with supporters in Concord, NH

October 2: Town Hall in Nashua, NH
                 Meet local business owners in Nashua, NH

October 3: Campaign Office Opening in Manchester, NH
                 Rally in Manchester, NH

October 4: Debate Prep

October 5: Town Hall in Phoenix, AZ
                 Rally in Mesa, AZ

October 6: Campaign Office Opening in Los Angeles, CA
                 Fundraiser in Anaheim, CA

October 7: Town Hall in Sacramento, CA
                 Make phone calls with supporters in Reno, NV
                 Rally in Carson City, NV

October 8: Town Hall in Yerington, NV
                 Town Hall in Winnemucca, NV

October 9: Rally in Marshalltown, IA
                 Rally in Ottumwa, IA
                 Rally in Osceola, IA

October 10: Town Hall in Council Bluffs, IA
                   Rally in Sergeant Bluff, IA
                   Town Hall in Sioux Falls, SD

October 11: Rally in St. Cloud, MN
                  Town Hall in St. Paul, MN
                  Town Hall in Mason City, MN

October 12: Rally in Pueblo, CO
                   Rally in Colorado Springs, CO
                   Rally in Aurora, CO

October 13: Rally in Haverhill, MA
                   Town Hall in Dover, NH
                   Rally in Saco, ME

October 14: Parade with supporters through downtown Portland, ME
                   Town Hall in Brunswick, ME

October 15: Town Hall in Rumford, ME
                   Rally in Lancaster, NH
                   Town Hall in Newport, VT

October 16-19: Return Home

October 20: Rally in College Station, TX
                   Rally in Waco, TX
                   Rally in Fort Worth, TX

October 21: Rally in Lawton, OK
                   Rally in Norman, OK
                   Rally in Broken Arrow, OK

October 22: Rally in Boise, ID
                   Rally in Idaho Falls, ID
                   Rally in Elko, NV

October 23: Town Hall in Fernley, NV
                   Rally/Fundraiser in Sparks, NV

October 24: Rally in Helena, MT
                   Rally in Bozeman, MT
                   Rally in Billings, MT

October 25: Rally in Bismarck, ND
                   Rally in Fargo, ND
                   Rally in Grand Forks, ND

October 26: Rally in San Francisco, CA
                   Rally in San Jose, CA
                   Rally in Oakland, CA
                   Town Hall in Stockton, CA

October 27: Rally/Fundraiser in Henderson, NV
                   Rally in Prescott, AZ
                   Rally in Tempe, AZ

October 28: Campaign Office Opening in Burlington, VT
                   Rally in Montpelier, VT
                   Town Hall in Middlebury, VT

October 29: Rally in Springfield, MA
                   Rally in Worcester, MA
                   Rally in Boston, MA

October 30: Town Hall in Machias, ME
                   Rally in Ellsworth, ME
                   Rally in Bangor, ME
                   Rally in Waterville, ME

October 31: Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
                   Rally in Hampton, NH
                   Halloween celebrations in Dover, NH

As the autumn season grows on, so does the support for Ron Paul and his campaign. More campaign offices have been opened, rallies and townhalls are packed, and grassroots activism and person-to-person campaigning has begun in earnest. The Paul campaign is excited about their prospects, with the first voting just weeks away.

adamevans
United States

« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2020, 12:18:57 PM »

Ernie Fletcher for President:
Let's rebuild the American dream!

Campaign Strategy: The Opening Phase

As Governor Fletcher launches his Presidential campaign, he intends to begin building the groundwork for his campaign strategy in the first four early states (the campaign's priorities): Michigan, Iowa, Wyoming and New Hampshire. The Governor's campaign would begin formulating the campaign's central message as he defines himself to a national audience. Prior to his launch, Ernie Fletcher focused on defining himself as a staunch social conservative with Reaganite principles; as Fletcher opens the campaign, his campaign is focusing on building an image of Governor Fletcher as a 'get it done' conservative leader who 'doesn't give the Washington talk.' The campaign would also stress the Governor's credentials early on as a successful governor with a record of job growth and balanced budgets, contrasting it with the record of Al Gore and the Democratic Party, who he routinely blamed for recent economic slow-down, rising gas prices, as well as a 'fading societal moral fabric.'

The Governor's campaign would highlight his stern commitment to social issues, such as traditional marriage, the sanctity of life and an amendment prohibiting flag desecration, but he would also strike a more 'compassionate conservative' tone on economic issues, opting to propose expanding the child tax credit and earned income tax credit. The Governor would cite his religious upbringing as reason for his hardline socially conservative tone, as opposed to 'political expediency' which he criticized as a 'major problem in our political system.' His exceptional past as a religious leader would be used to make a key demographic appeal to evangelical voters, which could bear high fruit in the Iowa Caucus.

The Governor would stress his belief on foreign policy issues as 'American Exceptionalism,' similar to John McCain. He would tout his military record frequently as credentials for foreign policy experience. The former supporters of the Arizona Senator have become a key demographic target for the Fletcher campaign, as the Governor attempts to make a bid for states like New Hampshire and Nevada where McCain led. Economic and foreign policy issues would be the main focal points of agreement between Governor Fletcher and Senator McCain, and these would be used as the means to win over former McCain supporters. As well, Fletcher's campaign aims to position the Governor as a candidate with party-wide appeal, while being willing to take stances that excite all areas of the party. Governor Fletcher would push himself as the candidate best suited to take on the Democratic nominee, proven by his electoral chops in a state that voted for Bill Clinton twice.

The Governor's campaign would prioritize building campaign infrastructure in the first four early states. The Governor believes these states are his best past to victory, each containing the demographics that Governor Fletcher and his campaign believe he appeals best to. While the Governor believes he has broad appeal, he would specifically target rural, religious, older voters as Fletcher believes he can make a personal connection with voters of that nature. With the Governor surging in many early states as his message grows and meets broader swaths of the electorate, Fletcher believes he can capitalize on his sudden surge with this campaign strategy.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #208 on: June 18, 2020, 12:19:34 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2020, 01:17:21 PM by adamevans »

Source Hyperlinked

Ernie Fletcher slams 'intrusive' EPA: "Let's start protecting our energy industry."

Excerpt

Here in the heart of coal country, Eastern Kentucky, we're known as the energy capital of America, but people here understand as well as anyone that the high price of oil and gas today is causing great harm all across our economy. People are hurting, small farmers, truckers, and taxi drivers unable to cover their costs, small business owners struggling to meet payroll, the cost of living rising and the value of paychecks falling. All of this, in large part, because the price of oil is too high, and the supply of oil too uncertain. These citizens believe their government has a duty to finally assure the energy security of this country, and they are right.

The price of a gallon of gas is rising rapidly thanks to Al Gore and the EPA's intrusive regulations. That may come as good news in Moscow, Riyadh, or Caracas, where economic growth and rising oil prices are more or less the same thing. But their oil prosperity is our energy vulnerability. And the jobs, family budgets, and futures of the American people should not depend on the whims of foreign powers. Oil and gasoline are the most vital of all commodities in a modern economy. Their price affects the cost of things even more basic and essential. America's dependence on foreign oil is a matter of large and far-reaching consequences, none of them good.

Whoever controls oil controls much more than oil. And in our time, much of the world's oil supply is controlled by states, regimes, and a cartel for which America's well being is not exactly a priority. Many occupy a violent part of the world, a region all the more violent for the influence of oil wealth. Their opinion of America runs the full spectrum from indifference to hatred. And yet these regimes are today the masters of the oil market. Somehow the United States, in so many ways the most self-reliant of nations, has allowed and at times even encouraged this state of affairs. This was a troubling situation 35 years ago. It was an alarming situation twenty years ago. It is a dangerous situation today. And starting in the term of the next president, we must take control over our own energy future, and become once again the master of our fate.

The next president must be willing to break with the energy policies not just of the current Administration, but the administrations that preceded it, and lead a great national campaign to achieve energy security for America. So in the days ahead I plan to return to the subject in a series of discussions to explain my reform agenda. And I will set forth a strategy to free America once and for all from our strategic dependence on foreign oil. Energy policy has enormous implications for America's economic security, our environmental security, and, above all, our national security. Each one of these challenges demands our concentrated consideration. As in other challenges that confront our nation, we must shape events, and not simply manage crises. We must steer far clear of the errors and false assumptions that have marked the energy policies of nearly twenty Congresses and seven presidents. There are dangers in the long term and dangers in the short term. Some tasks will be the work of decades, and some the work of years. And they all will begin in the term of the next president.

Lindsey Graham endorses Ernie Fletcher: "The best shot to win in November."

Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who had previously publicly said the Ernie Fletcher should consider a Presidential campaign, today officially endorsed Governor Fletcher joining him for a stump speech. He cited his 'tough' record as Governor 'taking on spending, cutting taxes' and expressed his belief that Governor Fletcher's record and credentials 'is the best way we can take on the Democratic Party.' Read an excerpt here:

"Governor Fletcher is a man of decency and honor, but he's also a man of deep conviction. I have deep personal belief in the Governor that not only would he be an amazing President, he would be the best candidate to take on Hillary Clinton in November. Contrast his record of success as Governor with the failed economic policies of President Al Gore, and you've got a message that resonates with a lot of ordinary people who are tired of the failures of big government. He's also got a message that resonates with a lot of people tired with the normal Washington speak. None of his positions come from political expediency, they come from deep conviction and personal upbringing. I have no doubt he'll walk the walk when push comes to shove if he's elected President, and that's a trait you can't find in many politicians."

Press Release: Governor Fletcher rolls out initial endorsements

As Governor Fletcher launches the campaign, we're proud to announce many of our day-one supporters from several Congressmen, Governors and organizations who truly believes in the Kentucky Governor's message of a return to small government. From Congressman Jeff Lamberti, he endorsed Governor Fletcher describing him as a 'compassionate leader for conservative values,' citing his 'personal convictions and religious upbringing' as reason to believe 'he'll actually do what he says, unlike other politicians.' Governor Jeb Bush endorsed the Governor, calling him 'an astounding Governor, who I've had the honor of working with.' He said of the Kentucky Governor's record that he's 'turned Kentucky around, shown conservative principles work,' explaining that 'if anyone's gonna turn around Al Gore's economy, it's Governor Fletcher.' In a press release from National Right to Life, they, too, endorsed Ernie Fletcher, explaining that 'the personal conviction Governor Fletcher holds for the right to life, is more powerful than any other candidate this cycle who says they're pro-life. We're proud to endorse him.'

Governor Fletcher also won the influential endorsements of Senator John Sununu and Senator Lindsey Graham, both from states early in the primary process. From Senator John Sununu, he cited the Governor's 'tireless work as Governor, working with Democratic legislatures, and proving that cutting taxes can undo deficits.' Senator Graham cited the Governor's 'tough' record as Kentucky Governor on wasteful spending, proving he 'has the know-how to fix up the mess in Washington.' He expressed his belief that the Governor's credentials 'seriously contrast with the current state of President Al Gore's economy' and his upbringing 'resonates with many people disaffected by America's social policy unlike many else.' The Governor's campaign is honored to receive these day-one endorsements, and can't wait to expand Governor Fletcher's message to other people as we win over more and more voters across the country.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2020, 01:16:17 PM »

Source Hyperlinked

Ernie's Responses

Opening Statement.

Thank you, Brian, and let me express my gratitude in being able to participate in this debate. We are at a moment of reckoning point for the future of American politics; who we elect next November really matters for the future of our country. Our economy is slowing down, our social fabric is tearing apart, the cost of the pump is rising, and America is less safe than it was 16 years ago. Elections come and go, but the consequences of the people we elect never do. We have seen unelected judges attempt to redefine marriage, cutbacks on national defense, the President ignoring the threat of a nuclear weapon, growing and overbearing regulations from the Federal government. This is our moment to stand up to Washington, and tell the federal Government firmly, at the ballot box, to get off our backs.

We, Republicans, know the principles which will end this crisis: less taxes and regulations, strong families, strengthened national defense, and cutbacks to the ridiculous amount of waste and spending exhibited by our Federal government. I'm running for President because friends, family, patriotic Americans, across the country asked me to run. They've seen the turnaround record we made in Kentucky when we reversed the state's billion dollar deficit, cut taxes for everyone, and made one of the best job growth records in the country. If I'm elected President, we will undo the harmful taxes and regulations by this President, we'll restore our nation's moral foundings and protect the sanctity of marriage and life. We'll rein in the big spenders on capitol hill, and we will rebuild the might of the American economy. Folks, it's our government, we just have to take it back.

For Governor Fletcher: Despite placing yourself firmly in the conservative camp of this primary, you’ve been endorsed by former moderate frontrunner John McCain. What do you believe this says about your partywide appeal?

Senator John McCain was an honorable man who honestly believed in what he talked about, and I pray that him and his family stay strong through these trying times. But, as for the question, we've built a message that really resonates with all parts of our great party. Senator John McCain knows as good as anyone else we must return to the principles of Ronald Reagan. We must elect someone with real, honest belief in the issues they believe as opposed to political expediency. These convictions I hold come well before I entered politics. It was through my church ministry that I found my way into politics when they recruited me to the local county Republican Party. These strong beliefs in the sanctity of marriage, the sanctity of life, and small government, they come from my upbringings in a traditional household.

We need people in politics who don't just care about what a focus group says. They don't take their positions based on their chances of getting elected. We need a President who won't just say one thing and do another or change their beliefs because of an election. If we're going to win in November, we need someone who's going to be upfront with the challenges we face. We need someone who will contrast with the record of President Al Gore. We need someone who's going to win Independents and even some of the Democrats because they see that promise of success through hard work slipping away in today's America. That's how we take back this nation from the big government politics of Al Gore.

Closing Statement.

Folks, each election is a choice, but the duties we face this election call us to service. As Ronald Reagan once said, that "Freedom is never one generation away from extinction." Ladies and gentleman, we are all called today to embrace what is our constant civic duty. We are called to protect the American dream, cut back the overbearing role of the Federal government, eliminate the wasteful spending in Washington, and make America and the world a safer place to live. We haven't gotten that in the past sixteen years. It's only gotten worse. As President, I will undo the countless regulations implemented by our Federal government which is holding down our economy. I'll cut taxes significantly, and I'll work with Congress to ratify an amendment protecting the sanctity of marriage, and allow the American people in the states to decide their own future, not unelected judges.

The values which build America are at siege: economic liberty, family values, a strong and capable miltary. I'll rebuild that. I'll reinvest in our nation's national defense, and I'll protect America's families. Together, we will once again be that shining city on the hill where any hard-working American can hope to build wealth, fortune and success and pass that down to their children. We'll pay back down our debt, so that our children and grandchildren don't have to be burdened with the immense responsibility of paying their parents irresponsible spending. This election, we have the opportunity to make that happen, and if you believe we must, well then, I ask for your vote.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2020, 04:10:51 PM »

PHASE II, TURN I: NOVEMBER 2007

And so we enter the phase just ahead of the opening primaries: the final months of 2007. On the Democratic side, Senator Hillary Clinton still leads the pack, but Congresswoman Barbara Lee continues to rise in the polls, giving the former First Lady the greatest challenge she's faced during this campaign. On the Republican side, Governor Ernie Fletcher and Senator George Allen are duking it out in their respective bids to win over the conservative wing of the party, with Governor Fletcher also attempting to fend off the ascendant Congressman Ron Paul, whose appeal among libertarians is growing at a staggering rate.

Among the more minor candidates (as of yet), Senator Russ Feingold and Governors Kathleen Sebelius and Brian Schweitzer are making plenty of noise for themselves, with some believing any of them could possibly find an angle to place themselves in the top tier of candidates. Meanwhile, on the Republican side, Congressman Paul now finds himself in double digits nationwide, behind only the top two and Governor Bobby Jindal, whose recent endorsement in Florida has made him a significant factor in the new early state. Congresswoman Melissa Hart has also launched a latecoming bid for the White House, and one that raises the interesting possibility: could both parties nominate women for the first time this year?

Finally, independent Donald Trump continues to find appeal among conservative, populist, and protectionist voters, with the United States Constitution Party holding a referendum among its members over whether or not they should simply not run a candidate and endorse Trump. When the votes were tallies, endorsing Trump had received more than 80% of the vote. Pastor Chuck Baldwin, long believed to be the most likely 2008 nominee, stated that he voted to endorse Trump because "we need a President who will fight for the everyday American and against large corporations' efforts to put millions out of work here so they can pay people a nickel a day overseas." Both Baldwin and Party Chairman Jim Clymer plan to campaign heavily for Trump over the next year.

EARLY STATE POLLS, 29-31 OCT 2007

IOWA

Hillary Clinton - 26%
Barbara Lee - 21%
Russ Feingold - 12%
Brian Schweitzer - 11%
Kathleen Sebelius - 9%
Joe Lieberman - 2%
Sam Nunn - 0%
Mike Gravel - 0%

Ernie Fletcher - 28%
George Allen – 23%
Bobby Jindal – 12%
Ron Paul – 12%
Melissa Hart – 5%
George Pataki - 3%
Mitt Romney – 2%
Michael Bloomberg - 1%
Colin Powell – 1%

NEW HAMPSHIRE
Hillary Clinton - 27%
Barbara Lee – 17%
Russ Feingold - 10%
Brian Schweitzer - 8%
Kathleen Sebelius - 7%
Joe Lieberman - 5%
Sam Nunn - 0%
Mike Gravel - 0%

Ernie Fletcher - 25%
George Allen – 22%
Ron Paul – 14%
Bobby Jindal – 10%
Melissa Hart – 4%
George Pataki - 4%
Mitt Romney – 3%
Colin Powell – 2%
Michael Bloomberg - 1%

NEVADA
Barbara Lee - 22%
Hillary Clinton - 21%
Russ Feingold - 14%
Brian Schweitzer - 9%
Kathleen Sebelius - 5%
Joe Lieberman - 2%
Sam Nunn - 0%
Mike Gravel - 0%

Ernie Fletcher - 26%
George Allen – 23%
Ron Paul – 15%
Bobby Jindal – 8%
Melissa Hart – 3%
George Pataki - 3%
Mitt Romney – 2%
Colin Powell – 1%
Michael Bloomberg - 1%

SOUTH CAROLINA
Barbara Lee - 33%
Hillary Clinton - 23%
Brian Schweitzer - 7%
Russ Feingold - 6%
Kathleen Sebelius - 4%
Joe Lieberman - 2%
Sam Nunn - 0%
Mike Gravel - 0%

George Allen – 30%
Ernie Fletcher - 22%
Bobby Jindal – 13%
Ron Paul – 8%
Melissa Hart – 5%
George Pataki - 2%
Mitt Romney – 2%
Colin Powell – 1%
Michael Bloomberg - 1%

MICHIGAN
Hillary Clinton - 25%
Barbara Lee - 21%
Russ Feingold - 14%
Brian Schweitzer - 7%
Kathleen Sebelius - 5%
Joe Lieberman - 2%
Sam Nunn - 0%
Mike Gravel - 0%

Ernie Fletcher - 29%
George Allen – 22%
Bobby Jindal – 14%
Ron Paul – 9%
Melissa Hart – 6%
George Pataki - 3%
Mitt Romney – 2%
Colin Powell – 1%
Michael Bloomberg - 1%

FLORIDA
Barbara Lee – 28%
Hillary Clinton - 25%
Russ Feingold - 8%
Brian Schweitzer - 5%
Kathleen Sebelius - 5%
Joe Lieberman - 2%
Sam Nunn - 0%
Mike Gravel - 0%

George Allen – 26%
Ernie Fletcher - 22%
Bobby Jindal – 16%
Ron Paul – 9%
Melissa Hart – 5%
George Pataki - 3%
Mitt Romney – 2%
Colin Powell – 1%
Michael Bloomberg - 1%
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2020, 08:10:00 PM »

RON PAUL DEBATE ANSWERS

Opening Statement:Well, hello Brian, thank you for hosting this debate and thank you to the Reagan Library for having us here. As Brian said, my name is Ron Paul, I’m a congressman from the great state of Texas, and I am running for president of the United States for one reason, and one reason only: To get government out of your damn business, and to allow you to live and make decisions without Uncle Sam breathing down your neck all the time. In the past sixteen years, the failed leadership of the Democrats and establishment Republicans has bloated our bureaucracy, swollen our debt, and eroded our rights and individual liberties. If we, as Republicans, want to win this election, we need to nominate someone who does not mirror the president in this way or that, or want to simply modify some of his programs. We need a nominee who offers a radically different approach, one that was intended by our Founders, one that has been shown to work, and one that will appeal to people of all stripes, and combine them into a winning coalition.
In my years in Congress, I have always held the same unwavering beliefs as I do today. I opposed un-Constitutional gun control, I opposed globalists who tried to put the US under international court jurisdiction, I always spoke out against faulty budgets and wasteful spending, and I am pro-life from my years of delivering babies as a doctor. If it’s a principled, solid candidate you want to lead the charge against Bill Clinton’s fifth term, then I’m your guy.

Despite only being a U.S. Representative, you’ve catapulted yourself to double digits in the primaries. How do you intend to continue this trend?

You want to know the reason we are in the double-digits and growing? It’s because we have a winning and appealing message that is making people stand up and say, “no more, we’ve had enough.” People are tired of the way this country is going. They’re tired of the debt, the stagnant Washington establishment, and the excessive legislating of every aspect of their lives. People just want to be able to do their thing, start a business, make their own decisions without a nanny state telling them what to do.

As for continuing this growth, we will keep doing what we’ve been doing all along. Our campaign has been to all fifty states and Washington DC, I don’t think any other campaign can claim that. We’ve held probably hundreds of events by now, going right out to the people, especially in areas that politicians ignore or even forget exist. Our campaign has one of the biggest grassroots, volunteer organized activist campaigns of anyone running, and it’s funded by ordinary people, most of whom have never donated to a campaign before. I like to say this is a campaign of, by and for the people, because in all honesty, it really is.

Closing Statement: I certainly hope I’ve made it clear what we need to do to win this election, whether it be something I said up here, or the way this campaign has been organized and growing. We have a real shot to win the White House for the first time since 1992, so let’s not blow it on the same old, same old. Let’s offer the American electorate a real choice this time; a concrete, definitive option that they can look at and say, “Finally!” My campaign, our campaign is that option. We are reaching out and appealing to all kinds of folks. Republicans, Libertarians, Independents and people who have never cared about politics, are flocking to our campaign. This is the winning recipe. Our nominee must be able to win this election and deliver on the mandate they have been given. Folks, this is an incredible opportunity, so let us do something incredible. Thank you.

RGM2609
« Reply #212 on: June 19, 2020, 06:21:52 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2020, 08:16:18 AM by RGM2609 »

Russ Feingold ad - Who is who?, airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and Michigan

Narrator - Hillary Clinton and Barbara Lee. Or is it Hillary Lee? Or Barbara Clinton? Or Clinton Lee?

Hillary and her wealthy establishment donors tried to make her the queen of the Democratic Party, by cutting backroom deals and buying support from incumbent Senators. And when she did that, Barbara Lee was loudly criticizing her for trying to steal the primary. However, when the opportunity stroke, what do you think Barbara did? Yes, the exact same thing! She could not have passed on the opportunity of being elected President, even if that meant cutting the kind of backroom deals that she said were wrong. And who do you think was criticizing her for this? That is right, Hillary! The only real question now is - is it Hillary Lee, or Barbara Clinton? But regardless of which one it is, behind them is the same DC establishment swamp. Russ Feingold would rather actually earn your vote than cozy up to party leaders.

Russ - I am Russ Feingold, I approve this message, and let us make a bold choice for the future of America.
RGM2609
« Reply #213 on: June 19, 2020, 08:23:37 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2020, 08:43:24 AM by RGM2609 »

Russ Feingold endorses equal pay for equal work

Russ Feingold acknowledged today the problems which are being faced by women in America, and promised to fix them. He promised to mandate equal pay for equal work, and close up the pay gap with smart governmental action. He also said that part of any tax reform effort would be a massive childcare tax credit, to help parents with the costs, and that he will expand paid sick leave. A priority for any Feingold Administration will be to grant real equality between women and men and fight sexism in all of its forms. This is why, if Russ is nominated, he will select a woman as his running mate, making history with the first female Vice Presidential nominee.
RGM2609
« Reply #214 on: June 19, 2020, 08:42:51 AM »

Russ Feingold promises to unleash a Second War on Poverty

In a speech given in Iowa, Russ Feingold seemed to promise another War on Poverty. He said that it is unacceptable for people to starve in the streets or struggle to pay bills for basic utilities, and that another War on Poverty is needed so America can be the first nation in the world to eradicate it. His campaign released a proposal, and according to it, the Second War on Poverty will consist of -

1. Expand access to jobs by helping Americans to grab a hold of and climb the job ladder, create a green jobs corps, improve transportation access to jobs and reduce crime recidivism by providing ex-offenders support.

2. Make work pay for all Americans by expanding the EITC, raise the federal minimum wage to $10 and provide tax relief for working Americans.

3. Strengthen families by promoting responsible fatherhood, supporting parents with young children and expand paid sick days.

4. Increase the supply of affordable housing by supporting affordable housing trust funds and fully funding the community development block grants.

5. Tackle concentrated poverty by establishing 20 Promise Neighborhoods, ensuring community-based investment resources in all urban communities and investing in rural areas.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #215 on: June 19, 2020, 11:28:21 AM »

CLINTON CAMPAIGN STRATEGY: PHASE II

As the campaign enters the final months before the primary season, the Clinton campaign has revealed it's new strategy for the next 2 months.

Senator Clinton will highlight her experience in almost every speech she gives and will highlight her middle-class upbringing in early states such as Iowa and New Hampshire. She will paint her opponents as inexperienced when it comes to foreign and domestic issues, she will call Congresswomen Lee unexperienced on the issues and Senator Feingold unrealistic when it comes to his policy plans.

They will also continue to expand on the new age of the internet, using platforms such as YouTube and their campaign website to keep supporters updated on the progress of the campaign. We will continue to expand on these platforms.

The campaign will also begin putting more of the campaign funds to Super Tuesday and beyond as a long road to the nomination seems more likely. President Bill Clinton will be on the trail for the Senator in the Southern States due to his strong favorability among African American voters.

The Senator will focus strongly on the early voting states in the following weeks and will continue to release digital ads, radio ads, and television ads to these states. The campaign is full speed to the White House

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #216 on: June 19, 2020, 11:42:11 AM »

NUNN ANNOUNCES WITHDRAWAL: ANNOUNCES CAMPAIGN FOR SENATOR

In a statement, following poor numbers in the polling, Sam Nunn announces his withdrawal and support of Senator Clinton, Sam Nunn announces Senate campaign at turning Georgia Democratic.

RGM2609
« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2020, 11:50:13 AM »

Feingold responds to the attacks of Hillary Clinton

In a town hall in Iowa, a voter asked Senator Feingold about the new attacks of Hillary Clinton towards his campaign. Here is what he said in response -

Well, I do not know what is so unrealistic about wanting to provide healthcare for all Americans, like every other developed country on Earth does. I do not know what is so unrealistic about wanting to tax the rich at a fair rate and relief the middle class. I do not know what is so unrealistic about wanting to lift millions of people out of poverty through smart governmental actions. But if being a realist politician means being a hypocrite or seeking the support of politicians rather than voters or backing every single disaster bill in the last 20 years or being a part of the DC establishment and a friend to the billionaires and lobbyists, count me in as a proud unrealistic politician!
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2020, 05:59:52 PM »

Bobby Jindal Debate Responses
Credit to CNN for the Photo

Opening Statement
Let me first say thank you to our moderators, and Semi Valley for hosting us here tonight in beautiful California. Today, I'm speaking to you as a father, a conservative, and a Governor. Now more than ever, we must work to defeat the far left socialism that is running rampant in our cities, and our states. If you look in Los Angeles, there's riots and gang violence, simply because our elected leaders cannot manage. I am running to be President, because I am sick and tired of seeing our society, and our country go to shambles, at the expense of Al Gore and his corrupt Democratic Party. We need a new Republican Party. With people from all backgrounds, black, white, brown, male, and female. We have to win this election, but if we don't have the right nominee, we won't. I can win a Presidential Election, because I have consistently defeated the odds, and have won. I'm proud to be standing on this stage as a First Generation Immigrant, but the difference between me and what President Gore thinks about immigrants is profound. My parents came her legally, and learned our language, our culture, and they assimilated, and because of it I am on this stage. Tonight, I ask that you listen to my plans, and together we can rebuild our country.
Question Answer
I definitely believe that our pathway to victory, and our pathway to taking our country back is through Florida. When Governor Crist endorsed me, I stood with him on that stage in Pensacola, and I want to quote him right here. "This country is built on work, not on handouts. This country is built on ideas. The person with the ideas, and the largest work ethic, is standing right next to me. Governor Bobby Jindal is ready to serve on Day One, because he has consistently taken control of f'ed up situations, and fixed em'." I think we're going to do fantastic in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Michigan, Wyoming, Florida, and beyond. We are the team that can unite both fed-up Democrats, and Republicans to take down this corrupt Democratic Establishment. There is no doubt in my mind that we're going to take down people like far left Barbara Lee, Hillary Clinton, and Joe Lieberman. So I'm asking everyone here to join our campaign, because I can win in these places like Florida in the primary, and onto the General Election.
Closing Statement
I want to thank the moderators, my fellow candidates, and the audience for listening to us debate here tonight. I believe that our country is in dire need of assistance. We have people running the streets without check from the police, Government Officials taking part in corruption with no punishment. The people of the United States are fed up. Other countries are fed up. We need a leader with dignity, someone who isn't afraid to go to the United Nations, and say that it will not happen anymore. We will not sell out our country, until other countries pay their fair share. We are going to completely restructure our country, and our Government, to ensure that every citizen in our country has a chance to open up a business, get an education, or even become President one day. We must strengthen our Free Market, and end useless Government Regulations. Only then, will we truly be the country that our Founding Fathers envisioned. Thank you.
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2020, 10:30:14 PM »

Hart For President Ad: Midwestern Roots
To Air in the following states:

"My name is Melissa Hart and I'm proud to be running for President as a Republican. I know not many people know about me, so let me tell you a little bit about me and where I come from. I come from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. I'm proud to have brought the Midwestern values instilled in me from my life in Pennsylvania to Washington."

Wikimedia Commons

"I've spent my time in Congress advocating for making sure the government preserves the American way of life by letting hard workers and small businessmen like the ones I grew up around drive the economy rather than government bureaucrats being financed at the taxpayer's expense. If you want a president who understands that is what it takes to help the economy grow, and will fight on everyday hard-working American's behalf, vote for me, Melissa Hart."

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2020, 08:33:50 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2020, 01:42:03 PM by Cabbage »

Morning Consult Democratic Primary Poll, 1-4 November 2007
Representative Barbara Lee - 24%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 22%
Senator Russ Feingold - 16%
Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 11%
Governor Brian Schweitzer - 10%
Vice President Joe Lieberman - 1%
Former Senator Mike Gravel - 1%

Morning Consult Republican Primary Poll, 1-4 November 2007
Representative Ron Paul - 35%
Governor Ernie Fletcher - 26%
Governor Bobby Jindal - 12%
Representative Melissa Hart - 6%
Governor George Pataki - 2%
Former Governor Mitt Romney – 1%
Mayor Michael Bloomberg - 1%
Former Defense Secretary Colin Powell – 1%

Who would you vote for in the 2008 general election?
Democratic Nominee - 40%
Republican Nominee - 39%
Mr. Donald Trump - 10%

Endorsements

Democrats

Barbara Lee
NAACP
Xavier Becerra, U.S. Representative from California's 31st District
Jim Clyburn, U.S. Representative from South Carolina’s 6th District
Barack Obama, U.S. Senator from Illinois
John Lewis, U.S. Representative for Georgia’s 5th District
Patty Judge, former Iowa Secretary of Agriculture
Gavin Newsom, Mayor of San Francisco
Barbara Boxer, U.S. Senator from California
Jennifer Granholm, Governor of Michigan

Hillary Clinton
Dianne Feinstein, U.S. Senator from California
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States
Frank Cownie, Mayor of Des Moines, Iowa
Planned Parenthood
Tom Daschle, U.S. Senator from South Dakota
Tom Harkin, U.S. Senator from Iowa
Leonard Boswell, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 3rd District
Kamala Harris, District Attorney for San Francisco
Chuck Schumer, U.S. Senator from New York
Blanche Lincoln, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Mark Pryor, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Ted Kennedy, U.S. Senator from Massachusetts
Oprah Winfrey, TV show host
Lou D’Allesandro, New Hampshire State Senator

Russ Feingold
Bruce Braley, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 1st District
Dick Clark, former U.S. Senator from Iowa
AFL-CIO, major labor union
John Lynch, Governor of New Hampshire

Kathleen Sebelius
Ben Nelson, U.S. Senator from Nebraska
Claire McCaskill, Governor of Missouri
Janet Napolitano, Governor of Arizona

Brian Schweitzer
Bernie Sanders, U.S. Senator from Vermont (Independent)
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa
Jeanne Shaheen, former Governor of New Hampshire
John Conyers, U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 14th District

Joe Lieberman
None

Mike Gravel
None

Republicans

Ron Paul
Walter B. Jones, U.S. Representative from North Carolina’s 3rd District
Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico
George Allen, U.S. Senator from Virginia
Chuck Grassley, U.S. Senator for Iowa
Adam Putnam, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 12th District
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
Mike Pence, U.S. Representative from Indiana’s 6th District
Tom Latham, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th District
Steve King, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 5th District
Chuck Norris, actor
Kid Rock, musician
Marco Rubio, Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives
Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
Nancy Reagan, former First Lady of the United States
Terry Branstad, former Governor of Iowa
Pat Buchanan, former White House Communications Director
Mark Sanford, Governor of South Carolina
Clint Eastwood, actor

Ernie Fletcher
Lindsey Graham, U.S. Senator for South Carolina
Jeff Lamberti, U.S. Representative for Iowa’s 3rd District
National Right to Life
John McCain, U.S. Senator from Arizona
John Sununu, U.S. Senator from New Hampshire
Jeb Bush, former Governor of Florida
George W. Bush, former Governor of Texas and 2000 presidential nominee
Jim Nussle, Governor of Iowa
Club for Growth

Bobby Jindal
Jim DeMint, U.S. Senator from South Carolina
Pete Hoekstra, U.S. Representative from Michigan's 2nd District
Charlie Crist, Governor of Florida
Barbara Cubin, U.S. Representative from Wyoming's at-large District

Melissa Hart
None

George Pataki
Charlie Bass, U.S. Representative for New Hampshire’s 2nd District
Jim Leach, U.S. Representative for Iowa’s 2nd District

Mitt Romney
None

Michael Bloomberg
Tom Corbett, Attorney General of Pennsylvania

Colin Powell
Susan Collins, U.S. Senator from Maine

Independents

Donald Trump
Jeff Sessions, U.S. Senator from Alabama (Republican)
Tim Allen, actor
United States Constitution Party
Paul E. Vallely, retired U.S. major general
Jimmy Duncan, U.S. Representative from Tennessee's 2nd District

Debate results and initial credits will be up later today, ahead of the second debates.

Candidates received all reserved endorsements they could afford; if you would prefer to save up for a bigger reserved endorsement that you mentioned earlier, please let me know. The following candidates have whole credits they can still use to get endorsements now:

Joe Liebeman: FREE + 2
Melissa Hart: FREE + 2
Mitt Romney: FREE + 2
Mike Gravel: FREE
Ron Paul: 5
Bobby Jindal: 3
Kathleen Sebelius: 1
Ernie Fletcher: 1
George Pataki: 1
Brian Schweitzer: 1
Barbara Lee: 1
RGM2609
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2020, 10:30:10 AM »

AFL CIO endorses Russ Feingold for President

AFL CIO released a statement today, endorsing Russ Feingold as the only voice for the workers of America, who will fight for their interests. With Russ Feingold, the working Americans will be listened to again by Washington and they will get affordable healthcare, tax relief and policies designed to reduce poverty. NAFTA will get repealed, saving millions of jobs, and billionaires will lose their grip over the political system, the statement also claims.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #222 on: June 20, 2020, 12:02:28 PM »

TRUMP/FLYNN 2008

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Campaign Schedule

November 1st-14th, 2007 : Campaign Season in California

With the Campaign Season for the Early Primaries nearing a close, Mr. Trump is astonished by the surge in support he has gotten with 10% in recent polls to 39% Republican support and 40% Democratic Support. Spending the first two weeks of November in California, Trump hammers home how the trade policies of the last two administrations have badly hurt the US Economy and that the Parties don't care for the people, only for themselves. He mainly focuses on how badly the cities of San Francisco and Los Angeles has been run for decades as an example but he offers a solution by stating he'll introduce programs that'll help develop the cities into safer and more well maintained areas while he'll also bring back jobs to US ports by reworking trade deals and help support the average worker and citizen by strengthening border and immigration enforcement. He holds at least three fundraisers in the state for his planned ad blitz come the Summer and Fall of 2008. On November 8th, during a rally in San Diego, he officially accepts the Endorsement of the United States Constitution Party.

Quote from: Donald Trump during a Rally in San Diego, November 8th, 2007
Wow, look at that crowd, look at that crowd. Huge, gigantic, even. I continue to go to rallies and I tell you, they only get bigger and bigger. More and more people are agreeing with the message of America First and that it's time to make this wonderful and beautiful country great again. One such organization has recognized that, being the United States Constitution Party, who has consistently stated interest in endorsing me, but I initially refused unless they held a party referendum on whether to support me or not, because I do things democratically instead of with backroom politics like Barbara Lee, Hillary Clinton, or Ron Paul, who is now the front-runner for the Republican Party after Senator Allen drops out despite being in the top two of the field and endorses him. I'm not saying that Ron is a bad guy, I'm just saying that what happened is mighty suspicious if you ask me. But back on the referendum, over 80% of the Party voted to support me. Over 80%, can you believe that? It's hard to get that many people to agree on anything nowadays, let alone way less than that. So, now I have no choice to say that I am honored to accept the endorsement and full support of the Constitution Party while running my own Independent Campaign with Flynn, Under me, I assure all of you, America will become Great Once Again!

November 15th-28th, 2007 : Campaign Season in Tennessee

Going into Tennessee to rally more Southern Support to his Cause, Trump mainly focuses on the urban parts of the states and tells them that the Parties have hurt them by sending jobs away and by increasing welfare for those who certainly don't need it. He instead states that as President, he'll create a job initiative program for youths of any ethnicity, gender, or orientation to become young entrepreneurs and go past the squalor their families unfortunately live in and improve their cities from that point onward. As for the rural communities, he states that they need support as well and offers programs to farmers willing to take it that'll allow them to get better technology and allow them to increase their yearly harvest while not giving jobs to illegal immigrants. He has two fundraisers in Nashville. On November 23rd, during a Rally in Knoxville, he receives the endorsement of U.S. Representative Jimmy Duncan. Mr. Trump took a short one day break to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Quote from: Donald Trump during a Rally in San Diego, November 23rd, 2007
Yet another gigantic crowd, wow, I truly am amazed at how many people are coming to support me. Just 11 months ago, I was standing in front of an admittedly large audience to announce my Candidacy for the Presidency and now, I'm nearing the necessary 15% line needed for a Candidate to appear on the Debate Stage in the General and believe me when I say we'll hit that long before it and we'll continue to go above and beyond it because our message rings through as the American people agrees with our message and understands our message and shall support us over the corrupt establishment that has ruled this great nation for decades. Today, I am proud to receive the endorsement of one man who understands this. He has been in the United States House of Representatives for just Twenty Years and has seen how corrupt and truly vile the Establishment can be. Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to introduce Jimmy Duncan Jr!

Quote from: Jimmy Duncan Jr.
Hello all of you out there supporting this great man standing before us today! You heard Mr. Trump correctly, folks, I am giving him my full endorsement for President of these United States! You may be asking yourselves why, but I'll tell you why plain and simple. The Republican Party, my party, has officially sold out to the establishment as they push for people who'll do the same cookie cutter policies to become their nominee and while Ron Paul may be pushing for change, Allen's Endorsement of him and how radical many of his policies are will cause the Party to come near the brink of collapse. Meanwhile, for the Democrats, it's to be expected : A battle of basically the same policies of the last two administrations with some different toppings with only Brian Schweitzer offering anything truly unique or radical to the table, but I think we all know the Establishment will simply push him aside for Lee or Clinton. And Clinton's push to have the party endorse the nominee whoever it may be shows how corrupt she is, as people have their own morals and their own minds and should be allowed to endorse whoever they like based on those. But I believe I've spent enough time speaking about the parties. I think I've made my message clear, the Parties is the establishment and the establishment only cares for itself. So, I believe it is time the American people rally around Donald Trump so the Establishment can be forced to recognize once and for all that the people are the ones that control the government!

November 29th-December 13th, 2007 : Campaign Season in Texas

When it comes to Texas, Donald Trump puts his full force on Immigration policy, knowing that'll be his bread and butter for the state considering that Texas has the longest border with Mexico and thus the most to lose from illegal immigration, such as illegal workers taking the jobs that could go to normal us citizens, the depressing of worker's wages due to it being more cost effective to recruit cheap labor, and the increase of drug use and crime due to illegal immigrants possibly bringing along Gang related activities. He hammers home that some illegal immigrants are bad and some are good and that the immigration platform he's running on will be focused on splitting the good from the bad and making it easier to apply for US Citizenship in the country. He also goes to several US Military bases and re-iterates his Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick attitude when it comes to Foreign Policy, stating that America will not put boots on the ground ever again unless it is absolutely necessary, instead the Air Force will take care of most military operations, along with the Navy. He goes to four fundraisers to raise cash for his campaign and holds a rally at Camp Mabry in Austin on December 8th, where he receives the endorsement of retired major general Paul E. Vallely.

Quote from: Donald Trump during a rally at Camp Mabry in Austin, Texas on December 8th, 2007
Wow, look at you all. Each and everyone of you are wonderful, truly. People call me brave for standing up for the establishment, but you people, you are the brave ones, putting your lives on the line to keep this great nation safe and ensure we stay free, as one nation, under god. In 2000 and in 2004, your choices were...limited, to say the least. In both elections, both major party nominees wanted to continue the military policies of the Reagan, Bush, and Clinton Administrations that saw a great deal of military conflicts and disasters. In 2004, it was better to vote Gore over the War Hawk Dick Cheney, anyone would find that reasonable. However, now you have someone who will truly put you over the interests of the Military Industrial Complex that President Eisenhower warned us about all those years ago. However, if you don't believe in the ideas that me and General Flynn are speaking about, then I am proud to receive the full endorsement of a man who holds my sympathies, the retired Major General Paul E. Vallely!

Quote from: Paul E. Vallely[/quote
I want to thank you all for your service and I want to tank you all again for coming out to support the man who stands before us here today. In the last fifteen years since I retired from the military, we have seen a spike in the United States being involved in foreign conflicts we have no business in or we are allowing human rights abuses to go unchecked. Over the past few months, I myself have been considering an Independent Bid to try and bring people over to my side and listen to me, but then out of nowhere, Mr. Trump and General Flynn begins to rise to prominence, getting as high as 10% in some recent national polling, though I've heard some polls have put him above the 15% mark. Under a Trump administration, he'll make sure that men like Saddam Hussein won't have their crimes unpunished while not unnecessarily risking the lives of American men by putting boots on the ground. He'll speak softly and carry a big stick, he'll make sure America is first, he'll keep America safe, but most importantly, he'll make it his goal that none of you die so you can go home and see your families. This is why I support Mr. Trump and why I believe that, deep down, all of you do too.

December 14th-December 23rd, 2007 : Campaign Season in Florida and New York

For those nine days, Mr. Trump mainly focused on Trade Policy, his America First Platform, and finally, his harsh stance on Cuba, knowing it'll certainly appeal to the Cuban community within Florida. His main goal in these states is to build up suitable bases of support to possibly win them come the general election. He also issues that he'll campaign for the renominations and re-elections of any politician who endorses him, knowing it could lead to a whole firestorm and possible backlash against them daring to stand against the Establishment. He does four fundraisers, two in Each state.

During December 24th-January 1st, he spends the time with his family, though he does send invites to every candidate for the New Year's Eve and New Year's Day Party he plans on hosting at Trump Tower to show a sign that despite their differences and disagreements, they, as Americans, can get along on a national holiday.

From January 2nd-January 3rd, Trump begins to campaign in Michigan with his plan to bring Jobs back with better Trade Deals and his plan to better life for workers by curbing illegal immigration while giving children entrepreneur schooling opportunities so they can better their communities. O the night of January 3rd, he watches the results of the Iowa Caucuses for both Parties and awaits for the winners and losers to be announced so he can give his thoughts on twitter.

As for his surrogates, Jeff Sessions focuses to campaign for Mr. Trump in Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and South Carolina while also fighting to keep his Senate bid alive against any potential opponents, Actor Tim Allen gives his reasoning as to why he's supporting Donald Trump during several interviews in Los Angeles and speaks to dozens of blue collar workers on why they should support Trump in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and New York, Paul E. Vallely mainly focuses on raising support for Trump among Veterans and active and reserve US Military personnel by focusing on the states of California, Texas, Virginia, Florida, and Louisiana to tell them why Donald Trump will be the best fit for them, Jimmy Duncan, while running for re-election though his primary is much later in the year, focuses on rally the remnant parts of the south that are not considering on supporting Trump by going and campaigning for him in the states of Tennessee, North Carolina, Missouri, Kentucky, and West Virginia. Finally, the Constitution Party works for Trump's campaign by helping his Independent Campaign build ground infrastructure in several states and beginning what could be successful ground game pushes with the hope to continue to push Trump until he crosses the finish line.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #223 on: June 20, 2020, 12:09:01 PM »

OPRAH WINFREY ENDORSES HILLARY CLINTON

At a rally in Charleston, South Carolina, TV Show Host Oprah Winfrey officially announced her endorsement of Senator Hillary Clinton.

Our country is changing and we must change with it! I am here in South Carolina because we are in a reflection point in our country! And that is why I am supporting Hillary Rodham Clinton to be the next President of the United States! Because it is our time!

So I will be doing everything I possibly can to get her into the White House and I hope you will join me!

Winfrey will campaign for Clinton in the south where she has a strong base of support with African American voters.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2020, 12:18:23 PM »

AP RELEASES POLLS ON WHO WON FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES

Following NBC News's first presidential debates for both parties, as well as its townhall for independent candidate Donald Trump, the Associated Press took a poll to ascertain who was found to have done the best overall; here are the results:

AMONG INDEPENDENTS:
Representative Ron Paul - 26.4%
Mr. Donald Trump - 22.6%
Senator Russ Feingold - 17.1%
Governor Bobby Jindal - 13.2%
Governor Brian Schweitzer - 10.6%
Governor Ernie Fletcher - 7.8%
Others - 2.3%

AMONG DEMOCRATS (DEMOCRATS ONLY):
Senator Russ Feingold - 31.4%
Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 28.6%
Governor Brian Schweitzer - 23.5%
Representative Barbara Lee - 9.9%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 6.6%

AMONG REPUBLICANS (REPUBLICANS ONLY):
Representative Ron Paul - 33.6%
Governor Bobby Jindal - 32.7%
Governor Ernie Fletcher - 20.5%
Representative Melissa Hart - 13.2%

These polls come as something of a surprise, as, prior to Senator Allen's endorsement of Representative Paul, none of the debate winners or runners-up were considered frontrunners in this race. Will that change now? Only time will tell.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies