Blood, Sweat, and Gore: A 2008 Election Game by Aaron and Dat (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:45:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore: A 2008 Election Game by Aaron and Dat (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore: A 2008 Election Game by Aaron and Dat  (Read 10816 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« on: May 30, 2020, 07:05:05 PM »

Looking forward to playing as the ultimate #populist Purple heart
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 10:29:35 PM »

Agreed, also Twitter isn't nearly as big in 2007.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 11:44:43 AM »

Wikimedia Commons

Brian Schweitzer for President: The People's Democrat

Oh, there we go, mic is on. Hello Montanans, I'm happy to be here in Billings today. Jag, Nancy and I are here for a very special announcement, and of course it would have to be in Montana, and I think Billings is a good example of the good work we've done to help Montanans. The story of this state is the story of the struggle for working people. Most in the other 49 don't know that this state was once effectively the private property of the Anaconda corporation. We were their own personal cash cow to them. But the Montanans routed them, we kicked them out, we sent the Anacondas running. As Governor I've tried to do my best to keep them out, and make Montanans proud and keep this state prosperous and happy. That means massive budget surpluses, investing in early childhood education, big time investment in education in Indian country, getting all those domestic energy jobs, defending our 2nd Amendment rights, telling the Feds to leave Montana hunters, fishermen, and ranchers the hell alone, and yes vetoing all those bad, frivolous, unconstitutional bills that the GOP keeps sending my way, and if I need to use a branding iron, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll do it! And there is more on the way folks.

But folks, the Anacondas are back. They've slithered into Washington. It's no surprise Walmart keeps conquering Mom and Pop shops, Homeland Security Departments and rigged trade deals are forced onto small town America, and domestic energy production is shoved into the ground. Now it's gotten a lot better since the days of winner take all, rich man's trickle down economics and corruption up to here, it has. And President Gore did a mighty fine job telling that puppet of the big military industrial companies Dick Cheney to go back to Wyoming, he did a fine job with that I'll say. But there is much more work to do, I'm not beholden to any special interest. I'm not Governor of Montana for anybody but Montanans. I believe that every American deserves a leader who can truthfully say, without a moment of reservation that they are in it for the American people, and I think Americans are looking for that. And it's for that reason that I stand before you to announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America. It's gonna be a long fight, and yes they'll make it nasty, but I'm committed to it. The American people deserve it, and I believe that I can be a the candidate for working Americans, for our children and grandchildren, and a President who can fight everyday for the American people. Thank you my friends, and today our journey begins!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2020, 03:48:35 PM »

Could we get polling numbers for both primaries? I want to see if I'll have enough credits to be able to ask for an endorsement ( I have someone in mind, but I need a credit to ask for him)
I assume an update is coming soon, it's just the first day Smiley
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 08:20:09 PM »

Is this game still taking players?

Today's the last day for signups, as a matter of fact.
Oh perfect, could I play Rep. Hart?

Indeed you can.
Great! When does this turn end?

I would highly highly encourage playing as a Republican, but that's just me

Edit: You are, nice
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies