PJP joins the LibDems
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:59:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  PJP joins the LibDems
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PJP joins the LibDems  (Read 1793 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2006, 02:39:16 PM »

PJP joins LibDems

Interesting, but not at all suprising. "Secret negotiations" my foot; there've been rumours about this for months.
Anyways, this confirms some interesting changes to the ever hellish makeup of inner city politics in Brum. Some recent developments include... the defection of Talib Hussain to Respect, the divorce of the PJP from Respect, Respect's candidate in Sparkbrook & Small Heath running for council... and so on... the whole thing has become absurdly messed up... anyways, the PJP are not nice people. To put it mildly. While I won't repeat certain accusations made about them... let's just say that when they run candidates for anything, the graveyards do get rather busy.
Note that they are not a political party in a conventional sense; they are essentially a community vote-getting machine...
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 04:15:52 PM »

Note that they are not a political party in a conventional sense; they are essentially a community vote-getting machine...

They will feel right at home in the Lib Dems then Wink

I am suprised that they disbanded, though as you mention, they were a local community operation. But the idea of such political groups always unsettle me so I am glad it has wound down.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 04:20:59 PM »

But the idea of such political groups always unsettle me so I am glad it has wound down.

Oh no, it hasn't wound down. Not at all... it's just merged into something else. The PJP was never much more than a front really...
Most of it anyways. Maybe all; not sure yet. The effects of this on the local elections could be interesting.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 07:56:25 AM »

One has to ask why the Lib Dems allow organisations like the PJP to merge into it, but then you just look at Liverpool and Leicester where the local parties have been taken over by outside groups.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 12:01:11 AM »

I'd never even heard of the Peoples Justice Party until I clicked Al's link

Some small Japanese party could have merged with its Liberal Democratic Party for all I knew Tongue

Dave
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 02:59:37 PM »

...and Talib Hussain is no longer in Respect (he's now an Indie) and IIRC it's not entirely sure whether he ever was in the first place.

Confused?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies