Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:23:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 17703 times)
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: June 15, 2020, 09:49:25 PM »

Congresswoman Lee Slams Sen. Clinton for Backroom Deals

Rep. Barbara Lee responded to Sen. Lincoln ending her campaign and endorsing Sen. Clinton by stating the following: “I have great respect for Senator Lincoln and admire her campaign however I think it’s a shame that Senator Clinton is making backroom deals with other candidates in order to solidify her standing in the primary. This election should be as transparent as possible and should be about the issues however Senator Clinton has chosen to hold meetings with various candidates and insiders trying to win this primary by her personal ties rather than by presenting her plans on how we can win this election and transform this country. In America we have democratic elections not coronations so I plan to keep my campaign going to the very end and I urge Senator Clinton to run a clean campaign that is about policy and the voters, not about political gain or close connections. The American people are tired of a government that is run by a few, however my campaign is one that is truly of, by, and for the people and has presented plans that reflect that.”
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2020, 11:19:10 PM »

Senator Clinton responds to attacks made by Rep. Lee

CNN Reporter: Senator how do you respond to the recent attacks made by Congresswomen Lee saying you made backroom deals with other candidates?

"Well, it's quite disappointing to see Congresswomen Lee spew nonsense that is false. I respect her and admire her for the work she has done in Congress and for our country, but honestly, I expected better from her. I don't go around saying whenever she gains a supporter it is from a backroom deal of sort. People support me because they support my vision and what I believe in. I am sick and tired of being lied about and I will certainly not take it from a candidate who is running under the same party I am and who has almost identical views to me, I will not."

"So Congresswomen, let's get back to the issues concerning the American people and stop making accustations of off baseless claims"
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2020, 11:35:29 PM »

Michelle Obama in Birmingham, Alabama, delivering the response to Daschle and Lincoln endorsing Hillary Clinton

Democrats deserve a competitive primary, not a coronation. And, given the reputation of the Clintons, would it shock anyone if there were illegal backroom bribes being paid? My husband and I are calling for an investigation by the Senate Ethics Committee into just what Senators Daschle and Lincoln were offered to drop out, and whether there was any quid pro quo involved.

The Democratic Party deserves better. America deserves better.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2020, 12:11:33 AM »

Senator Clinton responds to recent attacks

"I am absolutely appalled and sickened by what the Democratic Party has become, we are the party to provide solutions and do everything we can to fight for the American people! Yet some politicians are going off of a baseless claim to try and hurt my campaign, well shame on you Barack Obama and Barbara Lee!"

"I am so sick and tired of it! America deserves better than this pettiness coming from these two and I will not stand for it! Stop whining, stop complaining, pick yourself up and I will see you on the campaign trail!"
adamevans
United States

« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2020, 04:24:12 AM »

Ernie Fletcher for President:
Let's rebuild the American dream!

Source Hyperlinked

Governor Fletcher launches campaign: "We are all called to service."

Ending months of speculation, Governor Fletcher officially launched his long-awaited Presidential campaign as he secured the Republican nomination for his gubernatorial re-election bid. The Governor would deliver a kick-off speech in New York City, NY, in front of the Statue of Liberty, the same place Ronald Reagan launched his campaign in 1980. He would, in a heavily publicized video, announce his campaign, stressing a "call to service" from both "patriotic Americans" and "the Lord." He would tout his military service and his record as Governor, as well as chastising the President for his "failures on the economy, on our morals, on every facet of our society." This would all tie into the Governor's message as he articulated his ultimate campaign theme. Read an excerpt from Governor Fletcher's announcement speech here:

"Ladies and gentlemen, let me say I am humbled by the chance to appear before you today, and I am honored to have the support of so many patriotic Americans as we seek to make America that shining city on the hill once more. And let me thank my wife, Glenna, for her eternal support over these past few months as we've deliberated on this decision. It is not one easy to make, no campaign of this magnitude should be. It is one that must be made not out of personal ambition; it is one we must make out of belief we are called to service in these troubling times for our nation and the world. These past sixteen years have left America on a path towards decline. We have witnessed it in our economy, the nation's moral values, our deficit, even the cost of the pump or the sum we pay to Uncle Sam. What Americans are waking up to is the reality that as long as we follow the doctrine of Bill Clinton and Al Gore, the worse these problems become.

We are all called to service today to rebuild the American dream torn apart over these past sixteen years. We are all called to civic duty in this election, as all elections demand, yet especially this one, so often we are faced with the reoccurring possibility, as Ronald Reagan once said, that "Freedom is never one generation away from extinction." Ladies and gentleman, we are all called today to embrace what is our constant civic duty: reaffirm the existence of economic liberty and strengthen the moral social fabric which binds us together. This is what brings us to Liberty State Park today. We have seen these declines in our moral fabric and economic liberty in more ways than one: courts redefining the historic definition of marriage, a crippled military at home and abroad, growing and overbearing regulations from the federal government.

These are the principles of an overblown, intrusive government of which our forefathers and the philosophers of the past warned us of, but it is rooted in America's deep history that every time we turn our back on the principles of liberty, self-governance and God-ordained rights that this country was founded on, citizens of every walk of life come together, whether by ballot or not, to return us to these values of which the American Revolution was fought over. We have not always lived up to these values, but we have never walked away from them entirely. Ladies and gentleman, our belief in the principles of family values, our constitution and a smaller, simpler government is exactly what brings us here today. Now, more than ever, we are called to service to return America to the values she was built on.

These values are what built the American dream, the ideal of which every American, poor or rich, black or white, of all origins and backgrounds, is able to achieve their wildest dream through drudgery and innovation. This belief in success, fortune, and opportunity through hard work is what gave opportunity to the innovators of history: Henry Ford, JP Morgan, John D. Rockefeller, Thomas Edison. It was these principles that made America the best country the world has ever known; it is what pulled us through crisis and war, depression and economic anxiety. It is this belief in economic liberty which makes America the great nation that it always has been. Yet, time and time again, we see the belief in success through hard work be substituted by government subsidy. It is from these failures of government which gave us one of the most memorable quotes of the 20th century: "In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem."

President Al Gore and the Democratic Party have proposed further government intervention as an ailment to our economic troubles. Let me echo the words of our 40th President: we can not tax, spend and subsidize our way into prosperity. The bloated bureaucracy of the Federal government and overbearing taxes of President Al Gore are what brought us into this crisis, not what will bring us out of it. After sixteen years of government expansion and social liberalism, we have met the faults and shortcomings of this dangerous ideology: a weakening national social fabric, slow economic growth, rising prices at the pump. It is the ingenuity of the American people and the principles of the American dream which made America the greatest nation in the world, and it is these values that will rebuild the might of the American economy and strengthen our moral fiber.

Our firm belief in the promise of America is why we are here today. It is that same American dream that allowed me to be born in a low-income family of four to grow up to be the Governor of Kentucky and speak before you all today. I am incredibly lucky for the parents I had. I am lucky to be born in the United States of America. I am lucky to have had the types of people in my life that saw more in me than myself. I've seen this country from many different vantage points. I grew up in a modest household in Lexington, met my high school sweetheart, Glenna, and had two children, Rachel and Ben. I graduated and moved on to college, then I served in the United States Air Force and was awarded the Outstanding Unit Award.

I left the Air Force in 1980, and I enrolled in the University of Kentucky College of Medicine and earned myself a Doctor of Medicine Degree, and I opened myself a family medical practice in '84. It was around this time that I got involved in the church. I became a pastor at one of my local churches, and through my church ministry, I was recruited into the Fayette County Republican Party. It was through here that I sought public service, and was first elected to Congress in 1998. Serving in Congress was among the many honors of my life, standing up for family values and debt reduction, protecting our farmers, I'm honored of every day I spent in the world's greatest deliberate body. In 2003, we rode a wave into the Governor's Mansion in Kentucky, the first time a Republican had won the office since 1971. We offered a vision different from President Al Gore and three decades of Democratic rule in Kentucky: lower taxes for everyone, balance our budgets, overhaul waste, and unleash the ingenuity and innovation of our people to our economy.

We turned around a state burdened by a stagnant, declining economy for years, and we built one of the strongest job growth records in the nation. We proved, in contrast to this President, that free markets and moral families are what build strong economies. We are here today to offer the contrast between our vision of the American dream and the past sixteen years of government expansion, the stagnant economy of it's doing, and growing threats at home and abroad of nuclear threats. The President's inaction on the foreign stage has allowed dictators in Iran and Iraq to grow in their capacity and begin the production of weapons that will certainly lead to a more dangerous world. We need a President who will act now to preserve the peace and prevent these dangerous enemies from developing weapons of mass destruction.

This vision of our American dream requires us to take a firm stance on the foreign stage to preserve peace and assert strength. If we choose to show weakness in these dangerous times, we will only invite more aggression towards our allies and at home. We will reverse the foreign policy approach of President Al Gore, and today we say, no way we will ever allow Iran and Iraq to ever acquire a nuclear bomb.

This vision of our American dream requisites us to restore the American social fabric. Our moral fabric is what ties us together, and strong families teach our children from right and wrong and prepare the next generation to achieve an American dream of their own. The success of economic freedom would be to no avail without this fundamental building block in our society. Every child should be born into a family with a loving mother and father so that they can succeed too, and so they can learn from right and wrong and the values of success through hard work. We are here today to preserve the sanctity of marriage and make certain every boy and girl can live in the loving home with a mother and father. We are here today to protect the sanctity of life and to make clear the human life is important. These ideals of the American Dream are under siege, and they are why we must rebuild the essence of the American ideal of success, ingenuity and innovation.

Ladies and gentleman, I never imagined in a million years I would be a candidate for President, but the calls to service by millions of patriotic Americans have made it become apparent the challenges which we face in the coming years. I am Ernie Fletcher, and I am running for President of the United States.

We are at a moment of reckoning for our nation. The values of America are under siege: economic freedom, family values, a strong and capable military. The task of defending these principles will not be easy. They require civic duty from all of us; they require a resounding national electoral majority to undo the policies of President Al Gore and protect the Constitution and defend it to it's literal meaning. What we need right now is leaders who will stand firm in defense of the American dream, who will defend the institution of marriage and the sanctity of life, who will slash taxes for everyone, who will be tough on gangs and organized crime and protect our streets. This is our call to service, America, let's rebuild the American dream!
adamevans
United States

« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2020, 04:25:31 AM »
« Edited: June 16, 2020, 04:40:25 AM by adamevans »

Campaign Ad: Action.

Michael Raphael / Public domain

- scene opens to an unemployment line, stressed families looking at bills -

Narrator: "The economy is slumping. Sixteen years of government expansion is taking the toll on our economy, shuddering jobs and stifling business, and Chinese competition is overshadowing the might of the American economy. America is more dangerous than it was 16 years ago."

- scene cuts to a gas pump -

"The cost of the pump is jumping. Iranian oil executives get rich, and middle class Americans foot the bill."

U.S. Air Force photo by Airman 1st Class Jelani Gibson / Public Domain

- scene cuts to photos of traditional families & marriages -

"Our traditional values are being ripped apart by judges acting on their own ideology and not our constitution."

Source Hyperlinked

- scene cuts to photos of Ernie Fletcher meeting with troops, holding press conferences, signing legislation -

"In times of crisis, we need a principled conservative leader who won't just give us Washington talk."

- scene cuts to excerpt of Governor Fletcher delivering a speech -

Fletcher: "Our government is overfed. We're spending too much. We're taxing too much. These past sixteen years have shown us exactly why we must return to the principles of small government and restore our nation's moral values. Our laws should be written by people, not by unelected judges. The time is now for all of us to demand from Washington a smaller, simpler government that allows the American dream to thrive. If we're ever getting ourselves out of these crises, that's what we gotta make Washington do at the ballot box."

- scene cuts back to photos of Ernie Fletcher signing legislation -

"Ernie Fletcher: air force veteran, doctor, successful Governor with one of the best job growth records in the nation."

- scene cuts to Ernie Fletcher for President logo & legal information -

Voiceover: "I'm Ernie Fletcher, and I approve this message."

Aired in Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, Florida

Campaign Ad: Leadership.

Source Hyperlinked

- ad opens to pictures of stressed families looking at bills, pictures of rising gas prices, unemployment lines, etc -

"In 2003, Kentucky's economy was stagnant. Unemployment was rising, the state had entered an unprecedented budget crisis, government was stifling the economy, high taxes were hurting revenue and job growth, and a Republican hadn't been elected Governor since 1971."

- scene cuts to photos of Ernie Fletcher delivering press conferences, signing legislation -

"Then Kentucky hired Governor Ernie Fletcher. He turned around the state's billion dollar deficit and turned it into a surplus. He cut unemployment and made one of the best job growth records in the nation. He cut taxes for everyone in the state and turned a stagnant economy into one of the most flourishing in the country. He challenged the big spenders when he boldly cut waste to balance our budgets and get government off the people's back. If he can do it for Kentucky, he can do it for America."

- scene cuts to Ernie Fletcher for President logo & legal information -

Voiceover: "I'm Ernie Fletcher, and I approve this message."

Aired in Wyoming, Michigan, Iowa, Nevada
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2020, 09:16:30 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius Comments on the Clinton Endorsement Scandal

“I have a lot of respect for Senator Clinton and the work she’s done, but it’s become clear the Democratic establishment of Washington is lining up to appoint her as our nominee. Well, it’s a good thing that your vote and mine are just as valuable as Senators Daschle and Lincoln, because this primary is far from over! I don’t care to focus on any sort of backroom maneuvering, as I’d rather be talking to you about how to fix our healthcare and education systems. We’re in this not because we have powerful friends in Washington, but because the American people deserve a President who is their advocate!”

(Note: this is from my phone and subject to editing once I get to my laptop)
RGM2609
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2020, 10:22:17 AM »

Russ Feingold comments on the backroom deals of Hillary Clinton

Asked by an Iowan citizen today on his thoughts related to the feud between Hillary and other candidates, Russ had the following to say -

Look, I think that it is clear for everyone that the DC swamp, the lobbyists, billionaires and all other forcss involved in robbing the American people are getting freaked out by the fact that tens of millions of working Americans are saying "Enough is enough" and are backing progressive movements such as my campaign or the one of Barbara Lee. They have chosen an establishment politician to try and stop us, but the people will see right through their game at the ballot box. Hillary Clinton has been supporting all kinds of horrible policies during her long political career, such as NAFTA and DoMA, and her support for bad trade deals and outsourcing has left millions out of work. This is why she will not win, even if the entire DNC throws its support, and the fact that she has no real plan for the country and her only response to criticism has been "shame on you" and "I am sick and tired of hearing this" only shows how weak her message is. So I am not concerned about her, let's move back to the issues.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2020, 10:23:36 AM »

Clinton to meet with advisors plans next steps.

Senator Hillary Clinton has been spotted entering her campaign office at the North World Trade Center Tower to meet with key campaign advisors and staff on the future if any of her Presidential Campaign Mrs. Clinton refused to take answers from the press and was met at the doors by Former President Bill Clinton.

Clinton has been in hot water over alleged backroom deals with former candidates in which she strongly denied, Clinton has not said whether she plans to stay in the race but is expected to reach a formal decision in the coming days.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2020, 10:48:38 AM »

Wikimedia Commons

Brian Schweitzer Slams Hillary Clinton
Governor Brian Schweitzer of Montana, Democrat running for President has criticized Senator Clinton while campaigning in New Hampshire and Iowa. He said to one New Hampshire reporter that, "Hillary Clinton apparently thinks she can wrap this thing up in October, while I got something to tell her, this ain't a coronation, it's a primary and I'll see her on the debate stage." The campaign has begun to use messaging hitting Clinton as an establishment, status quo candidate who will be unable to win in November or disputing that she is entirely honest with voters. In Iowa Governor Schweitzer asked the question, "what did she promise Senator Daschle and Lincoln, I don't know but I can bet ya'll want to know!"

Other than this the Schweitzer campaign has had different attacks on the Senator. They've overall painted her as a candidate of the status quo, when Americans are looking for change. Governor Schweitzer said at an Iowa campaign event with local party organizers, "if we run on that everything is good and we just gotta keep going along we will lose in November, we gotta promise people that they're going to see real, tangible changes in their lives, and that we the Democrats are the ones fighting for it cause we all know it isn't George Allen who's fighting for us. But it'll be George Allen in the White House if we nominate a status quo candidate."

Schedule

October 3rd-6th: Tour of Central South Carolina
October 8th: Rally in Richmond Virginia
October 12th: Rally in Peoria Illinois
October 16th: Major Rally in Dallas Texas
October 20th-24th: Barnstorming Rio Grande River Valley
October 28th-30th: 10 County Tour of New Hampshire

zoz
Rookie

« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2020, 01:29:46 PM »

RON PAUL SEPTEMBER SCHEDULE

September 1: Rally in Grand Rapids, MI
                     Rally in Lansing, MI

September 2: Town Hall in Somersworth, NH
                     Campaign Office Opening in Portsmouth, NH

September 3: Campaign Office Opening in Bangor, ME
                     Rally in Milinocket, ME

September 4: Rally in Gillette, WY
                     Rally in Billings, MT

September 5: Rally in Jackson, WY
                     Rally in Pocatello, ID
                     Town Hall in Logan, UT

September 6: Campaign Office Opening in Salt Lake City, UT
                     Rally/Fundraiser in Provo, UT

September 7-12: Return Home; Debate prep; District services

September 13: Rally/Fundraiser in Lubbock, TX
                       Rally in Roswell, NM w/ Gov. Johnson

September 14: Town Hall in Mesquite, NV
                       Campaign Office Opening in Las Vegas, NV
                       Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV

September 15: Rally in Dayton, NV
                       Town Hall in Reno, NV

September 16: Town Hall in Sacramento, CA
                       Rally in Vallejo, CA
                       Rally in San Jose, CA

September 17: Rally in Bakersfield, CA
                       Rally in Pasadena, CA
                       Rally in Chula Vista, CA

September 18: Town Hall in Shenandoah, IA
                       Town Hall in Red Oak, IA
                       Rally in Creston, IA

September 19: Campaign Office Opening in Des Moines, IA
                       Town Hall in Atlantic, IA

September 20: Rally/Fundraiser in Columbia, SC
                       Rally in Charlotte, NC
                       Rally in Greensboro, NC w/ Rep. Jones

September 21: Debate prep

September 22: Rally in Northampton, MA
                       Rally in Hartford, VT
                       Town Hall in Middlebury, VT

September 23: Rally in Claremont, NH
                       Rally in Keene, NH
                       Rally in Jaffrey, NH

September 24: Town Hall in Milford, NH
                       Rally in Manchester, NH
                       Rally in Laconia, NH

September 25: Rally in South Portland, ME
                       Rally in Lewiston, ME
                       Rally in Rockland, ME
                       Meet with local fishermen

September 26: Rally in La Crosse, WI
                       Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
                       Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
                       Rally in Camanche, IA

September 27: Town Hall in Aurora, CO
                       Rally in CHeyenne, WY
                       Rally in North Platte, NE

September 28: Rally/Fundraiser in Henderson, NV
                       Rally in Pahrump, NV

September 29: Town Hall in Elko, NV
                       Rally in West Wendover, NV
                       Town Hall in Jackpot, NV

September 30: Rally in Ely, NV
                       Town Hall in Eureka, NV
                       Town Hall in Austin, NV

This month, the Paul campaign opened it's first campaign offices in key battlegrounds, where trained staffers and volunteers will operate, campaign, and train others to spread the word about Ron Paul. More offices will be opened in the weeks to come, as energy and fundraising continues to put wind in the sails of the Paul campaign.

zoz
Rookie

« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2020, 01:58:09 PM »
« Edited: June 16, 2020, 02:03:34 PM by zoz »

RON PAUL VISITS COOLIDGE HOMESTEAD

While campaigning through Vermont, Congressman and Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul stopped at the Calvin Coolidge Homestead historical site. After spending about half an hour walking the grounds and speaking with historical guides, Paul spoke to reporters who have been traveling with him.

"You don't hear much about ol' Silent Cal, but he really was one of the greats. He shrank the government, reduced waste and spending, and oversaw a time of great prosperity. Unfortunately, in today's world where big government and more spending seems to be the dominant philosophy, Coolidge gets a bad wrap- if and when he's even remembered, that is. I think it's time to change that. Coolidge showed us that small government conservatism works, and I want to show the world again. We could certainly use another Calvin Coolidge these days."

Paul's campaign is focused on smaller government and individual liberties, and his trip to Plymouth, Vermont is no doubt a way to cement that message. His campaign believes there is a silent majority of these voters in places like New England and the Mountain West, voters who could possibly propel a modern "Calvin Coolidge" into the White House.

NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2020, 02:07:18 PM »

Congresswoman Hart's Campaign schedule through Oct. 31st:

October 2nd: Campaign Launch in Pittsburgh

Wikimedia Commons

Hello, Pittsburgh! It's been my honor to be your congresswoman since 2001. I'm so honored to have been the first Republican woman to ever represent the great state of Pennsylvania in Congress. I've learned a lot about leading and reaching across the aisle to get common sense, conservative legislation passed.
I've seen the country I love stuck under incompetent leadership, I know we can do better. I know I can get the job done. Over the past 8 years, I've campaigned across this district talking to Republicans and Democrats alike and winning their votes. I know I can do the same nationwide to take back the White House and get conservative legislation passed. I am Melissa Hart, and I'm proud to stand before you as a candidate for President of the United States of America!
*cheering*

October 4th - 7th: First visit to Iowa as a presidential candidate
Visiting Dubuque and Des Moines, giving a speech to Drake University about how important it is for young conservatives to get involved in politics.

Look, I understand that although I am young for a Presidential candidate, I am not young.
*laughter*
I may not be young, but as President, I commit to listening to young voters. I know how easy it can be to brush off politics and feel dejected and ignored, but I promise to listen. And if even a couple of you volunteer in a campaign because of this, I'll leave here happy. Please consider my campaign to volunteer on, it would mean a lot!

October 8th - 15th:
Week-long tour of New Hampshire, attending campaign office openings in Concord, Keene, Manchester, and Merrimack.

I am a proud conservative woman, I am a proud pro-life conservative and I'm getting tired of hearing liberals attack me for my values, or ask why I hold my beliefs just because I'm a woman. We as conservative women need to be more vocal about our values. I hope my campaign can be a voice for conservative women, and I'll hope you'll join me!
-Rep. Hart at a "Women for Hart" event in Keene, NH

October 16th: Visit to New York City to appear on The O'Reilly Factor

October 17th - 20th: First Visit to South Carolina

October 22nd - 29th: Return to New Hampshire

October 30th - 31st: Flying back to PA for a short break during Halloween
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2020, 07:28:50 PM »

Congresswoman Lee
Debate Answers

Opening Statement:
Firstly, I’d like to begin by thanking Tom Brokaw for his bravery in moderating this debate, it’s going to be a rough one but then no real discourse has been achieved easily. Many of you don’t know me or why I’m running for President so let me tell you why. I believe we're at a defining moment in our history. Our nation is divided and gripped by partisan gridlock; our planet is in peril. Families all across the country are struggling with everything from back-breaking health care costs to trying to provide for their children. And at this moment, the question is: How do we take the country in a new direction? How do we get past the divisions that have prevented us from solving these problems year after year after year? I don't think the choice is between black and white or young and old. I think what is at stake right now is whether we are looking backwards or we are looking forwards. I think it is the past versus the future. And I think that, as we move forward in this debate, we need to understand the differences in our policies and our records because Americans across the country are in dire need of change. They want change from the status quo but they also have to have change that brings the country together, pushes back against the special interests in Washington, and levels with them about the difficult changes that we need to make. I believe I am the candidate that can bring that change and uplift those that feel unrepresented and unchanged so tonight I’m asking every democrat watching this to consider the best strategy to win this election. We need someone with bold ideas and a progressive platform because we’re not going to win this election if we nominate the typical insider and I believe with your support we can shake up this race and show that a grassroots movement is unstoppable.

Question: You have called for the total eradication of poverty in the United States by means of raising the minimum wage and various public service programs. What do you say to those who claim that this will only burden the government financially, and do little to actually fix the problem?
Forty-three years ago, President Lyndon Johnson spoke before Congress and declared a War on Poverty. Out of that speech came many programs that transformed America and made life better for millions of our fellow citizens. That speech led to Medicare, that government health insurance program for senior citizens which is now one of the most popular and important federal programs in existence.  It led to Medicaid, which provides health care to some 72 million low-income people and their kids. It led to food stamps, a concept which said that nobody, no man, woman or child in the United States should go hungry. You know I personally relied on those food stamps as a young single mother trying to get my degree at Mills College while trying to feed my two little boys so it really angers me when the Republicans label these essential programs as unnecessary and burdensome to our financial standing without any other concerte plan or concerns to help prevent struggling families from falling deeper and deeper until they hit rock bottom. It’s no lie that there are still too many Americans in poverty but we have greatly gotten this number closer and closer to 0. Now the Republicans want to cut these programs and leave those living paycheck to paycheck without any safety net, it’s immoral and unrepresentative of what American should and can be. We need to invest in healthcare, education, and work to help Americans get back on their feet, not leave them for dead. And while the Republicans want to spread their narrative questioning who’s going to pay for it, well I’ll tell you how. We’re going to ensure the very wealthiest and well-connected are paying their fair share, not finding loopholes and tax havens. It is time we uplift those at the very bottom, not pass more and more tax cuts letting the richest Americans get even richer.

Closing Statement:
Tonight we certainly heard some good and bad ideas from everyone up on this stage but at the end of the day, we need to ask ourselves who can and will bring the change that Americans want and need. Who will work tirelessly to enact an agenda that uplifts those living in poverty to the middle class, who is not afraid to protect our government from being in the pockets of corporations and companies, and who is unabashed to embrace the ideals that this country once stood for. Those ideals of equality, security, and freedom are more important now than ever before. So it’s time for us as democrats to consider who has the plans that will strengthen every American not a select few, it’s time for us to nominate someone that has the right ideas to change the course of this country and address the issues that so many real Americans are facing. If you believe in our vision for America and are willing to fight for it, I welcome you to our campaign and promise you that I will fight to the very end to ensure this primary is focused on the problems the well-connected are ignoring. This primary should be about the future of our party and our country, not a cakewalk for any candidate so I ask you to join us and pitch in a couple dollars to enact real structural change across the country. Thank you.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2020, 09:30:49 PM »

ill post responses today/tomorrow
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2020, 09:36:27 PM »

Got it.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2020, 12:13:32 AM »

CLINTON CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE - OCTOBER

October 1st - 3rd | Florida
October 1st:
Rally in Jacksonville, FL
Barnstorm in Jacksonville, FL
Rally in Tampa, FL

October 2nd:
Phonebank in Naples, FL
Barnstorm in Naples, FL
Eat dinner at a small business with President Bill Clinton

October 3rd:
Barnstorm in Tallahassee, FL
Phonebank in Tallahassee, FL
Townhall on Iraq Investigation in Orlando, FL
Fly to New Jersey.

October 4th - 6th | New Jersey
October 4th:
Major Rally in Newark, NJ
Roundtable on poverty issues.
Barnstorm in Newark, NJ

October 5th:
Tour historical buildings in Trenton, NJ
Meet volunteers in Trenton, NJ
Townhall on Economic Issues in Trenton, NJ

October 6th:
Eat brunch at a local diner.
Meet local community leaders
Roundtable on Criminal Justice Reform
Fly to South Carolina

October 7th - 9th | South Carolina
October 7th:
Attend church service in Columbia, SC
Roundtable on Criminal Justice Reform
Fundraiser in Columbia, SC

October 8th:
Rally in Clemson, SC
Barnstorm in Clemson, SC
Meet campaign volunteers

October 9th:
Town Hall on Poverty issues.
Attend Small Business meeting in Greenville, SC
Meet state Democratic leaders.
Fly to Pennsylvania

October 10th - 12th | Pennsylvania
October 10th:
Rally in Philadelphia, PA
Meet volunteers in Philadelphia, PA
Fundraiser in Philadelphia, PA

October 11th:
Rally in Scranton, PA
Town Hall on the middle class in Scranton, PA
Rally in Pittsburgh, PA

October 12th:
Rally in Erie, PA
Roundtable on LGBTQ+ Rights
Meet Labor Unions
Fly to Iowa

October 13th - 17th | Iowa
October 13th:
Rally in Ames, IA
Barnstorm in Ames, IA
Phonebank in Ames, IA

October 14th:
Tour small businesses in Iowa City, IA
Meet local Democratic leaders.
Town Hall on Union Protections in Iowa City, IA

October 15th:
Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
Campaign meeting with state leaders.
Barnstorm in Cedar Rapids, IA

October 16th:
Rally in Sioux City, IA
Phonebank in Sioux City, IA
Meet volunteers in Sioux City, IA
Town Hall on Farmers Rights in Sioux City, IA

October 17th:
Rally in Des Moines, IA
Meet & Greet with supporters
Phonebank in Des Moines, IA
Fly to New Hampshire

October 18th - 21st | New Hampshire
October 18th:
Rally in Salem, NH
Barnstorm in Salem, NH
Roundtable on College Affordability

October 19th:
Town Hall on Climate Change in Concord, NH
Tour local small businesses in Concord, NH
Meet local community leaders in Concord, NH

October 20th:
Major rally in Manchester, NH
Meet campaign volunteers in Manchester, NH
Tour local homeless shelter.

October 21st:
Meet Democratic Party leaders in Nashua, NH
Tour produce factory in Nashua, NH
Campaign roundtable on Healthcare reform
Fly to California

October 22nd - 24th | California
October 22nd:
Major rally in Los Angeles
Campaign fundraiser in Los Angeles
Shop at boardwalk stores.

October 23rd:
Rally in San Francisco, CA
Barnstorm in San Francisco, CA
Interview with San Francisco Chronicle

October 24th:
Fundraiser in Santa Monica, CA
Phonebank in Santa Monica, CA
Fly to Nevada

October 25th | Nevada
October 25th:
Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
Small rally in Las Vegas, NV
Fly to New York

October 26th - 28th | New York
October 26th:
Celebrate 60th Birthday at Beacon Theatre with Bill, Chelsea and the public
Fundraiser at the Beacon Theatre for 60th Birthday

October 27th:
Rest Day

October 28th:
Fundraiser in NYC
Rally at Kent State University
Phonebank in NYC
Fly to Michigan

October 29th - 30th | Michigan
October 29th:
Rally in Detroit, MI
Tour low-income neighborhoods.
Roundtable on LGBTQ+ Rights.

October 30th:
Rally in Flint, MI
Barnstorm in Flint, MI
Townhall on Criminal Justice Reform

October 31st | New York
October 31st:
Host Halloween party at campaign headquarters.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2020, 12:05:23 PM »
« Edited: June 18, 2020, 09:30:49 AM by Mycool »

Kathleen Sebelius Runs Ad "Experience We Need"

"Politicians in Washington think that change is too hard. They would rather attend fundraisers and lobbying events than advocate for the very people they promise to serve."

"This has led to the American public being disillusioned, with increasing debt, threats of cuts to education, and attacks on the rights of individuals."

"While Congress has argued and raced to take positions outside of the mainstream to get more media attention, Governor Kathleen Sebelius has been hard at work."

"When she won her elected to Governor, she inherited a state on the brink of an economic crisis, with over a billion-dollar debt, a recession, and millions in wasteful spending."

"Kathleen managed to audit the state's spending, saving millions, balanced the budget, and fought to keep education funding safe from budget cuts."

"She has a plan to bring this style of bipartisan leadership to Washington, auditing spending and making the results public, giving the American people insight into how their money is being spent."

"Kathleen will fight for your Second Amendment right and will keep abortion safe, legal, and rare."

"Governor Kathleen Sebelius has the type of Experience We Need."
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2020, 02:45:41 PM »

Rep. Hart Debate Answers

Opening Statement:

Hello, America! I know many of you may not know who I am, so let me introduce myself. My name is Melissa Hart, I've been a member of congress since 2001 and before that was in the Pennsylvania Senate for a decade, after I defeated a Democratic incumbent. I've spent my time in office advocating for lower taxes and fighting to make sure America respects the sanctity of life. As a member of the House, I've traveled the world visiting our troops and even got to perform for them with a few of my congressional colleagues in our band, the Second Amendments. I've worked hard in my district to listen to my constituents and helping ensure the government never interferes in their daily lives, and in doing so I've won support from Democrats and Republicans alike in my district. But enough about me, this country needs leadership that is empathetic, that will try to improve the lives of its citizens not buy trying to tax and regulate the economy more, but by doing the opposite. Its time we get competent, common sense, and conservative leadership in this country, and I believe I am the one to do it, thank you.

Question response:
It is true that I played a role in Speaker Boehner's rise to the position of speaker of the house, but the reason I did it was not that I thought it would help me in my future endeavors, but rather because I felt he was the best man for the job. I did not help John because I wanted his help in my presidential run, and he is under no obligation to endorse me. I would gladly welcome his support, as John is a good man whose vision for this country is close to mine, but he is free to endorse whomever he pleases. I did what I felt was best for my country when I supported John, not what was best for myself.

Closing Statement:
When I look at this field of candidates, I am proud and confident that whoever among us wins the nomination, we will be in good hands going into November of next year. Maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to say politically, but the truth of the matter is we have a uniquely talented field this year and I am proud to stand here among them. I would be honored if you consider giving me your vote in your state's primary or caucus. We need to look beyond our party this election and talk to people who we haven't tried to reach before. I have a strong track record of doing just that in my district. Not only do I feel that I can win, but I feel I am in a strong position to make the change our country so desperately needs a reality. That is why I hope you'll look at this talented field and chose to support me. Thank you, America.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2020, 03:27:00 PM »

Barack Obama in Oakland, California

While we couldn't stick around longer, and I'm very disappointed about that, I was truly honored to run for President this year. Now, the question is, where do we go from here. Well, only one candidate meets every criteria I'm looking for to be President of the United States. As such, I am suspending my campaign, and endorsing Barbara Lee for President. She is the best candidate to defeat Hillary Clinton, and the best candidate to win in November!
RGM2609
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2020, 05:54:39 PM »

Russ Feingold slams Barbara Lee for hypocrisy in speech given in Iowa.

Barbara Lee called out, and rightly so, the backroom deals of Hillary Clinton and her establishment backers, but here she is doing the exact same thing! Hillary Clinton and Barbara Lee are teo sides of the same coin, and this sudden endorsement shows that it is as clear as day! The American people will choose for President someone who plays by the rules, regardless of the machinations of Hillary and Barbara.
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #196 on: June 17, 2020, 10:49:10 PM »

RON PAUL AD "STORM"

"There's a storm coming..."

"...A storm of people, fed up with it all."

"People tired of their government selling them out, betraying their trust, and eroding their future"

"We the people are standing up. We won't have it anymore. Our rights, our decision making, and our country will not be taken from us."

"Washington better batten down the hatches, because there's a storm rolling in, and his name is Ron Paul."

"I'm Ron Paul, and I approve this message."

The ad will be aired in select media markets in the following states:

raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2020, 01:51:23 AM »

Lee for America

June-October Schedule

Campaign Key Issues in South Carolina
- Criminal Justice Reform: Ban private prisons, make prison phone calls and other inmate communications free, and audit prison commissaries for price gouging and fees. End the cash bail system and mandatory minimum sentencing. Invest in successful crime prevention, including proven initiatives that get youth and nonviolent offenders back on track. We will increase funding to domestic violence and sexual assault prevention programs. We will strengthen sexual assault and domestic violence laws, support the Violence Against Women Act, and provide job security to survivors.
- Primary Education Reform: Follow the lead of school districts and educators that have pioneered innovative ways to increase teacher pay. Make an unprecedented national investment to provide teachers with better pay and better support to improve their skills, and their students' learning. Reward effective teachers who teach in underserved areas, take on added responsibilities like mentoring new teachers, or consistently excel in the classroom. Address the dropout crisis by investing in intervention strategies in middle schools and high schools and invest in after-school programs, summer school, alternative education programs, and youth jobs. Establish commissions to improve failing public schools predominantly in communities of color and increase funding.
- Eradicate Poverty: Reform and Increase the Minimum Wage. Advocate for public assistance programs, such as social security, pension benefits, childcare services, affordable housing, nutritional programs and programs to support homelessness.

Campaign Key Issues in Michigan
- Criminal Justice Reform: Ban private prisons, make prison phone calls and other inmate communications free, and audit prison commissaries for price gouging and fees. End the cash bail system and mandatory minimum sentencing. Invest in successful crime prevention, including proven initiatives that get youth and nonviolent offenders back on track. We will increase funding to domestic violence and sexual assault prevention programs. We will strengthen sexual assault and domestic violence laws, support the Violence Against Women Act, and provide job security to survivors.
- Tax Reform: Shut down "special interest loopholes and tax shelters" and use the money to provide an immediate middle-class tax cut as well as raise taxes on the wealthiest of Americans. Expand the Earned Income Tax Credit
- Jobs: End tax breaks for companies that ship American jobs overseas and provide incentives for companies that keep and maintain good jobs in the United States. Invest in advanced energy technologies and create millions of new, good “green” American jobs
- Financial Regulation: Create agencies to protect consumers and monitor the U.S. economy and new revelations on mortgage lending, credit cards, proprietary trading, derivatives, hedge funds and executive pay.
- Eradicate Poverty: Reform and Increase the Minimum Wage. Advocate for public assistance programs, such as social security, pension benefits, childcare services, affordable housing, nutritional programs and programs to support homelessness.

Campaign Key Issues in California, Nevada, and Florida
- Healthcare Reform: Provide Massive Healthcare Reform via Universal Healthcare. Repeal the prohibition on negotiating prescription drug prices, ban drug companies from paying generic producers to refrain from entering drug markets, and eliminate drug company interference with generic competition
- Primary Education Reform: Follow the lead of school districts and educators that have pioneered innovative ways to increase teacher pay. Make an unprecedented national investment to provide teachers with better pay and better support to improve their skills, and their students' learning. Reward effective teachers who teach in underserved areas, take on added responsibilities like mentoring new teachers, or consistently excel in the classroom. Address the dropout crisis by investing in intervention strategies in middle schools and high schools and invest in after-school programs, summer school, alternative education programs, and youth jobs. Establish commissions to improve failing public schools predominantly in communities of color and increase funding.

Michigan
June 1st-14th

June 1st-6th: Rep. Lee tours auto factories highlighting her policies on NAFTA and other trade deals along with her plans to hold outsourcing companies accountable.  Hold a rally with Senator Obama in Detroit and campaign across the state. Meet with Governor Jennifer Granholm as well as other key Michigan Democrats to discuss support, rumored endorsement to come.
June 7th-14th: Highlight education plans, discuss plans to eradicate poverty and comment on the recent endorsements of Civil Rights Icon, Rep. John Lewis, stating the immense honor it is to have him join our campaign and spearhead our efforts in the state of Georgia.

Florida
June 15th-30th

June 15th-21st: Rep. Lee lands in Miami and opens campaign offices, attends volunteer coordinated events. The Congresswoman meets with Latino Advocacy Organizations and discusses policies for the community. Attend various campaign fundraisers with civil rights activists and campaigns in Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Tallahassee.
June 22nd-30th: Rep. Lee gives a speech in Fort Lauderdale regarding Universal Healthcare, urges that we act on insurance because we can never go far enough to protect the lives of Americans.

Statement on Healthcare:
“On this June morning of two thousand and seven, more than sixty years after President Truman first issued the call for national health insurance, we find ourselves in the midst of an historic moment on health care. From coast to coast, from business to labor, from Democrats to Republicans, the emergence of new and bold proposals from across the spectrum has effectively ended the debate over whether or not we should have universal health care in this country. Plans that tinker and halfway measures now belong to yesterday. In the 2008 campaign, affordable, universal health care for every single American must not be a question of whether, it must be a question of how. I know there's cynicism out there about whether this can happen, and there's reason for it. For too long, this debate has been stunted by what I call the smallness of our politics - the idea that there isn't much we can agree on or do about the major challenges facing our country. And when some try to propose something bold, the interests groups and the partisans treat it like a sporting event, using fear and divisiveness and other cheap tricks to win their argument, even if we lose our solution in the process. It's not only tiresome, it's wrong. Wrong when a parent cannot take a sick child to the doctor because they cannot afford the bill that comes with it. Wrong when 46 million Americans have no health care at all. In a country that spends more on health care than any other nation on Earth, it's just wrong. Over half of all family bankruptcies today are caused by medical bills but they say it's too costly to act. The federal government should be leading the way here. We have come so far in the debate on health care in this country, but now we must finally answer the call first issued by Truman, advanced by Johnson, and fought for by so many leaders and Americans throughout the last century. The time has come for universal healthcare in America. And I look forward to working with all of you to meet this challenge in the weeks and months to come."

Illinois
July 1st-15th

July 1st-5th: Rep. Barbara kicks off Lee Speaks for Illinois Tour with special top surrogate Senator Barack Obama in the city of Chicago. Congresswoman Lee meets with various Illinois Democrats, organizations, and activists. Holds massive rallies with Senator Obama in Peoria, Naperville, Springfield, and Aurora highlighting her plans to eradicate poverty and reinvest in the cities with a poor education system, with a high crime rate, and with a lower mean income. Introduce Rep. Lee as the strongest progressive candidate to take on Hillary Clinton and win this election.

Statement on Obama Endorsement:
“I’m very grateful to have Senator Obama join our campaign and play a major role in pushing our vision for America throughout the country, including in his home state of Illinois. Senator Obama has served Illinois immensely in the United States Senate and has worked for many years on the streets of Chicago and in churches as a community leader helping struggling kids find the help they need. Now let me reaffirm that this endorsement wasn’t made through a backroom deal as I pointed out Senator Clinton was doing, this was an endorsement made clear in the open with no political gains attached but simply with the purpose to build a progressive coalition that will stand up to the well-connected insiders and party establishment. Senator Obama and I know that we need someone that will fight for the bold changes we need to make and that we need someone in the general election that isn’t afraid to stand up to the malignant forces corrupting our government and stalling the change that real Americans are in dire need of. I encourage everyone, including my fellow candidates, to support whichever candidate they want but to do it in a clean way with no strings attached because the people are tired of these behind the scenes bargains. Additionally, I’m immensely proud to announce a tour with Senator Obama throughout Illinois, in which we will meet with the voters and introduce our plans on how we win this election and transform the country.”

July 6th-15th: Introduce digital campaign push including a website with platform and other important information. Attend events with volunteers and do a circuit of town halls citing experience as a social worker and record dealing with social reform in Congress.

Nevada
July 16th-31st

July 16th-23rd: Congresswoman Lee attends an interview with Larry King and discusses her campaign and her historic candidacy, stating her inspiration from the campaign of Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm. Reiterate need to increase wages and to reduce the income inequality gap, outlining out plans to ensure the wealthiest are paying their fair share while giving relief from struggling families.
July 24th-31st: Give speech on immigration at Reno event highlighting the importance of immigrants and the unjust exploitation they are facing at the fears of being deported.

Statement on Immigration:
“The politics of who is and who is not allowed to enter this country, and on what terms, has always been contentious. And that remains true today. And it's made worse by a failure of those of us in Washington to fix a broken immigration system. The result is an estimated 11 million undocumented immigrants in the United States. The overwhelming majority of these men and women are simply seeking a better life for themselves and their children. Many settle in low-wage sectors of the economy; they work hard, they save, they stay out of trouble. But because they live in the shadows, they're vulnerable to unscrupulous businesses who pay them less than the minimum wage or violate worker safety rules thereby putting companies who follow those rules, and Americans who rightly demand the minimum wage or overtime, at an unfair disadvantage. Crimes go unreported as victims and witnesses fear coming forward. And this makes it harder for the police to catch violent criminals and keep neighborhoods safe. And billions in tax revenue are lost each year because many undocumented workers are paid under the table. Indeed, the immigration system is broken. Unfortunately, reform has been held hostage to political posturing and special-interest wrangling in Washington that tackling such a thorny and emotional issue is inherently bad politics. So the bottom line is this: Businesses must be held accountable if they break the law by deliberately hiring and exploiting undocumented workers. We cannot continue just to look the other way as a significant portion of our economy operates outside the law. It breeds abuse and bad practices. It punishes employers who act responsibly and undercuts American workers. I'm ready to move forward; the majority of Democrats are ready to move forward; and I believe the majority of Americans are ready to move forward.”

Michigan
August 1st-14th

August 1st-6th:  Outline in Detroit our plan to strengthen families in America which includes tax cuts for low-income individuals and the middle class while expanding the Earned Income Tax Credit. Reaffirm our commitment to shut down special interest loopholes and tax shelters while ensuring a just tax code in which the wealthiest are contributing as well. Meet with various unions and discuss a comprehensive strategy to strengthen and protect our workers and ensure we keep American companies from outsourcing jobs.
August 7th-14th: Visit local food shelters and volunteer at community events throughout Detroit, Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor, and Flint. Stress the importance of food stamps and in other nutrition assistance programs, urging the need to protect these initiatives from Republican opponents who wish to cut funding dramatically without a sustainable safety net to support families in need. Cite Congressional experience in leading anti-poverty legislation and helping pass key bills to help invest in our communities rather than defund them.

Illinois
August 15th-31st

August 15th-21st: Continue campaigning with Senator Obama, open campaign offices and establish relations with Chicago Democratic officials. Continue to push progressive platforms of eradicating poverty, universal healthcare, and economic/racial justice. Speak at various college campuses across Illinois and highlight our plan to increase higher education affordability and reform.
August 22nd-31st: Roll out plan on Climate Change, hold roundtables with experiments and construct a plan on how we can raise awareness for environmental justice. Call out candidates that have not yet pledged to swear off donations from oil companies and lobbyists, citing the need to make real change not be controlled by corporations and executives. Fundraise with Senator Obama throughout Illinois and speak about the endorsement of Senator Clinton from Senator Lincoln, vow no backroom deals and call out any candidate that makes no such promise.

Florida
September 1st-15th

September 1st-7th: Discuss the need for seawalls and coastal defense, relating its important to Hurricane Katrina. Meet with Civil Rights Activists and introduce our plans for Criminal Justice Reform and highlight the endorsement of NAACP. Attend town hall hosted by the NAACP, introduce plans regarding racial disparities and commend Barack Obama for his campaign.
September 8th-15th: Attend Congressional Duties in Washington D.C.

Nevada
September 16th-30th

September 16th-23rd: Meet with Nevada Democrats and Latino Advocacy groups discussing our immigration plan and highlighting our plan to improve our schools and make higher education more affordable. Strike with Service Workers throughout Las Vegas pushing for higher wages and stronger union
September 24th-30th: Attend Congressional duties in Washington D.C.

South Carolina
October 1st-14th

October 1-14th: Congresswoman Lee holds various rallies with Rep. Jim Clyburn through the Palmetto State. Meet with other South Carolina Democratic officials and establish a vast volunteer network in major cities throughout the state. Discuss personal story at a town hall in Columbia regarding black maternal mortality rates and highlight Congressional experience regarding this issue. Air  “Change” ad across California, Michigan, South Carolina, and Nevada highlighting vision and purpose of the campaign.

California
October 15th-31st

October 15th-30th: Unveil the endorsements of Rep. Xavier Becerra and Mayor Gavin Newsom at rally in Oakland, California. Meet with California Democratic Officials and Representatives seeking public support and presenting campaign policies. Comment on recent bump in the polls stating that Americans are responding to our progressive policies and our grassroots movement about change for all.
October 31st: Spend the day with family attending festive personal and community events.

Campaign Messaging
- Establish Congresswoman Lee as the leading progressive in the race with a firm outsider image
- Position Congresswoman Lee as a firm new liberal with a bold agenda of tackling income inequality, pushing women issues, eradicating poverty, and fighting for economic justice.  
- Highlight her dedication to crafting and advancing legislation that would lift millions of American families out of poverty and into the middle class.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2020, 02:22:53 AM »

Clinton attacks Lee in Iowa

At a campaign rally in Ames, IA, Senator Clinton hammered Congresswomen Lee for her hypocrisy

I mean she goes at me and alleges I have made backroom deals to get support from opponents! But when she gains support from an opponent suddenly it's 'Well it's not a backroom deal if it's for me'. When you are President of the United States you lead by example! Congresswomen Lee has proven that she will do anything even be a hypocrite, to be President.

She likes to change the rules when it benefits her but the American people should say no! I will not back down! Barbara Lee how about YOU stop with the backroom deals! Let's get back to what matters, providing for the American people, and make sure Barabara Lee stays out of smoke-filled rooms!
raymundoflx
Rookie
United States

« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2020, 03:06:04 AM »

Congresswoman Lee Hits Back at Senator Clinton

Congresswoman Lee responded to the attacks made by Senator Clinton by stating: "Look I think it's a shame to see Senator Clinton twist the facts to try and distract from what she's clearly been trying to do, wrap up this primary through backroom deals as quickly as possible. You see the big distinction that Senator Clinton is purposely leaving out in her statements is that the New York Times in fact reported a behind the scenes meeting between herself and Senator Lincoln as well as with Senator Daschle before they announced their endorsements. There was no such meeting between myself and Senator Obama where who knows what was offered. Rather, Senator Obama believed in my vision for America and in my policies and I would encourage any other candidate that believes in our campaign to join us and build a progressive coalition. However, I did not engage in any secret meetings with other candidates persuading them and offering them god knows what, that's the difference and that's clearly what Senator Clinton is trying to hide. So I would encourage Senator Clinton to stop the charade and instead focus on presenting her plans as I've been doing. The American people are sick and tired of the party establishment handpicking their nominees and winning this primary through personal connections, we won't win this election by nominating the typical candidate so I ask everyone to join us in shaking up the race and transforming this country."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies